IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we ever figure out whether or not Salzmann's camera's would've even caught LS on tape if she did walk by? Last I remember someone had said they were pointing at the parking lot and neither the near nor far sidewalks would've been in their view.

I thought Btown or one of the other local posters said that many threads ago.

so.. the FB LSCS page has a complete c/p of Tr's report about the HT/AB sighting at the state fair. I guess LA-S finds it perfectly acceptable to take info from this forum and post it over there. That just seems wrong to me.

I just checked out that Facebook and wow...I really appreciate Websleuths every time I go elsewhere.

HT said she spoke to JR. JR has denied neither that nor having been the last person to see her, which also comes from Salzmann, and I believe LE has confirmed that fact as well. HT did not become fb friends with ZO until after LS's disappearance.

In reality, do we really KNOW what JR has denied? I don't recall any of his statements being made public. And while LE has allowed the public to "go with" the HT version of events... hmmmm.. it just has me thinking..

I thought Lauren's location went without saying. Factual truths are unrealistic, but many do take "sources" as 100% the truth which, to my naturally cynical nature, is difficult for me to do. When you cut down to what we know or what we have heard directly from a POI (NOT HT) what we do know for sure is frighteningly little. Pretty much everything seems to come from HT's second or third hand relating of the story or the plentiful "insider sources" that have popped up surrounding the case.
I would agree and like to add for all the criticism leveled at HT her story of the nights events probable did more than anything else to get people interested in this case which keeps LS story on the front page which keeps pressure on LE to expend the resources to solve the case.Also by letting her name and relationship with LS be used (something she is paying the price for now) instead of remaining an anonymous source led credibility to her story.I can not help but think she probable did more to help LS be found than any other of her friends.

In reality, do we really KNOW what JR has denied? I don't recall any of his statements being made public. And while LE has allowed the public to "go with" the HT version of events... hmmmm.. it just has me thinking..

Police have confirmed that a witness tells them he saw LS leave 5 North at 4:30AM. CR's lawyer says that person isn't CR, but JR. That statement would not have been made, or would have been corrected by now, if it weren't true.

Well, going by what folks on here have told me the past few days ZO/AB are besties, AB and JR are friends, and JR and CR are friends too so that would be one possible connection between the two groups.

I do have to say I think there is more to the story than someone waiting for and then beating up CR because LS said something at a bar.

TG stated that AB and JR were at the same party, but I could never spot JR in the video. Also, one doesn't necessarily know everyone else at a party.

I agree with you that there must be more than just LS talking at a bar as the reason for the fight. It could have been that ZO was upset that CR had LS out in public while she (and he) were on whatever.

I think the drug reason is more plausible than the "friend of the boyfriend." There just isn't any logical connection between ZO and JW.

[ame="http://video.foxnews.com/v/1125549163001/what-do-lauren-spierers-friends-know/"]Fox News[/ame]

But JW's friends were the first to insist the fight happened, after it was first reported - then denied - in the media. And the rumors that the altercation had to do with protecting Lauren from CR also came from people who identified themselves as JW's friends.

There may be more to the story, but what they said seems plausible to me: Concerned/protective/ angry/ drunk (or all of the above) friends of JW see Lauren out with another guy, messed up and possibly being taken advantage of. They confront them at Lauren's, trying to prevent them from going home together.

Vs. the ZO/ drug theory:

- Why would ZO be angry with CR for "letting Lauren talk" about drugs?
- And if that was behind the fight, why would JW's friends jump in and cover for ZO?

If ZO is the provider of the candy, especially if it is a new flavor that hasn't been around Bloomington before, he might not want everyone knowing about it, including someone lurking, trying to figure out who the suppliers are.

I don't think the person who said "friends of the boyfriend" was a friend of the boyfriend, unless it was HT, who does not like CR, and who, apparently, is friends with ZO. And this fight did occur on the 5th floor of SW, where DB, HT and LS lived.

It could have been AB, ZO's sidekick, who said ZO was a friend of the boyfriend and CR was being inappropriate. That certainly deflects the attention of LE and MSM away from ZO and his candy.

...as they walked away from the tent he put his arm around her waist and she immediately moved away and walked beside him at arms length..thought that was peculiar.

So, HT has a temper?

Furthermore, the fact that she was recognized in the company of AB is probably what she was most upset about. I wouldn't be surprised if they both know a great deal about what happened to Lauren - perhaps not specifically where she is, but I wouldn't put it past either of them to have a pretty good idea of what happened - and have found comfort in each other being that there are few other people with whom either of them can speak freely regarding the events of June 3rd.

Clearly being spotted together is an indication of companionship that has been largely undocumented. Keeping this friendship under wraps is a pretty good explanation for their lack of Facebook friendship.

Bingo. HT was angry at AB for confirming Tr.'s suspicions about her identity. Not quite sure why she would then yell his name, but I like the way you are thinking, sv614.

There is no honor among drug dealers so I guess what is bugging me is everyone assuming the conflict was 100% about Lauren. To me, it makes more sense that the issue was with something CR did (whether steal drugs, not pay for them, or a plethora of other reasons).
I may be wrong, but it has been a nagging conflict in my ability to believe that ZO and his friends jumped CR just because Lauren talked about drugs at Kilroys. I guess I am also trusting the LE's word that the conflict did not involve Lauren though so maybe they are misrepresenting what happened?

so.. the FB LSCS page has a complete c/p of Tr's report about the HT/AB sighting at the state fair. I guess LA-S finds it perfectly acceptable to take info from this forum and post it over there. That just seems wrong to me.

I will not look. They will have a field day with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
copella