WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are right - there is hardly anything to go on as far as JB's words on the Internet.

Here is a snippet, I believe from her protection order. I have underlined the key points in this statement and will comment afterward:

"He became furious like I have never seen him before, he grabbed me by my hair in front of our daughter, dragged me into our hallway, threw me down on the floor and then threw me against a decorative column we have in the entrance of our home. He continued to assault me with his feet – by kicking me and then he took out his car keys and contrived to scratch me in any area he could. The most, most recent have been his threats to kill me if I say anything against him or if in any way I proceed with action of seeking custody of our two small children. I live in constant fear for my life and my children’s life. Please investigate and help me

JB starts the statement with "he" and continues to use "he" rather than "Solomon." This shows distance and it is appropriately used. Pronouns are key in statement analysis, so when JB uses "our" instead of the "my" it goes along with the separation that a pending divorce has brought. She uses "our" later on as well. When JB talks about the decorative column, she is using extra words that she doesn't need to use. In statement analysis, the shortest sentence is the best sentence, so why go through the trouble of listing the specifics of where Solomon threw her? Probably for the effect and dramatization factor. She uses the word "kicking," which is inappropriate in statement analysis work because it is present tense - which comes in the middle of a past tense statement. This shows an alteration in reality. So it was either a deceptive claim or one that didn't happen the way she is saying it. I don't know if JB has a problem with her English usage, but she has unique terms, such as "contrived to scratch me..." It doesn't make sense - did Solomon actually tell her "I'm going to scratch you in any area on your body that I can!" A very strange description, which I take as deceptive. When a word is replicated like "most, most" it is a way for the speaker (or writer) to attempt to convince, so she repeats the word to make it sound really important. Again, another example of coercion on her part. Adding in excessive words, like "our" two small children, this is meant to add extra fuel to the fire that she is creating. "Small" is a sympathy word - like "defenseless." Finally - it is all about JB. Note who she puts first when she talks about fearing for her life (and her children's). When people list things in their statements, they list the important things in order. She is at the top of her own list. And in the last sentence, when she writes "please help me," what happened to her kids?

The only true way to look at her deceptiveness would be a formal analysis of her interview w/ LE about the events that occurred when Sky went missing. I'm going to try and get in touch w/ the lead investigator to request JB's statement. Does anyone have a direct contact email?

My thoughts about her public image on FB and her "blog"? Bizarre!

On her FaceBook page - she lists her occupation as Full Time Mommy! :) - I am struck by the way she added both an exclamation point and a smile. This tells me that she is NOT happy with this role. She felt as though she needed to add the smile, as if to say "I'm happy" - which is an excessive addition which doesn't need to be made. The exclamation point refers to an emphatic symbol that demands attention - such as in "Help!" Also, JB has her status as "married" - she didn't change that during the separation? Her pictures feature Maile, but there are none of Sky (except for her profile picture). Again, the false front that she has put on to the world. Her info button is odd too. Her movies are all children's movies, she comes off as being very religious (several references to the Bible and Jesus), she is conservative (in written word anyway) - focusing on being a Republican, etc. And then the whole Justin Bieber thing - she writes "He is so pretty," which may be true, but for a woman in her 30s, she has a crush. Finally, she is not very verbose - she keeps her comments really brief, as though she's not comfortable expressing herself.

Her blog - besides the fact that it is really troubling to listen to the kids cry during the parenting exchanges, JB remains nonplussed. And to make a blog about this? Not sure what she was trying to do. There was not a lot to go on with her words in these recordings.

Thank you so much, Piney. Did you ever get to see her Flickr account? THAT, IMO, tells the tale. Gitana, I believe, was a doll and actually counted the pictures - I think little M had about 80% of the 1000's of pictures versus Sky with only about 10%. Someone here has them, I think, but I'm not sure.

And, she did this weird thing after Sky went missing where she started to change the dates on the pictures - all kinds of strange stuff....

You guys are right - there is hardly anything to go on as far as JB's words on the Internet.

Here is a snippet, I believe from her protection order. I have underlined the key points in this statement and will comment afterward:

"He became furious like I have never seen him before, he grabbed me by my hair in front of our daughter, dragged me into our hallway, threw me down on the floor and then threw me against a decorative column we have in the entrance of our home. He continued to assault me with his feet – by kicking me and then he took out his car keys and contrived to scratch me in any area he could. The most, most recent have been his threats to kill me if I say anything against him or if in any way I proceed with action of seeking custody of our two small children. I live in constant fear for my life and my children’s life. Please investigate and help me

JB starts the statement with "he" and continues to use "he" rather than "Solomon." This shows distance and it is appropriately used. Pronouns are key in statement analysis, so when JB uses "our" instead of the "my" it goes along with the separation that a pending divorce has brought. She uses "our" later on as well. When JB talks about the decorative column, she is using extra words that she doesn't need to use. In statement analysis, the shortest sentence is the best sentence, so why go through the trouble of listing the specifics of where Solomon threw her? Probably for the effect and dramatization factor. She uses the word "kicking," which is inappropriate in statement analysis work because it is present tense - which comes in the middle of a past tense statement. This shows an alteration in reality. So it was either a deceptive claim or one that didn't happen the way she is saying it. I don't know if JB has a problem with her English usage, but she has unique terms, such as "contrived to scratch me..." It doesn't make sense - did Solomon actually tell her "I'm going to scratch you in any area on your body that I can!" A very strange description, which I take as deceptive. When a word is replicated like "most, most" it is a way for the speaker (or writer) to attempt to convince, so she repeats the word to make it sound really important. Again, another example of coercion on her part. Adding in excessive words, like "our" two small children, this is meant to add extra fuel to the fire that she is creating. "Small" is a sympathy word - like "defenseless." Finally - it is all about JB. Note who she puts first when she talks about fearing for her life (and her children's). When people list things in their statements, they list the important things in order. She is at the top of her own list. And in the last sentence, when she writes "please help me," what happened to her kids?

The only true way to look at her deceptiveness would be a formal analysis of her interview w/ LE about the events that occurred when Sky went missing. I'm going to try and get in touch w/ the lead investigator to request JB's statement. Does anyone have a direct contact email?

My thoughts about her public image on FB and her "blog"? Bizarre!

On her FaceBook page - she lists her occupation as Full Time Mommy! :) - I am struck by the way she added both an exclamation point and a smile. This tells me that she is NOT happy with this role. She felt as though she needed to add the smile, as if to say "I'm happy" - which is an excessive addition which doesn't need to be made. The exclamation point refers to an emphatic symbol that demands attention - such as in "Help!" Also, JB has her status as "married" - she didn't change that during the separation? Her pictures feature Maile, but there are none of Sky (except for her profile picture). Again, the false front that she has put on to the world. Her info button is odd too. Her movies are all children's movies, she comes off as being very religious (several references to the Bible and Jesus), she is conservative (in written word anyway) - focusing on being a Republican, etc. And then the whole Justin Bieber thing - she writes "He is so pretty," which may be true, but for a woman in her 30s, she has a crush. Finally, she is not very verbose - she keeps her comments really brief, as though she's not comfortable expressing herself.

Her blog - besides the fact that it is really troubling to listen to the kids cry during the parenting exchanges, JB remains nonplussed. And to make a blog about this? Not sure what she was trying to do. There was not a lot to go on with her words in these recordings.

Thank you for sharing your findings! I'm fascinated by how reading a statement is one thing but, having the insight of your training while reading a statement really tells SO much more to the story - just amazing stuff to me!

And reposting older pictures again as if they just happened. She is a strange one indeed.

I think the "exchange" is very telling. We have discussed it at length here before, but she is very manipulative to little M during the exchange. It is apparent from an outsider that she has controlled M's reaction to going with Solomon.

I honestly wish that something would happen!! I cannot believe that another day has passed when our little Sky has not been found. Where are you baby boy?

What gets me the most about the grandmother's statement is "as long as he isn’t hungry, he’s easygoing, relaxed and laid back boy." I wonder just how many times Sky was going hungry for them to be able to make a statement like this. I bet he was starving all the time so therefore he wasn't in the greatest of moods. Bless his little heart. This is one strange family.

I thought this was a very interesting statement by grandma, too!
Who is HAPPY when they are hungry? That is a given...that children (and ME) get grumpy when they/we are hungry. It is like saying, "Sky was an easygoing boy, except when he was out in freezing weather without a jacket on"!

This JMO must have occurred enough times to have stuck out in her mind to the point that that was one of the very few statements she has been reported to have made.

And...then why didn't she FEED him, or report JB to authorities for not feeding him enough?
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I want the FOX guy to set up a live video camera and just keep it rolling like they did when Caylee was missing!! I'll even volunteer to take him/her coffee and snacks if he sets up a live cam. Although, sadly I think she would just stay inside of whatever house she is living in, while she sends her minions out to get the things that she needs and we'd never see her anyway.

However, it would be an excellent reminder to her that WE HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN ABOUT SKY and that we want to see LE take some action for the abuse and neglect that she has inflicted on MM. (Who is the only child of hers that we can even FIND today.) :maddening:

Question: If LE doesn't get on with filing charges against JB for MM's abuse and neglect - could SM file civil charges against her for MM? In my opinion, that might be a great nudge in the right direction to get JB to start thinking about what she's done while she waits in a cell without all of the comforts of home....like carpet which she is able to use to soothe her anxiety. :sweep:

Wow! Great point I haven't thought of!
Can SM file charges against her for negligence? Then she would HAVE to appear, wouldn't she? And if not...then the PD could go and "visit" her, IYKWIM?

Hello, Fellow Sleuthers!
I am behind you all in my reading...but I have so many questions running around in my brain.
Sooo...I am going to throw them out here, even though I do not know where it will fall in the timeline of this thread. Hopefully they have not been analyzed already. And if they have...then maybe a new slant will be provided.

Does LE have JB on 24/7 surveillance?Do we know if she leaves her apt./home AT ALL?
Is she on meds? (I know she was prescribed some in the past, but if she is still taking them, she would HAVE to visit a Psychiatrist at some point for refills. (And I don't believe many doctors make house calls in this day and age).

IF she doesn't go out AT ALL..then she might be starting to feel the effects from Vitamin D deficiency. I remember when I was visiting Alaska, our outdoor tour guides were talking about how they were deficient in vitamin D, even though they were active outside, because the clouds prevented the suns rays from developing the Vitamin D humans need. And I believe vitamin supplements were not sufficient for some people.

About JB's mystifying power over others:
Is she threatening suicide if anyone speaks out?
Does she have a gun to anyone's head (literally?) Could she have purchased a gun during the time of those pix indicating panic that LE released to the public. I remember we were mostly talking about her possibly buying clothes, withdrawing funds from a bank, etc., but what about a weapon of some sort?

Thank you for letting me brainstorm..and please go gently on me if it doesn't make much sense!

I wanted to take a few minutes to post this picture of Pete on the 4th of July at Mukilteo Beach to bump Sky's thread and ask....does anyone know what JB, MM and Sky did on the 4th of July? Labor Day? Sky's birthday? Halloween? Anything between Haircut Day 6/15/11 and 11/6/11?

I have a very sick cockatoo right now who has my undivided attention when he is awake. While he sleeps on my lap, I am still reading everything I can find out about Sky even though I can't post.

View attachment 21097

Where are you Sky?
Thanks, Princess!
I hope Petey Boy gets better under your attentive care!:seeya:

Okay - Julia may not have been caught red-handed, but SHE admitted to leaving her two small children at home alone for hours. ARREST HER ALREADY!

Here is how it is done LE:
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2012/03/07/2701733/horry-county-police-arrest-man.html
Horry County police arrest man, woman after children found home alone
Horry County police charged a man and woman with child neglect after two children were found home alone in a Myrtle Beach area apartment, according to a police report.

What are we waiting for? Charge her for leaving M alone. Please, just put her in jail already!

Okay - Julia may not have been caught red-handed, but SHE admitted to leaving her two small children at home alone for hours. ARREST HER ALREADY!

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2012/03/07/2701733/horry-county-police-arrest-man.html

What are we waiting for? Charge her for leaving M alone. Please, just put her in jail already!
I so agree with this . Have been following this from the beginning and can not understand why this woman is still free. She had Sky in her care and obviously something happened to him.

Hello, Fellow Sleuthers!
I am behind you all in my reading...but I have so many questions running around in my brain.
Sooo...I am going to throw them out here, even though I do not know where it will fall in the timeline of this thread. Hopefully they have not been analyzed already. And if they have...then maybe a new slant will be provided.

Does LE have JB on 24/7 surveillance?Do we know if she leaves her apt./home AT ALL?
Is she on meds? (I know she was prescribed some in the past, but if she is still taking them, she would HAVE to visit a Psychiatrist at some point for refills. (And I don't believe many doctors make house calls in this day and age).

IF she doesn't go out AT ALL..then she might be starting to feel the effects from Vitamin D deficiency. I remember when I was visiting Alaska, our outdoor tour guides were talking about how they were deficient in vitamin D, even though they were active outside, because the clouds prevented the suns rays from developing the Vitamin D humans need. And I believe vitamin supplements were not sufficient for some people.

Does she have a gun to anyone's head (literally?) Could she have purchased a gun during the time of those pix indicating panic that LE released to the public. I remember we were mostly talking about her possibly buying clothes, withdrawing funds from a bank, etc., but what about a weapon of some sort?

Thank you for letting me brainstorm..and please go gently on me if it doesn't make much sense!

All great brainstorming IHNC and sadly there are very little answers to what you have posed. In my email to all the news stations in the area, I implored any of them to please go to the brother's apartment and see if she was still there but sadly there's been no response to them. I honestly do not know whether LE has her under 24 hour surveillance, I would be pleased as punch if they do but for some reason I'm betting not.

With her OCD being as bad as Solomon described (and I believe him 100%), then surely she is under the care of a physician which would mean that surely she has followup doctor's appts or trips to the pharmacy. Again, all it would take is one of the reporters to hang around Stan's building and see if she ever comes out.

I can't see her staying in that apartment 24/7 for the last 120 days.

As for a gun, I haven't a clue about that one but her friends certainly do seem to be very loyal to her as well as her mother so there's no telling what she tells them.

It's soooo incredibly frustrating that they can't lock her up. We all know she left the children alone, that little M was far below her ideal body weight which is serious neglect so why is she still out there free to roam and do as she pleases?

According to SM's lawyer, JB full-on admitted that she left M alone for 12 hours during the mediation. Her word is proof enough, in my opinion. I doubt they'll ever be able to track down anyone who babysat M that day, if JB does change her story (because no one did). Arrest her. She admitted to a crime.

Hello, Fellow Sleuthers!

These are just my thoughts in response (strictly MOO):

1) LE knows where JB is. She is required to tell them if she wants to leave the area. However, LE has also stated that they do not believe she has any plans to leave the area. See links below.

2) I think it's actually possible that she has not left whatever home she is staying in for the past 4 months. Someone with OCD as pervasive and debilitating as JB's (coupled with mitigating reasons for not leaving such as being a social pariah, being hounded by the media, being harassed by people on the street, etc) would have great motivation to not leave their home. If JB has people enabling her (which we all know she does), then she has someone to bring food and other necessities and she does not need to leave the house. We know that she did not leave the house for a period of time when married to SM. Being a suspect (in the public's eye) in a crime gives her extra motivation to stay secluded. OCD is an anxiety disorder. In times of high stress and anxiety, its symptoms get ramped up. One can only surmise how extreme her need for control -- and how extreme her symptoms -- must be at this time. She is probably back up to her 10+ hours per day cleaning regimen. I could definitely see it being possible that she has not left the house in months.

3) I doubt she is taking meds or under a physician's care. We know she has a history of being med non-compliant (see SM's declaration). We know she shirks doctor's orders like it's no one's business. She does not have a history of cooperating with medical advice or of taking prescribed meds -- quite the opposite. I don't think there's any reason to believe that anything has changed, unfortunately.

4) It seems there may be a long-standing history of abuse in that family (JB's mother alluded to being abused by JB). If that is true, then JB has years under her belt of having power and control over her brother, mother, etc. She's probably using the same tactics she's used for years in these relationships. And, yes, she might be threatening suicide. What I'm trying to say is that JB's "mystifying power" over others is nothing new -- she has it down to an art and has been engaging in this kind of manipulative behavior for decades. I mean, she had her own husband using the bathroom at public establishments rather than in his home for which he was paying the mortgage. This "power" has been decades in the making.

5) A key factor in changing the way things are going would be this: for JB's family (and friends?) to stop enabling her. If she has no one to bring her food and necessities, no one to coddle and distract her, she will need to leave her home at some point. With less support, she will also be more likely to start talking. Or she'll get herself hospitalized. But, that is only likely to happen if people stop enabling her.

http://www.redmond-reporter.com/news/133745063.html
http://www.king5.com/news/local/sky...o-criminal-investigation-today-133807223.html
http://www.redmond-reporter.com/news/134429073.html

Piney94 ~ Here's more JB quotes. I hope they help!

** A "suicidal" text message JB sent to SM: “Please, please I’m begging with my whole heart help me find a peaceful way to die. I cannot live ANOTHER day and cause you, M**** and Sky anymore suffering. I’m dead inside anyway and have been dead for a long time. You will not miss me at all and M**** and Sky have the best daddy in the world so I know they will be okay …”

** “I learned about the extent of our debt from my husband when we were six months behind on paying our two mortgages, utilities, credit cards and all other bills,” she said in court documents. “This is the time when my husband’s anger and his true character began to show.”

** Her first psychiatrist put Biryukova on anti-depressants during her pregnancy with Sky, despite her objections. In court documents, Biryukova argued that her psychiatrist had a “history of prescribing powerful psychiatric medications to people who do not require them.”

** In court records filed on Sept. 23, 2010, Julia declares: “I do not suffer from severe OCD and I never have.”

** “Now, my fear is for my small children. And now Solomon is doing the same thing to our small children that he did to me, physically abuse them and try to control them,” said Biryukova in court documents.

** (I'm personally fascinated by this one, it's so over-the-top): She posted on her Facebook: “Justice was served today. I am the PRIMARY PARENT for my babies! Hallelujah! My babies are happy and I am HAPPY! Thank you Veronica Freitas!” on Sept. 22, 2010.

** And another quote from JB's mother, NB: “Neither your husband nor I would like for you to live with us at your current conditions … All of us (your children including) are suffering from your abuse," the documents continue. But her mother would later state that Solomon “little by little, he convinced me that my daughter was sick.”

http://www.kirklandreporter.com/news/134429073.html

Wow, I've got to get to bed! It's tough being on the East Coast. Just when people on the West Coast get home from work and start posting, it's time for me to hit the hay! And then I stay up too late because I'm like: "Egads! So much sleuthing to do for my main man, Sky!"

I have some responses to Piney94's prior post so I'll try to get on that tomorrow. In the meantime....

:eek:fftobed:

Oh, and sorry if I wasn't too eloquent tonight -- I'm a little under the weather. I hope everyone else out there is feeling good and healthy tonight, including Pete-the-Cockatoo!

The analysis by Piney94 was interesting, thank you very much.

One hypothesis crossing my mind is an accident. Julia had a history of leaving the children alone for extended periods of time. I wonder if something happened to Sky that was accidental (who leaves a child that young alone for any amount of time? Very dangerous behavior). He could have gotten into some household cleaner or something, we all know there was plenty of that stuff in the home and probably no food. The boy was likely hungry. Just a thought. Don't know she was evil enough to kill him intentionally, severely mentally ill--yes. Also along these lines, could he have died from dehydration having been left alone too long on a hot day? (Come to think of it, given her extreme OCD I'll bet she didn't let the kids roam the home freely when she left them, did she contain them to one room, or area?)

Given the divorce proceedings, prior arrest for leaving Sky in the car (Target), known history of mental illness, etc. if he died accidentally maybe she panicked and hid the body rather than calling 911. Possibly she feared losing Maile if her negligence and the extent of her illness were to be known. An accidental death may be why those close to her are supporting as they are, feeling sorry for her rather than outraged. And why in the world isn't Julia, or her family lifting a finger to find this "missing" baby? Because they are mourning, ashamed, afraid... and know he's not to be found.

Once Julia knew she needed to produce Sky, per the mediation, she had to come up with a reason for him to not be available hence the lame "missing" story.

Just my thoughts here. Thanks for reading. My love and thoughts are with you Sky, wherever you are sweet boy.

I completely agree with Rougelatete that everyone should stop enabling her and supporting her and providing her with ways to hide away the reality of what she has done to her son and daughter.

I would hope that Solomon would not contribute to her financially at all and would insist that she pay child support. If I were him, I would find some reason to have her served with papers mandating her appearance in court. At some point, she would likely say something that would be perjury or would incriminate herself.

Perhaps then, LE would be able to do a more in depth interview and get some answers. Perhaps a few days in a grimy holding cell would persuade her to give up the truth and allow Sky to be found and have a proper burial. (Sadly, I do not believe he is alive, I pray I am wrong and would love to be wrong about this)

LE needs to apply pressure and Julia's carefully controlled world would crack under the stress. If nothing else, she certainly should be hospitalized.

ChelaCat, we have often theorized exactly as you that possibly Sky died as a result of an accident while she left the two little ones home alone. I think it is a very real possibility.

Julia needs help, not coddling. If Sky did die from an accidental death (albiet a negligent death), she needs to just come clean and give him a proper burial. Unfortunately, with the recent verdict, it is apparent that she could walk free and clear IF she did claim accident.

Julia is very typical IMHO - claiming that she does not suffer from any mental illness; everyone else is just plain mean to claim such a thing. Unfortunately, those that are enabling her should be ashamed of themselves. They should care as much about Sky as they do about Julia. HE deserves to be cared about and taken care of too. Julia WILL get the help that she needs even WHEN LE finally takes action on this case.

I, too, believe 'something' happened while she was at the mediation and left her two babies alone! :banghead: WHO does that??!! She DID admit that, right?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimilino01