GUILTY AL - Savannah Hardin, 9, forced to run til she died, Etowah Co., 17 Feb 2012

This is a case that screams for the death penalty, or life without parole at the very least. The torment and horror this poor girl endured is unspeakable.

If this gets pleaded down to manslaughter, there is no hope for the justice system.

This is a case that screams for the death penalty, or life without parole at the very least. The torment and horror this poor girl endured is unspeakable.

If this gets pleaded down to manslaughter, there is no hope for the justice system.

ITA. When I read that she was crawling on the ground begging for mercy and her grandmother made her keep going, I almost threw up. The cruelty inflicted on this child is horrifying.

I'd like to hear from Savannah's father.

I'd like to know if he is, in fact, supporting these women.

So far, two people have said he is. Both of those people are defense attorneys for the accused women.
I'm sure they want the world to think the women have a lot of support.

He may be. I don't know.
I'd like to hear from him.

I don't know... where would you sit in this situation?
Behind the people you were supporting, or behind the people you were NOT supporting?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mother-faces-death-penalty.html#ixzz1oJtgw6kd

The child's father, Robert Hardin, sat behind the defense table during the hearing in apparent support of Garrard, his mother, and Hardin, his wife.
Other relatives and friends sat around him
, occasionally mouthing words to the two women.

It's a crying shame that even her dad isn't standing up for her. That is so sad. Shame on him.

It's a mystery how they rally around the killers in these cases. You see it all the time, and it doesn't make any sense at all.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...021/Decision-delayed-new-charges-girl-s-death

Decision delayed on new charges in girl's death

GADSDEN — Authorities are delaying a decision on whether to file new charges against a stepmother accused in the death of a 9-year-old girl who prosecutors say was run to death.

Etowah County prosecutors said Tuesday no decision will be made this week on whether to pursue capital charges against 27-year-old Jessica Mae Hardin of Attalla.

Does anyone think stepmom is going to roll over on grandmonster for manslaughter?
I have a nasty feeling she'll only get a few years.

http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article...dicts-grandmother-stepmother-in-child-s-death

An Etowah County grand jury on Friday handed down indictments against Joyce Garrard and Jessica Mae Hardin in the death of 9-year-old Savannah Hardin, according to a news release from District Attorney Jimmie Harp.

Garrard, 46, the girl's grandmother, was indicted for capital murder. Hardin, 27, the girl's stepmother, was indicted for felony murder.

Thanks for the link Lowens1975!

I am glad that grandma is being charged with capital murder and possible DP. I am not a DP proponent unless the case is cut and dried and boy o boy this one sure is IMO. Garrard is on tape stating her intentions and by golly she followed thru with it! If there was ever a case that screams DP is justified, it is this one. MOO.

When this case comes to trial, I plan to go spend a few days with Mother and attend the trial if I can work it out.

wm

I still worry that the prosecutor may be biting off way more than he can chew. I still think the statement grandma made to the bus driver is too ambiguous to show intent. She said (not a direct quote) 'I'm going to run her till she can't run no more'. I don't think she had the intentions to kill her, even though it did. I see a plea deal and Manslaughter, but glad the prosecutor is ambitious in his thinking. Hope he has more up his sleeve to pull out than that. Glad you plan to be there if you can...get a front row seat! Take a note pad and give us daily updates :)

Prosecutors to seek death penalty against grandmother in child's death

http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article...penalty-against-grandmother-in-child-s-death-

I still worry that the prosecutor may be biting off way more than he can chew. I still think the statement grandma made to the bus driver is too ambiguous to show intent. She said (not a direct quote) 'I'm going to run her till she can't run no more'. I don't think she had the intentions to kill her, even though it did. I see a plea deal and Manslaughter, but glad the prosecutor is ambitious in his thinking. Hope he has more up his sleeve to pull out than that. Glad you plan to be there if you can...get a front row seat! Take a note pad and give us daily updates :)

Yeah, I think they're over reaching. I hope they let the jury find her guilty of a lesser charge, if they don't think it rises to a DP judgement. JMO

I know the DP statute varies from state to state, but making Savanah Hardin run for so long was so reckless it constitutes a felony, right? And when someone dies during the commision of a felony, isn't that capital murder?
Interestingly, according to the anti-DP "Death Penalty Information Center", Alabama is one of only 3 states where a judge can override a jury's sentencing recommendation, and the only state where a judge can override a recommendation of LWOP, and impose the DP.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/alabama-0

I'm watching the grandmonster's lawyer on dr Drew. Crooked bowtie, and I think he mispronounced her name as "Gerard" Total clown.

I know the DP statute varies from state to state, but making Savanah Hardin run for so long was so reckless it constitutes a felony, right? And when someone dies during the commision of a felony, isn't that capital murder?
Interestingly, according to the anti-DP "Death Penalty Information Center", Alabama is one of only 3 states where a judge can override a jury's sentencing recommendation, and the only state where a judge can override a recommendation of LWOP, and impose the DP.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/alabama-0

Good news to hear, especially if they end up with a 'KC Anthony' jury.

Does anyone think stepmom is going to roll over on grandmonster for manslaughter?
I have a nasty feeling she'll only get a few years.

I pray not, but I have the same feeling you do. :maddening:

To say I am outraged is an understatement. The punishment should fit the crime and IMO this case does deserve the DP. Seriously, 3 hours?? AT anytime during those 3 hours it never occurred to either of the "women" that they were taking it too far? The little girl was crying and begging to stop and these sick, sadistic women showed no mercy. Therefore, no mercy should be shown to them. I'm sick of seeing these stories where these innocent children die at the hands of those who should love and protect them the most. These 2 women TORTURED that child. She died a painful, and agonizing death at their hands. All of this over a candy bar??!! This was heinous and premeditated. I say this case screams for DP or at least LWOP.

MOO

SavannahHardin.jpg

:rose:

Yeah, I think they're over reaching. I hope they let the jury find her guilty of a lesser charge, if they don't think it rises to a DP judgement. JMO

Don't you think they can use what she said to the bus driver as intent?

Don't you think they can use what she said to the bus driver as intent?

I do!
She wanted to run Savannah til she dropped. She accomplished her goal.

Sickening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freedomfinders
Back