IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #1

LE is reporting a miscommunication is why she was reported missing so late.

snip
Fries said there must have been some kind of miscommunication between the friend and the girl’s mother about where she was because a call about the girl being missing didn’t come in until 8:40 p.m.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/local/police-looking-for-missing-fw-girl#idc-cover

What time was the party? That's what's really throwing me off. I understand the miscommunication, but don't understand how Aliahana was missed if her siblings and mom? or someone was supposed to take them to a party. I'm still confused as to whether there really was a party or not and when it was supposed to occur.

Also, I think it was katydid' who posted about the comments upthread. thank you! They were plausible explanations as we seek answers to Aliahana's disappearance.

What time was the party? That's what's really throwing me off. I understand the miscommunication, but don't understand how Aliahana was missed if her siblings and mom? or someone was supposed to take them to a party. I'm still confused as to whether there really was a party or not and when it was supposed to occur.

Also, I think it was katydid' who posted about the comments upthread. thank you! They were plausible explanations as we seek answers to Aliahana's disappearance.

I don't know, I haven't heard what time the party was, my guess would be Friday evening.

Yes, some of the comments under the WANE news article are helpful in trying to understand the situation.

Wait. She was last seen early morning after a nightmare. Her siblings said she left between 6am and 10am that morning. Then she was reported missing at 8:40 PM, late evening, the following day?

Do I have that right?

If I have that right, and Aliahna is half blind, partially deaf, with PTSD (I have a feeling her condition with PSTD revolves around those issues) .. Why in the world would someone assume she walked over to her trailer without verifying that info all dang day?

I really hope my timeline is incorrect.

Northway Mobile Park, Fort Wayne, IN

http://g.co/maps/765ta

I don't believe I have ever been by that mhp. The road it is on dead ends into Leo Rd. or SR1 and takes you out of Ft. Wayne and I don't know anyone in that area. It looks so desolate and unincorporated but to the west is a large shopping area, fast food places, hospital and medical center. I had my youngest child at that hospital (Dupont) and take her to the dr. there, too. There are also other medical facilities that were just built to the north of Ali's home, Parkview Regional Medical Center. My husband is a carpenter and worked on it, he said he knows where the mhp park is as he often went to the gas station near it.

Wait. She was last seen early morning after a nightmare. Her siblings said she left between 6am and 10am that morning. Then she was reported missing at 8:40 PM, late evening, the following day?

Do I have that right?

If I have that right, and Aliahna is half blind, partially deaf, with PTSD (I have a feeling her condition with PSTD revolves around those issues) .. Why in the world would someone assume she walked over to her trailer without verifying that info all dang day?
I really hope my timeline is incorrect.

Yes, that is the timeframe LE is working with that she left on foot between 6-10am and was not reported missing until 8:40pm. BBM-that is what I would like to know! Sounds a bit hinky, huh?

I am going to look around for some news, I watched a report at 6:00 but there wasn't anything new and the other channel had football on.

I don't know, I haven't heard what time the party was, my guess would be Friday evening.

Yes, some of the comments under the WANE news article are helpful in trying to understand the situation.

BBM The grandmother is saying that she is prone to sleepwalking. I hope she will be found safe.

ETA I just read on the WANE thread that there are gravel pits and pooled water across the street from the trailer park, I hope they searched there with divers.

Yes, that is the timeframe LE is working with that she left on foot between 6-10am and was not reported missing until 8:40pm. BBM-that is what I would like to know! Sounds a bit hinky, huh?

I am going to look around for some news, I watched a report at 6:00 but there wasn't anything new and the other channel had football on.

Yes, a bit. I don't understand that at all, so far anyway. If the child, who has some obvious difficulties, just walked away sight unseen, why wouldn't the babysitter check that she made it home safely. That was a gap of 10 hours. This is very frustrating, imo.

The neighbor's comment said the family friend got up at 2am and calmed her down from a nightmare.
This article says she was in the home at 6am but does not say who saw her at that time. It is being said she left the home between 6am and 10am.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/local/police-looking-for-missing-fw-girl#idc-cover

I keep thinking if she left on her own and got lost she would have been found by now. I think dogs would have tracked her scent. :(

Quoting myself-this article says the friend saw Ali around 6am.

snip
The friend told police he saw Aliahna in his home around 6 a.m. Friday, but at 10 a.m. he saw a pile of her clothes by the chair where she had fallen asleep the night before. Police believe she was last in the home between those times, Fries said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-in-fortwayne-girlsea,0,4900510.story

Quoting myself-this article says the friend saw Ali around 6am.

snip
The friend told police he saw Aliahna in his home around 6 a.m. Friday, but at 10 a.m. he saw a pile of her clothes by the chair where she had fallen asleep the night before. Police believe she was last in the home between those times, Fries said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-in-fortwayne-girlsea,0,4900510.story

Okay so this sounds even more suspicious. I thought that the sister or friend SAW HER leaving the trailer that morning. And this says they just saw a pile of clothes. So all kinds of bad possibilities come to mind now.

Also, I have tried to avoid asking about this part. But supposedly the 3 girls were staying for the past week with this friend, because mom was sick. So how was mom picking them all up for this party? And why wouldn't the friend go and retrieve the girl if mom was supposed to be home resting?

BBM The grandmother is saying that she is prone to sleepwalking. I hope she will be found safe.

ETA I just read on the WANE thread that there are gravel pits and pooled water across the street from the trailer park, I hope they searched there with divers.

That's my fear if she is prone to sleepwalking.

Also, if I am in charge of a child and woke up and found out they were not there I would be in a complete panic. Why didn't the sitter call the mom and ask if she walked home instead of waiting to find out if she was went home when her mom came to pick them up for the b-day party FGS?? Especially one with special needs that is a known sleepwalker who will leave the home while sleeping? My hinky meter is starting to lean towards the red area.

SAME HERE!! I have babysat children since I was 18 years old and I am 27 now. If I EVER woke up to one of the kids missing while they were in my care I would legit freak out and start calling people right away trying to find them. Someone needs to get the story straight on their reporting. Maybe the police are not calling it an abduction because they like us suspect that someone in the home did something to her.

ETA LOL!! I meant to put 27 not 17!!

Okay so this sounds even more suspicious. I thought that the sister or friend SAW HER leaving the trailer that morning. And this says they just saw a pile of clothes. So all kinds of bad possibilities come to mind now.

Also, I have tried to avoid asking about this part. But supposedly the 3 girls were staying for the past week with this friend, because mom was sick. So how was mom picking them all up for this party? And why wouldn't the friend go and retrieve the girl if mom was supposed to be home resting?

Both. The sisters saw her leaving. The male friend described the above information. Apparently the male friend was sleeping? when the sisters saw Aliahna leave saying she was going to a party. So if what the sisters said was true, that would pretty much eliminate the possibility of sleep walking as mentioned up thread via comments.

also, the younger siblings may be too young to have given some kind of accurate time she left and may not have understood the dangers.

Still hoping this little one is found safe.

The neighbor commented that the family friend said the sister's told him Ali put her coat on, said she was going to the b-day party and walked out the door. As far as the pile of clothes the family friend saw at 10am by the chair she fell asleep in and assumed she was still there becase of them, why would he assume that? What was she wearing if there were clothes by the chair? I am :waitasec:.

Great questions!

Yeah and what is up with people just letting her leave like that? COME ON! If that was me and I knew the little girl had some problems I would walk her to the party not let her leave alone!

I don't know that it is that unsual to have not immediately been concerned if Aliahna frequently walked to and from her moms home and this male friend who was caring for the children. That alone doesn't stand out to me.

What does is why the male caretaker wouldn't have asked the younger siblings where their sister was in the am when he awoke to find her gone and made the assumption she walked to her moms. He should have learnt she said she went to a birthday party in the am and then called, wondered why mom didn't take all three siblings to the party?

Still very confused about this alleged party. Was it a party all 3? siblings were to attend? Or a party only one of the children was invited to, say a classmates.

ay yi yi.....

Neighbor lady commented Ali's mom went to pick up the girls for the party and the girl having the party is friends with all of them so I assume all 3 were to attend. JMO

Yeah and what is up with people just letting her leave like that? COME ON! If that was me and I knew the little girl had some problems I would walk her to the party not let her leave alone!

Only her younger siblings saw her leaving according to the information we have.

What (also) doesn't make sense is why her younger siblings didn't know to go wake up the male caregiver when their big sister was leaving to go to a party without mom. Surely the younger siblings were also aware they were to go to the party too and would have been eager to go and not be left behind if mom was taking big sister and not the littler ones, if all 3 were supposed to attend.

Young siblings tend to tell on each other a bit, so I am at a bit of a loss as to why the two younger siblings did not notify an adult when big sister just left.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
D4rckfire
Back