MSM Coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/1/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm not really understanding how it gives these children a sense of normalcy to have them go trick-or-treating and be followed around by a news crew while doing it.

But whatever.

Yeah, I'm not really understanding how it gives these children a sense of normalacy to have them go trick-or-treating and be followed around by a news crew while doing it.

But whatever.

you are in my head :maddening:

IMO thats disgusting,its like their renting their kids out.like someone said up thread to get the sympathy vote.

i really feel for those poor boys,they need a bit of normality so the trick or treating was a good idea but to let GMA film them doing it,sickening IMO

JMO MOO!!

So they get rid of CS for holding her own press conferences with the media, but have no problem showcasing their kids to the media themselves. Just don't ask them to have the kids interviewed again, I guess unless it's for fame and money? *facepalm*

This is about control. It sounds like CS wanted to talk for them, whereas I'm guessing Tacopina is letting them have more control over what goes out to the media. I see why they picked him. He's not around to tell them what to do like CS was. What do you want to bet that they are now surrounded by a bunch of yes people and not anyone giving them really good advice anymore?

This whole parents and their attorneys just stinks. I wonder if they told their boys, "Hey, we're famous! You're going to be on TV trick or treating tonight!"

BBM : Yep ... FOLLOW the $$$$$ Trail ...

I sure would like to know WHO is "funding" the <Mod Snip> ...

:furious:

MOO ...

I think ABC is in this up to their eyeballs. I think they pay JT to continue to get exclusives. Disgusting if true considering their connection with Disney and children.

I guess they didn't suffer much backlash from their involvement in the Caylee Anthony case. Dollars win out every time I guess. Morals...not so much.

MOO

Mike Thompson on Morning Express with Robin Meade this morning; independent witness who works in KCMO, lives 90 miles away and has no connection to anyone in case. He ID'd man on road w/baby wearing t-shirt/diaper.

I thought the man had a t-shirt but did the baby have one too?

IIRC he said that the baby didn't have a coat or nothing in the first interview and we took it to mean that the baby was naked, but now it had a t-shirt, just no coat. Or did I misunderstand you?

How many people saw Baby Lisa's face this morning during that interview or any news hit about the story today?

Mike Thompson on Morning Express with Robin Meade this morning; independent witness who works in KCMO, lives 90 miles away and has no connection to anyone in case. He ID'd man on road w/baby wearing t-shirt/diaper.

That's HLN isn't it? It looks like they're getting in on the media war. They will go straight for the "evidence" in this case and not videos of the family trick or treating. They've already hounded MW and now they've gotten an interview with the second witness.

I expect to see more from them today.

T-shirt on baby? How could the first witness not see this since the man walked toward them with baby cradled in front of him and then walked past them?

MOO

Only good morning america knows where they are! They wont tell! I remember a tweet when they left former location. Nbc was asking local media where they went! They were searching for them. They are now staying in a nicer house while their baby is god only knows where! With seedy people, dead in the woods, river? moo. Hopefully shes with a great family, but doubt it. This all my opinion only!:puke:

Yeah, in a secret location so that if someone wanted to give their baby back, or tell where she is, how would they find them? Oh right, go through their horde of lawyers, or talk to LE. Yeah, I can see a kidnapper or murderer choosing between those two. Not. Talk about motivation NOT to return Lisa or say where she is at all! And if she was old enough to find her way home, she wouldn't know where to find her family! I guess they're lucky she can't do that, huh?

Wow, if there is a kidnapper or murderer out there, they are sitting pretty about now and just watching the show...

IIRC he said that the baby didn't have a coat or nothing in the first interview and we took it to mean that the baby was naked, but now it had a t-shirt, just no coat. Or did I misunderstand you?

This information was on the banner on NG last night as well. Seems that's what he's told HLN anyway.

MOO

There is something amiss about all this other than the fact that Lisa is missing.

I haven't quite puzzled it out yet. What I think is amiss at this time 1. is the quickness in which this case is being covered on a national level instead of local. 2. A mysterious benefactor that not only offers a very large reward but brings in a *private eye*. (I don't think he's working in the capacity of a private eye but that's JMHO at this time). 3. A very well known attn comes into the picture fairly quickly too. Plenty of attn's in KC why this one?

Is this a shift in how *crime entertainment* is presented? Before, we saw a lot of missing children that were high profile cases too but it took a while to go not only national but to get as much coverage as this case has gotten. I'm wondering if----there wasn't someone out there that said to themselves after seeing a high profile case that ended earlier this year---hey there's a market to be tapped here in a better way. KWIM?

I don't like this and I can't quite put my finger on it and unfortunately my uneasy feeling and most of what I've read in the past week or so has had pretty much nothing to do with Lisa herself. Where's Lisa in all of this?

How many people saw Baby Lisa's face this morning during that interview or any news hit about the story today?

exactly,at the start the presenter said "update on the baby Lisa case" or something along those lines....how is the boys trick or treating an update? :waitasec:

i wonder how the neighbours of where they are staying now feel about all this.if she was living next to me i'd be off somewhere else til they left,i couldn't stay there not with they way they are acting and don't seem to give a rats a$$ about Lisa :(

Has it been stated that hes back at work? MSM?

Why would he be back at work? Someone is paying JT $750 an hour, someone put up a $100k reward, someone is paying for the safehouse. A couple thousand more to cover mortgage, utilities, car payment, and food is a drop in the bucket for whoever is financing all this.

Clearly, this isn't about Baby Lisa anymore. It's the GMA Dog and Pony show, and the HLN Donkey Show. Like a reality show, everything is funded by the networks. I'm guessing one of them is the "benefactor" in this case as well.

I find it a terrible reflection on our society and detracts from the public's attention in all current and future missing persons/childrens cases.

I read a transcript where he said the baby had a t-shirt on. Yet in the first interview I saw, he said only diaper. I think the transcript was from Nancy Grace last night, but I'm not sure.

There is something amiss about all this other than the fact that Lisa is missing.

I haven't quite puzzled it out yet. What I think is amiss at this time 1. is the quickness in which this case is being covered on a national level instead of local. 2. A mysterious benefactor that not only offers a very large reward but brings in a *private eye*. (I don't think he's working in the capacity of a private eye but that's JMHO at this time). 3. A very well known attn comes into the picture fairly quickly too. Plenty of attn's in KC why this one?

Is this a shift in how *crime entertainment* is presented? Before, we saw a lot of missing children that were high profile cases too but it took a while to go not only national but to get as much coverage as this case has gotten. I'm wondering if----there wasn't someone out there that said to themselves after seeing a high profile case that ended earlier this year---hey there's a market to be tapped here in a better way. KWIM?

I don't like this and I can't quite put my finger on it and unfortunately my uneasy feeling and most of what I've read in the past week or so has had pretty much nothing to do with Lisa herself. Where's Lisa in all of this?

BBM. I think LE and the public are the only ones who care about Lisa at this point. The parents, their attornies, and the media appear to have a different focus. It does make you wonder.

Did anyone complain about Natalee Holloway's mother and her loyalty/connection with Greta Van Susteren? Is there really a problem with a family grieving and searching for their child, choosing one media outlet in particular they trust?

I DON'T think the Irwins are doing this for the money, nor do I think they would trade this special horror house life they live now for the sweet life they lived before, with their precious baby.

They just can't get a break. If the images of what they're doing garner sympathy, it's because their story INSPIRES SYMPATHY. It's not because they've created this false structure that causes people to feel fake sympathy, like that balloon boy thing. This is real, it's rough, those who feel empathy for them feel it righteously. FGS. All they want is their baby.

I suppose JT didn't really mean it when he said that the case was being played too much in the media and the family didn't really mean it that they want the spotlight on Lisa.

Color me shocked.

And how secret their location can be any more if they've toured the neighborhood with a camera crew?

People wanted to know where they went, what the boys were doing, if they were going to go trick or treating, if they are going to school. We get to see some of it covered by GMA and there is still complaining. Now, it's why are they showing the boys?

I personally don't care what the parents are up to or where they are. I want to know where Lisa is and where LE is with their investigation of the case.

Did Natalie Holloway's mother go trick or treating with Greta? I didn't follow that case from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike