‘Kate Plus 8 Series Finale: Kate Gosselin Says “This Is Not Goodbye”

How could anybody know what they will have in their accounts?
I'm sure they have quite a bit put back in 8 accounts for the children.

Has it been reported somewhere that Kate withdrew money from her children's account for the car?

In the People Magazine article, Kate said that she is "freaking out" and that she has saved enough for a "little while". So she didn't save very well or she's exaggerating to get people to donate to her.

JMO, BUT I think the best thing Kate could do for her kids would be to buy a less expensive home and live a normal life away from the media. I have 7 kids ,have a friend with 10. They don't require a mansion to be happy,just stability and love.
Tough times are when you learn what's really important.
What's important to you,Kate?

In the People Magazine article, Kate said that she is "freaking out" and that she has saved enough for a "little while". So she didn't save very well or she's exaggerating to get people to donate to her.

Has she asked for donations?

I think she may be job hunting but I've seen nothing about donations.

When they bought that house, there were 2 parents and a hit show.

I was doing a channel check awhile back and thought I caught a glimpse of her with a big ol' smile on her face so I tuned in. Nope turns out it was a peanut-butter commercial! When the show came back on it was same ol sour puss Kate.

Seeing the People Mag article claiming she saved for the kids educations but only had enough cash for a short time after the show ends was a shocker. If true, WTH was she thinking? As she keeps saying she isn't ready for the show to end and neither are the kids - well she's had several years to prepare for the end, if she didn't she should be ashamed! She's had free travel, free clothing for her and the kids, food supplement (due to endorsements) and she gets Child Support...

Now, do the kids draw unemployment along with her?

People seem to forget that Jon took a ton of money when he left to frolic with his new women.
It was reported, he took most of the money from the college funds.
I don't know how much Kate was able to get back.

I see so much blame pointed at Kate. There were TWO parents for years of that show.

Sure he was "ordered" to pay support. But then, shocker, he was unemployed for months.
Now he's working construction last I read.

I wonder how much support his children are actually getting.

Maybe that's why Kate is freaking out. She knows she's on her own.

We don't know what is in the accounts for the children.

I googled Kate Gosselin today and got about 15 "news" stories about her lavish spending of $700 on groceries.
:eek:
My gosh! That does not seem like much groceries to me for a family of 9 with today's prices.

Why not report on the fact that SHE is taking care of her children. SHE is shopping for food (all organic I'm sure). SHE is cooking healthy meals.

She provides. She knows she will always have to.

When they bought that house, there were 2 parents and a hit show.

Exactly. Just like others who are facing job layoffs and a tough economy,time to get real.There are still 2 parents but 2 homes and no hit show.

The show just ended. She wants to work in TV.
What's not real about that?

And when I said there "were" 2 parents, I meant 2 parents who were supporting the children and making the decisions.

$700 on groceries...for what? A couple weeks, I hope! Yeah, Yeah...I know she's got 8 kids...but they probably all still have little tummies.

I spend between $100 and $150 for a week, and that's for a family of 4, two of whom take their lunches to work/school.

And when I said there "were" 2 parents, I meant 2 parents who were supporting the children and making the decisions.

If she has the talent to work in tv and an audience,more power to her. I don't see it ,but I became disillusioned with Kate awhile back. Maybe there's a market for her somewhere.
She came to TV because she had a set of twins and sextuplets,not because she was talented or an actress or journalist. Her family was a human interest story.
Time will tell,but I won't be watching . Especially if she drags her kids into it again. JMO

You reminded me, wasn't John ,a VERY YOUNG John supporting the family with his IT job for many years ? And he participated in the show ,getting humiliated by Kate routinely because she was the only one allowed to be right. So he did his share . He doesn't provide child support now?

$700 on groceries...for what? A couple weeks, I hope! Yeah, Yeah...I know she's got 8 kids...but they probably all still have little tummies.

I spend between $100 and $150 for a week, and that's for a family of 4, two of whom take their lunches to work/school.

Wow really? $150 a week?
I need you to give me some pointers.
I spend more than that for the 3 of us. That includes lunch for my DD but not the 2 adults.

Also remember, Kate buys all organic foods. They do tend to be a bit higher.

If she has the talent to work in tv and an audience,more power to her. I don't see it ,but I became disillusioned with Kate awhile back. Maybe there's a market for her somewhere.
She came to TV because she had a set of twins and sextuplets,not because she was talented or an actress or journalist. Her family was a human interest story.
Time will tell,but I won't be watching . Especially if she drags her kids into it again. JMO

May not like this post but I'm so sick and tired of women getting on tv just because they can pop out babies. Let all of them go back to whatever they can do without being on tv. Being fertile does not a star make. Get birth control and stop baby milling.

You reminded me, wasn't John ,a VERY YOUNG John supporting the family with his IT job for many years ? And he participated in the show ,getting humiliated by Kate routinely because she was the only one allowed to be right. So he did his share . He doesn't provide child support now?

Jon never supported the entire family with his IT job.

When they just had the twins, Jon worked full time and Kate worked part time as a nurse.

The show started when the babies were little babies. Not to mention all the donations that poured in when the babies were born.

Jon never supported his family of 10 on his IT paycheck.

The show plus Kate's book sales made the money.

May not like this post but I'm so sick and tired of women getting on tv just because they can pop out babies. Let all of them go back to whatever they can do without being on tv. Being fertile does not a star make. Get birth control and stop baby milling.

That's actually opposite of what happened.

She couldn't have babies on her own. She had fertility treatments. That's why she had twins then the six.

You never know how many babies you will have with those treatments. She got pregnant with 6.
They did not believe in selective abortion. So they had them.

Thank God that is available for those who struggle with fertility. As someone who did, I know what that feels like.

She didn't "pop out" a bunch of babies to get a show.

ETA: IMO the baby milling comment is very offensive. Unless you struggle with fertility, you have no idea.

I hope, for the sake of those children, that they never have to live another day of their lives before a TV camera. I think it would be a horrible way to grow up. And I also hope that - out of camera range - their mother is not such a shrew. She gives a TERRIBLE impression on television.

Jon never supported the entire family with his IT job.

When they just had the twins, Jon worked full time and Kate worked part time as a nurse.

The show started when the babies were little babies. Not to mention all the donations that poured in when the babies were born.

Jon never supported his family of 10 on his IT paycheck.

The show plus Kate's book sales made the money.
He worked.
He worked full time and he supported the family. The show and the book sales paid for the country McMansion ,the nannies and luxury vacation every month. They moved up in social ranking ,that's all. JMO
And it was Kate who insisted they try for "just one more".

His check never fully supported the family of 10.

If you watch the first season, you will see him admit that.

Donations poured in when the six babies arrived. Diapers, formula, clothes, food, caretakers...
Things his check would have not covered.

Their church and members of their community supported them.

The show started when the babies were infants.

To say he worked for many years and supported the entire family is not accurate.

ETA: The vacations were mostly donated by destinations wanting the publicity.

http://www.becomehealthynow.com/ebookprint.php?id=1156

Mr. Gosselin, who wore six hospital wristbands to the news conference, said the family's church, Calvary Bible Fellowship Church, in Sinking Spring, had offered to pay to expand the family's home. Various corporations have also made donations, he said.

"Our church is behind us 100 percent. We have everything material taken care of," said Gosselin, an information technologies director for a petroleum equipment company, near Reading.

His check never fully supported the family of 10.

If you watch the first season, you will see him admit that.

Donations poured in when the six babies arrived. Diapers, formula, clothes, food, caretakers...
Things his check would have not covered.

Their church and members of their community supported them.

The show started when the babies were infants.

To say he worked for many years and supported the entire family is not accurate.

ETA: The vacations were mostly donated by destinations wanting the publicity.

Yeah, you're right Kimberly.

Wasn't he fired from his job shortly after the birth of the tups? We had several J&K+8 threads up through the divorce.

I'm no fan of Kate's, but Jon was just as bad in his own way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dontstayin
Back