Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #3 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
99% likely he is just a little punk, but either way I'd haul him in. Maybe he'll think twice next time. Seriously, what is wrong with these kids?

Sorry I'm. Bit behind! Has there been someone that's come forward with some sort of huge tiP or something????? Who is the punk??

And authorities from the Sexual Assault Felony Enforcement team have contacted all convicted sex offense registrants within a 10-mile radius of LaMar’s mother’s home, Cardoza said. Today, investigators started to focus on registrants outside the 10-mile radius. There are 267 sex offense registrants in Morgan Hill, San Martin and Gilroy, and investigators plan to contact all of them to determine their whereabouts when Sierra went missing.

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_a711e389-7772-5b78-a65a-693ec4dd84aa.html

Ocean, is there a link I can read?
Dad did this to the girls friends??

I read that it was friends of his girls but I will have to run the link down. Amanda.

Here is one about his felonies.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

snip

Court documents show that LaMar was originally charged with 12 felony counts of committing lewd or lascivious acts with three children under 14 in March 2009. He pleaded guilty to one count and was sentenced in September 2009 to a year in county jail.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/21/BAFV1NO67U.DTL

I dont understand that. He is a registered sex offender on girls under the age of 14.

imo

Refer to Megan's Law - California

In addition to allowing the public to view sex offender data, Megan’s Law allows California law enforcement agencies to actively distribute this information to the public. With certain restrictions, these agencies may notify residents of a community where a “high-risk” or “serious” sex offender resides, is employed, or frequents. They may post information relative
to an offender’s description, location and any relevant conditions of parole or probation, such as no contact with children.

ETC. He has visitation with his minor child per the courts of California after serving his 170 days.

He's not a POI in this case ... so it's moot anyway.

Sierra LaMar's parents are divorced, and she lived with her father in Fremont, Calif., until October, when she moved in with her mother and transferred to Sobrata High School in Morgan Hills.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sierra-lam...nia-teen-ramps/story?id=15992967#.T24Poo5ivs1

So, how is Sierra living with Dad until October 2011? Probation, not jail time?

Served 170 days jail time after pleading no contest in 2009.

Making the case even more complicated is that her father, a computer engineer, is a registered sex offender. He pleaded no contest in 2009 to "lewd acts" with a minor younger than 14 after he fondled a friend of his older daughter's at a slumber party in 1999.

But police say Steve LaMar, who is divorced from Sierra's mother and lives in Fremont, is not a suspect and has been fully cooperative with the investigation.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/top...er-missing-morgan-hill-girl-asks-public-focus

I read that it was friends of his girls but I will have to run the link down. Amanda.

Here is one about his felonies.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

snip

Court documents show that LaMar was originally charged with 12 felony counts of committing lewd or lascivious acts with three children under 14 in March 2009. He pleaded guilty to one count and was sentenced in September 2009 to a year in county jail.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/21/BAFV1NO67U.DTL

---and fondled one of the oldest daughter's friends in 1999 ( when the older daughter would have only been about 8, and sierra about 3 years old...)

http://www.marinij.com/ci_20223645/father-missing-morgan-hill-girl-asks-public-focus

Making the case even more complicated is that her father, a computer engineer, is a registered sex offender. He pleaded no contest in 2009 to "lewd acts" with a minor younger than 14 after he fondled a friend of his older daughter's at a slumber party in 1999.

Not sleuthing the parents of Sierra as per TOS since they are not suspects or POI in this case.

Oh I didnt ask you to sleuth them.

I was just curious how long they had been divorced.

Sure have..she makes absolute sense. If you are unfortunate enough to be divorced, don't bring BF.s/GF's around till the kids are grown.
This philosophy has saved some kids lives.
Please hold off on the tomatoes. I've received them before and the stains don't come out.

I just have to say, my mom was a single mom and adopted this philosophy. She never dated when we were home. She was so flipping miserable and lonely it REALLY affected us kids. Ironically, she's never dated after we left. She was too old to find anyone that was semi normal that wasn't already married. So she's lived out the rest of her life (now 64) still lonely and miserable.

There isn't a "one size fits all" answer here. Of course, single parents dating should be EXTREMELY cautious. I think advising not to leave their kids alone with their boyfriends is smart ... but expecting someone to go 18 (+++ if there are more children) years without dating simply isn't realistic.

He's not a violent offender and those exclusions don't pertain + he has visitation with his daughters, as minors.

I'm well aware that he is not a violent offender. If I knew one of my daughter's friends had a Father who molested his own daughter's friends, I would not allow her to ever go to that home.

Pretty sure many parents would feel the same way. Did I miss your point somewhere?

I'm well aware that he is not a violent offender. If I knew one of my daughter's friends had a Father who molested his own daughter's friends, I would not allow her to ever go to that home.

Pretty sure many parents would feel the same way. Did I miss your point somewhere?

I don't know what the parent's of her friends think about Sierra's dad or if they even knew about his RSO status.

It's still 1970 in my house..

....can't see why a parent needs to be in touch with their kids while they're in school. After school for a ride, sure. But up till 3:00pm, the phones should be off...IMO and apparently some schools.

Because schools aren't parents?
My teenaged daughter was being harassed by some boys in lunch period. She did the right thing and went to the principal, counseler, etc. and asked to have her lunch period moved. They refused. She offered to work in the office at lunch, they refused. I called and spoke with them... they told me there was nothing they could do. I went to the super of the school. It's too complicated to just switch lunch periods. She might lose classes, she might have to take withdrawl fails in some classes, etc. I talked to the school police officer and was told they boys were "just being boys". Yet my daughter was scared, crying, didn't want to go to lunch every single day she was hiding in a bathroom, texting me.

So..... I'm a parent and I made a choice. My daughter skips lunch and sits on a bench outside the office and texts me. The school won't step up and put an end to it. I will.

Both parents and Gardiner have been ruled out as suspects, and all three have alibis for the time of Sierra’s disappearance, Sheriff’s Lt. Troy Smith added.
Steve LaMar is a registered sex offender in Fremont, but police said he has been fully cooperative with authorities since the investigation began. Steve LaMar released a statement this week saying he immediately disclosed his previous conviction to authorities, and asked people to focus on finding his daughter rather than on the “unfortunate” piece of his past.
http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news...cle_6739b022-7485-11e1-93a8-001a4bcf6878.html

The father has been upfront about his record. The police have ruled out both parents and the mom's bf. No facts point to family involvement. Unless new information comes to light, sleuthing either parent or the bf is off limits. This includes idle speculation. Please stay on track. Thanks.

ETA: The thread is veering off topic, and OT posts can be removed. The discussion is about the disappearance of Sierra Lamar, not our personal views on child rearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Humanehuman