State vs Jason Lynn Young: weekend discussion 11-25 Feb 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, you mean WRAL GOLO? I can't read those comments. There are some real crazies posting there - the same people over and over and over and over again.

Lol, GOLO is a trip, lots of trash talking.
I am surprised WRAL lets them get away with it.

However, there are a lot more people there leaning to NG or reasonable doubt.

The same posters seem to respond to each other all day!!

They sit there arguing and saying stuff like once someone gets in your head, they own you.!
:wink:

fran mentioned tee time oct13, friday before the wedding, JY was supposed to be at winston-salem at 7am to play golf, from raleigh that would take approx. 2 hrs. so they would have to had left around 5am that friday. also, carolann sowerby was there the end of october at well, is it possible that JY left the home early with her sometime that week during her stay? it is also possible the postal lady may have her days confused if in fact she saw a woman and a man in a white vehicle.

However, I can't imagine why she would want to get involved, unless she was stopped and questioned and/or she could positively without question be sure of what she saw that morning.

I don't know what to make of her testimony.

Cindy Beaver will be testifying soon enough......:)

I don't think he intended to pay at all. That would explain why he parked as far away as he did, trying to obscure himself as much as possible. If he'd intended to use credit card he would have done it right there at the pump as that would have allowed her to turn on the pump from inside. In that case he could have used a pre-paid credit card which he had paid cash for...not really traceable. But the time he spent fiddling, waiting for the pump to be turned on really chapped his hide because he was racing against time, things on Birchleaf didn't go as planned. Where he stopped again is anyone's guess. Could've been he was able to use a prepaid cc at a pump somewhere closer to Hillsville and the transaction was unremarkable so he didn't stick out.

You really think he was going to take the risk of stealing gas?

There could have been a cop car or unmarked car in the area.

Look at all the receipts that am in the timeframe:

5:26 am
5:27 am
5:28 am (2)
5:31 am (2)
5:34 am
5:35 am

I could understand it more if this was a stretch of time that no one was around, but how does the customer(s) at 5:26 and 5:28 not see Jason?

And, if he supposedy used a pump farthest away, you think maybe it was because of all the people there?

Look at the transactions, 8 people in a 9 minute window......!!!

Yet, not one of them has ever come forward !!!!

You really think he was going to take the risk of stealing gas?

There could have been a cop car or unmarked car in the area.

And there could have been a camera and an eyewitness to his face if he walked in to pay.

He was not going to "risk" that...turns out he had no choice and was PIZZZED. He was super lucky with no working video

ETA: Besides this time around we learned that the other person Gracie thought was there,(the news paper carrier) did contact LE and say they never saw such an incident.

Obviously he would have to get gas. Proving where is not critical, just like they know he bout 9 more gallons but could not get confirmation where.
We heard about the King gas stop for the first time in May 2011.
That evidence is not crucial for a conviction.,,,just gravy, imo

JTF,

If it was not crucial why did we have a hung jury the first time??? Yes, you may think all jurors are stupid (unless of course they deliver a verdict you believe in), but it is strong evidence that the PT did not do a thorough job in the presentation of the facts, assumptions and the "theory of the crime" during the first trial, IMHO.

Gas stops and the size 10 shoes are the PT's weak link, IMHO. If the DT can break those links or raise doubts by making them more significant than they appear to be, then the whole PT's case falls apart.

Don' let your enthusiasm and advocacy for the victim blind you to the fact that the PT FAILED to get a conviction at the first trial. Since they have now rested their case, have they, in your opinion, done a better job of it this go around??

Or do you think this jury is just smarter then the last one??

You can not discredit a witness, if their story never changes.

Do you know that at a pre~trial hearing, some of the things that came out,
(I have saved these quotes from the article)

"When asked by the lead Pros if she could desribe the man, she froze and went silent.
After a long pause, she said " I can't remember exactly"

"And, when the Judge asked if he was bald or what his hair style was, she was again unsure."

I'm not as concerned with what she said about his appearance years later at a pre-trial hearing... When le initially talked to Gracie, if all she told them was... "yep, I saw that guy, he was here!" , then I wouldn't put much weight in her story. Instead, what she told them aligned perfectly with the timeline, and all the details she gave were corroborated by receipts, fuel analysis, travel time to arrive back at hi, the correct vehicle and side fuel was pumped on, direction he drove, etc... If, as so many use to discredit her, she was so brain damaged how is it she was able come up with a story that lined so perfectly with the all the other evidence?
JMO

Boodles,
I think Jay just closed the bedroom door and hall bathroom when he left...MR G would then be unable to get in the blood.
CY was very capable of opening the door when she woke up later. At that point the blood was dry, so the dog nor CY would track prints.

The only thing I have a different view on is Mr.G. I've had so many dogs over the years, and I'm troubled by Mr.G's behavior. From listening to the 911 call over and over, Meredith stating that she *heard* Mr.G whimpering or somethng on that order. And that Mr.G simply *appeared* at some point when Meredith was at the front door, exiting with CY per the orders of the sheriff's office on the phone. The only conclusion I can come to regarding Mr.G, since everyone has stated that Mr.G went up to bed on his own, always, and slept on his bed in the master bedroom, is that something Mr.G saw that night terrified him. Usually *strangers* don't terrify family dogs. Strangers result in aggression/protection. What ever he saw/experienced that night scared him badly enough for him to hide and stay away from the upstairs of the house, even after the event was over. All of our dogs, down to everyone of them, would stay with a child. When it was our children, and now the grandchildren, the dogs have always protected the children. Now none of our dogs have been through a 'family trauma', meaning having to make a *choice* between family members. But when it involves *strangers*, the dogs have positioned themselves between *stranger* and the children. That just sticks in my craw as not right, not normal behavior of a dog that is bonded to its family pack.

Look at all the receipts that am in the timeframe:

5:26 am
5:27 am
5:28 am (2)
5:31 am (2)
5:34 am
5:35 am

I could understand it more if this was a stretch of time that no one was around, but how does the customer(s) at 5:26 and 5:28 not see Jason?

And, if he supposedy used a pump farthest away, you think maybe it was because of all the people there?

!!

No sure why you said this?
The testimony clearly stated the times you posted were all cash and not gas. No way to track and interview cash customers

Jason's white SUV on the far side was the only vehicle getting gas in that time frame.

Not to speak for JTF but I believe he has been consistent in holding the prosecution responsible for the first trial. Many who know the truth have been very critical of the prosecution; I am also more than happy to admit that I believe there was a significant idiot factor in the first jury. Hey, it's the system we have. Ideally, a different lead prosecutor would've had this case but I'm sure the state has invested a lot in Holt's expertise in this case. Hopefully, they've presented a clearer case this go round.

I also credit Judge Stephens because while I believe he has an opinion in this case, he is remarkably measured and fair in how he conducts his courtroom. In his heart I believe he know he's proceeding with a sociopath and a family of enablers in his midst.

JTF,

If it was not crucial why did we have a hung jury the first time??? Yes, you may think all jurors are stupid (unless of course they deliver a verdict you believe in), but it is strong evidence that the PT did not do a thorough job in the presentation of the facts, assumptions and the "theory of the crime" during the first trial, IMHO.

Gas stops and the size 10 shoes are the PT's weak link, IMHO. If the DT can break those links or raise doubts by making them more significant than they appear to be, then the whole PT's case falls apart.

Don' let your enthusiasm and advocacy for the victim blind you to the fact that the PT FAILED to get a conviction at the first trial. Since they have now rested their case, have they, in your opinion, done a better job of it this go around??

Or do you think this jury is just smarter then the last one??

No idea why there was a hung jury, shadow.
The gas stop at 5:27AM lines with his timeline.
1- Based proven MPG, would have needed gas at that time
2- The camera was moved at 6:35AM, close to the time it would have taken to arrive back at hotel.

You can not discredit a witness, if their story never changes.

Do you know that at a pre~trial hearing, some of the things that came out,
(I have saved these quotes from the article)

"When asked by the lead Pros if she could desribe the man, she froze and went silent.
After a long pause, she said " I can't remember exactly"

"And, when the Judge asked if he was bald or what his hair style was, she was again unsure."

I have never been able to understand why LE never followed up with Gracie on the camera footage they took in an effort to to verify her statements. This is strange. I think Gracie said they showed her a pic of the car and then another pic of JY (Day 3, Pt. 6 around 37:00 or 38:00. So, they showed a pic of the vehicle and JY. I thought they just showed her a pic of JY.

I'm not as concerned with what she said about his appearance years later at a pre-trial hearing... When le initially talked to Gracie, if all she told them was... "yep, I saw that guy, he was here!" , then I wouldn't put much weight in her story. Instead, what she told them aligned perfectly with the timeline, and all the details she gave were corroborated by receipts, fuel analysis, travel time to arrive back at hi, the correct vehicle and side fuel was pumped on, direction he drove, etc... If, as so many use to discredit her, she was so brain damaged how is it she was able come up with a story that lined so perfectly with the all the other evidence?
JMO

I wish there had been a video..this would have been all over for Jason .

But, you also have to ask yourself this.....

They found Gracie that weekend, why not pull Jason in for a lineup, why not arrest him for probable cause?

Why did they go to all the trouble and run surveillance tapes, yet never show them to her?

Why did they put fliers in the store asking for the customer to come forward she says was there?

It sounds to me like LE was already thinking there was going to be a problem with her.

And, it really is not up to whether I believe her or not, or whether I think she is credible, it is/ was up to the Jury...

The last jury must not have or we would not be doing this again.

I have never been able to understand why LE never followed up with Gracie on the camera footage they took in an effort to to verify her statements. This is strange. I think Gracie said they showed her a pic of the car and then another pic of JY (Day 3, Pt. 6 around 37:00 or 38:00. So, they showed a pic of the vehicle and JY. I thought they just showed her a pic of JY.

Hey Cody.:)

Just posted almost the same thing.

Look at the people that were there that am, getting gas and coffee.

8 people in 9 minutes, wow, just wow.!

Maybe we will be hear more about it this week.

Based highway gas mileage presented by the defense showed that he would
have run out of gas approx 18.8 miles before he ever got to King, and would
have been sitting on the side of the road.

I have laughed so much over the mention of this incident posted many times and just have to respond. I have one grandson ( my heart) and he has the most hair on his butt it looks like he is part monkey. It has been a joke in the family for years. He would moon everyone around when this was brought up. Has a great personality, loved by all his teachers, and mothers of the many girl he dated in high School, just a clown. Now when he played sports on the field on in the gym, he was ALL serious. He is now in the Navy,4th year, on the USS Abraham Lincoln, that is sitting in waters off of Iran. His job is one of the most dangerous on the ship.A little entrepreneur and very responsible, hard worker all his life.He has a $50,000.000 car sitting in his dad's yard, right next door to me. Saying this to give you idea how responsible this now, young man is. The last time he mooned the family was in December when he was on leave at home with us.
Wonder if he will murder his future wife one day????? Don't think so.........

All I can say to this is ... different strokes for different folks. There are some who are raised with manners and others who are not. Some who are raised to show respect and others who are not. I raised my son to respect not just his elders, but everyone he ever came in contact with. He never joined the Navy so I can't speak to that. He is in a Fraternity (against my personal wishes but it's his life so what can I say?) at his college but I also know that he is considered a class act by everyone who knows him. His fiancee's parents absolutely adore him. Both families (her's and our's) spend quite a bit of time together and travel with the kids all the time. We have been on several cruises and travels over the years, since they have been dating since his sophomore year of High School and he will be graduating in June.

He is a very fine young man whom I am very proud of. If he even thought about doing something so vulgar, he knows he would be in big trouble! He respects people. Monkey butt or not, I still believe that mooning your G-Ma is very disrespectful.

All I can say to this is ... different strokes for different folks. There are some who are raised with manners and others who are not. Some who are raised to show respect and others who are not. I raised my son to respect not just his elders, but everyone he ever came in contact with. He never joined the Navy so I can't speak to that. He is in a Fraternity (against my personal wishes but it's his life so what can I say?) at his college but I also know that he is considered a class act by everyone who knows him. His fiancee's parents absolutely adore him. Both families (her's and our's) spend quite a bit of time together and travel with the kids all the time. We have been on several cruises and travels over the years, since they have been dating since his sophomore year of High School and he will be graduating in June.

He is a very fine young man whom I am very proud of. If he even thought about doing something so vulgar, he knows he would be in big trouble! He respects people. Monkey butt or not, I still believe that mooning your G-Ma is very disrespectful.

Steven Tyler just mooned the entire world this week on American Idol.

:)

I agree. Although our family has had it's share of chubby little hiney's over the years, past the diaper stage, that ends. I hung out with my husband's family quite a lot both before & after we became engaged, nearly 45 years ago now, and although they were big BIG Milwaukee, Wisc. partiers, there wasn't a mooner among 'em. Even after an evening of boilermakers, and a whole bunch of twenty-something siblings and cousins. Nobody exposed themselves in all the *merriment*. How is that spelled anyway? Personally, I'd be horrified if one of my 6 to 10 yr. old grandsons were allowed to believe mooning was somehow funny or acceptable behavior. :seeya:

It was all over various message boards from 11/06 until 7/07.

And her comments were thoroughly disgusting. I do believe they bordered on libelous. Between her and her "hubby", they really were circling the boards.

And her comments were thoroughly disgusting. I do believe they bordered on libelous. Between her and her "hubby", they really were circling the boards.

The really vile one was the husband of Jeanne Goins Dulworth.
No doubt his posts were libelous.

Kimberly's husband posted too, but he was harmless.

Hey Cody.:)

Just posted almost the same thing.

Look at the people that were there that am, getting gas and coffee.

8 people in 9 minutes, wow, just wow.!

Maybe we will be hear more about it this week.

Based highway gas mileage presented by the defense showed that he would
have run out of gas approx 18.8 miles before he ever got to King, and would
have been sitting on the side of the road.

My criticism is with LE for not verifying Gracie's story when clearly there had to be other individuals in that store that morning. I am sure we will hear more about this. One other good eyewitness shown a lineup with selection of JY would have nailed his mooning hinny. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon