NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "driver" scenario is a good one too. If Steven showed up ad was told to park his care at the end of the street and this was a three day job to drive to Sacramento, then it would make sense that he checked his cell phone. The phone finally died out, and then he got to the destination and then something happened. That would explain the comment that he was going to Sacramento.

When I was young I was hired to drive an R.V. to Phoenix Arizona for a family that was moving out there, and got paid good for it.

Kelly

I would think if a missing person had a drug history....it would be more likely he met up with foul play than just walking away. imo

I think drug addicts are more likely to be murdered but MUCH more likely to walk away, as well.

This may seem a bit cheeky, but the PI should have checked out all the sources of job listings in the SCA area. Something could have been missed though.

That was funny, IMO. Can you imagine anyone here getting cheeky?!

As far as the various ideas recently suggested, I'd think that a driving job would be a more probable one than a live-in attendant, unless he did have some of that experience/interest, etc. that we don't know about.

I've not done that myself, but I have hired someone to drive my car. I wonder just how prevalent it is? I do think that the population in SCA would be prime candiates for hiring someone, although I certainly don't know that to be true. I would think many of the people who hire someone to drive a car somewhere are people who are moving and don't want to drive in a separate car from their spouse (my situation) or an elderly person who wants his car transferred (after buying or something) but doesn't want to drive expressways, freeways, etc.

Anyone hear anything about bones yet?

http://elko.craigslist.org/trp/2304002899.html look at this one- also states no phone calls...and look at the compensation? might be a little shady but someone who needs money, might be interested in something like this if they saw the ad.

or here: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/trp/2366010122.html

Sophieness - way to go! I was very surprised to see these. It's hard to believe that these would be illegal deliverables, advertised in plain sight, but I wonder what they might be? If I lived nearby, I'd be tempted to "apply in person" just to see what it might be about. Wonder if Steven did?

Here's the thing about motive in the case of foul play: I think it's safe to say that one of the reasons we find it so hard to take a direction here in theories is that the "foul play" might not be a logical conclusion to the lead-up. I think that there's a good chance that it was fairly random. He just saw something he should have, was "in the way" somehow, robbed for his wallet, etc. If he'd been applying for something like one of those ads above, thinking that he'd just go and see if it was a legit job, who's to say that the person meeting him didn't just decide to roll him instead? If drugs or something, they'd realize right away that he's not the type and might to to LE; so, hit him on the head and leave him somewhere.

And, perhaps he'd made a run before this, answered the ad already and already done a delivery, not knowing what, exactly he was delivering, and not wanting his family to know, thinking that it doesn't look very good. Therefore, he knew just where to park to pick up the package. I know, all this seems stretching a bit, but I think it's at least plausible. Hmmm.

You guys are the BOMB! If it was foul play,job related foul play, he had to get the job inteview somewhere.... besides the yellow pages and with no traceable phone interaction.

I followed the JBR case for years, maybe to an obsession. Now I have spent my time looking at missing cases, especially the perplexing ones. In the Ray Gricar case there is a daily poster that post % of causes, I started researching this, and the odds of walking away are very slim, unless they are running away from something. if they are not , it is professionally looked at as a mental disorder, maybe such as a disassociate problem. Very slim odds. Suicide odds are higher.What I have learned first hand is that suicide can be implusive and no one near has a clue.
What I find interesting is that there are so many missing cases that have no answers. I think no one has classified Random Crime statistics. I think this is a statistic that is growing and cant be measured.

You guys are the BOMB! If it was foul play,job related foul play, he had to get the job inteview somewhere.... besides the yellow pages and with no traceable phone interaction.

IMO, it was word of mouth from someone he knew who is too scared to come forward since things went bad fast.

I have looked at google and yes there are tons of live in jobs, caretakers and so forth, I just am unable to find one for Evening Lights or Portsmouth for 2009. It could have been word of mouth.

Kelly

I followed the JBR case for years, maybe to an obsession. Now I have spent my time looking at missing cases, especially the perplexing ones. In the Ray Gricar case there is a daily poster that post % of causes, I started researching this, and the odds of walking away are very slim, unless they are running away from something. if they are not , it is professionally looked at as a mental disorder, maybe such as a disassociate problem. Very slim odds. Suicide odds are higher.What I have learned first hand is that suicide can be implusive and no one near has a clue.
What I find interesting is that there are so many missing cases that have no answers. I think no one has classified Random Crime statistics. I think this is a statistic that is growing and cant be measured.

The problem that I have with the suicide theory is I have to ask; how did he do it? Walking out in the desert, hanging himself, shooting himself, walking out to the desert and taking an overdose? Doesn't seem likely for obvious reasons. Walking out into the desert to commit suicide would be an awfully miserable and painful way to die. The other ways that I mentioned would have seemed to have brought some attention by now.

I think this was a completely random act. Whether he stumbled onto to something or got into an argument that went bad, or saw something that he wasn't suppose to. Maybe what he was going to interview for was aganst his moral ethics and against the law and the person or persons knew that and stopped him from calling the police. Whatever it was, it went south.

Kelly

I found the following from September of 2009, this may have some teeth to it. Please read the following and I will provide the link. http://pets.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dog_Rescue_RailRoad/message/143785

Transport Coordinator Wendy Mendola
All American Dachshund Rescue
<modsnip>
thetotspot@...
This is a moderated transport and you will be asked to call Wendy Mendola at <modsnip> thetotspot@... you pass off. Thank you in advance and have a safe trip.

When volunteering for a leg or 2 please provide the following information:

Name:
E-mail address:
Cell phone
Hm phone:
Vehicle info:
Plate #

Transport Date: Saturday, September 12, 2009

Traveling from: Henderson, NV
Foster name: Ruth

Traveling to: Sacramento, CA
Foster family: Ani

Continued on the same job ad from September of 2009.

Transport Sept. 12 Henderson, NV to Sacramento, CA

Please help: Permission granted to Crosspost

Reason for Transport: going to Foster/Forever homes!
Dates: September 12, 2009
All Foster Home and/or Forever Homes approved via home visits and reference checks.
Rescue Organization responsible for Transport: All American Dachshund Rescue/ Lewisburg, TN
Rescue website: www.allamericandachshundrescue.org

FW: URGENT! Transport Sept. 12 Henderson, NV to Sacramento, CA
Western area folks, transport help needed! Contact Wendy at: <modsnip> thetotspot@......

This is a job that says "urgent" to drive from Henderson to Sacramento back in September of 2009. It is under the same zip code as Evening Lights. 89052

That was funny, IMO. Can you imagine anyone here getting cheeky?!

As far as the various ideas recently suggested, I'd think that a driving job would be a more probable one than a live-in attendant, unless he did have some of that experience/interest, etc. that we don't know about.

I've not done that myself, but I have hired someone to drive my car. I wonder just how prevalent it is? I do think that the population in SCA would be prime candiates for hiring someone, although I certainly don't know that to be true. I would think many of the people who hire someone to drive a car somewhere are people who are moving and don't want to drive in a separate car from their spouse (my situation) or an elderly person who wants his car transferred (after buying or something) but doesn't want to drive expressways, freeways, etc.

Anyone hear anything about bones yet?

As in......( @ ) ??

I have looked at google and yes there are tons of live in jobs, caretakers and so forth, I just am unable to find one for Evening Lights or Portsmouth for 2009. It could have been word of mouth.

Kelly

I haven't seen this brought up - but just a thought...

Job may not have been advertised through an on-line list or through something like a newspaper. In my area there are a couple of places where people post flyers with tear off tags with phone #'s on them.

Bulletin boards and store windows are everywhere around here and lots of them are filled with jobs as has been mentioned. Also, churches are known for this as well - especially someone looking for a sitter for an elderly person (at least here in my area).

So a "job find" may not have been found in the "normal" public way.

Trying to think out of the box - a person could be interviewed anywhere and then maybe told to come for a 2nd interview elsewhere...

I found the following from September of 2009, this may have some teeth to it. Please read the following and I will provide the link. http://pets.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dog_Rescue_RailRoad/message/143785

Transport Coordinator Wendy Mendola
All American Dachshund Rescue
<modsnip>
thetotspot@...
This is a moderated transport and you will be asked to call Wendy Mendola at <modsnip> thetotspot@... you pass off. Thank you in advance and have a safe trip.

When volunteering for a leg or 2 please provide the following information:

Name:
E-mail address:
Cell phone
Hm phone:
Vehicle info:
Plate #

Transport Date: Saturday, September 12, 2009

Traveling from: Henderson, NV
Foster name: Ruth

Traveling to: Sacramento, CA
Foster family: Ani

Kelly, you've brought up something very interesting. I recently was "in the market" for a new kitty and stumbled upon something amazing. Although there must be literally thousands of pets in the state I live in, the shelter where I got our cat brings all of its animals in from another state -several states away, in fact. They routinely have people driving these cats up from Kentucky to New York (yes, you read that right!) I was simply astounded. However, what I've realized since then is that this is a very common practice. I'm not sure why, but apparently this happens all over the country. (Puhleaze! .....like NY doesn't have enough stray cats looking for "forever homes"!!)

Sometimes these are long trips for one driver, but often they arrange "tag teams" and relay them, one person only driving a hundred or so miles. However, they do seem to use volunteers. I wonder who would pay (well) for this kind of service? A private pet owner giving their beloved pet away to someone in another state? I could see this if it were some sort of exotic pet -african gray parrot or something. The other thing I could see would be illegal or dangerous pets --poisonous snakes or other animals. I do think that there is a pretty big "exotic pet" trade and maybe some of this would require transport from larger cities to smaller. Something to think about. I think that it would be a tremendous stretch to think Steven were knowingly transporting something illegal, but it strikes me that a very hard-up person might do something a lot less "mainstream" than he would otherwise -and hide it from his friends and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member