GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that I read someplace that they are trying to search ahead of a big storm coming in?

The shoe was recovered in a ditch on the corner of Holly Street and Ninth Avenue, adjacent to the Sidney Sugar factory. Ninth Avenue, commonly known as the "truck route," is a place where Sherry commonly jogs and where thousands of semi trucks and vehicles pass through on their way to the oil fields.

Burnison noted, "There was stuff found on her shoe that we have collected as evidence."

http://www.krtv.com/news/fbi-joins-search-for-missing-sidney-teacher/

Many serious runners carry a watch-thingie that records their time, pace, ~ROUTE~ and other good things. Some device manufacturers even have a website where a runner can upload their data and review it later.

Wonder if Sherry carried a Garmin or Nike+ or something of that nature that might show her usual routes - not that she'd uploaded the data from when she went missing, but maybe knowing her usual routes would help?

I've been a runner all my life, and ran cross-country and track through college. I use the free tools on mapmyrun.com to plan and keep track of my routes. It has been especially helpful since I moved into a new town, because with a little basic knowledge of local landmarks I can use it to sketch out routes with known distances, whereas otherwise I would probably drive around a lot trying to get a sense of the roads and trails. I know that some of my FB friends post their workouts to FB using the same site. I personally don't do it, because I'm paranoid about being stalked or something. :crazy: just an idea of something to check into.

The shoe was recovered in a ditch on the corner of Holly Street and Ninth Avenue, adjacent to the Sidney Sugar factory. Ninth Avenue, commonly known as the "truck route," is a place where Sherry commonly jogs and where thousands of semi trucks and vehicles pass through on their way to the oil fields.

Burnison noted, "There was stuff found on her shoe that we have collected as evidence."

When I read this on Fox News, my first thought was "she was hit and killed by a car while jogging and whoever hit her, took and hid/disposed of her body." - Whenever someone is hit by a car, news crew cameras always focus on the shoe laying in the road.

What ever happened to Sherry, I hope her family gets closure.

This might explain why they haven't shown the shoe, just the tread.

Oil?
Sugar goo?

Nothing that would have gotten on the shoe while jogging. JMO

Ccane (nice to see you) ... About the shoe coming off -- several people commented that their running shoes do not come off easily for example, using the heel and toe method some use to get shoes off. In a struggle, if someone had grabbed her by the foot (her kicking back and a shoe coming loose is what I'm picturing) or if she were struck by a vehicle? I'm not sure what the outcome.

JVM covering the story now on HLN. Gary Arnold on the phone with Jane. Cold and snow coming to the area that might hamper further searches. Two people may have seen her that morning at 6:30 and 6:40. Sherry usually ran for a half hour. Sherry has had surgery for cancer in her foot. JVM tells Gary that he is very brave to remain so level-headed at this time.

Husband on jvm just said he wasn't even home when she left, and said she doesn't run every day, let alone the same route.

Could she have been having trouble with one of her students?

Husband on jvm just said he wasn't even home when she left, and said she doesn't run every day, let alone the same route.

Just when you think the hinky meter won't go off, someone talks.

eta
The search for algebra teacher Sherry Arnold, 43, focused on a 10-square-mile area north of the town of Sidney near the North Dakota border. That's in the general vicinity of the roadside ditch where Arnold's shoe was discovered Saturday along one of her running routes.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4592606.../teacher-disappears-while-running-shoe-found/

I can understand having more than one route -- different terrain and traffic pattern for time of day. But we have heard from Boilly that she was a dedicated runner ...

Just when you think the hinky meter won't go off, someone talks.

If Gary wasn't home at the time, then he didn't see her leave the house to go running. So, who knows WHEN she left or even IF she went running?

There I was thinking that the husband might have had time to leave the house but surely the teens would have said so ... and now the husband says he was not at the house when she left.

Did he say where he was? Saturday morning at 6:30 a.m.

If Gary wasn't home at the time, then he didn't see her leave the house to go running. So, who knows WHEN she left or even IF she went running?

And how can they know for sure what she wearing? Her husband said she told him the night b4 she was going to sleep in the next day, so he went out for a walk at 5:30 am and when he came back at 6:30 she was already gone on her run. He goes out walking in the pitch dark?

And how can they know for sure what she wearing? Her husband said she told him the night b4 she was going to sleep in the next day, so he went out for a walk at 5:30 am and when he came back at 6:30 she was already gone on her run. He goes out walking in the pitch dark?

My "stinky" meter is beginning to kick in, and I'm not talking about dirty socks or running shoes :wink:

woah! just woah!

I guess they based her clothing description on what is missing from the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePoloBear