IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would propose the tickets for fake ID's are mostly outside the bars because thats when the person is stopped for public intoxication or improper driving, not as part of inspections of bars.
Except the tickets we are talking about are being issued by the excise police.Their primary responsibility is to inspect the bar or any other establishment selling alcohol or tobacco.Not handing out public intoxication tickets or making traffic stops.I bring this up because I am wondering with the type of numbers being talked about in this article how does this place keep its liquor license.Or does the bar not suffer any consequences because the police write the tickets outside the bar.

I've been wondering about the jacket ever since that pic was released.
I'd also like to know if anyone has been able to enhance the picture so that we can more clearly see the little purse or clutch she appears to be carrying.

I think its possible she may have put the jacket on before she disappeared..It was the early morning hours and still a couple of weeks from summer....does anyone know what the temp was that morning between 3-4am?

Its a bit confusing due to the 2-parted aspect of the question, but I believe he is clear in that she did not have a vehicle.

Yes, it is clear he says that. If he means it in a general sense, why doesn't he say "She does not have a car." I just think they are focusing on the specific activities of the evening as it relates to the search and those did not involve driving anywhere.

I think its possible she may have put the jacket on before she disappeared..It was the early morning hours and still a couple of weeks from summer....does anyone know what the temp was that morning between 3-4am?

I'd be surprised given that she was separated from everything that wasn't attached to her person.

Has the story from last year about the sex tape made, allegedly in the bathroom at SPORTS, been discussed?

I've pretty much read all the threads on this case so far and i guess i missed that along the way...Do you think its relevant in any way, or just sensational gossip?

Except the tickets we are talking about are being issued by the excise police.Their primary responsibility is to inspect the bar or any other establishment selling alcohol or tobacco.Not handing out public intoxication tickets or making traffic stops.

Oh I see. Your probably right.

I found an article that may explain the tickets outside the bar.

Travis Thickstun, spokesman for the state alcohol and tobacco commission, said patrolling excise officers seek groups of young-looking people, mostly standing in line outside bars, and focus their enforcement efforts there, or where they have complaints.

I'm still confused at to how it took until day 10 for them to clarify the top she was wearing. They have her in several videos, Smallwood entry/exit, Kilroys entry/exit, alley - how could what she was wearing be given out as a white tank top until June 14th?

I chalk that up to bad writing skills by whomever.

I'm still confused at to how it took until day 10 for them to clarify the top she was wearing. They have her in several videos, Smallwood entry/exit, Kilroys entry/exit, alley - how could what she was wearing be given out as a white tank top until June 14th?

I know, the dectective was telling us about the articles of clothing we were to be looking for. He went on to tell us about her shirt. He said, she was wearing a butterfly shirt, and then hollered over to the the next detective briefing the Spierer's and company to say.....hey - she was wearing a butterfly shirt, right? Then he went on the explain to us exactly what a butterfly shirt looked like. THIS WAS ON FIND LAUREN DAY!!!! I got there at 11:00 a.m., who know's when he started but tons of other search groups had been briefed before ours. It's probably a nit but makes you wonder how "on top" of things they really are. I know they have to be exhausted and I am not dogging them out, but a lot of people here are bringing up good points about the integrity of this investigation.

JMO

I chalk that up to bad writing skills by whomever.

Yeesh, I hope not. Isn't a description of what a missing person is wearing one of the most vital details to get right? Maybe the video they have is of such bad quality that they couldn't correct this until getting the 5th floor Smallwood footage?

Yes, it is clear he says that. If he means it in a general sense, why doesn't he say "She does not have a car." I just think they are focusing on the specific activities of the evening as it relates to the search and those did not involve driving anywhere.

I disagree. I think he is saying she doesn't have a car, and neither some of her friends (I presume he means some POIs).

I've been thinking about this. The ones that come to mind for LS are:

* Smallwood apt. employee
* Fellow IU student or Ivy Tech student or employee (somewhat dependent on which session she enrolled in; Ivy Tech has had recent problems w/creepers)
* Employee of an eatery she may have frequented such as Starbucks or bagel shop
* Sports employee (ID checker probably knows her address)
* Car repairman
* Neighbor
* Someone from the gym

*how about night watchman from the construction site? Anyone look into him? I remember the two people who walked the neighborhood right around dark and noticed someone watching them from above at the site...jmho

I haven't been writing for awhile, BUT, I'm wondering about the construction that was going on around 5 North Townhouses, did LE check that place within the first 48 hours after Lauren went missing? We now have confirmation that dumpsters and landfills were checked, what about those construction areas around where Lauren had to walk that night? I would like LE to confirm that those were also checked. If any LE are tuned in, please verify this for us, thank you.

It would be interesting to know if the purse which contained her keys was large enough to be intended to hold her cellphone as well. If so, did she remove her phone at the bar to use it and never replace it. Otherwise, how was she carrying her cellphone in pocketless pants? Was the cellphone in a pocket of the unaccounted -for wrap?

I've pretty much read all the threads on this case so far and i guess i missed that along the way...Do you think its relevant in any way, or just sensational gossip?

It's just the way things are so hidden. At no time have I heard about this -- til now. With all the SPORTS coverage -- u would think there may have been a mention of this somewhere. No it has nothing to do with Lauren. But it says something about what goes on inside SPORTS.

It would be interesting to know if the purse which contained her keys was large enough to be intended to hold her cellphone as well. If so, did she remove her phone at the bar to use it and never replace it. Otherwise, how was she carrying her cellphone in pocketless pants? Was the cellphone in a pocket of the unaccounted -for wrap?

She had a jacket so maybe she carried the cell phone in the pocket of her jacket. We've never been told where that jacket ended up, but it can be seen in the photo of her released by LE.

One of the people who has been discussed here works in construction, and so does one of his roommates.

Hi Jupiter am still trying to get caught up from early, early this morning.. Just came to your post about the cascades park.. Followed your link to thoroughly read about it's location as well as it's size. And multiple, different types and large sized areas of interest and/or entertainment contained there at the newly 2006 renovated park..

Did you learn either way if this had been searched by public or LE or both at anytime since Lauren's disappearance?? Just wondering.. As at this point we are just literally searching for teeny-tiny Lauren as the tiniest of needles in overwhelming in sized haystacks...

**just an afterthought.. In reading about this park is there an actual waterfall in an area of the park that feeds into a large, usually fast moving stream of some type??.. Just wondering if infact an actual waterfall or just more of a man-made type of water feature of an area of the park??

TIA..

I googled wristlet: I don't know how to attach pics, so I'll include the link. Hope that's ok?!
Wristlets are perfect for college
After a few days, I learned that the MUST HAVE PURSES for college girls are wristlets.

I discovered the magic of wristlets when I realized toting around my purse was just not worth it. When you think about it, it really makes sense to carry a wristlet instead of a regular handbag. Here are a few reasons why:

The weights of textbooks seem to have magically doubled from high school to college. Who wants to carry around a 50 pound bag filled with everything but the kitchen sink (which was how I used to keep my purse filled) on top of your textbooks and papers?
Once classes are over with, there is still a lot of walking to be done! A 50 pound bag is not your friend in this situation.
When going out at night, the parties are usually cramped. Let’s just say the girl with the bag that takes up half the room is never a crowd favorite.

http://www.collegefashion.net/shopping/its-all-in-the-wrist-wristlet-purses-for-college-girls/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52