CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I havent seen addressed by anyone regarding this list? Why Bob owned nothing in his own house. Simple question that should have a simple answer. Why did he own nothing after leaving a larger house to move to a smaller one...but he didnt even own the beds in his house. Or the sheets for that matter.

Nothing was his. Apparently he lived a casual fly by night existence where the sum total of his assets were his financial holdings and Georgia's knick-knacks.

Riiight.

You know what I havent seen addressed by anyone regarding this list? Why Bob owned nothing in his own house. Simple question that should have a simple answer. Why did he own nothing after leaving a larger house to move to a smaller one...but he didnt even own the beds in his house. Or the sheets for that matter.

Nothing was his. Apparently he lived a casual fly by night existence where the sum total of his assets were his financial holdings and Georgia's knick-knacks.

Riiight.

Interesting, isn't it? Bob seems to have saved quite a deal of money, made investments, enough to have a comfortable retirement and help out his children at different times.

But, the house and it's furnishings?
It belongs to the three daughters.

And that might be true, if he hadn't married and then disappeared......

But, he did. He married and then he disappeared.
So, anything in the house, would be his wife's.
Yes, I know. Married a short time and Fontelle not added to legal documents yet.
But strictly within the law, the house and belongings are Fontelle's.

IMO: Bob's daughters should be grateful that anyone gave credence to their need for the contents of the 79 entries list.

Interesting, isn't it? Bob seems to have saved quite a deal of money, made investments, enough to have a comfortable retirement and help out his children at different times.

But, the house and it's furnishings?
It belongs to the three daughters.

And that might be true, if he hadn't married and then disappeared......

But, he did. He married and then he disappeared.
So, anything in the house, would be his wife's.
Yes, I know. Married a short time and Fontelle not added to legal documents yet.
But strictly within the law, the house and belongings are Fontelle's.

IMO: Bob's daughters should be grateful that anyone gave credence to their need for the contents of the 79 entries list.

I have missed you, dream, and it is wonderful to see you back.

I think it was quite a concession on Mrs. Harrod's part to let them have all of these THINGS that they craved. But I can see the point-they are only THINGS. Inanimate objects that they wanted to squabble over.

I dont think they realize how many people who were on the fence were finally convinced that their true selves had been revealed when this list came out. If they honestly believed Bob was coming back, they would not have dared to lay claim to all of his things.

Do I believe the daughters 'killed' their dad?
No, I don't.

Do I believe a family member killed their dad?
Yes, I do.

The impetus:
IMO: Anger.
Anger fueled by frustration, frustration that things are changing, that an old man
is not accommdating any longer.

I have missed you, dream, and it is wonderful to see you back.

I think it was quite a concession on Mrs. Harrod's part to let them have all of these THINGS that they craved. But I can see the point-they are only THINGS. Inanimate objects that they wanted to squabble over.

I dont think they realize how many people who were on the fence were finally convinced that their true selves had been revealed when this list came out. If they honestly believed Bob was coming back, they would not have dared to lay claim to all of his things.

It took me a long time to believe any hint that there was involvement by family.

ot:And I'm glad to be back.

I am sorry, but I still cannot get over the sheets. Even the sheets had to be taken. But by all means, leave the mattress....there is a whole lot of disgust being expressed in that list. Apparently Mrs Harrod was to sleep on the floor.

I am sorry, but I still cannot get over the sheets. Even the sheets had to be taken. But by all means, leave the mattress....there is a whole lot of disgust being expressed in that list. Apparently Mrs Harrod was to sleep on the floor.

IMO that list was also used as a way to put Mrs. Harrod in her place.

Let's take a step back and regroup for a moment, if that is OK.

All three daughters hit the www shortly after his disappearance with the sole purpose, it seems to me, to shred not just Bob, but also Mrs Harrod, her immediate family, dear friends of Bob's who helped him function and brought him meals after the death of his wife, and they even accused Bob's closest friend of being something completely vile.

What do you hear from Mrs Harrod's side of the aisle? Crickets chirping.

No swipes at these women, or the extremely suspicious circumstances surrounding her husband's presumed murder. Nuth-in.

Strangers here and in other places have taken the time to read through the media and any report or file available to everyone. And have come up with reasonable observations and conclusions based upon information available to them.

What does that tell you? It tells me that Mrs Harrod has no need to portray anyone as anything other than what they are to the best of her understanding. She has no need to try and make anyone detestable in order to prevent people from being motivated to take a closer look.

It speaks volumes to me about the intent and motivation of Bob's children. JMVHO after following this case for slightly over one year.

:goodpost:

believe', the thank you button wasn't enough. Your above post is profound.

What grace Mrs. Harrod has demonstrated during this difficult time with her quest to get answers into her husbands disappearance and presumed murder. We all pray those answers come soon, and justice comes soon for Mr. Harrod.

Carried over from my post #46, Thread 2.

I have received some information from a reliable verified source who currently wishes to remain anonymous.

The barber and her husband are 100% cleared of any involvement in Bobs case. LE reviewed receipts AND video survellience which confirmed their story and whereabouts the day Bob went missing. LE knows EXACTLY where the Barber and her husband where so they have conclusively ruled them out.

I'm pretty sure the daughters have this same information from LE regarding HOW the barber and her husband were ruled out.

jmo

The media surrounding the case indicated that the BL has a solid alibi, so this is no surprise.

Carried over from my post #46, Thread 2.

I have received some information from a reliable verified source who currently wishes to remain anonymous.

The barber and her husband are 100% cleared of any involvement in Bobs case. LE reviewed receipts AND video survellience which confirmed their story and whereabouts the day Bob went missing. LE knows EXACTLY where the Barber and her husband where so they have conclusively ruled them out.

I'm pretty sure the daughters have this same information from LE regarding HOW the barber and her husband were ruled out.

jmo

Cubby thanks for waking up a post from August 2010 and drawing attention to this important piece of information.

Snip of letter from the daughters’ attorney:

April 14, 2010
Enclosed please find the list of memorabilia that the parties want to remove from the house. Please note that we have listed items in this list which include some items belong to Julie and Jeff Michaels and were loaned to Mr. Robert Harrod when they moved their residence.
Keep in mind that this detailed list containing 79 entries was typed out by daughter JuM and emailed on April 8, 2010 to her sisters PB and RB (about 8 months after Bob went missing), and starts out “Items wanted from Dad’s home at 522 Carnation Dr., Placentia:” and ends with “...this list is compiled from memory only.”

In the meantime, they wouldn’t talk to the media, didn’t organize any searches. or hold any vigils for their missing father.

This list blows my mind. I live next door to my grandmother and am in & out of her house countless times a week helping her find items she has lost (nothing wrong with her, she just owns 2 houses and moves things from one place to another as she decides they are in her way and then forgets where she stuck them) and there is still no way I could list 79 things she owns and where they could be located in the house. I helped her change the bedding on 3 beds yesterday and for the life of me I couldn't tell you what kind of sheets are on any one bed. Somebody had to have went through that house with pen and paper and made a list shortly before typing that list up. Nothing else makes sense to me.

FTR, if I pulled a stunt like that with my grandmother I am sure my grandfather would haunt me to my dying day making my life a living hell. Not to long ago I jokingly went through and used masking tape to put my name on the bottom of all her old cast iron skillets because I am convinced that the secret to her cooking lies in those skillets and I wanted them but I no more finished marking them then I felt terrible and went back and undid it all. I just can't imagine going thru my grandparents house and stripping it of everything I might be entitled to at some point (hopefully) far in the future.

ETA: When I pulled the stunt with the skillets it was shortly after my grandfather died and my grandmom was going through the house with masking tape and marking pieces of furniture and stuff that she or grandfather had promised to diffrent to family members upon their deaths. I honestly did it to be funny because I am always laying clam to the cast iron skillets since I am the only person in the family that cooks but I still felt terrible about it and was very quick to remove every piece of tape. When grandmom updated her will not long after she made sure to note that those items go to me and I cried my eyes out for hours. It was the sweetest thing she could have ever did.

This list blows my mind. I live next door to my grandmother and am in & out of her house countless times a week helping her find items she has lost (nothing wrong with her, she just owns 2 houses and moves things from one place to another as she decides they are in her way and then forgets where she stuck them) and there is still no way I could list 79 things she owns and where they could be located in the house. I helped her change the bedding on 3 beds yesterday and for the life of me I couldn't tell you what kind of sheets are on any one bed. Somebody had to have went through that house with pen and paper and made a list shortly before typing that list up. Nothing else makes sense to me.

FTR, if I pulled a stunt like that with my grandmother I am sure my grandfather would haunt me to my dying day making my life a living hell. Not to long ago I jokingly went through and used masking tape to put my name on the bottom of all her old cast iron skillets because I am convinced that the secret to her cooking lies in those skillets and I wanted them but I no more finished marking them then I felt terrible and went back and undid it all. I just can't imagine going thru my grandparents house and stripping it of everything I might be entitled to at some point (hopefully) far in the future.

ETA: When I pulled the stunt with the skillets it was shortly after my grandfather died and my grandmom was going through the house with masking tape and marking pieces of furniture and stuff that she or grandfather had promised to diffrent to family members upon their deaths. I honestly did it to be funny because I am always laying clam to the cast iron skillets since I am the only person in the family that cooks but I still felt terrible about it and was very quick to remove every piece of tape. When grandmom updated her will not long after she made sure to note that those items go to me and I cried my eyes out for hours. It was the sweetest thing she could have ever did.

Thank you for that story. I think that's the way the majority of people feel, and that's why this whole "memorabilia list" is so horribly disturbing. That list and the internet bashing of Mr and Mrs. Harrod after his disappearance are what really stick in my craw. It's just not right.

Not only is the memorabilia list incredibly disturbing, the WWW campaign by Bobs daughters which appears to be a group effort to make their father appear detestable is equally, if not more so disturbing.

I've followed many MP cases here at WS over the 4.5 years or so I've been a member. MP cases where the victim has a verifiable questionable background with either a criminal record, addiction issues etc.

To put it politely, in comparison to other family members of the missing, Bobs daughters are in a class of their own. I have never seen anything like it.

Continued prayers for Bobs wishes to be heard, the truth to be revealed and justice in his case.

Thank you for that story. I think that's the way the majority of people feel, and that's why this whole "memorabilia list" is so horribly disturbing. That list and the internet bashing of Mr and Mrs. Harrod after his disappearance are what really stick in my craw. It's just not right.

Thank you. I realize I didn't say anything that hasn't been said a million times in this thread. Nobody here would ever dream of acting the way Mr. H's family has acted but that list just really disturbs me and says so much about where the childrens' heads were from the moment their father went missing. The time invested in compiling that list was hours not minutes and it should have been spent hunting for their father not plotting ways to rob him blind.

As for the bashing, well there are no words. My grandmother drives me batty on a daily basis but I would never bash her online or off. My grandfather died this past November and if grandmom decided to remarry tomorrow it wouldn't change how I feel about her. I would be happy that she had found someone to keep her company (and know in my heart that my grandfather would want that for her). I wouldn't be rushing next door to strip everything of my grandfather's out of the house. Un-freaking-real.

Not only is the memorabilia list incredibly disturbing, the WWW campaign by Bobs daughters which appears to be a group effort to make their father appear detestable is equally, if not more so disturbing.

I've followed many MP cases here at WS over the 4.5 years or so I've been a member. MP cases where the victim has a verifiable questionable background with either a criminal record, addiction issues etc.

To put it politely, in comparison to other family members of the missing, Bobs daughters are in a class of their own. I have never seen anything like it.

Continued prayers for Bobs wishes to be heard, the truth to be revealed and justice in his case.

I hate to admit this but I have an uncle with a criminal record and addiction issues. He lives on the other side of my grandmom and has been known to cuss and threaten her when she refuses to hand over money he feels entitled to. I have called the cops (and his PO, more than once) every. single. time. because I refuse to watch him treat her that way and he has since put an end to it because he knew I wouldn't stop until he did or he landed back in jail where he couldn't harm her. Is there not ONE person in Mr. H's family that is willing to stand up for him and put an end to this mess? Surely the whole family can't be greedy and without feelings, right?

Is there not ONE person in Mr. H's family that is willing to stand up for him and put an end to this mess? Surely the whole family can't be greedy and without feelings, right?

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me. That is why we are here vasportsmom. We are all praying someone other than Mrs. Harrod, someone from Bobs CA family WILL step up to the plate and end this mess.

Up thread it was mentioned Bob bought homes for his children and helped them out. Mr. Harrod helped
4 generations of his family - including himself for his generation. Someone in this family has to have a heart and step up to the plate for this man. I simply can't believe not one exists.... perhaps wishful thinking, but I am willing to hope and pray.

jmo

Respectfully snipped, enlarged and bolded by me. That is why we are here vasportsmom. We are all praying someone other than Mrs. Harrod, someone from Bobs CA family WILL step up to the plate and end this mess.

Up thread it was mentioned Bob bought homes for his children and helped them out. Mr. Harrod helped
4 generations of his family - including himself for his generation. Someone in this family has to have a heart and step up to the plate for this man. I simply can't believe not one exists.... perhaps wishful thinking, but I am willing to hope and pray.

jmo

I'm hoping with you. I was blessed with the most wonderful grandparents ever. They took my brothers & I in when our parents failed at parenting and we couldn't have asked for a better life. I spent the last 2 weeks of my grandfather's life by his bedside with the help of hospice making his last days as comfortable as possible. For the final 2 days I was there giving him morphine every 15 minutes and crying my eyes out in between but it was his wish to die at home with his family only and I owed him that and much more. When he took his last breath at 3 in the morning it was with me, my mom and my grandmom all by his side holding on to him. He went peacefully and was given a funeral and burial worthy of the man he was.

To this day I live in a home purchased for me by my grandparents and I'm well aware of what I owe them for that alone. My grandmom may drive me batty with a constant barrage of lost items that need found NOW or 50 trips to the grocery store because she refuses to make one list but I'll always be right there to help her because she deserves that and so much more. I just can't imagine or believe that this WHOLE family is so heartless and unconcerned.

Ok, I'll quit making this about me. It is just as a granddaddy's girl (I worshiped the ground he walked on) I can't imagine how this has went on so long. I would have fought my family hell and high water to see my grandfather safe or turned in every member of my family if I thought that even one of them were responsible for harming him.

:rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member