IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd never heard the name Lauren before this, now another college student named Lauren went missing last week.

Also see:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142747"]GA GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 25 June 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I think that BPD knows way more about the story than they are letting us know. Why aren't they letting us know? Because they don't need to. If this was a random abduction, they would be giving the public way more information in order to find that person. But they know it's not a random abduction. They must have some very important information about the friends that they don't want the public, the lawyers, and the friends, to know. That's why they're keeping quiet to the public, because telling us anything would only hurt the case. They're probably waiting to find Lauren first before they make any arrests or name any suspects though. After reading that new article today from USA Today, I strongly believe that this is the case. I still don't know whether it was an accident, they killed her, or whatever. But I do very strongly believe that they KNOW what happened to her.

Well I don't know about media outlets pressing the issue of the disturbing fact that Smallwood's behaviors and actions in LE attempting to see their video surveillance were very suspicious, and even disturbing and upsetting IMO.. Especially given the victim in the case is their very own tenant..

But I do know there are several of us hear who have on multiple occasions brought up how much we found it to be disturbing and suspicious as well as posted at great length and in-depth detail about those behaviors and actions of Smallwood leading up to BPD having to resort to using literal forced entry into the area where the surveillance was kept.. And with a court issued search warrant in hand, no less..

As I said I personally have not read much from the media about this particular detail of the investigation but as for several of us members, here.. We have brought it up numerous times..

A search done in the "Missing Forum Discussion" typing in the keywords: forced entry, Smallwood, video should bring up many of those in-depth, detailed posts and discussions regarding this matter...

If they wait to find Lauren, there may never be any charges. Just the way it goes with some of these cases and the more circumstantial the case, the less chance of anyone being charged.

I'd never heard the name Lauren before this, now another college student named Lauren went missing last week.

That's horrible. That sounds like some psychopath stuff right there.

In his comment to the press Reno certainly made it sound like CR was trespassing.P

http://www.wthr.com/story/14886013/...erers-apartment-building?clienttype=printable

I'm reviewing what was said in the press. I hadn't really paid alot of attention to the details of the trespassing aspect since we know (well, I guess we think we know) he was there that night (at this point I sometimes wonder how much of anything we think we know is really accurate and actually confirmed by police. It's starting to blur together).

I'd heard there was a no trespass list that was rather lengthy and not that hard to get your name on. So, if it was just an informal list held by the apartment complex I'd wonder if CR even knew he was on it, and even if he was what power it would really have (or how it would be used) if an apartment dweller invited him in.

But in the article linked above it is referred to as a 'no trespass order'. That would imply to me that the proper legal steps were taken to make this official and he likely would've been informed of the order and even asked by LE to sign a paper acknowledging it.

But all that said, I don't see how it's a factor unless it ties into the confrontation inside Smallwood.

So it's probably more noise muddying the picture than anything.

Yes, am following the recent graduate of Mercer Law School In Macon, GA case as well whose name is also Lauren(Giddings) and it is so very disturbing as it is a dismemberment case with only her torso being found and found laying next to the apt complex.. My bet is that her killer is also a "friend".. Very likely her own next door neighbor as well as graduate and classmate throughout Law school.. Sad..

Sorry for OT Bessie!!.. Just posting a link for any interested in the other Lauren's case:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142747"]GA GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 25 June 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

ETA: oops sorry btown I see ya beat me to it with the link;)

Well I don't know about media outlets pressing the issue of the disturbing fact that Smallwood's behaviors and actions in LE attempting to see their video surveillance were very suspicious, and even disturbing and upsetting IMO.. Especially given the victim in the case is their very own tenant..

But I do know there are several of us hear who have on multiple occasions brought up how much we found it to be disturbing and suspicious as well as posted at great length and in-depth detail about those behaviors and actions of Smallwood leading up to BPD having to resort to using literal forced entry into the area where the surveillance was kept.. And with a court issued search warrant in hand, no less..

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81966

Also see:
GA GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 25 June 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Yep. Two beautiful, blonde students named Lauren, both of whom might have met her demise at the hands of friends, albeit under very different circumstances.

Currently, we're also following the disappearance and suspected homicide of two other college coeds, Holly Bobo in TN, and Michele Le in CA. Last month, there was some speculation that LS and Holly's cases might be related. LE says no. As far as we know, the facts in each case are very different.

I know this is a gruesome thought, but I wonder if LE has checked out any of the sewer entries in the streets in that area.

I wondered if Smallwood brought up the list to point away from Lauren being the source of the altercation and thus, distancing themselves from Lauren...

They were pointing the finger at CR making him the bad guy in order to divert attention to the fact that they had failed to prevent an altercation and to provide the tape in a timely manner.

I think that BPD knows way more about the story than they are letting us know. Why aren't they letting us know? Because they don't need to. If this was a random abduction, they would be giving the public way more information in order to find that person. But they know it's not a random abduction. ...

How do they know it's not a random abduction? They clearly don't have enough evidence to declare anyone a suspect, or arrest anyone. And even if they suspect it's not a stranger abduction, they could be completely wrong. When Amber Dubois went missing, police suspected her step-father. Turns out it was a stranger abduction.

http://www.wthr.com/story/14886013/...erers-apartment-building?clienttype=printable

I'm reviewing what was said in the press. I hadn't really paid alot of attention to the details of the trespassing aspect since we know (well, I guess we think we know) he was there that night (at this point I sometimes wonder how much of anything we think we know is really accurate and actually confirmed by police. It's starting to blur together).

I'd heard there was a no trespass list that was rather lengthy and not that hard to get your name on. So, if it was just an informal list held by the apartment complex I'd wonder if CR even knew he was on it, and even if he was what power it would really have (or how it would be used) if an apartment dweller invited him in.

But in the article linked above it is referred to as a 'no trespass order'. That would imply to me that the proper legal steps were taken to make this official and he likely would've been informed of the order and even asked by LE to sign a paper acknowledging it.

But all that said, I don't see how it's a factor unless it ties into the confrontation inside Smallwood.

So it's probably more noise muddying the picture than anything.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing that. Smallwood keeps Bloomington police busy no doubt. And to think there are about 700 kids in Smallwood alone.

Didn't LS's parents hire a PI? Or did I imagine that? If they did, do PI's share info with LE?

I'm surprised that many (most?) people seem to make huge jumps between stranger/random abduction and close friends (old and new). Why does the pendulum swing so wildly?

I'm more curious about the "in-betweens": the people we may interact with on a daily (or weekly) basis. The faces we recognize, but perhaps can't put a name to. The "Other Lauren" case being mentioned comes to mind. Not really a friend-friend, but a neighbor and a fellow student.

The cliche, of course, is "the butler did it". I like to ask myself: Who are our modern-day butlers?
:think:

Didn't LS's parents hire a PI? Or did I imagine that? If they did, do PI's share info with LE?

I am sure if PI found out something of value, they would share information with the LE.

If he did, I'm not aware of it. A few weeks ago, he made a statement to the press saying the person who hit his client should be prosected to the fullest extent of the law, or words to that effect. He didn't mention anyone by name, though.
Any lawyer worth anything is not going to let their client be put on a witness stand and questioned under oath at length about a simple assault case when they are a POI in a missing person case.Just goes to show how full of it this lawyer is.

Nobody was going to be "wrongly convicted" of anything if they didn't do anything wrong and just spoke honestly to LE, instead of issuing "statements" IMO. I do not believe wrongful convictions are rampant in this country, and these POI's have not even been named as suspects.

And now they have their lawyers, there is no reason they cannot make an appointment and make themselves fully available to answer questions. Better late than never, IMO.

As an lawyer who knows a lot about criminal law and procedure, I can assure you there are plenty of good reasons why someone would hire a lawyer regardless of their guilt. It is just a smart move and, believe me, there are MANY people who did nothing wrong and came forward to speak to the police and were rewarded by a lot of legal trouble. This is not a comment on anyone's guilt or innocence, just weighing in and saying they should not be judged because they hired lawyers.

As an lawyer who knows a lot about criminal law and procedure, I can assure you there are plenty of good reasons why someone would hire a lawyer regardless of their guilt. It is just a smart move and, believe me, there are MANY people who did nothing wrong and came forward to speak to the police and were rewarded by a lot of legal trouble. This is not a comment on anyone's guilt or innocence, just weighing in and saying they should not be judged because they hired lawyers.

That's all true and noone would argue that point. BUT if you are just a witness on the disappearance of your friend and you have nothing to hide, why would you hire a lawyer? I understand why JW would hire a lawyer, being the boyfriend who is almost always a POI. I may also understand why JR hired a lawyer being the last person with LS. But why would CR hire a lawyer? Does that have anything to do with the claimed "memory loss"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon