WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awwwwwww. Solomon talking about meeting with his daughter for the first time in almost a year. He said when she first saw him she said, "That's my daddy!" He absolutely lit up when talking about her.

He still seems very optimistic that Sky will come home safe. We can only hope...

Wow, I teared up when I read this. There may be hope yet that she will at least have her father in her life...

I stumbled across this article online -- supposedly an interview with JB's mom. Anyone local know if this source is legit?

"An exclusive one on one with grandmother of missing child"
http://www.thenewtakhoman.com/111411.html

JB's mom says she was interviewed by the FBI twice, mentions "Julia's problems", and talks about the family's history (coming to the US and her ex leaving her for a young prostitute).

YIKES! The first thing that struck me was everything is descibed so dramaticaly...

"brutally betrayed me"
"I want to disappear from the face of the earth"
"I'm not sure if I'll out live all of this madness,"

I can't imagine living in a household with JB and mum....

I stumbled across this article online -- supposedly an interview with JB's mom. Anyone local know if this source is legit?

JB's mom says she was interviewed by the FBI twice, mentions "Julia's problems", and talks about the family's history (coming to the US and her ex leaving her for a young prostitute).

Good Find!

Sad response though. Sound to me like she has the "It's all about ME" syndrome. Not much to say about her missing grandson, no effort to help locate him or to offer any insight as to how to go about it, no specific information about Julie that would help in the search, just about her hard life and desire to be left alone.

While I understand her reluctance to speak to the press, it's disappointing that she has decided to distance herself from her daughter and to not assist LE in the search for her grandson. Now would be a good time to mend fences with her daughter, if only to get information regarding the whereabouts of Sky.

Along those lines of thought, surely there is someone close to Julia, if not her own mother, that could get Julie to open up about Sky in order to get information for LE.

imo

Well, that was one interesting article regarding Julia's mother. Julia came to the states at the age of 13, probably not knowing English either like her mother, then her father leaves them in the USA and Julia is basically left with a mother who is probably hating her husband BIG TIME leaving them in the USA.

The age of 13 is a very vulnerable time for a female and IF Julia listened to her mother talk about her father, as well as seeing her mother struggle for all those years, this just may have set Julia on a path in another direction of what her mother was in at that time.

I know I have said at the age of 13, I will never do what my mother has done to me when I grow up, and I made sure I didn't.

So now, we have Julia, who just may have decided to not let a man do to her, what he father did to her and what her father did to her mother. This is where the control issue came into play, and based on what we have read in the document from court (February 1, 2011) as well as what Solomon stated, for me, it has become clearer why Julia is the way she is.

Since Julia's mother states she is a "workaholic", and not knowing anyone in the USA, I can see Julia's mother leaving Julia and her brother alone while she went to work. This may have been why Julia felt comfortable leaving the children alone while she went out because she herself may have been left alone with her brother while her mother was at work.

However, Julia and her brother survived and Sky is missing.

I have felt from the beginning of this case that it may be a "revenge" issues against Solomon. The only reason I personally see it this way is because in Pakistan, Russia, etc., the male is more the superior and the female is subservient.

However, Julia just may have changed her role and became the "superior" and made Solomon the subservient. Even with her online profile looking for a "Sugar Daddy" is a form of taking control of what she wants.

All IMO ...

Poor grandma! She wishes she could disappear from the face of the earth because of the media, not because her precious 2-year-old grandson is missing. Why do we need to pray for her? I say prayers but it sure isn't for anyone in the Biryukova family. My prayers are for Sky, his father, and his sister. What is wrong with these people? I swear, I don't get it at all.

TY and very much agree. This is why I think it is imperative for some professional to talk to the father and be sure he CAN handle the responsiblility again. Sorry, but he wasn't responsible the first go around, imo. Granted the authorities and the courts were slack in their responsibities also, but the situation went on for years (since the birth of MM) and he lost everything before he decided to firmly do to anything. I just can't help doubting that he has good judgement......nothing personal against the man...just something is not right and needs to be "adjusted" before he's given free reign to oversee the care of MM again.

JMO, LE hasn't cleared him either. Not that I think he did anything to harm Sky, but there has to still be a doubt in LE's mind about something....or the would have by now. IMO, JMO, etc.

I agree. I don't believe he had anything to do with Sky's disappearance, but there is something off with this guy. I've watched him on a couple of interviews and he seems to have a difficult time answering questions. On GMA it was like pulling teeth to get a straight answer from him. I still say he may be one of the main causes of Julia's mental problems. That's not making excuses for her, either, just saying that we obviously don't know everything that went on in that marriage and I can't give him a free pass any more than I can her, until I know more details.
I do give him credit for making these public appearances and passing out fliers, though. At least he's not hiding out.

If you think of how this grandmother feels about men, and Sky being a male, it appears her connection to males, even her own blood, is not important to her. Perhaps in this grandmothers eyes, Sky will just grow up doing to women what the grandmother's husband did to her. It's so hard to get into the minds of people who have such ill feelings against men. IMO

In thinking about this case today I wondered if we are often too hard on the moms and blame them. It is perfectly possible that someone drove up and saw an abandoned baby and thought "the mom does not deserve this child." I could sorta see that in a busy place. But the odds of a child abductor stopping by the car and getting out and seeing sky in the car just makes it really strange.

Most people would assume something tragic had happened to the mother or adult driving the car. They would immediately call the police thinking that this was a car jacking gone wrong.

It just boggles the mind that no one called about the car being abandoned at all. Seems like she is lying about it for this reason.

bbm

I could maybe see that if the car was actually out of gas...maybe.

Bt since the car was in fine working condition and she really had no reason to stop, I doubt whether Sky was in the car at all that morning.

YIKES! The first thing that struck me was everything is descibed so dramaticaly...

"brutally betrayed me"
"I want to disappear from the face of the earth"
"I'm not sure if I'll out live all of this madness,"

I can't imagine living in a household with JB and mum....

She seems pretty self absorbed herself. The email was about her....not Sky. Gives us a good glimpse to see what prolly took place in JB's life, especially at a time in life when going from being a little girl to becoming a woman.

The article from the Takhoman is startling to me. . . . such hatred and anger toward her ex-husband for leaving her and her 2 kids in a foreign country for a prostitute. . . . . hmmmm maybe JB has translated this into Sugar Daddies are the only way women will be okay in society? If Nadia B (NB) is truly the "workaholic" then no wonder why JB wants to be "taken car of" by a rich sugar daddy. Interesting that JB's daddy turned out to be a prostitutes "Sugar Daddy" that he chose over his wife and kids (including JB).

I agree. I don't believe he had anything to do with Sky's disappearance, but there is something off with this guy. I've watched him on a couple of interviews and he seems to have a difficult time answering questions. On GMA it was like pulling teeth to get a straight answer from him. I still say he may be one of the main causes of Julia's mental problems. That's not making excuses for her, either, just saying that we obviously don't know everything that went on in that marriage and I can't give him a free pass any more than I can her, until I know more details.
I do give him credit for making these public appearances and passing out fliers, though. At least he's not hiding out.

maybe english isn't his first language, so he might have a harder time comprehending questions and answering them fluently compared to natural born english speakers. and i think the reason he might not answer all the questions asked is because he probably doesn't feel comfortable talking about his personal life. the questions regarding his declaration in court must be hard enough as it is to answer. i still don't see why you would insist that solomon contributed to julia's mental problems when he wasn't even there when she lost her son and left her kids alone for 12 hours. judging by her mother's own words, julia had enough problems in her childhood to maybe have triggered her ocd/mental problems. i'm not saying solomon is perfect, we clearly know he isn't, but i haven't seen any evidence that he is the abuser that julia says he is, and especially since we now know she's a liar, i find it hard to believe her. if solomon was truly as bad as she claims he was, why would she even want him to have custody of her daughter now? this was after she fought him long and hard to gain sole custody of the kids and prevented him from seeing them for one whole year. why does a bf/husband always have to be the cause if a woman develops a mental illness? for all we know, she might have had it since she was young but it just got worse when she got pregnant and had kids.

I am stunned at the self-serving blathering this woman is spewing out. It's all about her..with a gratuitous mention of Sky in the last sentence. She is not my idea of a loving Grandmother! Poor, poor baby boy.

If you think of how this grandmother feels about men, and Sky being a male, it appears her connection to males, even her own blood, is not important to her. Perhaps in this grandmothers eyes, Sky will just grow up doing to women what the grandmother's husband did to her. It's so hard to get into the minds of people who have such ill feelings against men. IMO

that would maybe explain why julia is obsessed with her daughter and not with her son.

The article from the Takhoman is startling to me. . . . such hatred and anger toward her ex-husband for leaving her and her 2 kids in a foreign country for a prostitute. . . . . hmmmm maybe JB has translated this into Sugar Daddies are the only way women will be okay in society? If Nadia B (NB) is truly the "workaholic" then no wonder why JB wants to be "taken car of" by a rich sugar daddy. Interesting that JB's daddy turned out to be a prostitutes "Sugar Daddy" that he chose over his wife and kids (including JB).

It also makes the prostitute comment in the restraining order a bit more interesting.

I am stunned at the self-serving blathering this woman is spewing out. It's all about her..with a gratuitous mention of Sky in the last sentence. She is not my idea of a loving Grandmother! Poor, poor baby boy.

i guess we now know where julia got her attitude from.

Have any of our verified experts weighed in on the difference of OCD and OCPD? (Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder)

I keep reading that she knew what she was doing was unhealthy, but then maybe she didn't. I don't have the qualifications to decide, but I do know that with OCD you have some awareness about the flaw in your thought process, they are considered unwanted thoughts. With OCPD you actually believe you are right and grounded in the compulsions you have.

Just a thought...
With my OCD, it is centered around obsession, but there is a tremendous amount of guilt/shame/remorse, too.
I don't see indications of guilt/remorse in JB.
MOO

Wow.

It seems as if she's more angry at the media trying to figure out where her grandson is, than at her daughter who is withholding information from everyone..

<snipped> Since Julia's mother states she is a "workaholic", and not knowing anyone in the USA, I can see Julia's mother leaving Julia and her brother alone while she went to work. This may have been why Julia felt comfortable leaving the children alone while she went out because she herself may have been left alone with her brother while her mother was at work.<snipped>

Good point! But leaving a 13 year old to watch over a 2 y/o isn't so out there (IMO - I was babysitting neighbourhood toddlers at that age).

It does make me curious about JB's relationship with her baby brother - was she more of a mother figure to him? Could that explain why he is standing silently by her side? Perhaps he feels he "owes" her.

that would maybe explain why julia is obsessed with her daughter and not with her son.

Could be why she thought it was acceptable to leave children. Maybe she babysat for her brother and at her age wanted to be with her friends and left him at times?

If JB was abandoned by her father at age 13, it may explain why she ended up with the older SM and married at a relatively young age. Maybe she was looking for a father figure and someone to take care of her (not unlike what she was doing on the sugar daddy website). Perhaps when their finances started to suffer and she found herself at home with two young kids and her husband working for much of the day, she associated it with her father leaving her mother and it set it off her.

I wonder if JB's mother is OCD at all. I recall seeing a photo on Flickr taken at the mother's condo with what appeared to be an air purifier/humidifer on the floor. Maybe they share a fear of dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member