Tim Miller: Possible Lawsuit against Casey

I was kind of chuckling in a sympathetic way at your frustration and thinking it's a good thing you weren't around in the early days - a post could be ignored for three or four days if something else bigger was going on or else you'd have eight or ten people saying link? don't agree because..or just plain not agreeing.

Gee, I remember when I said I thought people should give Cindy a break the day she had her testimony about the 911 call, that maybe we were wrong about her completely. And then she proved me so . very. w-r-o-n-g.....ACK! It still gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it. It was like a deep freeze around here everytime I came on the board and some of my very good friends thought I'd drunk the Koolaid and crossed over. Fortunately most forgave me and except for a few - like my darling MissJames who give me a poke to remind me of my big pratfall when I get too big for my britches - thank god!

Whoops went sideways there - the point being - you can't assume nobody is listening to you - they maybe don't know the answer or are still in "think" mode...not necessarily disagreeing with you.

And as you know perfectly well, a small percentage will always disagree with you - that's a given.
BBM
I remember that ,too. I felt so mean spirited and you were being so magnanimous.
I told you so ! :slap: :blowkiss:

It was introduced as evidence ,but what was it evidence of ? Nothing,IMO

re: bbm
You are asking the wrong person about that.....ask Judge Perry who let those ridiculous photos in later than the 11th hour, while again bending over backwards for the DT, and preserving his appeal record. And ask CA who was on the stand during the admission of those photos, and who testified about those photos, who was willing to say anything and enabled them to be let. and ask the Jury members who were looking for anything to hang their NG hat on.

I was called out numerous times by those only in the know who have been here for the full 3 years about a common legal term, and told what other term I should use, so I wanted to provide links. Nothing more than that.

So what if it's shaky? The courts are full of shaky lawsuits. If it continues to create an environment in which Casey is forced to confront what she did,then good!
We know everything Casey has said publicly so far has been lies. She SHOULD have to answer questions .Her child is dead and she has yet to tell the truth of what happened to Caylee.If it wasn't drowning,then what? Some other accident? Why not use that at trial?

If TM's lawsuit ,ZG's lawsuit and anyone else who chooses to go after her,forces her to speak about Caylee, then a tiny bit of justice happens,IMO. It will never be enough,but it's something. A lot of good people were caught up in Casey's evil ,twisted world. Payback time and it's all legal.

ETA: A very large number of people thought Casey's defense was shaky. Anything's possible.JMO

Do you really think that's what is going to happen here though, that she is going to be forced to admit what really happened? I don't think so. What stops her from making up just some other story about her mindset when TES got involved? That is ultimately what this is about. These lawsuits aren't going to give people the answers they truly want from Casey Anthony. All they are doing is continuing to keep her relevant in the news cycle.

That doesn't mean I think some of the cases don't have merit, because I think ZFG's case does. I just don't think it's going to reveal some revelation by FCA about what really happened to her daughter.

You are asking the wrong person about that.....ask Judge Perry who let those ridiculous photos in later than the 11th hour, while again bending over backwards for the DT, and preserving his appeal record. And ask CA who was on the stand during the admission of those photos, and who testified about those photos, who was willing to say anything and enabled them to be let. and ask the Jury members who were looking for anything to hang their NG hat on.

I was called out numerous times by those only in the know who have been here for the full 3 years about a common legal term, and told what other term I should use, so I wanted to provide links. Nothing more than that.

Perry accomplished his mission. Appeals are certainly not an issue now. Unfortunately he was re elected so he will be able to continue endangering the people of FL by helping out the defense lawyers.

Do you really think that's what is going to happen here though, that she is going to be forced to admit what really happened? I don't think so. What stops her from making up just some other story about her mindset when TES got involved? That is ultimately what this is about. These lawsuits aren't going to give people the answers they truly want from Casey Anthony. All they are doing is continuing to keep her relevant in the news cycle.

That doesn't mean I think some of the cases don't have merit, because I think ZFG's case does. I just don't think it's going to reveal some revelation by FCA about what really happened to her daughter.

No,I don't think Casey could ever be forced to tell the truth.I just like that she can't simply walk away from what she did and be done with it.
I'm happy she acted PO'd that she had to face Morgan in a stupid disguise . Good .I'd like her to be sued on a regular basis ,just to bug her. I hope she never gets comfortable ,wherever she's living,because someone will be on her case ,holding her accountable one way or another.
I'm waiting for the day she and her DT start to turn on each other,which will definitely happen at some point,IMO.
Let the games begin. Even if TM and ZG lose their law suits in court,they've WON,IMO, because they stood up to Casey Anthony and held her accountable. Too bad her mother didn't do that a long time ago.

It was a rhetorical question. Sorry I wasn't clear . Technically it could be called evidence because it was submitted in court,but IMO it wasn't proof of anything . I agree,HHJP did bend over backwards,maybe for good reason,but it backfired big time and now a killer is not only free,she's treated like a VIP. :sick:

Perry accomplished his mission. Appeals are certainly not an issue now. Unfortunately he was re elected so he will be able to continue endangering the people of FL by helping out the defense lawyers.

I'm not quite as critical of HHJP,but watching the judge in the MJ trial is eyeopening.The trial could have been handled very differently .Both BP and SS engaged in thoughtful conversation,instead of just ruling.

I don't know if TM will win because Casey is not the person who requested his services,but I'm glad he's giving it a shot .

I wish everyone that came to search,and everyone that had to sacrifice to testify or be interviewed by LE,could and would sue Casey .

I'm not quite as critical of HHJP,but watching the judge in the MJ trial is eyeopening.The trial could have been handled very differently .Both BP and SS engaged in thoughtful conversation,instead of just ruling.

I don't know if TM will win because Casey is not the person who requested his services,but I'm glad he's giving it a shot .

I wish everyone that came to search,and everyone that had to sacrifice to testify or be interviewed by LE,could and would sue Casey .

Caylee was KC's child not CA's so the fact that CA called TES CA would have been acting on behalf of KC. KC did not throw TM out of the house when he showed up so I doubt KC would have much of an argument about TES searching for her child. Again, responsibility would fall on the child's parent and I'm sure this is why Tim asked KC about the search. KC was the last to see Caylee and she was her mother. KC said herself she was "the only resource" regarding Caylee's disappearance. That's a pretty strong omission. jmo

Just my :twocents: on cityslick's comments/questions. First, the 'assumption' that JB was speaking for FCA is not an assumption. He was hired by her as an attorney, he is licensed for practice by the state. He is her voice in the court. Fl State Statutes cover the fact that as an attorney he is bound to represent his client's directives in court, to confer with her regularly, and requires "that the lawyer may not counsel a client to engage in conduct that the lawyer "knows or reasonably should know" is criminal or fraudulent, and must consult with the client if the lawyer "knows or reasonably should know" that the client expects assistance not permitted by the Rules of Professional Conduct." In fact, one of the acceptable reasons for a lawyer to leave a case is if the client insists on fraud in their defense. What JB presented was as her representative (or voice) in court. According to law, not assumption.
As for proving TM's contact with FCA, since JB himself was there, met TM and knew they were originally searching for a live Caylee, I'm pretty sure trying to argue that FCA didn't mislead TM will be pretty useless. JB did ask TM not to consult privately with his client, but other than that he voiced no objections. FCA was in and out of his conversations with CA/GA without protesting their assertions. Other than TM's word, there were both his assistant and the Padilla people, GA/CA and her own attorney there witnessing it. I don't know the rules about hearsay in civil cases, but several EquaSearch volunteers heard TM's comments about the map incident, and GA's Ohio friend was there involved in the whole thing. TM's assistant and Padilla's may have overheard the map thing too.

Great Post...I feel the need to ask where have you been my whole life...:floorlaugh:

Don't get any funny ideas...Just kidding...:fence:

I really enjoy when new members enter into the mix...so many smarty pants out there...Kinda like baking a casserole...You start with the good ole ingredients and everytime you add something new, it just gets better!....:great:

ITA that OCA will never admit the truth. I'll take a wild guess and say no one really expects her to except perhaps her parents. most of us are just happy to see her at LEAST pay for inconveniencing others, not the least of which are the other families who needed TES at that time.

I'm the opposite on the lawsuits, I think TM has relevance, ZG not as much. if I was a bettin' girl I would put the money on TM winning, not ZG although if OCA continues to be recalcitrant, she may well lose both.

That brings up a good point...I wonder if there exists some communication between CA, GA and FCA on the topic of TM. You would think CA would have said something to FCA about TES coming to help. Maybe in their jailhouse letters smuggled in by JB...That would be hilarious...:floorlaugh:

Maybe JB should have stuck to selling bikinis...If he sent the wrong one, no big deal. He should have paid more attention in lawyer school. Seems like his words are like weapons against his own client...........:waitasec:...........:floorlaugh:

That brings up a good point...I wonder if there exists some communication between CA, GA and FCA on the topic of TM. You would think CA would have said something to FCA about TES coming to help. Maybe in their jailhouse letters smuggled in by JB...That would be hilarious...:floorlaugh:

Maybe JB should have stuck to selling bikinis...If he sent the wrong one, no big deal. He should have paid more attention in lawyer school. Seems like his words are like weapons against his own client...........:waitasec:...........:floorlaugh:

I think CA called TM right before KC was released from jail on bail the first time and by the time he arrived at the home KC was there. Tim did the usual interviewing of the family to get an idea of a location where they should be searching. Obviously at this time he knew the Sawgrass Apartments was not where Caylee was dropped off. What he wanted was an area where they should start their search and to branch out from.

Had CA given TM a piece of Caylee's clothing, instead of refusing, I think the tracking dogs may have found Caylee right away. This will be the damning testimony I believe because why would someone deny giving TM the clothes when tracking dogs can track a live child as well. It just makes no sense if they didn't already know she was dead and did not want her to be found. jmo

I think CA called TM right before KC was released from jail on bail the first time and by the time he arrived at the home KC was there. Tim did the usual interviewing of the family to get an idea of a location where they should be searching. Obviously at this time he knew the Sawgrass Apartments was not where Caylee was dropped off. What he wanted was an area where they should start their search and to branch out from.

Had CA given TM a piece of Caylee's clothing, instead of refusing, I think the tracking dogs may have found Caylee right away. jmo
BBM
Only if Caylee was alive and walked to spot where she was found.MO

IIRC, the only charge was murder one. The lesser charges weren't put in.

Oh I see your point - I thought you meant only one charge of capital murder and I was thinking of all the separate versions of it.

The charges against her as well as the verdict form that has been provided
in the thread,

do not accurately reflect all the choices which were available to the jury with
regard to lesser included offenses.

Lesser included offenses were on the verdict forms and available to the jury.

I don't know when it started but there seems to be an idea floating around that the defense is allowing one lying conviction to stand unopposed...or something like that.
They are actually appealing all 4 convictions on various grounds.

I think the confusion comes because the basis for the appeal has been confused with the 'one lie" argument at sentencing.

I am NOT saying "one lie" won't be argued at appeal. But there are other issues as well and as such, all 4 are on appeal.

Thanks
opinion
MH:wolf:

BBM
Only if Caylee was alive and walked to spot where she was found.MO

Some dogs can track (blood hounds in particular) someone who is taken by car. Plus they can smell a scent from a long way off but they have to know what they are tracking. jmo

The charges against her as well as the verdict form that has been provided
in the thread,

do not accurately reflect all the choices which were available to the jury with
regard to lesser included offenses.

Lesser included offenses were on the verdict forms and available to the jury.

I don't know when it started but there seems to be an idea floating around that the defense is allowing one lying conviction to stand unopposed...or something like that.
They are actually appealing all 4 convictions on various grounds.

I think the confusion comes because the basis for the appeal has been confused with the 'one lie" argument at sentencing.

I am NOT saying "one lie" won't be argued at appeal. But there are other issues as well and as such, all 4 are on appeal.

Thanks
opinion
MH:wolf:

You know, that is what I do not understand. She is caught redhanded lying on tape..admits she has lied and they are appealing. I could see them appealing on the "one continuous lie" but to have all 4 thrown out. That's like saying now she's lying about lying. jmo

You know, that is what I do not understand. She is caught redhanded lying on tape..admits she has lied and they are appealing. I could see them appealing on the "one continuous lie" but to have all 4 thrown out. That's like saying now she's lying about lying. jmo

Aint that the truth. :winko:
:wolf:

I'm glad the AZ clarified some things in the lawyer thread. It's exactly why I think the case is shaky because I didn't think because JB said it = KC said it so at that point it leaves TES in an impossible position to prove that KC knowingly defrauding them.

I think you are misunderstanding AZ's posts - she was not addressing whether or not JB's statements legally represented FCA, but rather whether or not those statements were 'evidence', and further she states "The point is that his statements in opening (or closing) argument regarding his theory of the defense are not binding upon Casey as admissions of fact." Admissions of fact (a legal term) meaning that both the plaintiff's and defendant's attorneys agree on a declaration, making it fact for the purpose of the upcoming trial. She's saying that statements - not evidence - made in the first trial aren't automatically accepted as fact by later trials.

But if FCA's attorney does object or deny the declaration that FCA knew Caylee was dead during the Request of Admissions (the process that determines agreed upon 'fact') that doesn't mean those earlier claims/statements won't be brought in and argued as part of the trial. One way or the other, it will be addressed and those statements will play a part in her answers, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back