CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Item number 46 on the memoribilia list. You have got to be kidding me....the sheets from the bed.

ETA: post number two from the docs thread referenced by Cubby.

46. Linens on Antique bed as well as the silk bed skirt and sheets on King sized bed in master bedroom

I wonder what the "contents" were in the safe. I wonder if handyman SIL used any of these tools for "home repairs" on the day Bob went missing.

28. The two safes that belong to Julie and Jeff Michaels and contents

38. Various tools and tool chest, Jeff’s tools

46. Linens on Antique bed as well as the silk bed skirt and sheets on King sized bed in master bedroom

I wonder what the "contents" were in the safe. I wonder if handyman SIL used any of these tools for "home repairs" on the day Bob went missing.

28. The two safes that belong to Julie and Jeff Michaels and contents

38. Various tools and tool chest, Jeff’s tools

So why weren't those two safes "UTH" with their owners? Curious...

Bob and Georgia downsized from a much larger home when they moved to Placentia. After a lifetime of marriage and working, they owned essentially nothing.

How.Is.That.Possible?

It is ridiculous.

So why weren't those two safes "UTH" with their owners? Curious...

Apparently they felt they could be better protected with their elderly father who lived alone than at home with a couple of young, healthy adults.

Apparently they felt they could be better protected with their elderly father who lived alone than at home with a couple of young, healthy adults.

Oh My Goodness, this situation is not funny at all, but your post was a good one. :floorlaugh:

I have to admit that when Bob was first reported missing my eyes were on the new wife (terrible experiences with step-parents growing up), but it sure does appear I was waaaay off. Sorry Fontelle.

Been a while since I have been on this thread. Bob bought every one of his kids homes and helped to pay their bills? Not enough for them. They still wanted more, more more? I can't say what I'd like to. :furious:

I just reread the memorabilia list. It's bleeping amazing the detail put into that list of where items where located throughout the house. Down to what was under the stairs, in upstairs rooms and in cabinets....

So much detail about the location of everything in the home. Yet a 3.5 hour gap in the time last seen. The clothing Bob usually wore added to NamUs by a 3rd party. Secret repairs.

I wonder if daughter JuM was compiling the list that Tuesday after Bob disappeared while she was changing the linens. Maybe she came to the home that day with a spiral note book or one of those yellow legal note pads.

I could see asking for their mothers things, that imo would have been reasonable. But if they thought for a moment Bob might be alive they would have wanted to leave the home intact for him when he gets home - other than just their moms things.

I wonder what Bob would have thought about that 100+ item list. And by that I mean the cumulative number of Bobs possessions, not the number of line items as there were several items per line on multiple lines.

Yep, they certainly didn't write that list sitting at home. They had to have written it while going through the house. It's just way too detailed.

Yep, they certainly didn't write that list sitting at home. They had to have written it while going through the house. It's just way too detailed.

Indeed. The note at the end of it reads "We need a day to go through the house and select items we cannot list as this list is compiled from memory only."

I find the use of 'only' here to be telling. It's overkill. One need only say 'from memory'. Unless, perhaps, one is defending oneself against the appearance of having walked through the house and compiled an inventory.

And some of the items do show an unusual memory. #36 includes "tiny bottles in box in garage." I read that Bob's garage was full of stuff. How could she remember what was in a box there?

And on a side note, how could unlisted contents of safes be considered memorabilia? (Or Krugerrands for that matter...I see no evidence of the Harrods being South African or of having vacationed there.)

right! how many of us could sit down and list everything in our own house in so much detail? in my recent move i was putting some things in storage and bringing some with me so i had to figure out what was important that i would need before the rest of my stuff got here, and i could not do it from memory. and in my mother's house...no way.

One has to wonder if Bob and Georgia really wanted their daughters to have these items, why they weren't dispersed or given to them while Georgia was still living.

jmho

I just reread the memorabilia list. It's bleeping amazing the detail put into that list of where items where located throughout the house. Down to what was under the stairs, in upstairs rooms and in cabinets....

So much detail about the location of everything in the home. Yet a 3.5 hour gap in the time last seen. The clothing Bob usually wore added to NamUs by a 3rd party. Secret repairs.

I wonder if daughter JuM was compiling the list that Tuesday after Bob disappeared while she was changing the linens. Maybe she came to the home that day with a spiral note book or one of those yellow legal note pads.

I could see asking for their mothers things, that imo would have been reasonable. But if they thought for a moment Bob might be alive they would have wanted to leave the home intact for him when he gets home - other than just their moms things.

I wonder what Bob would have thought about that 100+ item list. And by that I mean the cumulative number of Bobs possessions, not the number of line items as there were several items per line on multiple lines.

I think we can tell what he would have thought by the fact that he is not here, and the fact that he had stopped talking to his family for a long while. imo
This stinks and I hope something is found soon.

Since I've been getting some messages about it, I thought I should mention in the thread that we do have a copy of the memorabilia list, and I'm going to re-link the post that has it and some other documents attached:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

Please heed 's warning.

Yes. And if I may respectfully add, the memorabilia list begins on page 35 of the attachment at the above linked post.

Let's take a step back and regroup for a moment, if that is OK.

All three daughters hit the www shortly after his disappearance with the sole purpose, it seems to me, to shred not just Bob, but also Mrs Harrod, her immediate family, dear friends of Bob's who helped him function and brought him meals after the death of his wife, and they even accused Bob's closest friend of being something completely vile.

What do you hear from Mrs Harrod's side of the aisle? Crickets chirping.

No swipes at these women, or the extremely suspicious circumstances surrounding her husband's presumed murder. Nuth-in.

Strangers here and in other places have taken the time to read through the media and any report or file available to everyone. And have come up with reasonable observations and conclusions based upon information available to them.

What does that tell you? It tells me that Mrs Harrod has no need to portray anyone as anything other than what they are to the best of her understanding. She has no need to try and make anyone detestable in order to prevent people from being motivated to take a closer look.

It speaks volumes to me about the intent and motivation of Bob's children. JMVHO after following this case for slightly over one year.

As to the mediation on 9/9/11, I can only guess why it was in place and what anyone hoped to gain.

I suppose one option would have been to attempt another mediation agreement such as the mediation that occurred in March of 2010.

But for what purpose? So that the terms could NOT be MET yet again? I mean, really. If the terms had been met, there would be no need for the trial to commence, right? Because all sides would simply be moving forward in their responsibilities.

And yet, here we are. Clearly one side believes that the fiduciary responsibilities have been breached, and clearly a judge decided that there was sufficient cause to move forward.

sheesh.

One has to wonder if Bob and Georgia really wanted their daughters to have these items, why they weren't dispersed or given to them while Georgia was still living.

jmho

We know Mr. Harrod was allowing the daughters to remove some of their mother's items before he disappeared because daughter JuM posted the following:

July 15, 2009

(ROTW)
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 12:25 PM

Hi!
Just got back uth, (nasty hot and humid down there) I needed to help remove mom's personal stuff out of the house preparing for my dad's new bride to move in. She went back to Missouri to pack her personal items, she will be returning very soon. I have been speaking with my new step-sister (she lives in Kansas) she will be coming out for a few days, can't wait to meet her.

Another year has passed, today is our 32nd Wedding Anniversary! I cannot believe how fast the time has flown by.

Must get off this puter to get ready to do stuff with my old man.

Take care **HUGS**

Snip of letter from the daughters’ attorney:

April 14, 2010
Enclosed please find the list of memorabilia that the parties want to remove from the house. Please note that we have listed items in this list which include some items belong to Julie and Jeff Michaels and were loaned to Mr. Robert Harrod when they moved their residence.
Keep in mind that this detailed list containing 79 entries was typed out by daughter JuM and emailed on April 8, 2010 to her sisters PB and RB (about 8 months after Bob went missing), and starts out “Items wanted from Dad’s home at 522 Carnation Dr., Placentia:” and ends with “...this list is compiled from memory only.”

In the meantime, they wouldn’t talk to the media, didn’t organize any searches. or hold any vigils for their missing father.

Snip of letter from the daughters’ attorney:
April 14, 2010
Enclosed please find the list of memorabilia that the parties want to remove from the house. Please note that we have listed items in this list which include some items belong to Julie and Jeff Michaels and were loaned to Mr. Robert Harrod when they moved their residence.
Keep in mind that this detailed list containing 79 entries was typed out by daughter JuM and emailed on April 8, 2010 to her sisters PB and RB (about 8 months after Bob went missing), and starts out “Items wanted from Dad’s home at 522 Carnation Dr., Placentia:” and ends with “...this list is compiled from memory only.”

In the meantime, they wouldn’t talk to the media, didn’t organize any searches. or hold any vigils for their missing father.

Interesting. That was about one month after her sisters were legally made co-conservators of Bob's estate.

In the previous months all media was driven by Mrs. Harrod and her family. In fact all of it has been until the 50K reward that was offered well over a year after their father disappeared, but before the hearing regarding the audit that was substantially over due.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500