**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
he could have pushed up/unplugged the camera with his ceegar or rolled up paper

To make it look more sinister.

That Jason had been unsuccessful in his previous murder attempt.

Do you think the Pros knew that the defense would actually call the state trooper who investigated the accident?

They had to know, with discovery, right?

I bet they were not counting on him being such a remarkable witness though, with all his medals and being
one of our country's brave heroes.

:heart:

I think that the prosecution was assuming that the defense would not wade through whatever it was ... 11,000 pages ... to get the facts. They should have anticipated testimony from the state trooper and in fact had a responsibility to introduce that testimony if they were objective - and they are supposed to be. Not introducing evidence to the jury that paints the suspect as innocent (eg: everyone was wearing a seatbelt) is sleezy ... kind of like that monkey business that was going on at the forensic lab. Information was withheld and innocent people were convicted. That's pretty close to what I've seen in this trial ... the prosecution is up to old tricks.

Who would be stupid enough to wear their own shoes at a murder scene...

I thought the shoe prints were not the size of shoe JY wore. Maybe I am mixed up, but I thought they were size 10 and he wore a 12.

That is the clincher for me, all those things happening on that nite at those times, and it's the same nite his wife is murdered. And, back at Birchleaf, there is a bloodbath in master bedroom, some footprints in hall, lots of footprints in bathroom, but no bloody trail, no bloody footprints, no bloody anything in any other room in a three story house !! So, no shock that there wouldn't be any blood in JY's Explorer is it ? No random murderer takes the time or care to not track blood all over the home, the trash cans including liners are empty in garage, there's a roll of plastic trash bags out on the kitchen counter and one drop of blood on the kitchen door knob (Michelle's blood). Cmon, this jury has got to put two and two together and convict this murderer.

Howard used this very well in his closing.
He busted klink's screeching of no blood in the SUV meant it was impossible for JY to be the killer.

he could have pushed up/unplugged the camera with his ceegar or rolled up paper

True that! Or his match book that, in spite of only having two matches in it, he was able to light because he learned it in the boy scouts. He is a regular boy scout, isn't he. :rolleyes:

You mean the "investigation" by the traffic cop?
I don't think I would call Mr. Dicks an "investigator".

As an officer, he is somehow inferior to the other officers that testified, and if so, why?

As an officer, he is somehow inferior to the other officers that testified, and if so, why?

He is trained to investigate traffic incidents, not attempted murders.

Actually the way Becky did the demo you wouldn't have to touch it with your fingertips at all. If you tugged at it with your fingers bent so the wire was grasped by your MIP or PIP (median interphalangeal or proximal interphalangeal) joints you could just give a quick yank, and no prints would come in contact with the wires at all. I was at the public library and saw a camera with a similar plug. It looked extremely easy to disable that wire. The camera could also be pushed up without leaving prints, using the knuckles of a closed fist.

Here's hoping JLY will soon be joining all the other wife killers in :jail:

Or that old USA today paper would do the trick to!!

Jason wasn't completely incompetent, unfortunately. Therefore, he was intelligent enough not to leave a fingerprint on the camera...I mean, duh...More unfortunate, Jason was and is completely and nothing but evil.

You were saying that us "defenders" were holding onto the fact that just because Jason didn't leave prints on a camera, we were overlooking the obvious.

I don't think any of us are defending Jason, per se, as much as not agreeing to the state's case...

Jason wasn't completely incompetent, unfortunately. Therefore, he was intelligent enough not to leave a fingerprint on the camera...I mean, duh...More unfortunate, Jason was and is completely and nothing but evil.

But not intelligent to wear something different from his HP... NG....

He is trained to investigate traffic incidents, not attempted murders.

Who cares. He attended an accident and reported that everyone was wearing a seatbelt. The only information that made anyone question whether it was attempted murder was the rumor (false information) that Michelle removed her seatbelt at her husband's request or to get some lotion from the back seat. Michelle was wearing a seatbelt, so if it was attempted murder then it was also attempted suicide ... and we know that's not true.

You were saying that us "defenders" were holding onto the fact that just because Jason didn't leave prints on a camera, we were overlooking the obvious.

I don't think any of us are defending Jason, per se, as much as not agreeing to the state's case...

Very well said. The view that people commenting on cases pick teams of guilty or not guilty always confuses me.

Who cares. He attended an accident and reported that everyone was wearing a seatbelt. The only information that made anyone question whether it was attempted murder was the rumor (false information) that Michelle removed her seatbelt at her husband's request or to get some lotion from the back seat. Michelle was wearing a seatbelt, so if it was attempted murder then it was also attempted suicide ... and we know that's not true.

Guess his sister Kim lied about the belt too?
(sorry, no link for her post on IS, imo)

"The car wreck in the spring occurred when Jason thought the back of the SUV wasn't closed properly. He glanced back to look at that and his wheels went a little bit off the road. He over corrected the vehicle and that's when the wreck occurred. Despite the media's effort to make that into a huge story, there is no 100' drop off there where they went into the river. Michelle was not wearing her seat belt by her choice, not because he tried to trick her into taking it off. It was a wreck plain and simple."

Right, he said he was trained to look for anything suspicious...and I remember hearing that both were wearing seat belts.

Not to mention JY may have been the one to speak to police, but MY was standing right there. If there had been anything weird she would have spoken up.

I think that the prosecution was assuming that the defense would not wade through whatever it was ... 11,000 pages ... to get the facts. They should have anticipated testimony from the state trooper and in fact had a responsibility to introduce that testimony if they were objective - and they are supposed to be. Not introducing evidence to the jury that paints the suspect as innocent (eg: everyone was wearing a seatbelt) is sleezy ... kind of like that monkey business that was going on at the forensic lab. Information was withheld and innocent people were convicted. That's pretty close to what I've seen in this trial ... the prosecution is up to old tricks.

I guess they thought they could slide it by, and no one would challenge it.

Then the state trooper appears in all his glory....and testifies under oath, it was an accident.

Also, look at what the Pros tried to do to Cindy Beaver........in an effort to discredit her or get her to go away.

I am so proud of her..:heart:

Guess his sister Kim lied about the belt too?
(sorry, no link for her post on IS, imo)

"The car wreck in the spring occurred when Jason thought the back of the SUV wasn't closed properly. He glanced back to look at that and his wheels went a little bit off the road. He over corrected the vehicle and that's when the wreck occurred. Despite the media's effort to make that into a huge story, there is no 100' drop off there where they went into the river. Michelle was not wearing her seat belt by her choice, not because he tried to trick her into taking it off. It was a wreck plain and simple."

She probably read the same gossip that others read about the accident. Thankfully the investigating officer knew which questions to ask and reported that they were both wearing seatbelts at the time the car went off the road.

State Troopers are specifically trained to INVESTIGATE traffic accidents...In my state, if there is a accident with life threatening injuries or a death, ONLY a State Trooper can investigate. I would suspect that is why the State Trooper was called in and took over the investigation from the Deputy Sheriff, that responded to the 911 call. That is their job.

Right, he said he was trained to look for anything suspicious...and I remember hearing that both were wearing seat belts.

Not to mention JY may have been the one to speak to police, but MY was standing right there. If there had been anything weird she would have spoken up.

I would certainly hope so ... aren't their laws about providing false information to officers regarding accidents, etc?

I would certainly hope so ... aren't their laws about providing false information to officers regarding accidents, etc?

LOL, lie to the traffic cop about why you ran off the road or just admit you were really trying to kill your wife and baby.

True that! Or his match book that, in spite of only having two matches in it, he was able to light because he learned it in the boy scouts. He is a regular boy scout, isn't he. :rolleyes:

Is that really what you understood from JY testimony?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420