FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't all LE vehicles have cameras in them now????
YES!! Dash cams - I forgot about that. Dunno if Sanford is that up to speed, technology-wise but one would think they are.

And now Annalia's last post about the first responding officer's past performance.

There is just too much out there now for them to NOT arrest GZ for something. Other charges can always be added later.

JMHO

A trial doesn't happen every time somebody is suspected of something, as people who post here full well know. Unless prosecutor feels he or she has enough evidence it's not even ethical to take a case to trial.

I realize you are simply attempting to assert a bit of balance to the thread and play devil's advocate but the point I was making is that it IS a prosecutor's decision. Not that of the investigating officers. THAT is my problem with this case. The responding officers determined that because GZ said he was defending himself that the stand your ground law applied to him. Then the department stated they "could not" arrest GZ because he had used that defense when people protested. My problem and my point is - This is untrue. They can take him into custody, have him arraigned, where he can then make this claim to a judge who will then rule if this specific law applies and whether he should be held over for trial.

Again. I get what you are doing and am not trying to be argumentative, but my issue is with LEOs in the field interpreting the law. It should not be happening. Their role is enforcement. Further, IF the PD in that area truly thinks they are not allowed to take anyone into custody who asserts self defense, that is a big problem IMO MOO and all that jazz.

I found this one.

Wow, I wonder if this is also the same officer that tried to change the witness statement about hearing Tray being the one that was calling for help.

Trayvon Martin case: Anthony Raimondo, first officer in charge of scene, involved in previous cover-up

Full report; http://www.thegrio.com/specials/tra...ge-of-scene-involved-in-previous-cover-up.php

One thing about this officer, he doesn't care what evidence is out there when he makes up his mind what happened. He knew someone was videoing this crime and he still tried to cover it up.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHGEam82GME"]Cops Son Caught On Camera Punching Homeless Man - YouTube[/ame]

How do we know that he didn't carry it as part of his neighborhood watch? Just because he had a license for a concealed weapon doesn't mean that the gun wasn't part of his NW. he had it that night when he went gunning for Tray, are we to buy that this was the only time he carried his weapon?
Do we know when he got his gun license?

I'd sure like to know what date he became involved in the neighborhood watch program and when he got his license. I wonder if they are within a close time frame of one another.

IMHO if Zimmerman thought he had legitimate reason to follow the kid.
He could have put a shot into the ground to scare the kid.
But you don’t put a shot into a kid, regardless of your issues.

I don’t know if he had fed up issues.
I don’t know if he had fear of strangers.
NOR DO I CARE.
Seems to me he himself had a problem with the law in the past.
But th kid got checked. :(

my question may seem silly but it keeps popping up in my head: was Mr Zimmerman a member of a real registered neighborhood watch program? if so,why was he alone? don't neighborhood watch members operate in teams? I know they do here.

No.

IMO

I'm kicking myself for not bookmarking this but I read yesterday ( can't remember where, it may have been here), that the officer in charge with Trayvon was the same officer who was in charge when the black homeless man was murdered by the son of a police lieutenant, and then too no arrest was made ( even though they had a video of it) until it became public.

Have others heard this?

Yes. I've seen that reported in several news articles.

Sharpton's Rally Moved Due To Expected Turnout
Protesters Will Meet Thursday At Fort Mellon Park

SANFORD, Fla. -- After an overwhelming response from the public, according to Reverend Al Sharpton, a Thursday night rally for Trayvon Martin will be moved to Fort Mellon Park in Sanford.

Sharpton Speaks Exclusively To WESH

Sharpton said he will lead a protest with Trayvon Martin's parents, Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin at 4:30 p.m. at 600 East 1st Street, instead instead of the First Shiloh Baptist Church on South Elm Avenue.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/30738473/detail.html#ixzz1prPIso1J

I will be focusing positive thought towards Sanford FL today. I am not a fan of Mr. Sharpton and hope that his visit will unite and not divide as I feel he is sometimes more focused on.

I will be focusing positive thought towards Sanford FL today. I am not a fan of Mr. Sharpton and hope that his visit will unite and not divide as I feel he is sometimes more focused on.

Ditto. I wish he'd stay home.

IMO, he likes to stir the crowd and racial tension up for nothing more than publicity and then he just moves on. He doesn't always seem to be too concerned with facts before he spouts off either.

There's positive movement right now, it seems to me and it is being demanded by all races, not just African Americans. I'd like to see it stay that way and I fear it won't if Al Sharpton gets too involved.

Author of "stand your ground" law:
George Zimmerman should probably be arrested for killing Trayvon Martin

t is the fact that Zimmerman ignored the 911 operator's advice not to follow Martin that former Sen. Peaden says disqualifies him from claiming self-defense under the law.

"The guy lost his defense right then," Peaden told the Miami Herald. "When he said 'I'm following him,' he lost his defense."

Rep. Dennis Baxley, Peaden's co-sponsor in the Florida House, agrees with his former colleague, telling the newspaper that the law does not license neighborhood watch or others who feel "like they have the authority to pursue and confront people. That is aggravating an incident right there."

Both co-sponsors told the newspaper, however, that they did not think the law needed to be re-examined.

"If you want to pass something, pass something that limits their ability to pursue and confront people," Baxley said. "It's about crime watch," he said. "What are the limitations of crime watch? Are you allowed to jump out and follow people and confront them? What do you think is going to happen? That's where it starts."
video at link-
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...bably-be-arrested-for-killing-trayvon-martin/

I think the real problem for GZ are those 46 (??) complaint calls to LE since January. He was a cronic complainer. No one makes that many calls unless they are a cronic complainer. The end result is GZ decided to take the law into his own hands as his neighbor describes him as being "fed up". GZ is his own worst enemy and a communities nightmare. jmo

I can't help but wonder how Zimmerman must feel knowing that he is a pariah in not only his town or state but the entire country? I hope he never has another moment of peace in his life. I hope that Trayvon's murder haunts him forever. Lock him up now!

George Zimmerman joins an infamous fraternity, which is rather elite for the wrong reasons. I seem to notice them more often likely due to the media. I can see him relating with other most hated figures like Casey Anthony, Jerry Sandusky, Lori Drew, Fred Phelps, and Osama bin Laden. What is wrong with all of them? :crazy:

I think the real problem for GZ are those 46 (??) complaint calls to LE since January. He was a cronic complainer. No one makes that many calls unless they are a cronic complainer. The end result is GZ decided to take the law into his own hands as his neighbor describes him as being "fed up". GZ is his own worst enemy and a communities nightmare. jmo

ITA
I wonder if we will get to hear those 46 or how ever many calls under the Fla. Sunshine Law?:waitasec:
It would be interesting to hear who or what else he was reporting!:moo:

I don't want Al Sharpton involved period.

I don't want Al Sharpton involved period.
Not only is he involved but from that rally the other night we now know that the Black Panthers are there as well. That is a precarious combination, to say the least.

JMHO

Regardless of who was the first officer on the scene, Martin is still dead.

What?

Yes, an innocent Trayvon is dead and there's an obvious major problem with the investigation so it's extremely relevant.

I was going to explain the relevance but it should be obvious.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members