CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, canada411 shows a PK in Brantford (first initial only, and unknown whether it is the same PK). It is about 5 blocks from the abandoned farmhouse where DLS was living, and Bing shows the route from that Brantford addy to AG's would take one directly past the farmhouse.

FWIW, canada411 shows a PK in Brantford (first initial only, and unknown whether it is the same PK). It is about 5 blocks from the abandoned farmhouse where DLS was living, and Bing shows the route from that Brantford addy to AG's would take one directly past the farmhouse.

sillybilly I'm confused - are you suggesting that PK was also in the barn where DLS often stayed? Or are you suggesting that PK knew DLS sort of well?

Thanks.....

Looking back again - for our new members and to remind all of us:

LINK http://johnhartig.info/12-headlines.html

Whoever you are, if they catch you and if you’re reading this in prison, I think you should know the value of the human life you took. She had a brain and you were homeless. Why were you homeless? Why didn’t you do something with your life? Why ever did you murder a nice old lady who was defenseless?

In my opinion, the REAL killer is NOT 'homeless'. Not at all..........

:twocents:

More looking back and how Steve Hrab bungled the case:

LINK http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/596949--audrey-s-case-gets-colder

As for Audrey's friend, Phil Kinsman, he enrolled in the PhD engineering program at McMaster, presented a paper at a conference in San Diego in June, and put the final touches on his master's thesis. (The subject matter: computational acceleration for medical imaging — speeding up testing for a CT scan, for example.)

He had already been interviewed by police, and ruled out as a suspect by Steve Hrab early in the investigation.

But in mid-August police asked him to take a polygraph test — lie detector — and he agreed. A detective told him flat out that he was a person of interest. Phil understood why police were spending time with him.

“To some extent I can understand it, because I had opportunity. I gather that's all you need for them to declare you a person of interest.”

For most questions, police request one-word answers when administering a polygraph.

“Did you kill Audrey Gleave?” he was asked.

“No.”

“Did you cause her physical harm?”

“No.”

“Do you know who killed Audrey?”

“No.”

“Were you present when she died?”

“No.”

Phil asked the detectives some questions of his own. Were they talking to other persons of interest?

“That's one question they would not answer for me,” he said. “It's frustrating, because they share so little information but they expect so much.”

More about DLS is in the article. It seems that LE concentrated far too much time on the wrong guy!

How sad..........:juggle::panic::juggle:

That's very interesting sillybilly regarding PK address and the route - makes me wonder how easily influenced DLS might be. Not to commit this crime, but he was seen in the washroom of a bank with a knife when he was first arrested - wonder who reported seeing the knife first?

I recall a news video (cannot find now) where a Brantford resident said DLS was well known around town and he frequented the churches for meals, etc. Many people knew of him that he did not necessarily know well.

Although it is a shame when the wrong person is arrested,I understand why it can happen sometimes...
http://www.schizophrenia.com/family/viol.htm

I understand what you mean dotr, but please look at this:

LINK http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/10/21/us-schizophrenia-strangers-idUSTRE59K4J620091021

People with schizophrenia are responsible for a disproportionate number of homicides; while they account for about 0.5 percent of the world's population, they are estimated to commit 6.5 percent of homicides worldwide, according to Dr. Olav Nielssen of the University of Sydney in Australia, the lead researcher on the new study.

Most of the victims, though, are family members, Nielssen told Reuters Health in an email, and in nearly half of these cases, the person's schizophrenia had never been treated.

sillybilly I'm confused - are you suggesting that PK was also in the barn where DLS often stayed? Or are you suggesting that PK knew DLS sort of well?

Thanks.....

Merely an observation at this point. Can't really suggest or imply anything unless we knew it to be one and the same PK or possibly a relative. But yes, if DLS and PK somehow knew each other, that would open up an interesting avenue of thought.

Sorry for posting again, but just finished reading this deeply moving story about a Lithuanian artist living in Hamilton.
http://www.thespec.com/feature/article/658833--still-life

"Still life

The Spectator’s Jon Wells tells of a Hamilton woman who survived two occupying armies, a trudge across Poland, a Nazi labour camp and tragedy. Her art has helped her cope and saved her life, at least once

Special to The Hamilton..

"The teenager jimmied the back door of the Mountain home, probably giving no thought to who lived there. He stole CDs, a carton of smokes, prescription painkillers.

Another day he tried to hit it again. Except a broom handle had been wedged on the other side of the door. He kicked it. Someone opened the door.

A small woman stood there, 80 years old, with a round face and white hair.

No one ever knows the lives that exist in others"

Margaret Atwood had this advice concerning writing stories that apply perfectly imo to solving this murder.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/feb/20/ten-rules-for-writing-fiction-part-one
"9 Don't sit down in the middle of the woods. If you're lost in the plot or blocked, retrace your steps to where you went wrong. Then take the other road. And/or change the person. Change the tense. Change the opening page."

Since I'm still thinking that SL and AG (possibly SV as well) are related, thought I'd post this here:

LINK http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120123/120123_sexual_assault/20120123/?hub=CP24Home

The 46-year-old woman was walking east on south sidewalk of Dundas when a man approached from behind and began yelling at her.

She turned around and walked through the parking lot, but the man followed her and sexually assaulted her, police said Monday.

The suspect fled when a bystander came to the woman's aid, police said.

No one has been arrested.

Police said the male suspect is white, in his 30s and about six feet tall with a medium build. He was wearing blue jeans and a dark jacket

[video=youtube;Hebr_OyKALY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hebr_OyKALY[/video]

Thinking of AG's new convection oven. In the new house we bought in late 2011, my husband insisted we get a convection oven! We've never had one before; I didn't know anything about it.

I've learned that it works (cooks/bakes) very quickly compared with our older oven.

Questions:
1. WHY would AG have a convection oven installed in her old house?

2. WHY would someone who (paraphrasing) according to PK, ' didn't like to cook/bake'?

3. HOW are we to believe what PK told us/Jon Wells regarding the new oven?

4. WAS the guy who installed the new oven really (paraphrasing) ' rude to Audrey'?

In my humble opinion, none of this makes sense!:waitasec:

Also from the site amron used (IF WE ARE NOT PERMITTED TO QUOTE FROM THE OTHER SITE, MODS PLEASE KINDLY DELETE MY POST. THANKS!)

LINK - http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=4489.120

All of this from PK struck me:

Although there is too much info to relay, the following points were provided by PK:

Audrey's friend and executor LV was the sole beneficiary of AG's estate.

Early in the investigation, PK was interviewed extensively and he supplied a DNA sample which is "distinct" from any crime scene evidence.*************

LE searched his person, his car, measured him and his shoes and photographed them. He was cleared by Hrag.[sic]***********

He thinks it is highly unlikely that DLS is responsible. WHY DOES HE SAY THIS?????

The new focus by LE in August was a drastic shift and pressure was put on people who knew AG well, including him.

AG had her shoes on, (plus clothes and coat) but no purse or keys in the garage.

He has always felt it likely that AG knew or was expecting a visit from her attacker.************

In the last month of her life, her mailbox was smashed in: and one new serviceman had been in her house.

His visit with the cake (requested by AG as a Xmas gift) was prearranged with AG on Xmas day, by phone for the Thursday delivery.

He was the person who accompanied LE to see if any items were missing from the house (Didn't say if anything was missing..wasn't asked)********

Re time of death..there was no mess in the house re dog urine or feces.

AG's face was of normal colour.IS THIS POSSIBLE???

911 operator insisted that he go back and take her pulse, although he told her he thought she was dead and didn't want to go back in garage.********

He was the only person who had keypad number to open garage doors, as far as he knows. ??????????????

He doesn't know where AG got the link to the Amazing Grace video. (a forum member found another one recommended on a BaptistBoard site. PK and wife are "Christians").******

Re polygraph test..he said the results were inconclusive.***************

Some new stuff here. I'm still not believing every word PK has said.

Might I add also from amron’s link and attributed to his WS postings that PK said he knew she was dead because of the way her body was contorted.

And when asked on WS about the sexual component PK said quote...”Suffice it to say that it was visually obvious by observing the crime scene".

I thought I was following the case but I need to go review all of PK’s posts.

Meantime, this case shows that if you kill an elderly woman, you might also attack a younger one. DNA stings!
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2012/01/27/19302756.html
"Murderer to executioner: 'This stuff stings, man'

By Corrie MacLaggan, Reuters "

In 2010, Michigan investigators said DNA evidence linked Hernandez to the 1991 murder of Muriel Stoepker, 77, of Grand Rapids, but that he would not be tried because he was already on death row in Texas."

http://www.680news.com/news/local/a...earching-for-potential-fraudster-in-pickering
"They have been varying from door to door. At times, he is trying to make inquiries or business transactions regarding home-alarm security systems," Sgt. Van Rooy explained. "Other reports indicate he's also trying to sell water heaters."

Police said at this point no crime has been committed, but they are suspicious of his actions"

Is AG's murder still being actively investigated? It's seems they have a lot of decent clues, and possibly even some connected crimes, but I have a terrible feeling that after that first botched arrest, this is starting to go into Cold Case territory. Although I do realize CA usually likes to play their cards close to the vest, especially compared to the US, where it seems our news reporters publish every piece of information they can find, sometimes to the detriment of an investigation.

I have been conflicted about if I should even bring up the following, but a few weeks ago, I noticed that a composite sketch in a similar case discussed here seems to look quite a bit like a person connected to AG's case. Has anyone else been thinking on this or am I reading too much into it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz