2011.06.06 Sidebar (Trial Day Eleven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we exhausted the subject of the wikipedia edits from a florida IP address during the trial lunch hour yet?

Was there any explanation for those? I find that very strange.

Mt. Kat - kc hired JB after he came highly recommended from other inmates @ booking.

Dentists will not treat children's teeth with Flouride until they are past their 3rd birthday. Everything they use on toddlers is non flourinated. My wife runs a pediatric dental clinic. I have closets full of sample toothpaste that she brings home because they cannot use it or give it to the kids, because it has flouride.

But a lot of cities add fluoride to their municipal water supply. Mine does and I think somebody brought up that Orlando does also. When my city started it, it was published that water filtration systems DO filter it out. They stated this so the families who didn't want to get it could filter it out.

Bombshell tonight!!
History made in a Florida courtroom today
Jeff Ashton, once again, introduces new science into a court room
Bombshell tonight!!
Jose Baez Objecting to his own question
Judge Tells Baez the witness can answer the question "...you asked it, he can answer."

I read that in perfect NG-ease in my head.....you sound just like her! :floorlaugh:

I'm still wondering why in the world did they not have DS doing this cross. I mean wasn't that the whole intent of bringing her on after LKB went MIA? :waitasec:

I'm wondering if the JB solo show is what seems to have pushed HHJP to decide that "school is over!" I think the judge may have been expecting a more varied parade of lawyers from the defense team to be on display. The fact that the inexperienced and grossly unqualified JB is seeking to single handedly defend a capital case has got to be alarming to the judge?

Apparently Baez and Co likes pulling that subpoena carp with all the witness who he really has a vendetta against. I.E. Amy H, Dr. Vass and probably will with Kronk also.

He's a pathetic man. IMO

Yes, that is becoming apparent isn't it

:floorlaugh:In keeping with the "Websleuthmyster's montra"..I am going to take a wee break..and wish to congratulate DT/namely JB for assisting the Courts of Justice to bring Decomp ability proof to the table!!..I always try and look at the "Bright Side" of the issues..just as I watched the introduction of DNA to the Courts..I have been so Blessed to witness this :blushing::tyou::websleuther::fireworks:

With that,salute for awhile:seeya:

Perhaps JB wanted DS to address some things in a manner that wasn't up to her moral/ethical standards. Not that I would accuse JB of doing anything unethical or immoral. Just tossing that out as a possible hypothetical as to why DS might not have done the cross. :innocent:

Plus JB wants all the "glory" or attention for himself. Maybe these are the real reasons the other DT members quit.

I want to buy Dr. Vass a steak dinner at the best steakhouse in town! He so deserves it!!!! Too bad I don't live in Florida, lol.

Better make that a burger. Wonder if he likes them well-done or rare.

The stinky squirrel was striking at midnight on Clickorlando.com. BUt nothing exciting came out of it.

Oh geez, I started keeping track and lost count how many times JB was overruled... anyone?

wait let me go and look at my White Board...i had a tally going...
sorry the kids erased it and started drawing funny faces...

I was thinking, seeing as Baez rehashed all the same points from the Frye hearings, that in all that time the only new things they found to try and attack Dr Vass on was diving rods and electronic collars on flies.

So far Baez has brought up

Websleuths
Facebook
Wikipedia

Seriously, who in the hell is doing the research for this team and is this the best they've got? Because in that case they've got nothing. It's pretty obvious that Baez is used to trolling around on social media sites - methinks it might be better for him to spend less time doing that and more time looking for case law that might support his position.

The only reason I think he mentioned WS, is out of pure jealousy that he was not nominated for an all-star of anything. :giggle:

I too am a divining rod expert like Dr. Vass. My dad taught us when I was about 6 or 7 years old with coat hangers. It's easy and not that big of deal, but we could locate pipes on our property using them. What's the big deal Jose? It works...it's his "hobby".

I've been thinking: We're ten days away from when dear Caylee was taken from this world. I will be glued to the computer on June 16th. It won't slip the jurors minds to pay close attention to ICA on this anniversary as well.
OMG...I had forgotten....wow!

I didn't get to see anything this afternoon - is Dr Vass coming back tomorrow? (I hope)! I just LOVE that guy!

Objectively speaking, there were points Baez should have pressed Dr Vass on, but he didn't, which hurt Baez badly, which hurts his client far more. If he really cared about a vigorous defense, he would have passed Dr Vass to Sims. At least she has practical experience, IMO. I have the utmost respect for Dr Vass and his work, but a better lawyer could have done damage control and given Dr Vass' testimony a problem, so to speak.

I'm glad Baez's cross was a fail; he made very little headway and no real dents in JA's direct exam, but I can't help but think Baez's failure is mostly due to his inexperience.

I wonder what the jury must be thinking after Baez's cross.

I thought the whole point of Sims being there was to cross the medical/science experts. I was surprised when it was Baez today.

During Dr. Vass's testimony, IIRC, he said the chloroform had a high evaporation rate and that the high levels achieved "over time". That said, to me, this was used over and over and over. To add to that, I believe he said at some point over the course of 8 hours of testimony, he referred to it as not only chloroform, but "manufactured chloroform". Anyone else catch it?

Wow, the chloroform testimony of Dr. Vass is going to the cause of death. This is big. What does "manufactured chloroform" mean to this case? Did Casey buy/steal already made chloroform? It sounds like it was used more than once. Shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox