PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was basically what I meant. But if she was a helper, why get in the car?

It was probably her idea because women are like that. :)
A few reasons why women like me do things like whine to get into the car: Because her shoes hurt her feet after walking around those dumb little shops in dopey Lewisburg.
Because she/ they had something private to discuss. Because she needed to use the BR and they had to drive to a location she approved of ( no service stations, tyvm).
My fave: Because the April winds were starting to blow her enormously coiffed hair.

Pick one, or a combo. Sometimes I wonder about your powers of observation re: women. :floorlaugh:

I had thought of that too. Perhaps she was sitting side-ways in the car, with the passenger door open, so not to totally pollute the inside of the Mini. Just enough to cover up some smell. 'She' could have done this while waiting for RFG, lets say if he was off dumping the HD or the laptop. Could explain the wee bit of ash found on floor on passenger side. If she was sitting facing FORWARD, the likelyhood of ash on passenger floor would be nill.

Laughing so hard I have tears.. Hey honey, what if the WIND blew a tad of that ash right back into the precious prized-mobile?
You know, kinda like you and the cop. :laughcry:

My rebuttal:
The brilliant but techno- savant RG was SO skeeved out about that HD that he asked for close to a YEAR how to erase the thing.
Then bought a proggie to do so and used it, most likely.

What's the odds that he KNEW how to 1) Purchase the right replacement HD and 2) Install it covertly by himself?
I'd put the odds at less than 5%.
So why would he need the plastic case and remaining cheap parts?

Just throw two things in the river.. one which needed to go, and the other to make anyone possibly watching from up on PA's version of Choctaw Ridge not wonder what Billy Joe MacAllister threw off the Tallahatchie Bridge.

Did you know there are websites devoted to the meaning of Bobbie Gentry's lyrics about the girl and Billy Joe? Amazing what a cult following the song has, I don't know why I know that, but I do LOL. Anyway...
Just think what some people would do if they saw a person throw a smallish shiny metallic item off the bridge in Lewisburg..
Toss the laptop case and they would know a laptop just bit the dust, er, hit the water.
Kind of the KIS theory again.

Wow...you are hitting on all 8 cylinders tonite !

My rebuttal:
The brilliant but techno- savant RG was SO skeeved out about that HD that he asked for close to a YEAR how to erase the thing.
Then bought a proggie to do so and used it, most likely.

What's the odds that he KNEW how to 1) Purchase the right replacement HD and 2) Install it covertly by himself?
I'd put the odds at less than 5%.
So why would he need the plastic case and remaining cheap parts?

Okay, I'm not talking about the laptop, just the drive.

You can get replacement drive at Staples. It is a matter of just slipping it in to the laptop.

He might just wanted to destroy the drive with the data on it, buy a replacement, and slip it in to the laptop. It is safe.

Just throw two things in the river.. one which needed to go, and the other to make anyone possibly watching from up on PA's version of Choctaw Ridge not wonder what Billy Joe MacAllister threw off the Tallahatchie Bridge.

I've stood on that bank and tossed a rock into the river at that point. Nobody saw it. Other people have tossed drives into the river.

[da] RFG could very easily have been worried about his personal data being uncovered. He might have been planning to be in Lewisburg anyhow and thought that this would be a good opportunity to get rid of the drive. He was planning to return and nobody would associate the drive with him, if he came back. So he tossed the drive. [/da]

It was probably her idea because women are like that. :)
A few reasons why women like me do things like whine to get into the car: Because her shoes hurt her feet after walking around those dumb little shops in dopey Lewisburg.
Because she/ they had something private to discuss. Because she needed to use the BR and they had to drive to a location she approved of ( no service stations, tyvm).
My fave: Because the April winds were starting to blow her enormously coiffed hair.

Pick one, or a combo. Sometimes I wonder about your powers of observation re: women. :floorlaugh:

Why didn't the use her vehicle, if she was the helper? A helper without a vehicle would be useless.

Okay, you knew it was coming./

I think that if it could be shown RFG tossed the laptop, the odds on foul play would drop a bit.

The blond. Potentially big, but possibly wrong.

No CC video cameras in the area, apparently, remember? Doubt Mrs. Butterworth has the money shot.
So you are going to have to decide: What did a tech. idiot need with a keyboard, a useless display screen and a $2 plastic case? :)

Laughing so hard I have tears.. Hey honey, what if the WIND blew a tad of that ash right back into the precious prized-mobile?
You know, kinda like you and the cop. :laughcry:

This is just a wee bit of Smoker's Forensics here !!! By opening the door, one creates an outward flow from the car...think of it in terms of Bernoulli's Principle, which addresses air flow between two objects, and differences in air pressure...the smoke will flow OUTward from the vehicle, ash and all. (ok, i know ur cracking up, but I AM trying to be serious here).

If you only knew how many times since being here, how I have wondered of this when I drive. No ashes on passenger floor, EVER. Once, i did a 'forensic smoke', sitting sideways, with the door open on that side, and I believe my hunch is correct.

May sound odd, but that ciggy ash has bothered me for a Long Time !!! Thanks for listening.

No CC video cameras in the area, apparently, remember? Doubt Mrs. Butterworth has the money shot.
So you are going to have to decide: What did a tech. idiot need with a keyboard, a useless display screen and a $2 plastic case? :)

I'm just talking about the drive, not the actual laptop. He can replace the drive, for less than $150.00.

This is just a wee bit of Smoker's Forensics here !!! By opening the door, one creates an outward flow from the car...think of it in terms of Bernoulli's Principle, which addresses air flow between two objects, and differences in air pressure...the smoke will flow OUTward from the vehicle, ash and all. (ok, i know ur cracking up, but I AM trying to be serious here).

If you only knew how many times since being here, how I have wondered of this when I drive. No ashes on passenger floor, EVER. Once, i did a 'forensic smoke', sitting sideways, with the door open on that side, and I believe my hunch is correct.

May sound odd, but that ciggy ash has bothered me for a Long Time !!! Thanks for listening.

I'm not laughing. :)

I'm just talking about the drive, not the actual laptop. He can replace the drive, for less than $150.00.

Why replace the drive...he's DONE with the laptop ! Being frugal, as we know RFG to be, he would need that $150 to buy something Nicey for his Sweetie Pie. :wink:

MR = Det. Matt Rickard, the lead investigator.

SW = Chief Shawn Weaver.

One person did make friends with someone a few years ago. That person posted that there was a witness to RFG "fiddling" with the laptop in Lewisburg. I'm not confirming or denying.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't tend to remember the ever- changing names of LE in this case.

Umm. if ALL the friend of a friend was able to get was that Ray was fiddling with his laptop, then someone was either too drunk, or someone wasn't quite drunk enough..OF COURSE HE FIDDLED WITH THE FREAKING LAPTOP. There was ONE screw to remove to get the HD out and the precious genius without a computer clue was fiddling with the screw.
IF he had bought a BMW instead of a Mini, he would have found a tool kit in the trunk to do all that techno work for him ;)
Man, y'all need a female to get this stuff out of those who know. :floorlaugh:

Bravo!!:candle: ( pretend that little candle is a ciggy).
However, what if Ray's window was down and there was a cross wind that day?

Are you still smoking? Do you know how bad that is for you? Do you need any assistance to stop?

One thing we have not discussed: The laptop was the property of Centre County. What IF they had decided to publish the serial number of the Microsystems laptop, and when tech- impaired Ray took it in somewhere to have the new HD installed ( because I KNOW he couldn't do it!!!), bam- caught because the tech- savvy installer checked the serial number.

The entire thing was a liability to him when he was on his way out of town. Drowning it was probably very smart now that I rethink the ownership...

One thing we have not discussed: The laptop was the property of Centre County. What IF they had decided to publish the serial number of the Microsystems laptop, and when tech- impaired Ray took it in somewhere to have the new HD installed ( because I KNOW he couldn't do it!!!), bam- caught because the tech- savvy installer checked the serial number.

The entire thing was a liability to him when he was on his way out of town. Drowning it was probably very smart now that I rethink the ownership...

I think he could do it. You don't even need to open the computer.

What if he was planning to come back?

He had been seen in Lewisburg with one, possibly two other women. PFo was mad as heck ( and I have gone back and reviewed all her TH segs. on ID-- she is very very angry). 911 had been called and helicopters were in the air before the weekend was over.
I'd say that IF he was planning to come back, he kinda screwed that up himself.. He and the young blonde...

Not that I think for one second that he drove 50 miles, destroyed a computer, had a thing going on with Mrs. Jones, just to go back to that house in Bellefonte that didn't bear his name. Uh uh, No way.
The details indicate to me that he planned a permanent leave-taking for a very long time. ONLY variable I see at this point may be/ probably is the woman...

Bravo!!:candle: ( pretend that little candle is a ciggy).
However, what if Ray's window was down and there was a cross wind that day?

Are you still smoking? Do you know how bad that is for you? Do you need any assistance to stop?

My 'Forensic Smoking' has revealed that BOTH windows were UP. Only the door on the passenger side was swung open, and Blondie sat sideways in the vehicle...most of smoke goes out the door (I am sure she was careful), and with her Bod out of the way, it is possible for a wee bit of ash to get on floor where her legs would be, if she had been facing FORward. Ok...time for Ciggie break...brb !

I think he could do it. You don't even need to open the computer.

The degree of concern and anxiety he demonstrated over the simple task of erasing/ overwriting his HD totally convinces me that he KNEW he had to erase the HD for a long time. And that a :bananalama: had a greater chance of successfully rebooting the computer.

Also, we remember now that the computer body wasn't his. It was CC property. Still is..

The degree of concern and anxiety he demonstrated over the simple task of erasing/ overwriting his HD totally convinces me that he KNEW he had to erase the HD for a long time.

Like I said, the computer body wasn't his. It was CC property. Still is..

Send the Summons to Centre County !!!

The degree of concern and anxiety he demonstrated over the simple task of erasing/ overwriting his HD totally convinces me that he KNEW he had to erase the HD for a long time. And that a :bananalama: had a greater chance of successfully rebooting the computer.

Also, we remember now that the computer body wasn't his. It was CC property. Still is..

What the heck, the best way to destroy/erase a hard drive is to hit it with a hammer. No need for that Level 7 Government Wipe Crapacola...of course that may NOT have been known circa 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose