GUILTY NY - Leiby Kletzky, 8, Brooklyn, 11 July 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is where I read that rumor about the family knowing the perp:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4095163,00.html

However, they report it AS rumor.

Excerpt:

Aron was a familiar face around the neighborhood's tightly knit Orthodox Jewish community.

"I prayed with him on several occasions… There were all sorts of rumors about him," said Israel Farkash, an Israeli expat living in the Brooklyn community. "Some of the rumors claimed he had a criminal record linked to sexual offences."

Aron's co-workers were also shocked to learn the news. "He was a strange guy but he was here yesterday acting normal, as if he didn't murder that little boy," remarked a co-worker.

She said she filed an order of protection against him at the time of their divorce on the recommendation of her new boyfriend. "At the time he was so hysterical about getting a divorce. He didn't want a divorce," she said of Levi.

She said Levi injured his head when he was hit by a car while riding his bike at the age of 9 and suffered problems stemming from that accident.

She said the crime Levi is accused of is "totally out of character." However, she also said she would not help him find a lawyer or help him in any way.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/8-year-old-brooklyn-1013655.html

I only know of one other person who went on with their life shortly after they murdered.

Well, really, how would we know how many do? Look at all of the unsolved murders and disappearances...

Aron's co-workers were also shocked to learn the news. "He was a strange guy but he was here yesterday acting normal, as if he didn't murder that little boy," remarked a co-worker.

Sadly, I don't believe Leibby was murdered Monday. I believe he was held captive in that apartment all day Tuesday while AL was at work.

Warning graphic:

...and it wasn't until Tuesday evening when AL saw the enormous search he murdered, dismembered and disposed of Leiby. The ME will be able to determine time of death and I believe it will be less than 12 hours from the time he was found.

I'm not blaming the public. I'm just saying in general people are so busy with their lives we need to as a society keep our eyes and ears open for those who may become victims. We need to get past the it's someone else's problem, someone else will take care of it. What are the odds a lost child in a community of how many million becomes the target of one sicko at a busy intersection in the middle of rush hour traffic?

All of us here at WS know stranger abduction is far rarer than a child being abused by someone they know. So, we NEED to as a society ensure our youngest and weakest are not ignored allowing the odds for stranger abduction to increase. Not just to predators like LA, but to all types of crimes or accidents those who are weakest in society may encounter.

JMO respectfully (not venting at you n/t, venting in general. )

bbm... Cubby, exactly my point. What are the odds that this was a coincidence? It wasn't, imo. Leiby was stalked and from a previous report, some of the boys from the same camp were offered car rides from this guy. Sadly, Leiby for whatever reason trusted him and was lured right into the house of the devil. It's very frightening.

Frankly, I don't believe anything this guy says. I don't think Leiby was lost. I'm convinced he was lured. This guy may have told him his parents sent him to pick him up or some other ruse. We've seen it happen way too many times. :(

Well, really, how would we know how many do? Look at all of the unsolved murders and disappearances...

If you read my post, I said "I" know of only one other case. There may be others that I don't know about.....yet.

If you read my post, I said "I" know of only one other case. There may be others that I don't know about.....yet.

No I know...wasn't being snarky...I understand who you are referring to, I just got to thinking about all of the other cases I follow and I bet some of those perps are living their lives just fine...

No I know...wasn't being snarky...I understand who you are referring to, I just got to thinking about all of the other cases I follow and I bet some of those perps are living their lives just fine...

No doubt. I can think of a few but don't have the proof so will refrain from posting my thoughts.

How absolutely horrible. I cannot even imagine what Leiby's family must be going through right now. The only positive thing to come out of this is that the person who most likely perpetrated this disgusting crime is now in custody. I hope that they have enough evidence to keep this locked up for the rest of his life. A monster like that would have only gone on to harm more children and sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if he's abused others or even killed in the past.

bbm... Cubby, exactly my point. What are the odds that this was a coincidence? It wasn't, imo. Leiby was stalked and from a previous report, some of the boys from the same camp were offered car rides from this guy. Sadly, Leiby for whatever reason trusted him and was lured right into the house of the devil. It's very frightening.

Frankly, I don't believe anything this guy says. I don't think Leiby was lost. I'm convinced he was lured. This guy may have told him his parents sent him to pick him up or some other ruse. We've seen it happen way too many times. :(

LE has stated that this was a random abduction. LA may have been a predator lurking the day camp, but until LE comes up with conclusive non disputable evidence Leiby had prior contact with LA, this classifies as a random stranger abduction. IOW, LA was not someone who had preyed upon Leiby and infiltrated himself as a trusted friend of the family like so many predators of children do.

Leiby's father did mention in early MSM his son was extremely trusting of everyone, stranger or not. Was very obedient and would have followed instructions given to him by someone known or unknown to him.

We'll see as more and more details come out in the coming days. This is not a story that is going to disappear overnight.

Respectfully,
Cubby

No doubt. I can think of a few but don't have the proof so will refrain from posting my thoughts.

My thoughts exactly. There is a big difference between knowing who done it and being able to prove it in a court of law.

I do find some comfort knowing LE will have an iron clad case when it comes to prosecuting Levi Aron and ensuring a conviction. I'm praying the sorry pleads guilty and saves the tax payers of NY and the members of this community any more harm. We can hope.

I am feeling a very deep sadness for this little guy. Beyond belief.........:banghead:

I wonder how this case will wind up -- a "not guilty" because the murderer is mentally incompetent?

What is a child's life worth in this country...

"At the same time, investigators are looking into a recent account where Aron may have approached another boy and tried to lure him inside his car."

"Cops said Aron, who works as a clerk at the Empire State Supply Co. hardware store on McDonald Avenue in Kensington, allegedly suffocated the boy with a bathroom towel before chopping him up. Kelly said they also found three knives in a butcher block inside Aron's apartment."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...oy_found_SsxgaRkRSOXDdtevuPT2XP#ixzz1S270gVbR

I saw this briefly covered on the news today.. It broke what heart I had left. I see that the accused went to work "as nothing was wrong" It is odd how people can seem to do that these days.. act as if nothing happened...

One more child taken too soon. My heart aches. My eyes just are full of tears for all the children that are taken from us and in such a horrific way.

Interesting blog article where a forensic psychologist suggests that AL may have kept portions of Leiby's remains in his refridgerator to possibly be used for gratification at another time.

She also doesn't buy his line that he killed the boy after learning of the tremendous search and panicking. Leading me to believe perhaps I was wrong thinking the boy was alive on Tuesday while AL was at work.

http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.812039/what-s-in-the-mind-of-a-child-killer-1.3023778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57