WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still cannot believe she would leave a 4 yr old in charge of a 2 yr old--for 11 hours! I wouldn't leave a teen alone for 11 hours. That is ridiculous. She should be in jail right now for that behavior alone. imoo

For sure. I dont leave my 12 year old son alone because the boy cant even find his socks before school. He'd starve to death be sockless. No matter how you cut it, what she did was irresponsible and neglect. You cant argue you are a good mom in court when you leave your kids alone. Thats why I think she did it. If that is the MOST reasonable story you can imagine to give to the cops than the truth is soooo worse.

There appears to be a couple of things she could be charged with immediately. If there is evidence she left the two children unattended during the hours of mediation, and if they can charge her with endangerment based on her statement that she left Sky alone in the car last Sunday.

MOO

They could get her for filing a false police report (for saying her car wasn't running), as well as abandonment, neglect, child abuse, I am sure they can think of others.

How very sad that this woman has been able to keep those children from their father for so long. I think she must have been bitterly disappointed that her marriage to this man did not put her on Easy Street for life. So, in retaliation she punishes the ex by using their children. Evil.

IMHO

Not to put too fine a point on it.....but I think you may just have nailed it. :goodpost:

Not to put too fine a point on it.....but I think you may just have nailed it. :goodpost:

It is so painfully to me that we are failing these kids. So many of the missing lately seem to be from "sick" homes. They seem to be falling though the cracks and I feel personally responsible as a mom and a grown up. All kids should know only happiness. Stress is for grown ups. Their biggest conflict should be Fruit Loops or CocoPuffs for breakfast. It breaks my heart and I wish I could hug them all. (Without looking like a weirdo):blushing:

Sorry I don't have the link but I thought she did admit the children were alone during mediation and she admitted to lying about having a sitter. They also knew the children were left alone (Friday?) when she got a hair cut and went shoe shopping.

I don't know that she directly admitted to leaving the kids alone - but since they can't locate anyone who has seen Sky in the last two weeks, by deduction, you realize there wasn't a babysitter for that 12 hour period.

I still cannot believe she would leave a 4 yr old in charge of a 2 yr old--for 11 hours! I wouldn't leave a teen alone for 11 hours. That is ridiculous. She should be in jail right now for that behavior alone. imoo

I agree, but from what LE is saying, they have bigger fish to fry right now than simple neglect. They're waiting til the "dust settles" on the missing baby case before pursuing the lesser charges.

I don't know that she directly admitted to leaving the kids alone - but since they can't locate anyone who has seen Sky in the last two weeks, by deduction, you realize there wasn't a babysitter for that 12 hour period.

Very good point!

:)

These cops could very well use her OCD against her to get her to talk if they were smart enough. Arrest her and throw her in a filthy jail cell and let her climb the walls, then offer her a nice clean place to go.

I have no patience for craptastic mothers who treat children like an afterthought in life.

If she didn't want the child she should have given him to someone who did.

EXACTLY. I think if there was, they would have come forward by now. Unless... Sky was already "gone" and this person is 'in the know'.

I just wish that parents like this that lie, send LE on wild goose chases could be sentenced to hard labor when the case is solved. Sheesh.

We can only assume that, but I think that is why they are asking if anyone close to her can come in and speak. Since she refuses to talk its all we CAN go on. Can they get away with charging her on what we all infer to be true though? Its pretty clear to everyone she left them on numerous occasions and she cant claim ignorance because shes been busted for it before.

I just wish that parents like this that lie, send LE on wild goose chases could be sentenced to hard labor when the case is solved. Sheesh.

I think if that is the case, these parents should be liable for the costs every time. There are other crimes that need attention. It takes time and resources from them. Stick it to them.

We can only assume that, but I think that is why they are asking if anyone close to her can come in and speak. Since she refuses to talk its all we CAN go on. Can they get away with charging her on what we all infer to be true though?
Its pretty clear to everyone she left them on numerous occasions and she cant claim ignorance because shes been busted for it before
Veloce Apartments
http://www.liveatveloce.com/p/apartments/apartment_amenities/redmond-wa-98052/veloce-3441

8102 161st Ave NE, Redmond, Washington 98052

Community Features
Built 3 Star Green
Three buildings feature studios, lofts, one bedroom and two bedroom homes
Controlled access buildings with reserved underground parking
Two large landscaped courtyards with casual seating and custom art sculpture
24 hour Fitness Center with professional grade strength and cardio equipment with personal viewing screens
Club Room with large flat screen TV and Wi-Fi access
Billiards Room and Yoga Studio
Theater/Screening Room
Bike and individual storage units available
A technologically advanced community with fiber optics wired to each home
On Site Composting

Is this the apartment where JB lives?
If so, I believe LE would have video footage of Sky coming and going at least during the 24 hour period before he was "kidnapped" (or proof he was not with mom at that time maybe?)
I bet there are security cameras ALL OVER that complex...
jmo

I think if that is the case, these parents should be liable for the costs every time. There are other crimes that need attention. It takes time and resources from them. Stick it to them.

Curious now what the law is in WA regarding filing a false report which leads LE searching for a missing child. With over 100 agencies involved, the cost for manpower and resources should be enormous.

:mad:

Veloce Apartments
http://www.liveatveloce.com/p/apartments/apartment_amenities/redmond-wa-98052/veloce-3441

Community Features
Built 3 Star Green
24 hour Fitness Center with professional grade strength and cardio equipment with personal viewing screens
Theater/Screening Room
On Site Composting

If so, I believe LE would have video footage of Sky coming and going at least during the 24 hour period before he was "kidnapped" (or proof he was not with mom at that time maybe?)
jmo

Wait...on site composting? Back that truck up. Shut the front door. Dont love to hear that.

Veloce Apartments

Community Features
Built 3 Star Green
Theater/Screening Room
On Site Composting

jmo
On site composting?

Just curious, but where does she get the money for this apartment? I haven't read or heard anything about her employment.

:waitasec:

Wait...on site composting? Back that truck up. Shut the front door. Dont love to hear that.

I agree!!!! Gave me the heebie gee willikers!

ETA: He couldn't "disappear" from her apartment with controlled access and fiber optics in use...
Had to be from the car! Sounds like the parking garage is even SECURE!
HER "story" is making more sense to me now...

I read a quote in an article that LE gave stating mom has admitted to leaving the children alone at different times. Here's one:

Johnson said Biryukova acknowledged having a history of leaving the children home alone for extended periods of time. Police know whether she did so during the lengthy mediation – but they won't release that information, Johnson said. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/10/julia-biryukova-mom-of-missing-boy_n_1086033.html

I am so frustrated and sick. How many of these cases do we have when we know someone close to the child has answers and can lead LE to the child, but won't? Kyron Horman, Haleigh Cummings, Baby Lisa, Hailey Dunn, Aliayah Lunsford, Gabriel Johnson, Hassani Campbell, Baby Kate, etc. etc.

I used to think these cases were totally solvable. That someone would locate the child and someone would got to prison. Now it feels that there is a new one every couple months and I realize how easy it is to kill a child and dispose of their little body, where no one is likely to find them. It is very distressing to watch their cases heat up with activity and then watch their threads dry up as information disappears.

On site composting?

Just curious, but where does she get the money for this apartment? I haven't read or heard anything about her employment.

:waitasec:

Her facebook says she is a full time mom. I can only assume its alimony. Which is one of the reasons my thinking all the problems with these two are financially related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti