IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #1

There are so many things that don't make sense, but I'm wondering if maybe the girls had been expressly and explicitly instructed NOT to wake up the adult....

Just what crossed my mind.

I'm waiting for the media reports to even out a little more, these early reports are often very hard to follow and sometimes just as hard to find the actual truth in. MOO.

Only her younger siblings saw her leaving according to the information we have.

What (also) doesn't make sense is why her younger siblings didn't know to go wake up the male caregiver when their big sister was leaving to go to a party without mom. Surely the younger siblings were also aware they were to go to the party too and would have been eager to go and not be left behind if mom was taking big sister and not the littler ones, if all 3 were supposed to attend.

Young siblings tend to tell on each other a bit, so I am at a bit of a loss as to why the two younger siblings did not notify an adult when big sister just left.

And after the little sisters said that Alia was 'going to the party', why did the babysitter just assume she went home and made it there safely? She has some very difficult disabilities and disorders. And even if she didn't, she is only 9 yrs old. Why didn't anyone check with mom that she was there safe? That 8 to 10 hour gap in time really bothers me.

the grandmother said-you can not really tell if she is a wake or sleeping..I think her sisters probably thought she was awake when she left-but she might have actually been sleepwalking and they did not realize it.kids that age I would guess can not tell something like that!My daughter use to sleepwalk to and it was hard for me sometimes to tell whether she was awake or sleeping.
oh-I hope they find her

So was it her party dress she fell asleep in? Does that mean the party was the night before?

Even with mom having a fever, I still don't get why the kids were at the friends. There is a stepfather living with mom too.

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20111224/NEWS/111229709/1002/LOCAL

(snip)
That family friend last saw Aliahna sleeping in a chair in his home at 6 a.m. Friday, before he went to the Marathon gas station at North Clinton Street and Mayhew Road to buy a cigar, the sheriff said.
When the friend returned, he went back to sleep thinking Aliahna was still in the home. At 10 a.m., Aliahna’s mother and the friend spoke on the phone. After that call, the friend realized Aliahna was gone, and he assumed she was with her mother, Fries said.
Because of a lack of communication, Aliahna’s mother and the family friend did not realize that neither had the girl until about 8:40 p.m. That’s when they reported her missing, Fries said.

the grandmother said-you can not really tell if she is a wake or sleeping..I think her sisters probably thought she was awake when she left-but she might have actually been sleepwalking and they did not realize it.kids that age I would guess can not tell something like that!My daughter use to sleepwalk to and it was hard for me sometimes to tell whether she was awake or sleeping.
oh-I hope they find her

My son was the same way. He used to sleep walk and sleep 'talk.' One night late, when he was about 6, he came downstairs,and just looked at us, eyes open, looked normal. My DH says " What's up?" and sweetcakes just says
" I am going to go the bathroom." Okay, no problem. Then he takes a few steps forward, pulls down his PJ pants, and starts to pee in our big potted palm by the front window. LOL My hubby scooped him up and took him into the bathroom, and at some point he woke up for real and looked really confused.

eta: Poor kid is so sick of hearing us tell that story. We bring it out and dust it off during the holidays. lol

So was it her party dress she fell asleep in? Does that mean the party was the night before?

From what I understand so far, the party was scheduled for that afternoon or early evening. There was no reason for her to have the party dress on yet, other than a child's utter enthusiasm about going to the birthday celebration.

She may have been sleepwalking, or maybe just excited. I still have problems with the huge gap in time between her walking out that morning and the call to LE.

Why did this person leave three little girls all alone while he left to go buy a cigar?
Why did the mother leave these little girls there at night?? I can understand the friend helping maybe in the afternoons after school if she was home sick, but at night if there was a step parent available at night too?
PLEASE tell me they went IN the RSO's trailera and just didn't ASK about this little gal!!!

odd
just tears me up hearing about another mysterious disappearance of an innocent child

Not another dear child missing. I live about an hour and half from Ft Wayne and just now sat down to catch up on today's news.

I am a sleepwalker and talker. Not so much any more but was a regular occasion when I was younger. When I was about 2 or 3, I was down for a nap, got up, unlocked the front door and was found down the street by a neighbor. My mom was working in the kitchen and never even heard me. According to my family, you can not tell that I am actually sleep walking. And tell your son not to worry, I peed in the refrig one night (again sleep walking when I was a kid). After I got older, I still sleep walk and talk at times and only realize it when I wake up and confused with how and where I am. I totally get how this child could have been sleep walking. But really confused on the caregiver...

Who needs a cigar at 6 am?????????????????????????

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111224/NEWS/111229780

(snip)
According to news partner WANE-TV, the State Police conducted an aerial search with a helicopter, while the Fort Wayne Fire Department's Dive Team searched nearby ponds. Bloodhounds have been brought in to search, and the FBI is re-interviewing Aliahna's mother, a friend of the family where the girl was reportedly staying due to her mother's illness, the girl's stepfather and her two sisters.

Even with mom having a fever, I still don't get why the kids were at the friends. There is a stepfather living with mom too.

(snip)
That family friend last saw Aliahna sleeping in a chair in his home at 6 a.m. Friday, before he went to the Marathon gas station at North Clinton Street and Mayhew Road to buy a cigar, the sheriff said.
When the friend returned, he went back to sleep thinking Aliahna was still in the home. At 10 a.m., Aliahna’s mother and the friend spoke on the phone. After that call, the friend realized Aliahna was gone, and he assumed she was with her mother, Fries said.
Because of a lack of communication, Aliahna’s mother and the family friend did not realize that neither had the girl until about 8:40 p.m. That’s when they reported her missing, Fries said.

Okay, that's a bit hinky to me. This family friend woke at 6 am to go buy a cigar? Was he the only adult in the home? If so he left a couple young children home to go buy a cigar at 6 am? Then he goes back to bed? It might be nothing but makes me scratch my head. I don't smoke cigars so maybe that is common to get an urge for one that early in the morning?:waitasec:

Okay, that's a bit hinky to me. This family friend woke at 6 am to go buy a cigar? Was he the only adult in the home? If so he left a couple young children home to go buy a cigar at 6 am? Then he goes back to bed? It might be nothing but makes me scratch my head. I don't smoke cigars so maybe that is common to get an urge for one that early in the morning?:waitasec:

yes, he lives alone.

snip
Fries said the family friend, who is about 40 years old and lives alone, shared his mobile home with Aliahna's grandfather, who died early this month. The friend is not a sex offender, the sheriff said.

Yeah I couldn't see the comments about an hour ago. I agree with smittles. The hink meter is going full force on this one.....

"She was still at his home around 6 a.m. Friday, but at 10 a.m. he saw a pile of her clothes by that chair and assumed she was still there.
Police believe she left the home on foot between those times."
From Twall's link above and bbm.
I wonder what makes them think she left by foot?

"She was still at his home around 6 a.m. Friday, but at 10 a.m. he saw a pile of her clothes by that chair and assumed she was still there.
Police believe she left the home on foot between those times."
From Twall's link above and bbm.
I wonder what makes them think she left by foot?

I believe the little sisters said she put her coat on and said she was going o a party and left out the door.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back