Conrad Murray trial -Day fifteen

And the sad thing is Dr. Shafer only tries to be helpful when asked questions.

IMO

:floorlaugh:
Do you recall when Dr. Shafer said there was brown stains on the tubing and asked if it were blood? I bet you it was the dye from Chernoff's hair.

:floorlaugh: He buzzed it off too and now his receding hairline really shows up more.

Cher is putting everyone to sleep. This is so disjointed.:banghead:

I'm listening to the cross and I have to say that the defense SEEMS to be going after itty-bitty pieces of his testimony. In going through the propofol set-up, they are trying to make the jury believe that he based his research partially on Alonso's (?) lies... defense hits at him whenever they can, insinuating that the DA's set up the story about the bottle in the bag.

Counting on you good peeps to keep me up to date after the afternoon break. I have to leave and HLN on DVR has too many commercials which seem to mostly interrupt the good stuff.

The jury made it one hour!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Defense has failed to put any dents in Dr. Shafer's testimony. One would think if he had anything credible, it would have been presented by now. JMO

Thank gawd I became a nurse, an artist, an art & antiques gallery owner...
and not a lawyer.

I would not be able to stay composed, with the fake nice responses for as long as they are.

I think I would be laughing out loud, spitting & choking on my water, swearing at the idiot attys,
looking at the jurors & rolling my eyes... and I'd prolly be doing some name calling.

IOW: I'd be asked to leave the court about now!

Defense has failed to put any dents in Dr. Shafer's testimony. One would think if he had anything credible, it would have been presented by now. JMO

Here is one thing Chernof tried to insinuate. He was talking about Schafer's role in the early paper on propofol he did with White and his first wife. Schafer said his main role was doing the math because early computers could not keep up with the necessary math. And so Chernoff tried to kind of downplay Schafers role by saying stuff like " those were old computers, like the Osborn models, tiny screens, old school computers..." Making it sound as if him doing the math was not that big of a deal.

To Chernoff:

Billy Flynn, you're not!
So please just sit down...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ETA: Last verse of Billy's song, "Razzle Dazzle Them"

"Give 'em the old Razzle Dazzle
Razzle dazzle 'em

Show 'em the first rate sorcerer you are
Long as you keep 'em way off balance
How can they spot you've got no talents?

Razzle Dazzle 'em

Razzle Dazzle 'em
Razzle Dazzle 'em

And they'll make you a star!

CHICAGO THE MUSICAL - RAZZLE DAZZLE LYRICS

I think Chernoff did a little damage. He reminded the jury that Schafer got his 'theory' for the demonstration by reading Alvarez's statement about the bottle in the IV bag. And Alvarez has been somewhat discredited, imo. That testimony might come into question during deliberations.

I think Chernoff did a little damage. He reminded the jury that Schafer got his 'theory' for the demonstration by reading Alvarez's statement about the bottle in the IV bag. And Alvarez has been somewhat discredited, imo. That testimony might come into question during deliberations.

Possibly but I don't think so because there is no other explanation as to how the propofol levels in the femoral blood could have been as high as it was.

I do not think AA was discredited. I believe if the jury thinks like most; that the sequence of events may be out of order in a chaotic situation, but not that the events did not happen. Much of his testimony was supported by the EMTs except the sequence

Fleak made a huge error though not photographing the prop bottle inside of the saline bag

wow... Chernoff just said "Garbage in. Garbage out" when discussing Dr Shafer's study data!!

Dr Shafer, slightly annoyed, chuckled & said, "All data is... paramount."

I do not think AA was discredited. I believe if the jury thinks like most; that the sequence of events may be out of order in a chaotic situation, but not that the events did not happen. Much of his testimony was supported by the EMTs except the sequence

Fleak made a huge error though not photographing the prop bottle inside of the saline bag

I tend to agree and I look at Shafer's explanation and basically ruling out any other method to get the blood levels to what it was in the toxicology report as lending credence to Alvarez and Fleak testimony about the seeing the bottle in the bag.

Why is he going over ALL of the papers Schafer did on Propofol? Is that supposed to discredit him somehow? To me it makes him seem even more credible.

Chernoff firmly reminded Dr. Shafer that Dr. Murray was on trial for his life.

Chernoff firmly reminded Dr. Shafer that Dr. Murray was on trial for his life.

Perhaps on redirect Walgren should ask Dr. Shafer if, in his opinion, did anything other than Dr. Murray's egregious deviations from standard of care put Dr. Murray "on trial for his life" as Mr. Chenoff so eloquently reminded of us all during his cross?

Why is he going over ALL of the papers Schafer did on Propofol? Is that supposed to discredit him somehow? To me it makes him seem even more credible.

Most research is argumentative too. It is all part of validating the methodology and subjected to peer review with various opinions. The general consensus of the majority of the scientists who review the research is what determines validity. I hope someone on the jury understands this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back