Boy From the Woods

The more I read about this case, the more convinced I am that this is a hoax. Time will tell.....

r
woodsboy.jpg

Thank you! Very good job!

Ben seems to have a Kirk Douglas cleft in his chin and the Berlin boy does not, IMO.
The pic of the Berlin boy is not that clear though.
People don't grow out of those like some grow out of dimples in their cheeks.
I know because I have one, lol.

You're right you don't grow out of them. So if you have it at birth it is there forever.

In all honesty it reminds me of other stories where people have claimed to have lost there memory etc..and really havent. Maybe it is true...but personally I cant see it :(

Maybe as time passes, he'll start to "remember" things. Is it possible that he just doesn't want to talk about everything he's been through?

I think if the boy is Ben, they would've reunited his mom with him after all this time. Kerry was in Greece recently at a conference. It sounds like the family remains focused there.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/helpfindben?sk=wall

I think I'll move on and conclude this boy is not Ben Needham. :sigh:

They keep saying that the boy has blond hair .. but in the pic, it's red. I wish they would release an actual picture of him.

We'll let you know. I can't peel myself away. :crazy:

I meant move on to other possible missing children. Not move on from this thread.

Give me back my seat. :slapfight:

:floorlaugh:

I meant move on to other possible missing children. Not move on from this thread.

Give me back my seat. :slapfight:

:floorlaugh:

ok ok, no need to get violent! You can have my seat. Darn responsibilities.

I haven't read the whole thread, just the first and last page. The only way that I can see a child of 12 completely losing their memory of such basic things as their surname, where they lived, and so on, is if his mother didn't really die in a car crash. If his mother is dead and his father killed her, that trauma alone could cause a legitimate memory block. Quite honestly, I am leaning towards him likely being older than he says he is, down on his luck, and milking the story for a place to stay. That's only my opinion though, and I would love to be wrong, and find out that the kid isn't a scam artist.

For reasons unknown, the German police seem to think he is legit.

ok so now that I have my seat back.......:fence:

The biggest clue is this boy is fluent in ENGLISH and speaks very little German. He was wearing winter clothing. The Germans say his story is credible but there are some very suspicious details regarding his story.

He appeared to be in great health, clean (where did he shower?)
He smokes.
He remembers his birth date but not his surname.
He knows he walked for 2 weeks.
He knows he's been living in the woods/forest for 5 years.
His dad died from a fall in the woods (??).

Anything else?

I'm pretty skeptical on this one too. While some things are convincing, others are confusing. It is said he was clean and well kempt when he appeared. How did that happen? Where did he wash, how did he get his hair cut? If he was in the woods from the age of 12 to the age of 17 he would have needed different clothes sizes. Where did they come from? Not speaking German in a German speaking country is a sure way to get opportunities for delay in answering questions. You could always pretend you didn't understand the question. He appeared well nourished. If he spent the last 5 years out in the forest, scavenging for food and fighting the weather I would expect more gauntness. Winter time for instance food would be very scarce.

I would think that severe long term abuse might cause a child to lose his memories of things like surname, previous address and etc. Esp. if the father told him he had to forget them. But for that type of abuse I would expect to see some evidence of broken bones and scarring.

I am wondering about sexual abuse. If the child was taught to hide everything about himself, if he was taught to fear authorities and told what would thought of him if the world knew what happened to him, he would lie. And if he was stolen that would be a reason to go on the run and hide identity. Also if abuse was suspected and maybe beginning to be investigated, that too would be reason to run and hide identity.

I am concerned that they haven't been able to find any evidence of his "father's" grave nor evidence of where they had "burrowed" in. When humans inhabit they tend to leave traces. Why don't they take the kid for a ride and try to trace where he came from?

ok so now that I have my seat back.......:fence:

The biggest clue is this boy is fluent in ENGLISH and speaks very little German. He was wearing winter clothing. The Germans say his story is credible but there are some very suspicious details regarding his story.

He appeared to be in great health, clean (where did he shower?)
He smokes.
He remembers his birth date but not his surname.
He knows he walked for 2 weeks.
He knows he's been living in the woods/forest for 5 years.
His dad died from a fall in the woods (??).

Anything else?

Now that I'm stuck standing...

They said they detected an accent but I don't think they said what kind of accent.

I'm pretty skeptical on this one too. While some things are convincing, others are confusing. It is said he was clean and well kempt when he appeared. How did that happen? Where did he wash, how did he get his hair cut? If he was in the woods from the age of 12 to the age of 17 he would have needed different clothes sizes. Where did they come from? Not speaking German in a German speaking country is a sure way to get opportunities for delay in answering questions. You could always pretend you didn't understand the question. He appeared well nourished. If he spent the last 5 years out in the forest, scavenging for food and fighting the weather I would expect more gauntness. Winter time for instance food would be very scarce.

I would think that severe long term abuse might cause a child to lose his memories of things like surname, previous address and etc. Esp. if the father told him he had to forget them. But for that type of abuse I would expect to see some evidence of broken bones and scarring.

I am wondering about sexual abuse. If the child was taught to hide everything about himself, if he was taught to fear authorities and told what would thought of him if the world knew what happened to him, he would lie. And if he was stolen that would be a reason to go on the run and hide identity. Also if abuse was suspected and maybe beginning to be investigated, that too would be reason to run and hide identity.

I am concerned that they haven't been able to find any evidence of his "father's" grave nor evidence of where they had "burrowed" in. When humans inhabit they tend to leave traces. Why don't they take the kid for a ride and try to trace where he came from?

BBM

This is what I'm wondering. I think more and more will come out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nobsnurse99
Back