What happened to Rebecca Zahau?

What do you think happened to Rebecca Zahau?

• It was a suicide.

Votes: 31 13.1%
  • It was not a suicide.

Votes: 50 21.2%
  • It was a hired hit.

Votes: 22 9.3%
  • It was a murder committed by someone angry about Max's accident.

Votes: 106 44.9%
  • I am unsure of what really happened (on the fence).

Votes: 27 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Max left alone for so long that when he landed face down in the thick carpet he smothered?

I will always believe the head doctor caring for Max knew the full extent of his injuries when he stated he thought Max had been smothered before he went over the banister. When a patient takes a great fall it is only logical the spinal cord is checked to see if there was damage.

I certainly cant pretend to know one ounce of what a medical professional knows that has the medical knowledge/experience and was right there caring for Max for days.

So I just wonder if he smothered while laying there for a few minutes unattended.

IMO
He didn't "smother." His brain died from the lack of oxygen due to spinal cord contusion preventing him from breathing. As for doctor caring for Max knowing the full of extent of his injuries-where is the evidence supporting that conclusion? The autopsy report DOES NOT say Max was diagnosed with spinal cord damage at children's hospital.

This may have been discussed before and apologize if so, but do we know who called Adam about MS's accident? Has it ever been mentioned?

I remember we speculated about this, as it was stated by Chasing Halos, that Jonah and Adam were not 'close'.

Some thought it may have been Dina, some Rebecca and others Jonah.

I have a few questions? When did Howard arrive, what was the reason for his visit and where did he stay the night before Rebecca died. Also, it has been stated he rented a car and had it at the hospital for he and Jonah to use. Where did the car end up and why did they have (meaning Adam, Jonah and Rebecca) to drive him to the airport if he had a car available? One more. If they had left the hospital long enough to drive someone to the airport, why did they have dinner at McDonalds, in the hospital? And if they did do that, why did Adam text Rebeca before they went home?

Was Max left alone for so long that when he landed face down in the thick carpet he smothered?

I will always believe the head doctor caring for Max knew the full extent of his injuries when he stated he thought Max had been smothered before he went over the banister. When a patient takes a great fall it is only logical the spinal cord is checked to see if there was damage.

I certainly cant pretend to know one ounce of what a medical professional knows that has the medical knowledge/experience and was right there caring for Max for days.

So I just wonder if he smothered while laying there for a few minutes unattended.

IMO

The ED MD got it wrong, and did not pursue further investigation. The AR states cause of death. This happens alot in medicine - when the patient presents to hospital, the MD will have a differential diagnosis. It has been said that DS got a "bad vibe" from RZ a few months ago, and must have relayed her suspicions that RZ did something to MS. Initial benzo tox screen returned false positive - further supporting DS concerns. However, repeat Benzo tox scree negative and AR re confirmed. At this point, the LE & AR have concluded MS death was an accident. Again, the ED MD did not further pursue investigation, as incorrect initial presumptive diagnosis.

(For example, patient presents to ED with nausea, vomiting, abdomen pain. No complaints of chest pain, shortness of breath, irregular heart beack. Initially, you suspect gastrointestinal problem. However, a Troponin level returns high and you realize they are having a heart attack! So, cause of symptoms was cardiac, not gastric. Initial diagnosis, incorrect.)

I remember we speculated about this, as it was stated by Chasing Halos, that Jonah and Adam were not 'close'.

Some thought it may have been Dina, some Rebecca and others Jonah.

I have a few questions? When did Howard arrive, what was the reason for his visit and where did he stay the night before Rebecca died. Also, it has been stated he rented a car and had it at the hospital for he and Jonah to use. Where did the car end up and why did they have (meaning Adam, Jonah and Rebecca) to drive him to the airport if he had a car available? One more. If they had left the hospital long enough to drive someone to the airport, why did they have dinner at McDonalds, in the hospital? And if they did do that, why did Adam text Rebeca before they went home?

BBM

Yes, Sunnie, the same questions I have asked several times. And, also, what was the relationship between JS and Dr. Howard. How long had they been friends? Would Dr. Howard help the brothers with the murder (if it was a murder) of Rebecca? How often did JS and Dr. H see each other? Have they checked Dr. H's phone records? And, especially, as you say Sunnie: where did Dr. H. stay the night before Rebecca died?

BBM
I absolutely agree that LE should have considered abuse/neglect. Anytime an otherwise healthy child is unexpectedly injured, I would want and expect an investigation from LE. It should not matter if the injury happened to a child of wealth or poverty.

I so totally agree with you. I've always held the opinion that RZ's suicide was triggered by Max's fall. I do wonder if the reason the ME concluded "accident" for Max was simply to close the open case with CPS.

JMO

I so totally agree with you. I've always held the opinion that RZ's suicide was triggered by Max's fall. I do wonder if the reason the ME concluded "accident" for Max was simply to close the open case with CPS.

JMO

I don't understand. Do you mean LE didn't want CPS to further investigate because Rebecca was dead? Would LE have that right? I would hope the parents would have some say. What are your thoughts?

Here is a link of an article on hinky about the house floor plan and what could've happened that night. Also, the discussion forum for this article is very interesting as well.
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/09/26/rebecca-zahau-case-floorplans-and-yet-more-issues/

THANK YOU!! Finally someone else noticed that huge deck off the master bedroom that I've said all along made the more logical hanging site. The railing was quite low, very easy to go over with bound feet and hands. That was even part of the renovation.....a higher railing around this for safety.

Here is a link of an article on hinky about the house floor plan and what could've happened that night. Also, the discussion forum for this article is very interesting as well.
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/09/26/rebecca-zahau-case-floorplans-and-yet-more-issues/

I've agreed with much of Valhall's analysis of this case, and with many of her excellent observations. She's a mathematical genius, as far as I'm concerned.

On the question she raised regarding why (if suicide) RZ chose not to hang herself from the deck off the master bedroom (as it's a more secluded area, in Valhall's opinion) - to me, the answer is simple & fairly obvious:

Directly beneath that side of the deck is a wall (the family room) that is lined with large windows from one end of the family room to the other. If RZ had flung herself from that deck railing (or anyone else had thrown her over that railing) RZ's body would have crashed against those windows below, and probably smashed them in the process.

Link to floor plans:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library/RZ/floorplans.pdf

THANK YOU!! Finally someone else noticed that huge deck off the master bedroom that I've said all along made the more logical hanging site. The railing was quite low, very easy to go over with bound feet and hands. That was even part of the renovation.....a higher railing around this for safety.

Is that the deck, where the LE officers were shown to be taking pictures? They were on some kind of a surface, up high, with a railing around it. I always wondered what was in those pictures and why they were taken.

I get the feeling that any questions regarding Dr. Howard are strickly off limits.

I get the feeling that any questions regarding Dr. Howard are strickly off limits.

Do you mean here at WS? Did I miss that post by the mods or am I confusilated?:waitasec:

Hi All, Does anyone know how long Adam stayed in San Diego? What was the date he left?

Hi All, Does anyone know how long Adam stayed in San Diego? What was the date he left?

I think it was pretty quickly. I think Jewish tradition requires burial within 24 hours and Max was buried in AZ.

I think it was pretty quickly. I think Jewish tradition requires burial within 24 hours and Max was buried in AZ.

Thanks, KariKae. Didn't know Max was buried there. I guess that's where the 'main' home is.

I was just wondering that if Adam's reason for coming was 'to give support to Jonah' why wasn't he part of the hospital vigil?

I did a fair amount of research and snooping into the corporations aspect of this whole event, as well as real estate records. I don't have any information to offer, and I haven't been able to substantiate my hunch. But one thing I will mention, not that it is necessarily significant, is that Adam Shacknai finally became a property owner. He acquired a lovely house in Tennessee. The real estate transaction seemed a bit odd at first, because the deed was given in consideration of ten dollars. I thought those kind of transactions only took place within families. Insight anyone?

I did a fair amount of research and snooping into the corporations aspect of this whole event, as well as real estate records. I don't have any information to offer, and I haven't been able to substantiate my hunch. But one thing I will mention, not that it is necessarily significant, is that Adam Shacknai finally became a property owner. He acquired a lovely house in Tennessee. The real estate transaction seemed a bit odd at first, because the deed was given in consideration of ten dollars. I thought those kind of transactions only took place within families. Insight anyone?

What County in Tennesse? Or do you have a link to the county for a document search? I can't imagine that happens much outside of family, but I'd love to know who sold it to him and what the property was worth.

It is a condo in Shelby County/Memphis, and he paid about !50K - so a very modest home. Maybe all the trash talking that was done on the boards about the "dump" he was renting before embarrassed him enough to finally become a home owner.

(The facts are as I remember them from HM).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member