Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #3 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm well aware that he is not a violent offender. If I knew one of my daughter's friends had a Father who molested his own daughter's friends, I would not allow her to ever go to that home.

Pretty sure many parents would feel the same way. Did I miss your point somewhere?

And it wasnt a one time offense either.

JOSTAD: Right. He does. And the sheriff`s department has confirmed this. We found records on this, as well. Her father is a registered sex offender.

COSBY: Wait, wait, wait! A registered sex offender? What happened?

JOSTAD: That`s correct. This is an incident actually going from 1998 to 2004.

COSBY: Wait, wait, wait! An incident? That sounds like repeated incidents.

JOSTAD: A continued -- right, continuing incident. He was actually charged with 12 counts of lewd or lascivious behavior with a child under 14. He pled no contest...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/20/ng.01.html

If her mom had been in the house...and Sierra got into a car down at the end of the driveway and her mom did not see her do so...it would not have mattered whether she was home while Sierra got ready for school or not. She still would not have known that Sierra did not make it to school until whenever she did find out. Or should mom have walked her to the bus stop and stayed there with her too? She is 15, not 7, or even 11. JMO
No, but her mom could have given her a ride to the bus stop to ensure she got there safely! I drive my daughter everywhere so I know she gets there.

No, but her mom could have given her a ride to the bus stop to ensure she got there safely! I drive my daughter everywhere so I know she gets there.

Her mom had to leave for work around 6 am.

imo

I was a very hands on mother when our children were growing up. Very overprotective, but I cant honestly say I watched them every minute of everyday like a hawk. I had to sleep and so did their stepdad. I had to work and so did he. They played in the yard and the back woods behind our house. They went with their friends to the mall, school and out to eat..over to their friends' house..etc.

As they grew older I learned not to be a helicopter mom and hover over them constantly. Imo, freedom and trust must be given or it stunts their social growth.

Could one of them been abducted by someone? Yes, most likely.

Children have been abducted in all sorts of situations. They came from good parents too but imo, parents cant watch their children every minute and it doesnt take but a blink of an eye for a child to be gone.

IMO
I'm proud to be a "helicopter parent" because it means my daughter is safe and alive!!!

I agree with most of your post, up until the very end. I think it's possible the abductor forced Sierra to strip, and she neatly folded her clothes when putting them into her purse.

BBM. ITA. Assault victims will do that to kill time and put off whats coming next. Not an expert, just from what I've gathered from following crime cases for decades.

More than 100 members of Bay Area search-and-rescue teams scoured a 12-mile radius Saturday, but no new clues were discovered in the search for Sierra LaMar, the missing 15-year-old Morgan Hill girl.

It was the largest search effort since the former Fremont resident went missing more than a week ago, according to Sgt. Jose Cardoza, spokesman for the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office.

Sheriff's search-team members from Santa Clara, Marin, Alameda, San Mateo and Santa Cruz counties braved the rain from 10 a.m. to dusk and searched an area that stretched from the San Jose-Morgan Hill border to Hecker Pass, Cardoza said.

"We expanded our search," he said. "This is the most personnel we've used and the farthest we've gone."

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_20249493/search-continues-sierra-lamar-morgan-hill

My mom and dad both worked. And a lot of people nowadays are in that same postion.
By the age of 15, after school, I was helping to raise my little brother, cooking supper for the family, cleaning the house... all before my mom and dad came home.
A 15 year old girl should not have to have a nursemaid to watch over her, imo.
IMO

At the age of 16 I was working part time, going to school, taking care of a disabled mom and elderly grandmother and my own infant daughter.

I turned out okay ;) .......and my daughter turned out better - she just got her acceptance letter to an Ivy League school largely paid with scholarships :)

Doesn't mean that she would be safer she would still be standing at a bus stop.

What do we know about other cases in the bay area that are similar to hers? Say going back over the last 5-7 years.

What do we know about other cases in the bay area that are similar to hers? Say going back over the last 5-7 years.

I did read somewhere this past week about a thirteen year old girl trying to be lured into a truck by an older man. I even saw a sketch of the man but dang I cant remember where I read it now.

It was close to the area because they were saying in the comment section that LE needed to check him out concerning Sierra.

IMO

There are several teen girls on CA's missing page and all are listed as "runaway", Sierra is on there, listed only as "suspicious circumstances." If they had not found her her items, she would be listed as "runway" too. JMO

It's overloaded with a lot of items not normally intended to be carried.
Textbooks? To me it all depends on the hasps or closure mechanism
Does anyone know?

Designer bags especially are not known for their serious hardware.
Sometimes just an embedded magnetic closure.
Sometimes a twist latch, either of which would give way and spill roll all over
on impact.

I thought it was just off the road at the intersection.

IIRC, the bag was down in a ditch and it does look like it was tossed. Rural road but well traveled. There is a pic showing the area floating around here somewhere. And also a pic of the same design of purse. The top is more narrow then the rest. I have a Kathy VZ bag right now and it's made the same way and same size except it's deeper. The narrow top irritates the heck out of me because I have to fight to get my wallet out then get it through the straps. At times I've got everything but the kitchen sink in there and nothing has ever fallen out. I disagree about the hardware, they are stealth! lol.

Unless she was leaving a trail I don't see a teenage girl throwing out a 200+ Juicy bag out or hiding it in the elements that's not really walking distance to anything.

Wow! One of her tweets indicate she does drugs. And the majority of her tweets are very unkind and vulgar. Hmmm...

Wrong. The school district has social networking sites blocked and they are not allowed to use the internet at home for anything other than research purposes. My children do not go to friends' houses.
What is easy is for parents to turn a blind eye to what their kids are doing. That will never happen here.

The school district can have social networking sites blocked ... but anyone with a phone that has 3G / 4G can use that to get online. Even in a blocked school, it's happening.... LOTS. Many of the phones now can actually OUTPUT wifi ... so friends will let others link into their wifi to use their phones if they don't have data. Above and beyond that, some of the best and smartest hackers in the WORLD are teenagers. My daughter goes to school with a boy that can shut down all the schools internet guards with a few well placed codes... they can surf whatever they want on the library computers ... and then he puts them back up.

Like Sierra most teens are all over twitter, facebook, etc. if they aren't doing it from home... they find a way.

I'm not sure about the iphone / facetime thing. I just had my daughter do it from my ipad , her touch, and her iphone and the images all looked the same ? Maybe she just had another device that wasn't a PHONE per se ?

Sorry amstill playing catch up from this afternoon and am mostly just a Lurker here in Sierra's thread but just thought that it was likely that Sierra was facetiming with her sister from her home computer or laptop.. I know she had an android cell which as Sarx stated earlier android is NOT COMPATIBLE with iPhone or any apple product.. but I could see her asking her sister to facetime with her on her laptop(if it is indeed a Mac would make sense) ..

Anywhoo sorry if this was already long since brought up and discussed:blushing:..back to lurking and catching up on this evenings posts as I'm still a page behind..

I haven't found any that were like this. Where a girl disappears in such a short window without any trace. :( I looked ... but turned up nothing in the past 3 years or so.

I did read somewhere this past week about a thirteen year old girl trying to be lured into a truck by an older man. I even saw a sketch of the man but dang I cant remember where I read it now.

It was close to the area because they were saying in the comment section that LE needed to check him out concerning Sierra.

IMO

It was posted about on one of Sierra's news articles. The girl (who was lured)'s aunt was posting about it. I would think LE would be seeing if the two could possibly be linked.

*Respectfully* Oh my gosh people can we stop with the parenting debates! I'm sure her Mom feels as though she should have done more now but it is not really getting us anywhere by debating who would have walked their child to the bus stop and who would have taken the cellphone off their child etc etc!

Are there any other girls missing from Morgan Hill specifically?

It was posted about on one of Sierra's news articles. The girl (who was lured)'s aunt was posting about it. I would think LE would be seeing if the two could possibly be linked.

That was a comment made on one of the article NBC BAY AREA Face book page. I am sure the MHPD has checked that one out more than once or twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member