IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me think of Tyler Dasher's grandmom giving his crib to the local charity that supports mothers in distress....

We all cope differently I guess...

I could certainly understand the sentiment of wanting a deceased child's things to go to a child who still has life and hope. It is something akin to organ transplants in the emotional aspect.

But to send them to storage because you don't want to see them as a reminder? I'm thinking the "reminders" are more reminders of the parent's own failings. The younger children may also be asking questions "someone" doesn't want to explain. Or maybe someone is annoyed at seeing others' reaction of grief and shock and just doesn't want the "guilt trip" at not having the same capacity to feel? I don't know; these are just questions and possibilities.

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20111228/LOCAL07/312289939

Michael Plumadore had been back in the Northway mobile home park just months when he was arrested Monday on a murder charge.

Plumadore lived with the late James "Shorty" Lemmon off and on for four years at the mobile home park at North Clinton Street and Diebold Road, neighbor Jerry Smead said. Plumadore also had at least seven known residences in the past decade – including in Florida and North Carolina.

Lemmon, who died Dec. 3, had asked Plumadore to live with him and help with his deteriorating health. After Lemmon's death, Plumadore stayed in the mobile home.

Mike Tulley, a neighbor, said James Lemmon had a number of health issues including emphysema, and Plumadore had cared for the ailing man since August. Plumadore considered Lemmon a father figure, Tulley says.

so if he took care of the father, why did TS say she took care of her dad and moved there ???? Did I miss something?

I'm wondering if the trailer was left to Plumadore from the GF? I'm wondering how he was going to pay the lot rent, or even the trailer rent. I know people in trailers and sometimes the trailer is free and you just pay the lot rent, or you pay off your trailer and you just have to pay the lot rent.

PassionFlower-
The mother did ask the dad about the SOs in the area. Just the fact that she asked if her kids would be safe to me means that it did cross her mind. I'm thinking she didn't think the decision through with moving so close to sex offenders or was just going by what her father said that it was okay and the kids were safe.
Keep in mind too and as far as I know, Plumadore wasn't a RSO. IMO he probably just hadn't been caught yet.
I too and beginning to wonder if there is something else going on here with the kids and the mother giving them away for money or something. It's like she gave Aliahna to the neighbor because she was partially deaf and blind. He could probably do some things to her while she was sleeping without her even realizing it at first. I'm also wondering about the medications.

uummm........

just a quick question.........

Who's paying for this storage unit?

'nuff said?

mkay. bye.

Earlier this morning, I linked an article that said the family moved from Hagerston, IN in July 2011. (I think it was Hagerston, IN.) Apparently, the family had friends there still, as the school feels it is necessary to bring in grief counselors for the kids when school resumes.

Down towards Indy - got it....

Just as an ODD coincidence for me personally, when BIL and the other 12 or so people crashing in their trailer realized the police were catching onto them, they all moved to Indy....

GAH.....

Mom has the flu so Mom sends the girls off to "Uncle" Mike's. She then had time to spend on the computer, (just what I inferred from reading here). Mom is overcome with grief at Ali's vigil and is "temporarily" paralyzed. Ali has not yet been laid to rest but Mom has Ali's belongings packed up because she can't bear to look at them.

Afterall, this is all about Mom isn't it? I'm guessing that was the case all along and this is not new behavior as far as Mom's needs coming before the childrens.

JMO & I am often wrong.

--prior to the packing up of "stuff" yesterday----at least FBI did get a good look in the mom's trailer. right around the time mike was confessing over in his.

http://www.wtoc.com/story/16395808/fbi-joins-search-for-missing-indiana-girl?clienttype=printable

--Dec.26/2011--

FBI agents also were outside a trailer identified by the girl's step-grandfather, David Story, as her mother Tarah Souder's home. A box truck was backed up to the mobile home Monday night, and a sheriff's official said a forensics team was sweeping the trailer looking for evidence such as hairs and fibers.

Across the street more than 100 people gathered at a candlelight vigil and prayed for the girl's safe return. Story cried briefly as he thanked the crowd for their support.

I feel so bad for the WS members here that have lost a loved one/been a victim of a crime. I really want to hug you all. I am totally disgusted at this "Mom". My guess would be that the moving of stuff has to do with CPS. "You have such and such time to get this placed cleaned up"

About 10 years ago, DH and I lived in an apartment and I had noticed a little neighbor girl outside in shorts, playing by herself, and was only about 6. It was like 40's or low 50's. I stopped by the apartment office and reported to the resident sheriff what i had
noticed. He was off duty but immediately wen and checked on the situation. The apartment was trashed and the kids were sent to gma's. They were told they had "such and such time" to get the place cleaned up. You would not believe the amount of boxes and trash that came out of that place.

Again just MOO

My dad hired a live-in nurse when he had surgery, and she turned out to be a recovering junkie - who went off the wagon at my dad's place. In less than a month, this chick destroyed his home (not to mention stripped his bank account tied to the ATM, stole and wrecked his car, and left him in bed, alone and unable to move for 2 days!)

When I found him - almost dead - the place was disgusting. Every dish in the house was dirty, there was trash everywhere and even used feminine hygiene products and used hypodermic needles lying around. I have never seen anything like it in my life.

My poor dad had no idea, because he was confined to his bed, and other than stealing his pain meds (and occasionally changing his dressing and helping him to the bathroom) she never went in his room.

I would never have believed that a home could be so disgusting that CPS would take kids away for just that, until I saw it myself first-hand. If she and her druggie pals could do that to a huge condo in 3 weeks, I can imagine what someone could do in a few months with 6 kids in a trailer.

I do not understand how this little girl ended up living in this particular trailer park. I mean - I know about her grandfather and all that - but it's pretty clear that all the SO's were open knowledge there, right? The mom even discussed it with her dad before she moved in.

So, what on earth would prompt a mother to move her little girl, who had been sexually abused by at least two different men just a year earlier to even consider bringing her child there? I am not mom-bashing (yet), I am seriously confused by how this could have happened.

I am wondering if there is something way more evil (if that's possible) going on here.

"Aliahna’s stepgrandfather said at a candlelight vigil Monday that the girl suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder brought by abuse she suffered on two different occasions last year in Iowa. Story said the people who were responsible were caught by police, but he had no other details.

He said Aliahna felt bad about telling on the men because she didn’t want them to get in trouble."
http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20111228/LOCAL07/312289983/1002/LOCAL

I don't think the mom was pimping her out. That would actually take time, energy and attention. The two men that molested her in Iowa -- and she didn't want to tell because she didn't want to get them in trouble -- were probably friends of the mom. I know people like this. We call them riff raff. Lowlife scum that are friends with other lowlife scum and bring their children into it. These people will leave their kids with anyone. They think everyone is their 'friend' because they drink or smoke dope together. They really just don't have an investment in the well being of their children. It is not a priority.

Down towards Indy - got it....

Just as an ODD coincidence for me personally, when BIL and the other 12 or so people crashing in their trailer realized the police were catching onto them, they all moved to Indy....

GAH.....

--"Donjeta" corrected that to Hagerstown, Maryland.

http://www.herald-mail.com/news/hm-girl ... 3850.story

Girl brutally slain in Indiana had lived in Hagerstown
--snipped--
A 9-year-old girl whose body police allege was dismembered by a man in Fort Wayne, Ind., last week attended Winter Street Elementary School in Hagerstown.

Aliahna Lemmon was a student at Winter Street Elementary School from January to June 2011, Washington County Public Schools spokesman Richard Wright said.

I could certainly understand the sentiment of wanting a deceased child's things to go to a child who still has life and hope. It is something akin to organ transplants in the emotional aspect.

But to send them to storage because you don't want to see them as a reminder? I'm thinking the "reminders" are more reminders of the parent's own failings. The younger children may also be asking questions "someone" doesn't want to explain. Or maybe someone is annoyed at seeing others' reaction of grief and shock and just doesn't want the "guilt trip" at not having the same capacity to feel? I don't know; these are just questions and possibilities.

Yeah, I didn't mean to say that Tyler's grandmom's donation was inappropriate...I really try not to judge the variation of how we as human pass through the stages of grief or how it manifests itself along the way...

I do *feel* that the donation of his crib was meaningful for his grandmom especially the charity she chose. We also know that LE said teh grandmom was not home at the time her daughter beat him to death so we have that as well....

HERE, with this case, who the heck knows who knew what yet..all I can say is WOW.....

It sounds like the mother moved from Hagerstown to be with the dad because he was having trouble with his lungs. Knowing she was moving in a SO infested trailer park she asked her dad if the kids would be safe (remember not all SOs are child molesters and pedophiles).

Why they didn't move out after he died, I'm not sure. If it were me I would definitely have my kids out of there (they wouldn't be there in the first place).
They could have been in the process of moving, but in all honesty I think the mother was pawning off the kids on someone else. You don't give your kids to someone else just because you have the flu. In that case, your boyfriend has to step up and help take care of the kids and you have to fight through it.
Also just because the neighbor wasn't on the SO list IMO means he just didn't get caught yet. Why would he be attracted to a trailer park that was full of SOs then? People usually prefer not to deal with those types of people.

I live in Hagerstown MD and if anyone has any questions let me know. I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be anything different reported here then there is there, but I'll let you guys know.

What's bad is that it isn't even a boyfriend, it is her husband and the father of one of the six year olds that was staying with MP, too...
I know he works third shift, but still, there is no reason that the kids couldn't have been at home at least a few hours a day. IMO.

These people are a breed of their own. Lots of them around here. In and out of jail. They live in filth. Change partners like changing the tv channel. There will be children with different dads/moms all living in the same house. One woman has kids by two men that are brothers. When the first brother went to jail, she got together with the second and had another kid. They move frequently and leave behind a house full of garbage. They have nothing, they care about nothing except day-to-day existence. By that I mean they are not struggling to survive - they don't plan for or worry about the future.

I suppose the step kids stayed home because that's what the dad wanted.

People around here leave their kids unattended at the library or park for hours. It's not because they are too trusting either - it's because they are too busy with themselves. Sad but true.

That would work, except that one of the girls was the stepfathers (TS husband). He didn't just keep his kids home, all three girls, TS's bios and her stepdaughter, were sent to MP.

I figure this has already been posted. I'm trying to catch up. They are getting rid of A's things and taking them to storage. The mother can't stand to be around them now. Hmmm. That's really fast IMO to get rid of her things.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111229/NEWS/111229666

Thanks for posting that article. Fascinating. Seems most people preserve their child's room, etc...which can often last years and be over the top...and this woman reacts like this. It's just different, especially the timing. Also how much could a [low income, living in trailer, sleeping on lazy-boys] little girl have to put in storage? idk, I shared EVERYTHING with my 3 sisters who are ~about" the same age as me... (toys, games, clothes) it's negligible if even my undies were actually "mine" -

I think of little Shaniya and what her mother did for drugs, is this what also happened in this case to 3 little girls?
WHY would a man want to care for 3 little girls for a week???
Does not make sense to me.

3 little girls.

Sent two doors down to stay.

To stay in a mobile home where their RSO grandpa had just died not 3 weeks earlier.

A mobile home where a single male with a questionable past was also staying.

These girls had their own beds - not 2 doors down. WHY WHY WHY have them spend the nights there? No idea. None. They could have been brought home at any time during the evening/night to sleep. Said "questionable background" babysitter could have walked the TWO DOORS DOWN to get them in the mornings.

There is SO MUCH MORE to this case. Why these 3 little girls couldn't sleep in their own beds just TWO DOORS DOWN is not logical. The question arises as to just what was going on in their house TWO DOORS DOWN at night that they couldn't be there? In their own beds? Instead, sent to sleep on the floor two doors down.

Wonder if anyone saw a bed coming out to be put in storage?

This case makes me sick to my stomach - literally. I haven't felt this sick since Zahra.

Not sure I want to hear what is going to be said tomorrow. Well, maybe - if they decide to charge "mom" with neglect or endangerment.

JMHO

It took me well over a year to clean out my hubbie's possessions. We were together 34 years and I couldn't part with his stuff. Still wear my wedding ring also. I could never part with my dead child's things this quickly.
I'm glad someone already mentioned a plea deal. This guy has confessed. Even if given the DP it will take years of appeals to reach the end. I want him to man-up and plead guilty and take LWOP. I am a death penalty advocate but hate the thought of a jury seeing pictures of Ali. I would have nightmares the rest of my life!!!! Put the guy in prison and throw away the key!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal