2011.05.27 TRIAL Day Four (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any moment now...that little bird JB has in his pocket is going to need to fly out and thump him on the head.

Yes, I know it's a pocket square, but today it resembles a bird.....and JB is needing a thumping.

JB is trying to fit a square theory into a round hole and the shapes are not fitting together. Perhaps he should have picked another puzzle to work with.

Mr Birch just testified earlier that he suggested that they open the trunk before he drove off in it.

Geo, just tell him; Yes I was concerned. Because, here I am picking up a car that was in my daughters possession and she never called saying she was NOT or no longer in possession of it. And having not seen her or Caylee for sometime; this was causing me great concern.

I think JB will end up with sanctions at some point in the trial

JB: did the gas can have duct tape on it?

I don't remember?

JB: was it the old one?

I don't remember which one I took

JB: you don't know if it had duct tape

I don't know what one I took

JB: the round one for 20 years, you don't know on july 15th 2008, do you know if it had duct tape.

I don't know which one I took with me, sir.

JB: did the round gas can that you took have duct tape?

JA: asked and answered

sustained

HHJP: he said he doesn't know which one he took

JB: you hadn't spoken to casey since june 24th?

yes

JB: you hadn't SPOKEN to casey since june 24?

As far as spoken, I don't believe in texting.

JB: As far as you know it had been weeks since you spoke to your daughter.

yes

JB: and when you arrived at the tow yard you were concerned about your granddaughter?

yes

JB: the most precious thing in your life, the two most precious things in your life?

yes

JB: in fact you were telling people about your missing granddaughter?

no

JB: maybe through a conversation I had told him I had not seen my granddaughter you told people.

I hadn't seen my granddaughter or daughter because I hadn't seen them

JB: and you were telling people at the tow yard.

the tow guy we had some small talk I don't remember that conversation

JB: when your son Lee had gone downtown to look for Casey after the fourth of July?

yes

JB: there was active participation to look for Casey?

yes

JB: this day you were distraught and concerned.

concerned

JB: you told mr ashton you were more concerned then the 24th?

yes more than the 24th

JB: you smelled decomp?

yes

JB: a smell you never forget, one you smelled as a dect?

yes

JB: before you opened the trunk, you asked mr birch to walk around with you and open the trunk.

I did not ask him to come to the trunk?

JB: do you recall your statement to LE on aug 24 2008?

I have given many statements to LE, yes sir.

JB: is directing the page. did you make the statement, would you please walk around to the back of the car...

HHJP: mr ashton

JB: I smell, I'm like Oh god I try to start the car and I say no George there is something wrong you can't take it away.

objection

HHJP: yes

(side bar)

Just do it GA...stand up and say I never abused my daughter, I didnt Kill or cover up the death of my granddaughter...so get off of it Baez....

He needs to remain composed. Even though we can see this is killing him, he's maintaining under great, great pressure. and he needs to keep on keepin' on.

Yes. Approach. JB is mocking this man.

and YES, George said YES to the decomp!
I am applauding GA and that is a strange place for me....

I honestly believe that JB is planning to whip out his calendar with GA's notes in closing arguments to dramatically "PROVE" (Perry Mason moment) GA was the ONLY person who could have 'done it.' Just not sure what 'done it' will be.

jb asks if GA can step down to calendar . . . writes 13th July date he got USPS letter from front door . .. JB asks how long it takes for mail to go a mile in a half . . . GA doesn't know . . .not noticed the letter . . .CA found the letter @front door . . .JB wants to know where exact on front door . . .GA didn't see it . . .July 6-12 didn't use front door . . .not main entrance . . didn't see notice from street . . no other documents or papers on doors . . .vanilla yellow color . . .residential mail delivered down the street . . . GA usually gets mail . . CA usually gets home 5-6 usual schedule . . .GA leaves between 2 and 2:15 GA finished one job start work for another company . . .GA generally pick up the mail (JB being short & curt questioning) . . .GA thought he and CA were spending more time together that week as he thought she was home . . .entire week spent @ the home . . only 1 notice that car was towed . . (2nd notice . . .object not in evidence . . sustained again sustained) GA not aware if 2nd or 3rd or final notice came to the home . . .(fact not in evidence) JB are you aware if you received any other notices at your home . . NO. 1 notice.

clearly see front door of the door, back off the road. . u or c shaped home front door is back a little . . can see front door basically from road . . .GA wasn't asked if he called Amscot that date . . GA called later after he got to his work in early evening . . GA curious about that . . .after drove car home and went to work . . .didn't call Mr. Birch and tell him call Amscot . . no way Mr. Birch would know car was at Amscot for 3 days . . .GA did not tell him . . .went home waitfor CA to meet to go to tow yard had taken gas cans . . .usually do that ? past experience told me to take some gas . . .JB what tow yard had you taken gas to? GA said knowledgable wh at to do . . JB: lucky thinking? lucky guess (object- sustained) fortunate guess . . .(object-sustained ) JB will move on . . .

Gas can have duct tape? GA doesn't remember which cans he took . . . (X3) . . . no recollection from 7/15/2008 that gas can had duct tape on it round cylinder had for 20 years . . .GA said doesn't remember which gas can . . . (asked & answered best ability . . .HHBP explain doesn't remember which one took)

GA last he saw kc 24th of June . . .far as he could remember . . . (quiet in court . . .JB setting up the Calendar) . . . .3 1/2 weeks since spoke to daughter. . . arrived @ tow yard very concerned for granddaughter . .two most precious things in your life . . . telling people about missing granddaughter . . .No . . .Didn't tell anyone granddaughter was missing . . . didn't know she was missing . . .GA said hadn't seen grand daughter or daughter . . concerned for the well being . . .before the car? GA doesn't remember exactly when the conversation . . .after July . . .weekend when LA went downtown to look for kc . . .active participation on behalf of wife & son to find KC. . .on this date GA is concerned . . ."elevated state" as compared to the 24th . . .more concerned . . .smelled human decomp in the car . . . never forget . . distinctive . . .smelled as detective many times . . . got in the car before open trunk asked SB to walk around and open trunk w/GA (GA said no I didn't ask him) . .. 7/24/08 statement to LE page 23 . . . .lines 20-22 . . . JB reading to the jury . . . "no George . . .something wrong got to find out now . . ." . . .(JA can we approach? yes!)

Same here. I never use the front door. We have two cats and two dogs, and I'm always scared they will run out if we use the front door.

I drive in and out of the garage and then go straight into the kitchen. Seldom open my front door..

What's the big deal about George not getting the notice? It's not that unusual. We used to live in a house where we almost never used the front door, and this was fairly common. FWIW, if I DID see something I might not have rushed to go get it, assuming is was a pizza coupon or something. Irresponsible, i know;) haha.

Baez is on this ice with JP with this lucky guess stuff...he'd better cut it out. Looks bad to the jury to get those three "sustained" and admonished from the judge in that tone.

Yep, I had notice to appear for a child support hearing and did not know, good thing I was already in court for a custody hearing. I came home and the notice was on my front door for over 3 weeks. I even told the judge I never received notice, and I didn't.

I also feel that maybe Casey took the notice off the door and put it back after. Casey had access to the house. IMO, the reason they are using George as the scape goat is because he was the one that told the truth when she got indited for murder. She is mad that Daddy did not lie for her like Cindy has for years...JMO :cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member