State vs Jason Young 2-17-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought she said "Daddy did it, boo, boos everywhere".

I heard it as "She's got a boob - she's got boo-boos everywhere and she's got-"

I heard it as she started to say a boo-boo and then switched to boo-boos everywhere.

Nobody testified at the hearing ... "he" refers to the prosecutor.

The preschool teacher testified. What do you mean 'nobody testifed?' *She* gave testimony and a demonstration.

two things..\First..only 3 human form little dolls..she chose one to represent her mommy poneytailed darkhaired..second slightly larger whitehaired doll..the only remaining doll was a Doctor..and even at 2 she recognizes the difference..Doctors are GOOD....\\
Second..the ony way a 2 year old can express herself is play using whatever she has at her disposal..She had a bin of 3 humanlike figure (she didnt pick any non-humans) and she knew that mommy was being hurt (boo boo;s)

Even at her tender age she wanted to help her mommy..she even put her fav dollay beside her..that about broke my heart..then she got put to bed..with Adult Tylenol Blast liquid....without diaper.. (Maybe JY wished CY got an overdose)..bottome line..CY saw her mother dead, bloodied and left her fav doll with her!!

I don't recall stating anything much different. I have always assumed that CY brought her doll to make her mom feel better.

Yes there was only 3 human like figures.

To expect a jury that has seen footprints of a child all over a rug and in a bathroom would be to me an insult to their intelligence to think this child did not see more than was presented.

I do take issue with it being stated as a fact this child was drugged as I have seen no tests presented which prove that in fact she did have medication in her system.

My heart breaks for this child as I am sure it does for many of the posters here or we would not be posting in this thread.

Simply go to page 26 of this thread, or if this link works for you, http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/02/17/1863147/doll-play-by-jason-youngs-daughter.html it's right there. Tell me that "older woman" might not pass for an adult male, not unlike her father. Tall, thin, light hair. But, I'll concede it was also allegedly the most person-like of the group of dolls in the bucket. Nonetheless, one more very coincidental aspect of the crime, and every single one is to Jason Young's detriment. Or, if I may, Occam's razor.

Thank you ... I had long day and finally checked back with the afternoon testimony about an hour ago ... I missed lots by the looks of things.

The preschool teacher testified. What do you mean 'nobody testifed?' *She* gave testimony and a demonstration.

What type of training does she have regarding this type of inquiry ... or can anyone do that sort of thing in NC: use and interpret dolls to communicate details of traumatic events.

What type of training does she have regarding this type of inquiry ... or can anyone do that sort of thing in NC: use and interpret dolls to communicate details of traumatic events.

The daycare worker did not set up the toys and interpret. CY chose to play with them and she walked up and observed. I guess the jurors will be able to interpret if she was mimicking what she saw or not....

OT: I should not have just read up on the BTK murders. I will not be sleeping tonight *shivers*

That was interesting ... and the judge's ruling is also interesting. It seems to give the prosecution the opportunity to establish that the child may have witnessed the murder ... and I suppose from there the prosecution can find an expert to testify that only a father would murder the mother and leave the 2 year old alive.

Daycare worker said that there were about 10 dolls in the box, but only 3 were people like dolls. The other ones were the little fat round people without arms and legs. So she picked out the mommy looking doll and a tall blond doll......

My youngest daughter is 23 now, and the oldest, .....40, lol, but I recall the little fat dolls with no arms you described, I thought they were 'weebles,' or something similar to that name. They have a head and body, clothes painted on, and the rounded bottom. Very cute and durable. And I loved that doll house type they had on display, all one piece and just open it up. Our oldest got one of those metal type ones that you had to assemble. Santa was very tired that Christmas day! :) By the time the younger girls came along, Santa went to a different workshop and got one like they had in court today.

JMHO,
fran

I wonder what the weapon was ... I doubt it was a chair, but it must have been something large like a chair or furniture?

I don't recall stating anything much different. I have always assumed that CY brought her doll to make her mom feel better.

Yes there was only 3 human like figures.

To expect a jury that has seen footprints of a child all over a rug and in a bathroom would be to me an insult to their intelligence to think this child did not see more than was presented.

I do take issue with it being stated as a fact this child was drugged as I have seen no tests presented which prove that in fact she did have medication in her system.

My heart breaks for this child as I am sure it does for many of the posters here or we would not be posting in this thread.

Im sorry sweet pea..I did not say she was drugged..only that she had been given TylenolBlast (and adult liquid) pictures available on WRAL site from her bedroom..

Actual pharmocological evidence has not been testified to yet.BUt do understand any child that age is quite suseptible to OD ..This is adult liquid..and whomever gave her it (seen in her med spoon) could conceivably given far to much..She was 2 years and likely under 30 pounds..So hey..Not appropriate medication given regardless of intent..Negligence at the very least!!

OT ... but for those that are interested ... the second prince in the Dutch royal family was in an avalanche in Austria. Doesn't look good.

My youngest daughter is 23 now, and the oldest, .....40, lol, but I recall the little fat dolls with no arms you described, I thought they were 'weebles,' or something similar to that name. They have a head and body, clothes painted on, and the rounded bottom. Very cute and durable. And I loved that doll house type they had on display, all one piece and just open it up. Our oldest got one of those metal type ones that you had to assemble. Santa was very tired that Christmas day! :) By the time the younger girls came along, Santa went to a different workshop and got one like they had in court today.

JMHO,
fran

Hahah...well my children just had the plain blue and red cute little people with painted faces. Your children had the fancy painted clothes ones!!
I do think CY is a bright little girl at the age of 2 1/2...out of all the dolls, even the cute round ones..she picked the two that most resembled her parents. :waitasec:

JMHO,
fran

This as well brings back many memories to me of my daughter and I. We would spend hours looking at the various accessories and over the years eventually purchased them all. To this day even at 22 it sits on it's own shelf and even at 22 soon to be 23 is still a topic of discussion between her friends and myself. This is one of many aspects that MY will never be able to share with her daughter.....

That was interesting ... and the judge's ruling is also interesting. It seems to give the prosecution the opportunity to establish that the child may have witnessed the murder ... and I suppose from there the prosecution can find an expert to testify that only a father would murder the mother and leave the 2 year old alive.

This is just from what I interpreted from the judge's statement today, but he said something like, 'it's up to the jury to interpret why or who would leave a witness, this child alive if they knew they witnessed the crime (or murder).'

May not be exact but basically the judge said that it would be up to the jurors to decide if this had any bearing on the crime. He didn't allow her statements after she woke up from the nap because he said that was different. It was the same day, but the child was talking and jumping around subjects, and judge said that couldn't be applied or whatever, here (meaning testimony in court, or to this crime...it could have been a dream she was talking about).

JMHO
fran

Was this a situation where a professional was with the child and she brought a box of 10 dolls and completed an objective analysis, or was this 10 dollls in a box at daycare and a daycare worker interpreting what the child did with the dolls? I'm unclear on that ... but if it was a professional, then I would assume the 10 dolls were normally used during that type of inquiry. If a daycare worker is interpreting and documenting child behavior ... I'd sure like to know more about that employee's training and expertise in the practice of interpretive doll play with children. Where does "the cow is in the barn and daddy gave me a fruit rollup" come in?

In your post #658 you state you just watched the hearing. Now your talking like you have no clue what is going on !

I wonder what the weapon was ... I doubt it was a chair, but it must have been something large like a chair or furniture?
<mod snip>
Betcha if a doll sized ball bat was a choice in the little house, it would have been used in her play.

The child MAY have witnessed the murder ? Seriously, she picked out pieces from the doll house and doll collection at her pre-school and started hitting what she termed the "mommy doll" with the taller, manly looking doll using a chair. She then placed the "mommy doll" face down on the toy bed. Looks to me like she saw plenty, and this was several days after the murder. Another thing she never says on the 911 call OR during this re-enactment was anything to do with a stranger being in her house, or a second assailant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500