NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been delving into this as I have some free time. I have a hunch and I have just emailed Craig Retke. I think that I know why Steven was in that neighborhood. AT least I have an opinion, that makes sense.

I have to find a way to access job listings for 2009 in that area. I have checked Indeed, Simply Hired and Craig's list. I wonder if they archive their listings somehow.

Kelly

I believe that Steven was in that area and he was calling on a job for a live in housekeeper and companion. There are so many advertisement for that type of job in the Henderson area and Vegas that I was shocked.

Let's check the archives for 2009, for indeed.com, simply hired.com Craigs list and so forth. I have the day off tomorrow and that is what I will be doing. It's a hunch.

I don't think craigslist keeps archives that far back. I have seen a few ads for private drivers that I found interesting. what if there was an ad from northern nevada requesting a ride south? he stops in to see acquaintences in rv before picking them up. doesn't want to say he is getting paid to give rides to strangers so he says going to sacramento. and one in henderson? maybe even the same person, made plans in person during the ride a couple days before. who knows why people need a driver, age of themselves or the relative of the person putting out the ad, driver's license taken away, up to no good and don't want evidence of themselves making a trip. I don't know if we could ever pinpoint it now. if he used an alternate email address on library computers we don't have it. there are lots of reasons why people harm other people, some don't make sense to normal people. just like walking away from one's life wouldn't make sense to a normal person.

Let's check the archives for 2009, for indeed.com, simply hired.com Craigs list and so forth. I have the day off tomorrow and that is what I will be doing. It's a hunch.

Don't forget the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Las Vegas Sun, Nifty Nickel, monsterjobs.com, etc.

Fairy1

I could ask you the same question, why do you think your theory is more likely than mine. I have given you my reasons why I believe what I believe and evidently that is not acceptable to you. But I will try one more time.

He had no history of mental illness and generally speaking in my personal experience people don't usual become mentally ill overnight unless they have a psychotic break due to drug abuse. Mental illness such as some kind of neurosis comes on over a period of time or has been present. Situational depression can cause people to do things that they would not likely do, but situational depression is fairly easy to spot in people (loosing weight, lots of sleep, losing interest in things that they previously had interest in, sitting around alot, crying). I have not seen anything to indicate that at all. Obviously I can only go on what his family has said and what has been publicized.

Again I worked in private LE, and in the military. I have personally made apprehensions of felons and have investigated numerous people for various things. I have studied abnormal behavior my whole life in both college and personally. I am a member of the American Psychological Association. I have interviewed numerous people who were victims of very violent crime, where they barely got out with their lives.

Does that make me an expert? I don't know, I just go with probabilities and not conspiratorial theories or things that make no sense.

Again if I am wrong I will be happy to admit it, but I don't think that I am.

Now having said that, can we move on? I don't want to debate the issue. I am just trying to help find Steven Koecher, whether he is alive or not.

Kelly

I don't have just one theory. I am open to others - if they are compelling and make sense.

We are here to debate the possibilities, that's what we do. Many of us - though certainly not all - are here to find Steven.

I don't think craigslist keeps archives that far back. I have seen a few ads for private drivers that I found interesting. what if there was an ad from northern nevada requesting a ride south? he stops in to see acquaintences in rv before picking them up. doesn't want to say he is getting paid to give rides to strangers so he says going to sacramento. and one in henderson? maybe even the same person, made plans in person during the ride a couple days before. who knows why people need a driver, age of themselves or the relative of the person putting out the ad, driver's license taken away, up to no good and don't want evidence of themselves making a trip. I don't know if we could ever pinpoint it now. if he used an alternate email address on library computers we don't have it. there are lots of reasons why people harm other people, some don't make sense to normal people. just like walking away from one's life wouldn't make sense to a normal person.

That would make sense.

The caretaker, live in companion or driver thing makes sense. The driver thing would make alot of sense if he was hired to drive someone or to drive someone's car out to Sacramento, or maybe their furniture.

I think this maybe what he was there for.

Kelly

From a previous encounter w/Craiglist, they require a subpoena for archived records, especially if it involves a specific member's posting. I'm not sure how to get around that but we could still try doing generic searches to see if the postings have been cached by others.

This is not intended as a challenge of any information that has been presented, just additional information because more and more research is being done on how symptoms of depression presents differently in men vs. women.

Link: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/depression/complete-index.shtml#pub7

Quote from above article:

How do men experience depression?

Men often experience depression differently than women and may have different ways of coping with the symptoms. Men are more likely to acknowledge having fatigue, irritability, loss of interest in once–pleasurable activities, and sleep disturbances, whereas women are more likely to admit to feelings of sadness, worthlessness and/or excessive guilt.12,13

Men are more likely than women to turn to alcohol or drugs when they are depressed, or become frustrated, discouraged, irritable, angry and sometimes abusive. Some men throw themselves into their work to avoid talking about their depression with family or friends, or engage in reckless, risky behavior. And even though more women attempt suicide, many more men die by suicide in the United States.14

Did Steven ever have a job working with elderly people, especially with memory loss patients?

Just to satisfy my own curiosity, I slapped a beard on one of the pics of SK. I'll be the first to admit I have no skills using photo-shop, but I think the overall impression of the photo is interesting.

Attachments

• Beard.jpg
    Beard.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 66
Anthem is a large master-planned community and Sun City Anthem is one of many sub-divisions located within it.

On a related note, SCA was not as peaceful as it appears. The members of the HOA have not been friendly with each other and it seems that they are at times engaged in open hostile warfare with each other about HOA issues. Also, there are allegations of inappropriate usage of HOA funds in SCA that have been going on for a couple of years now.

The SCA HOA has their own blogspot.

I would think if a missing person had a drug history....it would be more likely he met up with foul play than just walking away. imo

On a related note, SCA was not as peaceful as it appears. The members of the HOA have not been friendly with each other and it seems that they are at times engaged in open hostile warfare with each other about HOA issues. Also, there are allegations of inappropriate usage of HOA funds in SCA that have been going on for a couple of years now.

The SCA HOA has their own blogspot.

Do you have a link to support this? We have seen the SCA HOA newsletter (available on-line), but I don't suppose this type of news would be reported there.

From a previous encounter w/Craiglist, they require a subpoena for archived records, especially if it involves a specific member's posting. I'm not sure how to get around that but we could still try doing generic searches to see if the postings have been cached by others.

Don't take my word on it, but I believe earlier in the threads someone did some research on Craig's List from information that was cached. It would take me a while to search for the old postings, but I'll try. I'm thinking maybe Hollyblue or Laytonian had done some research regarding Craig's List postings.

This may seem a bit cheeky, but the PI should have checked out all the sources of job listings in the SCA area. Something could have been missed though.

I am going through scores of job listings for caretakers, nanny's, live in companions and there are tons of them for this area. I am goiing to google every street in that area for "help wanted" "employment" "jobs" "caretaker" "nanny" "live-in companion" "fulltime caretaker." There is a plethora of them from 2009. There is one ad that says "live in companion from 12-09-2009 for Henderson, but it doesn't list the street address. It says "paid, live in full time, non-smoker, high school graduate, good pay." It has a phone number and I called it but it is disconnected.

Kellly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member