2011.06.11 Sidebar (Trial Day Sixteen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE didn't take Caylee's hair samples, DNA from toothbrush before letting Casey out on bail? Was the house searched before December?

As I recall, there was an initial search of the house in July 2008, after the cadaver dog search of the backyard. I think a few items were taken in that search, but not sure what. I seem to remember vacuums being taken, but don't now remember if that was in the first search or later after December.

Was the entomologist able to specify how many days Caylee was in the car trunk?

I've only seen the posts on this page so far ;) , but my understanding of the reason for superimposing Caylee's face was to show the relationship between the "nasal apertures" of the skull and the actual nose. I.e., the nose could be blocked without the entire "nasal apertures" being blocked.

Don't fool yourself, there are many "beautiful" people doing meth. The teeth and aging happens with a very serious habit. I can see KC messing around with whatever is being offered. I don't see her having a habit of anything but lying. jmo

Switching horses, lol. I've been thinking about those yellow handled garbage bags tucked all around the Anthony's garage. I think KC may have done that to frame her dad and ensure they weren't depleted. mo

I thought that was weird too, and it stood out to me- a garbage bag inside the suit case, a garbage bag inside the dog crate? What for? Was there also one inside the cooler or was the cooler inside a garbage bag? Can't recall which it was, but it all seemed strange!

Don't fool yourself, there are many "beautiful" people doing meth. The teeth and aging happens with a very serious habit. I can see KC messing around with whatever is being offered. I don't see her having a habit of anything but lying. jmo

No, I don't fool myself at all. I'm a recovering alkie myself, spent a lot of years doing drugs, tho not meth but did my share of coke, spent years tending bar and I can spot an addict a mile a way. I can even tell you what they're on if I'm close enough.

Moderate use of alcohol can age a woman especially, in a very short amount of time.

My point was: Casey didn't have any kind of habit.

Does this go against what was the previous theory as to the number of days that Caylee was in the trunk?

I think the other report on the decomp said 2.5 days, so I don't think there's a conflict.

No, I don't fool myself at all. I'm a recovering alkie myself, spent a lot of years doing drugs, tho not meth but did my share of coke, spent years tending bar and I can spot an addict a mile a way. I can even tell you what they're on if I'm close enough.

Moderate use of alcohol can age a woman especially, in a very short amount of time.

My point was: Casey didn't have any kind of habit.

IMO Casey could have and would have done any drug given to her by a good looking dude.:rocker: And I too was a bartender and have had my own experiences and I can spot 'em a mile away.

AL was on 20/20

It is now the third week in court for Casey Anthony, on trial for the murder of her two-year-old daughter, Caylee, and, as Chris Cuomo reports, the bombshell claims and bizarre twists keep coming. For the first time, one of Casey Anthony’s former defense attorneys Andrea Lyon speaks out about Anthony’s current defense strategy. Chris Cuomo’s report and the exclusive interview air on “20/20,” FRIDAY, June 10 (10:00 – 11:00 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/pressroom/...-turns-in-the-casey-anthony-murder-trial.html

it took some sleuthing ( andTY for the link Wishbone) here are the two videos of the interviews... First one called "Casey Anthony: Epic Legal Drama' second one called "Excellent Mother or Killer?"

Andrea Lyons parts are very specific...and not up to date to ALL the evidence brought into the case...sounds like she only listened to the claims of KC the liar and JB the Lead Attny..

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/

Was the entomologist able to tell if the body was moved more than once after being place in the woods?

Just got home. What'd I miss? :D

J/K I'm headed to watch the videos and read the trial thread. But still would appreciate any major highlights, upsets, bafoonery, etc.

J/K I'm headed to watch the videos and read the trial thread. But still would appreciate any major highlights, upsets, bafoonery, etc.

All I know is about an entomologist testifying. It was stated that Caylee could have been in the car trunk 3-5 days before being moved to the woods.

Was the entomologist able to tell if the body was moved more than once after being place in the woods?

Yes he was allycat..and was able to state that Caylee was placed there in the woods end of June or early July...and not moved again..going by the "Bug" evidence...Caylee had already started to decompose in the trunk of the car thus leaving specific Blow Fly pupae ..thats how he gets his 3-5 day estimate of time in the trunk ( heat in FlA increased decomposition time)..

Dr. Haskell was awesome to listen to..its a must see video if ya can find it!!

IIRC he didn't say anything about it but since her parts were so scattered and there were signs of animal activity and one of the witnesses said that her vertebrae were found close together indicating that they were still attached together with soft tissue when moved IMO it sounds like animals got to her pretty quickly (since all the soft tissue hadn't been decomposed) and afterwards it would have been impossible for a human to move the body since there were just individual bones that anyone couldn't have found from under the water.

The water may have moved some of the parts as well IMO.

Sorry for my sarcasm towards KC, but it does help. If the murder was premeditated, would she actually care if the baby had the same clothes or shorts on from the day before? That was my point. I can't see her being very choosy with regard to what Caylee would be wearing that day.

I have no clue what KC thinks, what GA thinks or what CA thinks. And what the 'normal' thing to do has no bearing because nothing about this case is 'normal'. But I do know they have ALL lied and made whatever happened to poor little Caylee so complicated that LE couldn't get to the truth (or they have gotten to the truth) so the A's get what they get. It just really pizzes me off how they've interferred with getting to the truth of this tragedy and now they're the poor grieving gp's again.

It makes me feel badly for KC, psychopath or not, that these were her role models yet she'll take the brunt for the failed 'happy' family. I'm not sure why I feel so strongly about this but I do. The A's will play you if you let them imo.

A question for all......................

Linda Drane Burdick stated last week that the state expects to finish their case in chief on Friday, June 17th. It may take an extra day due to delays.

With the testimony today from crime scene investigators and Dr. Neal Haskell - forensic etomologist, it would appear that the forensics portion of the remains site of the state's presentation is done.

There's a lot we haven't seen - Casey's cell phone ping records, for one, and a lot of witnesses we expected to see on the witness stand: Jesse Grund, Dominic Casey, Jim Hoover, Tim Miller, Shirley Plesea, Annie Dowling, Kiomarie Cruz, and others.

What do you expect the state to present in the coming week to wrap up their case?

It was pretty unremarkable. The entomologist was a great witness, able to hold his own against JB. JB attempted to bug him about the money he had earned from testifying and he pointed out that he still hadn't got his check from the defense.

Then there was a CSI person talking about things that were confiscated from the Anthony house and the locations of the bones that were found. JB kept asking him if there was duct tape on lawnmower, saw, shovels etc. I suppose he meant that there should have been duct tape everywhere if Casey killed Caylee.

Third witness was a surveyor who had done a birds eye view of the body dump site and I think everybody was eager to go home because he was asked very few questions and there was no cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spunky55