‘Kate Plus 8 Series Finale: Kate Gosselin Says “This Is Not Goodbye”

I became disenchanted with Kate before she morphed into the Hollywood version .My sister in law went to a talk Kate was giving when she was promoting her book at churches. SIL sajd she didn't even try to appear like she wanted to be there.
People (fans) were lined up after the "talk" to buy her book and have it signed. SIL said Kate was just rude and included details. Up until then she really liked Kate and wasn't looking for anything negative.
I was already starting to cringe at the way she talked to John and used her friends and family to keep kids while they went off ,wherever.
I have a hard time asking my family to just keep two overnight. I know everyone works and has school ,etc,and their free time is limited also. Kate was leaving 4-6 kids with other people ,often.
It's just my opinion from my own experiences. I know others see nothing wrong with farming the kids out for "me time" on a regular basis.
It just appears to me that Kate put celebrity and lifestyle before family. Reality shows don't seem to work out so well for those who are IN them.

Maybe The Apprentice should be her next foray into TV land.

That's actually opposite of what happened.

She couldn't have babies on her own. She had fertility treatments. That's why she had twins then the six.

You never know how many babies you will have with those treatments. She got pregnant with 6.
They did not believe in selective abortion. So they had them.

Thank God that is available for those who struggle with fertility. As someone who did, I know what that feels like.

She didn't "pop out" a bunch of babies to get a show.

ETA: IMO the baby milling comment is very offensive. Unless you struggle with fertility, you have no idea.
Ummm, as someone who has had a child through IVF after infertility, I DO think Kate was "baby milling"!:banghead::banghead::banghead: I do think she did it for the notoriety. She should've stopped at 2, or at least her doctor could have limited implanting her with a max of 5 embryos, which was done with me! I think Kate is another OctoMom!!!:mad:

How would she have known they would do a show on her family?

How would she have known she would have 6 healthy babies?

So, had they implanted 5 and all 5 made it, it would be better?

Baby milling is very offensive.
I really wish we could refrain from using that term.

Kate's circumstances and the octomom's circumstances are completely different IMO.

Wait a minute. :crazy:

I just realized we are talking about IVF. Kate didn't even have IVF.

So, her Dr. didn't implant any embryos.

She took injections to stimulate her ovaries so she would ovulate.

Her ovaries were stimulated and she got pregnant with 7 babies.
1 baby didn't make it.

The Dr. wanted to do selective reduction but Jon and Kate refused due to their personal/spiritual beliefs.

Am I remembering wrong? She didn't have in-vitro, she used fertility drugs and hyper-stimulated her ovaries. IIRC she had so many viable ova that her doctor refused to do the procedure and told them to use contraceptives. On the first ultra sound they had seven embryos but miscarried one.

I always felt this birth was contrived or at least hoped for - was she even diagnosed with infertility? They started treatment for the twins pregnancy shortly after they got married, I remember her saying they did the treatment due to her control issues, which is out there IMO.

IDK - I could be misremembering, I stopped watching them years ago and have only seen brief snippets since then. The clip I saw of the last show it appears that the kids are doing OK, they are still beautiful and I hope they have happy lives.

1 baby didn't make it.

The Dr. wanted to do selective reduction but Jon and Kate refused due to their personal/spiritual beliefs.

Haha! We must have crossed posts. Great minds and all that... ;)

Am I remembering wrong? She didn't have in-vitro, she used fertility drugs and hyper-stimulated her ovaries. IIRC she had so many viable ova that her doctor refused to do the procedure and told them to use contraceptives. On the first ultra sound they had seven embryos but miscarried one.

I always felt this birth was contrived or at least hoped for - was she even diagnosed with infertility? They started treatment for the twins pregnancy shortly after they got married, I remember her saying they did the treatment due to her control issues, which is out there IMO.

IDK - I could be misremembering, I stopped watching them years ago and have only seen brief snippets since then. The clip I saw of the last show it appears that the kids are doing OK, they are still beautiful and I hope they have happy lives.

Yes. She has ploy-cystic ovarian syndrome.

I also have that. Not fun. And almost impossible to get pregnant without fertility treatment.

Jon never supported the entire family with his IT job.

When they just had the twins, Jon worked full time and Kate worked part time as a nurse.

<snip>.

I didn't misquote you, this is exactly what you said.

Thanks!

I didn't misquote you, this is exactly what you said.

Thanks!

No, the entire family meaning the 10!
I made that clear in several posts.

I NEVER said they could not afford a family with twins.

You did misquote me and I'm moving on.

No, the entire family meaning the 10!
I made that clear in several posts.

I NEVER said they could not afford a family with twins.

You did misquote me and I'm moving on.

The above was YOUR post, don't accuse posters of misquoting you if it isn't true. That's not cool.

JMO

Jon never supported the entire family with his IT job.

When they just had the twins, Jon worked full time and Kate worked part time as a nurse.

The show started when the babies were little babies. Not to mention all the donations that poured in when the babies were born.

Jon never supported his family of 10 on his IT paycheck.

The show plus Kate's book sales made the money.

His check never fully supported the family of 10.

If you watch the first season, you will see him admit that.

Donations poured in when the six babies arrived. Diapers, formula, clothes, food, caretakers...
Things his check would have not covered.

Their church and members of their community supported them.

The show started when the babies were infants.

To say he worked for many years and supported the entire family is not accurate.

ETA: The vacations were mostly donated by destinations wanting the publicity.

http://www.becomehealthynow.com/ebookprint.php?id=1156

Mr. Gosselin, who wore six hospital wristbands to the news conference, said the family's church, Calvary Bible Fellowship Church, in Sinking Spring, had offered to pay to expand the family's home. Various corporations have also made donations, he said.

"Our church is behind us 100 percent. We have everything material taken care of," said Gosselin, an information technologies director for a petroleum equipment company, near Reading.

I've seen enough of the show to know that 'THEY' means Kate. IMO and all that.

If they couldn't afford twins, they couldn't afford even ONE MORE child.

Nobody said they couldn't afford twins.
Or more.
Where is that coming from?

In my post you quoted, I said he never fully supported a family of 10 on his IT paycheck.

So?

And you are the one that said he didn't support them when it was just them and the twins.

This is what you snipped from my post.
Nowhere in it says anything about then not being able to afford twins.

I was discussing the family of 10.

They did not know, when they tried for one more, it would end up being 6.

I guess most would do the selective reduction/abortion thing. They do not believe in that.
I admire them for keeping all 6.
How scary and dangerous that must have been.

No. I never said that.

This is incorrect, as I never said he didn't support them when it was just them and the twins.

The above was YOUR post, don't accuse posters of misquoting you if it isn't true. That's not cool.

JMO

Where in the above exchange did I say they couldn't afford twins???
Please. Point it out.

If not, please just move on.

You misquoted me.

You took a post where I responded to someone else that said Jon supported the entire family (all 10) with his IT job for years.
I pointed out he did not.

When they were a family of 4, they both worked.

When they became a family of 10, Jon worked, but a ton of support came in the form of donations and childcare.

I NEVER said they could not afford twins.

You took a post where I responded to someone else that said Jon supported the entire family (all 10) with his IT job for years.
I pointed out he did not.

When they were a family of 4, they both worked.

When they became a family of 10, Jon worked, but a ton of support came in the form of donations and childcare.

I NEVER said they could not afford twins.

Two different words : "Couldn't" and "Didn't".

I said DIDN'T.

1 baby didn't make it.

And if she/they wouldn't agree beforehand in writing to do selective reduction, then her doctor had no business providing her with the drugs to stimulate her ovaries. I don't consider a woman who already has children to be "infertile"!!!:banghead:

And... just like OctoMom, Kate had no business having children she couldn't afford, and expecting everyone else to provide for them!

It was their right to try for more children after the twins.

She didn't ask for 6. It's how it worked out.

And thank God you don't have to sign something agreeing to selective reduction. That would be horrible for so many women who want children and don't believe in abortion.

Her doctor knew beforehand there was NO WAY they would ever agree to selective reduction.

Jon and I believe that every life, whether seconds old after conception or a full forty-week term, robustly healthy or horribly sick, fully developed or severely challenged ? every life is designed and ordained from God. We would therefore never consider choosing to end that life in any way at any time. Period.

Wow really? $150 a week?
I need you to give me some pointers.
I spend more than that for the 3 of us. That includes lunch for my DD but not the 2 adults.

Also remember, Kate buys all organic foods. They do tend to be a bit higher.

You're right...organic foods are a lot higher. I cut a LOT of corners, do without a lot of "extras", and make a lot of meals that last for more than one night, or can be made into lunches. Coupons come in handy when I remember to take them, and IF it's something I can actually use.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbrady
Back