GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The photos of Lauren's apartment post-investigation are so incredibly sad, with the smears of finger print dust appearing in wisps all over the walls near the windows and doors like the clawing of a desperate ghost...

I pray they figure out who did this to her and have ample evidence to convict. No one has the right to arbitrarily maim so many lives with such brutality. My thoughts are with her family, my thoughts are with Lauren.

I so agree....I saw these pictures and they made me super sad.

You're right but I just wanted to add that there was also a delay since Stephen's attorney filed the "conflict of interest" motion. And I don't know if this is relevant as to why the bond hearing was not scheduled for the end of last week....but I do know that Judge Self, along with other Bibb Co. Superior Court judges were out of town at their annual summer conference last Wenesday/Thurs/Fri. I'm not sure if this will always stick with Judge Self since he was assigned to hear the previous motion or if any other Bibb judges with a lighter caseload may preside over the bond hearing and/or subsequent burglary trial (if there is one).

I know some people are asking why he is still sitting in jail....it's possible that law enforcement is doing a little bit of "stalling" so see if any kind of smoking gun surfaces in regard to the murder investigation. However, I think it's more likely that there has just been a perfect storm of reasons that his bond hearing has been delayed. He COULD sit in jail for up to 90 days on those charges.

<emphasis mine>

Somehow I am thinking I read somewhere that Judge Martha Christian will preside over the bond hearing if it goes forward Thursday -- but can't remember the source on that right off, so not sure.

Isn't Chief Burns meeting with the DA tomorrow? I thought I read somewhere in an article about another press conference set for Wednesday.
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/article/137276/153/Chief-Debunks-Rampant-Rumors-in-Giddings-Case
Asked if police are closer to an arrest in the case, Burns did not answer directly but said investigators expect to meet next week with Bibb County District Attorney Greg Winters. He said police may hold another news conference on Monday or Tuesday, after that meeting.

I thought he was meeting with the DA yesterday, could be wrong. The press conference is a whole other thing. I haven't seen when that is.

I can tell you are a nurse. Most people don't work on Sunday. LOL I think the meeting was today. Aug 1

I thought he was meeting with the DA yesterday, could be wrong. The press conference is a whole other thing. I haven't seen when that is.

Found article:

Doesn't really say when, just "early."

Yeah, I quickly watched the end of the presser from the 27th, and he said "first of the week." Whatever that means.

I can tell you are a nurse. Most people don't work on Sunday. LOL I think the meeting was today. Aug 1

lol! Not a nurse, but I do work in the ER. Mental health evals! YIKES!
I thought today was Tuesday. Yay! It wasn't. I have another day off. :great:

I guess it was today. Hope we hear something tomorrow.

I still feel like they're stalling, which worries me.
Every extra day they can give the FBI is one more opportunity to be that much more assured they're making the right call.

Police, DA set meeting on Giddings
By AMY LEIGH WOMACK and JOE KOVAC JR. - Telegraph Staff

As Lauren Giddings’ family plans for her funeral this week, Macon police are scheduled to meet with the district attorney Tuesday to discuss all they know about the slaying of the Mercer University law school graduate.

Giddings’ torso was discovered June 30 wrapped in plastic in a garbage bin beside her Georgia Avenue apartment building. The 27-year-old Maryland native’s torso was released to her family for cremation last week.
Lauren Giddings

The FBI is analyzing more than 200 pieces of evidence collected during the investigation, including evidence from a sexual assault kit. Police collect evidence on the possibility of rape in every homicide involving a woman, said Jami Gaudet, a Macon police spokeswoman.

Read more:
http://www.macon.com/2011/08/02/1651895/police-da-set-meeting-on-giddings.html

The statement was:

It didn't say "before she was missing." It said "during the time she was missing." While they may have been gone, the newspaper reported it as a direct quote from the landlord. Officially may not be the right word, but I meant not on a blog or someone's individual point of view. Something verifiable is what I meant. That verbalizes a big hole in a lot of theories. You can guess that it meant one thing, but it is stated as another.

As for them being named as POI, LE has not named many of them. And SM is not in jail for this crime at this point. If he is named as the main suspect, or even charged with this crime, this subject will haunt the prosecution if the body was in the refrigerator at all. By narrowing down the facts now, we will be ahead of the curve.

I am not trying to start WWIII. I am trying to nail down facts over rumors. At this point, we are stuck at rumor on where these residents were during the critical days before her body was discovered.

Regarding the bold for my emphasis:
Don't you mean LE has not named ANY of them?
Please provide the name of any POI's that LE has named, because I only know of one: McD.

I still feel like they're stalling, which worries me.
Every extra day they can give the FBI is one more opportunity to be that much more assured they're making the right call.

I'm concerned too. Just seems like if they had enough evidence LE would have had a press conference and released enough info to calm the public. It's difficult to believe that she could have been dismembered in those apartments without the FBI finding lots of forensics. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

In NC search warrants are released to the public after an arrest. Is that the case in GA?

Police, DA set meeting on Giddings
By AMY LEIGH WOMACK and JOE KOVAC JR. - Telegraph Staff

As Lauren Giddings’ family plans for her funeral this week, Macon police are scheduled to meet with the district attorney Tuesday to discuss all they know about the slaying of the Mercer University law school graduate.

Giddings’ torso was discovered June 30 wrapped in plastic in a garbage bin beside her Georgia Avenue apartment building. The 27-year-old Maryland native’s torso was released to her family for cremation last week.
Lauren Giddings

The FBI is analyzing more than 200 pieces of evidence collected during the investigation, including evidence from a sexual assault kit. Police collect evidence on the possibility of rape in every homicide involving a woman, said Jami Gaudet, a Macon police spokeswoman.

Read more:
http://www.macon.com/2011/08/02/1651895/police-da-set-meeting-on-giddings.html

Very interesting article -- thanks, McMunn!

Very interesting article -- thanks, McMunn!

You're welcome! I'm starting to learn that Macon.com usually runs a new article on the Giddings case right around midnight, if they're going to run one.

Regarding the bold for my emphasis:
Don't you mean LE has not named ANY of them?
Please provide the name of any POI's that LE has named, because I only know of one: McD.

I meant any of the other ones. They have said there is more than one over and over. Only one has been named, and I think it is because he is in jail for something else. If he weren't in jail, I think no names would have been reported.

Still hoping to hear more tomorrow! One way or another. I want him charged or I want to hear he is innocent. Either way. One way would relieve fears and stress, the other may create panic, but at least we will know something.

I watched the FOX News interview and I'm pretty sure Kaitlyn said LG did say in the email that she was afraid due to the attempted break in. I can't find a transcript. Has anyone else seen the transcript? This seems like a real contradiction.

Wheeler, in a Monday e-mail to The Telegraph, wrote that the exact wording of Giddings&#8217; final e-mail is &#8220;not something we will be sharing&#8221; now.

Wheeler, during the &#8220;NewsTalk Central&#8221; interview Monday, did, however, say that her sister, as has been speculated, had not expressed any concerns for her safety at the apartments.

&#8220;And she didn&#8217;t say that in the e-mail either,&#8221; Wheeler said.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/02/1651895/police-da-set-meeting-on-giddings.html#ixzz1TtwFJhL4

This is so upsetting.

I truly thought LE had recovered the rest of Lauren's remains, and just never released the information.

How absolutely devastating. :(

Wondergirl,
I thought the same as you: LE had found more, but were not disclosing the info. I thought that the downstairs frig may have contained some parts.
Another reason I thought parts had been recovered, was when Chief Burns was asked at a press conf if more parts had been recovered, I think I recall him refraining from comment.
So sad if no other parts have been found. However, this is not over with yet. Maybe they will be found. I pray so for the sake of Lauren's family.

I think the difference is in tone. You can state something scared you, but it doesn't mean you are terrified for a long time. I won't give the examples again, here, but they are back in this thread.

Think about when you are telling a friend about something that freaked you out at your own home. How would you tell it? We are talking about a momentary fear, not terrified to open your door for the next 6 months fear.

Hey y'all -- it's OK to post a rumor, isn't it, as long as you say it's a rumor??

I heard one that I'm interested to know if anyone else has heard, maybe even a more detailed version of it...but don't want to go out of bounds.

I was thinking about the downstairs neighbor. He could have an airtight alibi, like he was getting married the week before and then on his honeymoon the week Lauren was found. I don't know anything, I just know that there is such thing as an airtight alibi....or maybe he is a solid POI. Who knows....I just want to know now!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled