ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if that means after she was missing. ???????????

Very definitely. She was reported missing, her family was notified and then her mother (and perhaps other family members) arrived in Aruba. He was going to leave the day after her mother arrived, so her mother arrived on August 4.

With each passing day the likelihood of finding her body goes down. It would seem the only way of determining what really happened is to get a confession.

If he didn't plan on killing her, but accidentally did so during aggressive sex, what would he be charged with under Aruba law and what would his likely sentence be?

I don't know
Was it consensual?

I can't imagine anyone would be able to determine whether they had aggressive sex against her wishes unless the photos can prove that

If two adults enjoy rough sex and someone gets hurt or dies,has a crime been committed?

If it was rape, i don't know how it could be proven

Very definitely. She was reported missing, her family was notified and then her mother (and perhaps other family members) arrived in Aruba. He was going to leave the day after her mother arrived, so her mother arrived on August 4.

Dang you're fast Otto LOL, I keep chiming in right behind you :seeya:

With each passing day the likelihood of finding her body goes down. It would seem the only way of determining what really happened is to get a confession.

If he didn't plan on killing her, but accidentally did so during aggressive sex, what would he be charged with under Aruba law and what would his likely sentence be?

I have read soooooooooooooooooooo much about coerced confessions, that I can only say that I hope he sticks to the facts. He can be interrogated for up to 6 hours per day each day without the benefit of a lawyer.

No reports about clothes or snorkeling equipment ... but the contents of his car have not been reported. Since the first photos of him on the beach have him wearing swim trunks and running shoes and the later ones have him dressed in shirt and pants, it's quite likely that they both had a change of clothes in the car.

Did they rent the snorkelling equipment from the Dive Shop? Isn't equipment usually rented by the hour? Wouldn't someone from the shop have gone looking for them if they hadn't returned in two hours?

I have read soooooooooooooooooooo much about coerced confessions, that I can only say that I hope he sticks to the facts. He can be interrogated for up to 6 hours per day each day without the benefit of a lawyer.

I would hope he sticks to the facts as well. Right now his attorney has probably told him that he has a good chance of being released in a couple weeks if no new evidence is found. I imagine he is just hoping her body isn't found and to keep to his original story.

Did they rent the snorkelling equipment from the Dive Shop? Isn't equipment usually rented by the hour? Wouldn't someone from the shop have gone looking for them if they hadn't returned in two hours?

OK, let me see if I can beat Otto with this answer. I read (on WS) he had his own equipment. I doubt very much if the shop would come looking for the equipment, especially snorkeling equipment. They have a cc number so they would just charge it to the card.

OK, let me see if I can beat Otto with this answer. I read (on WS) he had his own equipment. I doubt very much if the shop would come looking for the equipment, especially snorkeling equipment. They have a cc number so they would just charge it to the card.

I saw on Ebay were he has bought/sold snorkeling stuff

I agree, if equipment wasn't returned it would be charged to the credit card, but after all of the press, i would be surprised if the shop didn't speak to the police

I agree, if equipment wasn't returned it would be charged to the credit card, but after all of the press, i would be surprised if the shop didn't speak to the police

Wasn't it reported that they were at the shop but they didn't rent any gear?

Wasn't it reported that they were at the shop but they didn't rent any gear?

I honestly don't know
Is that the same place they had lunch< the Dive shop?

Hard to keep up!!

I saw on Ebay were he has bought/sold snorkeling stuff

So, maybe he could have brought equipment for Robyn to use too. Masks & snorkels are pretty much one size unless you get into custom masks. The fins of course, you need to be the proper size.

I don't know
Was it consensual?

I can't imagine anyone would be able to determine whether they had aggressive sex against her wishes unless the photos can prove that

If two adults enjoy rough sex and someone gets hurt or dies,has a crime been committed?If it was rape, i don't know how it could be proven

My bolding

I don't know about Aruba but there was the Chambers case, nicknamed the preppy murder, he was charged with murder but gave a rough sex defense and wound up pleading to manslaughter, I don't remember how long he wound up serving.

I don't know how it will be proven either now, even if they find her body. Photos that show only certain body parts won't. And he looks like he's covered all his bases. Can you prove beyond any doubt that she was or wasn't drugged from a photo?

She unfortunately isn't here to defend herself either, defend herself against him or strangers out there judging her character, looks like GG just has to say that she wanted it all and he's home free.

Unless the insurance policy shows him as a beneficiary? Or if they do find a body and it shows signs of murder, like strangulation?
Or a combination of circumstantial evidence pointing to his guilt?
Or he breaks down and confesses, but that's probably not going to happen.

Robert Chambers was sentenced to 15 years for Jennifer Levin's death. I am hoping that if GVG somehow is not charged with RG's death, there are some super incriminating things on the items seized from his Maryland home for possible other crimes.

He has victimized enough women. Scum like GVG deserve to be put away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01