George and Cindy in NC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Anthony family did not have to "shop for interviews" to overexpose themselves. Please don't use semantics to pretend they tried to be meek. As Gnatcatcher said (thank you Gnat!) just go to youtube. The Anthony family has been pumping for their own advantage for three years now. No wonder the public is riled up enough to (oh my gosh!) take pictures of them shopping in a mall.

Poo.

O My My My!
Take 'permanent' vacation on tax payers money? Oh Boy :banghead:!
I worked hard all of my life too and am disabled but I will have to 'hire' an attorney to help me with my claim. It's very hard to get disability if your an average person. I can also assure you I still wouldn't be able to vacation on it as I need it for the basics of daily living.

As you say, it's very difficult to get disability. Obviously IF Cindy is still collecting, she didn't get it handed to her. The vacation everyone is so jealous of was a gift to the A's from a friend, to help them recover from the stress of the trial. There is nothing wrong with friends supporting each other. Obviously the people who actually KNOW Cindy and George personally feel they're deserving.

As much as I haul behind to this forum for the latest information and inside scoop, I usually research for myself if sources aren't provided and I have never seen a single source to support the A's "shopping for interviews" and being turned down due to what they were charging. IMO posters on forums can say pretty much anything they want to, but it doesn't make it all true.

I don't know how accommodating I would be if hordes of people were yelling "baby killer" in my front yard - what did they want, Casey's head on a platter. Those people crossed and got what they should have expected...IMO.

Exactly. I don't see a problem with the A's so much as I see a problem with some members of the public who have intentionally injected themselves into this case by acting/protesting for the TV cameras mounted on poles watching the A's home at all times day and night because the PUBLIC wanted to see them. This case has shown me a side of human nature that I find disturbing, to put it mildly. It's like the Salem witch trials all over again. I though we'd grown since then.

The Anthony family did not have to "shop for interviews" to overexpose themselves. Please don't use semantics to pretend they tried to be meek. As Gnatcatcher said (thank you Gnat!) just go to youtube. The Anthony family has been pumping for their own advantage for three years now. No wonder the public is riled up enough to (oh my gosh!) take pictures of them shopping in a mall.

Poo.

I wonder if these people who chased George and Cindy all around the mall with cameras are the same people who complain that they're 'done' with the A's and never want to see or hear from them again. The A's should carry a camera around and take pictures of these camera-snapping strangers to put in a book. I'd buy that one, just to see the faces of the busybodies when the tables were turned on them.

O My My My!
Take 'permanent' vacation on tax payers money? Oh Boy :banghead:!
I worked hard all of my life too and am disabled but I will have to 'hire' an attorney to help me with my claim. It's very hard to get disability if your an average person. I can also assure you I still wouldn't be able to vacation on it as I need it for the basics of daily living.

Do you have a source? Does anyone have a source - I've asked a dozen times for a source that the Anthony's are on disability and none has been provided.

You don't need an attorney to get disability, but you have to apply and follow up more than once. A good friend of mine has cancer and they denied her the first time - the representative she spoke to the third time told her no one gets approved the first time they apply, and then she was approved with retroactive benefits from her initial clam. Keep trying, it's there for everyone, you just have to be diligent.

I wonder if these people who chased George and Cindy all around the mall with cameras are the same people who complain that they're 'done' with the A's and never want to see or hear from them again. The A's should carry a camera around and take pictures of these camera-snapping strangers to put in a book. I'd buy that one, just to see the faces of the busybodies when the tables were turned on them.
:rocker: I'd buy that book!

All I want to add at this point is if George and Cindy really do not wish to be recognized and photographed while shopping in NC or any other state, I doubt they would go on a nationally syndicated show at this time.MOO.

LE will always tell you under these types of circumstances and GA knew this as well, that you have to leave these people be, ignore them and they will lose interest and go home. What they want is a confrontation and the A's were very accommodating. The A's did not listen, surprise, surprise. jmo

Pretty much the same thing I was told about bullies in school - just ignore them and they will lose interest and go away. I listened to that reasoning but my ignoring them didn't make them go away. I should have sprayed the beeotches with a hose.

LE should have protected the peace, as is their job to do. Telling the A's to ignore the hordes is just police laziness. How ridiculous, no wonder the A's were so incensed.

BBM... People chased them all around a mall???? I only saw TWO pictures taken inside a store and George and Cindy weren't even in either of the shots together.. They were SEPARATE. Have any other photos surfaced that have BOTH George and Cindy in the same photo? If they were "chased" as you say, there have to be more images beyond the 2 blurry ones of them behind clothes racks. Where are they?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if George and Cindy took pictures of each other and then called security themselves.. Just to stir things up.. Perhaps their daughter needed a diversion or something..

As you say, it's very difficult to get disability. Obviously IF Cindy is still collecting, she didn't get it handed to her. The vacation everyone is so jealous of was a gift to the A's from a friend, to help them recover from the stress of the trial. There is nothing wrong with friends supporting each other. Obviously the people who actually KNOW Cindy and George personally feel they're deserving.
Oh, Chilly Willy. You are the only defender of Cindy and George that hold any credit with me (not that has import but to you and me). You make my brain try to think of why my gut feelings about them are wrong. I always feel the other are trying to incite me rather than making real points.
But I can take this post and try to analyze it, piece by piece.
1. I'm not even sure if Cindy is getting disability. It has not been fully verified that she is still collecting. If, in fact, she is collecting, does not necessarily mean that she is legally collecting, which your post implies. And I know you realize there are countless citizens who qualify and are denied.
2. I doubt there are many, with the prerequisite qualifications, that are "jealous" of the gift of the vacation. Jealous was the wrong word. Not many have the prerequisite qualifications you attributed to Cindy and George, but even those who don't aren't "jealous." I think the perception may be that Cindy and George were in some way rewarded for their complicity in finding their daughter not guilty. Even "friends," imo, who do not realize this are more being taken for a ride and more innocent than my poor unicorn and I am.
Simply because those people (and you, I guess) think they ""KNOW" them does not necessarily mean they do. (Think how many people thought they KNEW their ex-spouses.)
Oh, and ps ~ "stress of a trial?" ~ I understand it was poor wording, but stress of losing Caylee should always be foremost; the trial was nothing compared to that.

Seems to me they need to recover from the stress of fibbing and abandoning JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE. JMHO

So nice they have friends that reward them (with gifts) for bad behavior - afterall that is how they roll -----> ask KC. Again, JMHO!

Dorothy Simms is a disability lawyer!!!!!! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

At the end of the home depot clip, it looks as if Cindy IS taking pictures of the reporters. Sure doesn't appear that they want this publicity - Cindy does NOT look amused.

Oh, Chilly Willy. You are the only defender of Cindy and George that hold any credit with me (not that has import but to you and me). You make my brain try to think of why my gut feelings about them are wrong.
But I can take this post and try to analyze it, piece by piece.
1. I'm not even sure if Cindy is getting disability. It has not been fully verified that she is still collecting. If, in fact, she is collecting, does not necessarily mean that she is legally collecting, which your post implies. And I know you realize there are countless citizens who qualify and are denied.
2. I doubt there are many, with the prerequisite qualifications, that are "jealous" of the gift of the vacation. Jealous was the wrong word. Not many have the prerequisite qualifications you attributed to Cindy and George, but even those who don't aren't "jealous." I think the perception may be that Cindy and George were in some way rewarded for their complicity in finding their daughter not guilty. Even "friends," imo, who do not realize this are more being taken for a ride and more innocent than my poor unicorn and I am.
Simply because those people (and you, I guess) think they ""KNOW" them does not necessarily mean they do. (Think how many people thought they KNEW their ex-spouses.)
Oh, and ps ~ "stress of a trial?" ~ I understand it was poor wording, but stress of losing Caylee should always be foremost; the trial was nothing compared to that.

I'm not sure exactly how a person could go about illegally collecting disability. There's not some guy in a long fur trimmed coat standing on the street corner passing out disability checks in Florida, is there? If so, I'm on my way. I totally agree, it has not been confirmed in any way that Cindy is collecting disability - but that fact hasn't prevented the thousands of posts attacking her for abusing it. It is a known fact that disability is not easy to get. Someone in the public eye who is watched and tattled on constantly would have an even more difficult time getting it without irrefutable proof of eligibility.

The way I see it, I can be all perclempt over George and Cindy taking a few days for themselves to escape the madness, or I can just not care what they do so long as it doesn't affect me. People take trips. George and Cindy are people. Ergo, George and Cindy take trips. So?

If people are not jealous of the vacations and "perks" George and Cindy have been getting, they sure are doing a great job pretending to be. I read a lot of, "I don't get to go on vacation.....I don't get to drive a new car.....I don't accessorize (that one kills me :floorlaugh:). It sure sounds like jealousy. Or maybe it's just that people want George and Cindy to suffer horribly, never know a happy moment, and live like paupers because what their daughter has done. I'd rather believe it's jealousy.

You assume that any friends of George and Cindy are victimized by them. Why? I assume that anyone who personally knows George and Cindy, as opposed to strangers who unfairly judge, twist, and criticize their every sneeze, has a fair idea of who they are. (Think how many people DO truly know their spouses). I do not in any way think I "know" George and Cindy - which is why I don't judge them so harshly. I do know that people under intense stress and pressure can make mistakes. Throw in some grief and unreasonable, unrelenting hatred from the public - it's no wonder to me at all that the A's have become defensive and combative. They're being attacked on all fronts while also trying to learn to accept the horrible truth that their very own daughter committed the crime of taking their beloved grandchild's life. It's amazing they've survived it, IMO. There is a reason Cindy did qualify for disability at some point - I assume it would be because of emotional issues resulting from Caylee's death. Why do we attack a woman with emotional issues for displaying symptoms of her illness? I'm glad no one blamed me for coughing when I was in ICU all last week with pneumonia and atrial fibrillation.

"Stress of a trial" is exactly the words I meant to use. Obviously Caylee's death was MORE stressful, but that doesn't take away from the stress of the trial, it adds to it. It's all one big package. Unfortunately, there is no cosmic law that limits stressful incidents to one per person.

Thank you for the compliment. Even if we don't agree, it's nice that we can respect and fairly consider each other's opinions.

Dorothy Simms is a disability lawyer!!!!!! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I'll ask again, and hope, since it is stated as fact over and over again, someone will post the source that verifies Cindy Anthony is on disability. Otherwise, IMO, it should stop being stated as fact.

BEM I'll bet this is exactly what happened, it's the only thing that makes sense. They took each other's picture and then called security so Casey could shop elsewhere, or probably shoplift...that sounds more like this merry band of thieves to me - just like the roving Gypsies in the flea markets. The kids create a diversion while the mom and dad get the goods.

Brilliant deduction!

I seriously wish I had that kind of imagination.

I'm not sure exactly how a person could go about illegally collecting disability. There's not some guy in a long fur trimmed coat standing on the street corner passing out disability checks in Florida, is there? If so, I'm on my way. I totally agree, it has not been confirmed in any way that Cindy is collecting disability - but that fact hasn't prevented the thousands of posts attacking her for abusing it. It is a known fact that disability is not easy to get. Someone in the public eye who is watched and tattled on constantly would have an even more difficult time getting it without irrefutable proof of eligibility.

The way I see it, I can be all perclempt over George and Cindy taking a few days for themselves to escape the madness, or I can just not care what they do so long as it doesn't affect me. People take trips. George and Cindy are people. Ergo, George and Cindy take trips. So?

If people are not jealous of the vacations and "perks" George and Cindy have been getting, they sure are doing a great job pretending to be. I read a lot of, "I don't get to go on vacation.....I don't get to drive a new car.....I don't accessorize (that one kills me :floorlaugh:). It sure sounds like jealousy. Or maybe it's just that people want George and Cindy to suffer horribly, never know a happy moment and live like paupers because what their daughter has done. I'd rather believe it's jealousy.

You assume that any friends of George and Cindy are victimized by them. Why? I assume that anyone who personally knows George and Cindy, as opposed to strangers who unfairly judge, twist, and criticize their every sneeze, has a fair idea of who they are. (Think how few people don't truly know their spouses). I do not in any way think I "know" George and Cindy - which is why I don't judge them so harshly. I do know that people under intense stress and pressure can make mistakes. Throw in some grief and unreasonable, unrelenting hatred from the public - it's no wonder to me at all that the A's have become defensive and combative. They're being attacked on all fronts while also trying to learn to accept the horrible truth that their very own daughter committed the crime of taking their beloved grandchild's life. It's amazing they've survived it, IMO. There is a reason Cindy did qualify for disability at some point - I assume it would be because of emotional issues resulting from Caylee's death. Why do we attack a woman with emotional issues for displaying symptoms of her illness? I'm glad no one blamed me for coughing when I was in ICU all last week with pneumonia and atrial fibrillation.

"Stress of a trial" is exactly the words I meant to use. Obviously Caylee's death was MORE stressful, but that doesn't take away from the stress of the trial, it adds to it. It's all one big package. Unfortunately, there is no cosmic law that limits stressful incidents to one per person.

Thank you for the compliment. Even if we don't agree, it's nice that we can respect and fairly consider each other's opinions.

Sorry you were so ill, I hope you're better now.

I agree completely - anyone with a heart would feel at least some empathy for what Cindy and George have been through. No one asks for something so horrific to happen to them. They weren't on trial and they were not convicted of anything. They don't want to give impromptu interviews in the parking lot of Home Depot, they want to tell their story (since, in spite of what people say), many want to hear it, on their terms - and that is their right. Why does no one begrudge Nancy Grace, Jane Velez Mitchell, Dr. Drew, and everyone at HLN for making off of Caylee's death? The Anthony's couldn't make the kind of money this network did if they gave 200 Dr. Phil interviews, yet no one complains. Very confusing to me.

All I want to add at this point is if George and Cindy really do not wish to be recognized and photographed while shopping in NC or any other state, I doubt they would go on a nationally syndicated show at this time.MOO.

RANCH,
Another brilliant point. Logical too.

I get the impression that the Anthonys are going to go to Walmart or NYC or anywhere else they want. They don't seem afraid of the paparazzi or the folks who may recognize them.

mo

RANCH,
Another brilliant point. Logical too.

I get the impression that the Anthonys are going to go to Walmart or NYC or anywhere else they want. They don't seem afraid of the paparazzi or the folks who may recognize them.

mo
Well, thank you so much.I've been reading some of these later posts and see the same old themes.Some dislike the Anthonys and look at their actions with suspicions.Others jump at any negative comment and lash out to defend the Anthonys.I say if George and Cindy really were worried about being photographed in that mall, we would have heard from them.MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203