Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #3 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because schools aren't parents?
My teenaged daughter was being harassed by some boys in lunch period. She did the right thing and went to the principal, counseler, etc. and asked to have her lunch period moved. They refused. She offered to work in the office at lunch, they refused. I called and spoke with them... they told me there was nothing they could do. I went to the super of the school. It's too complicated to just switch lunch periods. She might lose classes, she might have to take withdrawl fails in some classes, etc. I talked to the school police officer and was told they boys were "just being boys". Yet my daughter was scared, crying, didn't want to go to lunch every single day she was hiding in a bathroom, texting me.

So..... I'm a parent and I made a choice. My daughter skips lunch and sits on a bench outside the office and texts me. The school won't step up and put an end to it. I will.
OMG this is reprehensible! This is just not ok and there has got to be SOMEONE who will step up and do the right thing where this damn school is concerned. . Its not boys being boys! I have a teenaged son and this is not acceptable behavior EVER! IT IS CALLED BULLYING!

I haven't time at the moment to share but I know someone this exact situation occurred to and she took matters into her own hands so to speak.. this bullying BS is not OK in my book and I'm sick of hearing oh its just the way kids have always been! I say BS! Some these kids are downright vicious and evil!

Bolded By Me...

I don't know if her tumbler is really all that wild for 15 yr olds in the Bay Area. MOst all of those images are 'generic' ones that other kids send along to each other and then repost. They do it mostly for shock value. Even the sexy ones and the ones of pills and pot buds, are just re-posts that others send from the massive photo libraries the kids choose from.

Many of the words she wrote are actually hip-hop lyrics and or movie quotes. I remember freaking when I saw some things my 17 yr old wrote on her wall, then she showed me they were lines from Carrie Bradshow on that NY tv show. [ cannot remember the name of the show]

Also, the things she said about her mom, the complaints about her....kind of normal for 15 yr olds, imo. My DD and I are very close and she and I get along really well. But sometimes my son would ask if she and I were fighting and he would read me something she wrote on her FB. It kind of hurt my feelings sometimes, but she was really just venting and 'fronting' most of the time. She would say publicly how 'lame ' it was that I wanted her to stay home on Sunday and call me a name. But then in reality she would be fine about it and enjoy the family time. So imo, you cannot really take the shocking and edgy and cursing for what it might appear to be. IMO

Many of her original posts were literally her own words. The last original one said something like, "I want drugs, k bye" and back in July (yes, I read through a lot of posts) she had a Summer Bucket List where most of the things was getting wasted, "staying high for 12 hours straight", going to raves, hosting a rave, ect, ect.

While many of her tweets on Twitter were song lyrics, her tumblr was alot of generic photos and her own words. Oh and on Tumblr she kept ranting about a certain girl at school that she hates. She wouldn't mention her name but kept going on about how she wishes the girl is reading her post right now. She made a few posts spread throughout the months regarding this girl or other girls she hated at school.

I think people are discounting her Tumblr page way too much before actually reading through it so no one is paying attention to it. But there is a lot of things in there about her frame of mind and her situation.

Another tid-bit from her Tumblr, she broke someone's heart recently so there was a boyfriend.

Thank you sassynic for taking the time to go through it. I have skimmed it, but have been focused on maps and haven't had a chance to really dive into it. I do agree that there could be important info tucked in there for sure.

As far as the tumblr acct I ? if LE even realizes they have to scroll down for EVER to get to the end.
After viewing the entire thing there is NO ? as to what her mind set is.

At first I was shocked. I have returned twice and viewed the ENTIRE THING at length
and now I'm just freakin :( she was so troubled.

You know someone also brought up the twitter post about LA between her and a friend of hers days before she disappeared. And how that friend has not twittered since that day either,
I am throwing .this out here for you all to think about. Put yourself in Sierra shoes for a minute .15 years old had a great plan to go away for a few days to LA sneak away so to speak with no one knowing. All of the sudden that Saturdayin California at least you find out everyone and their brother is looking for you.
Than all of the sudden the FBI is brought in.i know if I was 15 I would be scared to death right now. Afraid of what will happen to me if I show up. Now remember I am thinking as a 15 year old not as an adult. My great idea has gone kaboom and now I can see my way out.

Just my random thoughts and I really hope this is what is happening right now.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/video/#!/news/local/Sierra-Lamars-Parents-Interview/143967166

March 23 interview with parents

Reporter: Can you tell us what your reaction is to the latest announcement of the discovery of your daughters clothes?

Marlene: Well, this is, you know, it's been real, you know, up to this point, but- just, very convicting that there is- there's something not right about this whole situation. You know, as far as her being gone this long and finding the items- it's terrifying. You know? I try not to think bad things and, just- you know, please, you know- keep your strength, baby. I know you have it in you to survive this.

Reporter: Would it be out of character for her to pack some clothes in a bag?

Marlene: I've seen her bring things and put it her purse and try to- you know, give it to her friend. That, you know, they borrow each others clothes. I've seen her do that quite a few times. But, to leave- to, you know- to leave it somewhere, I just can't imagine. It's not normal. You know, to find something like that in that type of area, um.

Reporter: You've had a week, obviously, to have to deal with this. I'd imagine you've been wracking your brain for details that maybe before would seem innocuous. Is there anything now you think back on and go "Wow, maybe this is significant"? Anything along those lines?

Marlene: I've been wracking my brain 24 hours, I've been having a hard time sleeping because I keep thinking I'm going to remember something that's going to be a clue. The Sheriff's department has been informing me and updating me, and um, as much as possible, and I just- you know, people ask me things, and you know- I just keep jogging my memory- you know, hoping that I'll think of something and I'm reaching out to the public and the community. You know, if you think you remember seeing something odd, you know, nothing is insignificant. Um, every little bit of information is going to help lead the Sheriff's department to my daughter. Just, you know, don't hold any information back.

Reporter: What is the next step for you and the family in terms of trying to find her? I know the FBI was here yesterday. Law enforcement seems to be very heavily involved. Are there efforts to organize volunteer search parties?

Marlene: We're never going to give up. We're not going to give up, and um- go ahead.

Steve: I was going to talk about Marc Klass, yeah? We've got Marc Klass, Klass Kids coming in helping us. We've talked to him and so, that's been really helpful. They're going to- they're going to help us a lot. We're looking forward to that and a couple of other organizations. NCMEC has, you know, has got Sierra on the list so that's really helpful. We've got, um- that coming up, and we're setting up some- um, fundraising and um, you know, a place for donations and things like that. So, we've got that kind of thing in the works right now. And then we've also got, you know, we're probably trying to do our own search as soon as law enforcement allows us to.

Reporter: What gives you hope? What gives you optimism seven days out?

Marlene: My faith, and I believe the individual that she is, you know, she's strong. She's a survivor. And she loves her friends and her family. And I wish-I know you- if you could see the support you've been getting from the community, I know that's going to even give you even more strength to find your way back to us.

Reporter: This is still considered a missing persons case but do you think she was abducted?

Marlene: I think that- that that's uh, a strong possibility.

Steve: We don't know-

Marlene: -we don't know. We don't want to think that.

Steve: There really isn't-it's baffling, because there really isn't, uh- something that points strongly to either, uh- you know, runaway or an abduction, so. And that's baffling and frustrating, you know- both, for all of us.

Marlene: The longer we wait the more baffling it becomes. And, you know- I just want the media to continue posting her picture and the contact number. I really appreciate their efforts, and I know that you care too. That you have children as well. And I know that- I'm hoping that, you know, you think of her as your own child. You know, she's- she was such a loveable young lady.

Reporter: The fact that her clothing was folded up in her bag, does that say to you that she was preparing to go somewhere, maybe?

Marlene: I-I, I have no idea. You know, I haven't seen the item- I haven't seen the bag or the items. So, I can't really comment on that. You know, as far as the condition is was- to give you feedback about that.

Reporter: The sheriff said they think it was a Sharks jersey. Did she have-

Marlene: She took a picture of herself, right before she left. She frequently took pictures of herself because she was into her hair and makeup. And uh, that was common for her to do something like that. And she was wearing a

Sharks sweatshirt in that picture.

Reporter: In the picture she took-

Marlene: On the computer.

Reporter:-last Friday morning?

Marlene: Yes, on the computer.

Reporter: Wearing that Sharks sweatshirt?

Marlene: That's correct.

Reporter: Then, would it be logical to assume she left the house in that?

Marlene: Yes. I would assume that since she took that on the computer right before she left for the bus stop.

Reporter: And that's what was found in the bag?

Marlene: Um, I-I think, I think so.

Reporter: If she were watching, what would you want to say to your daughter?

Marlene: Um, I'm just saying- you know, we love you so much and everybody loves you so much. And, you know, our hearts are really aching- aching for your return- safe return and we're all praying and we know that you are going to find your way back to us. And, and if somebody's holding her, please, please find it in your hearts to release her. I just want her back. That's the most important thing. I want her safely returned. I want her back in my arms. I want to hear her say "I love you" and "Have a great day" like we always did every morning. I want to be able to reciprocate that and give her and big hug and just not let her go.

Reporter: Marlene, I'm really sorry. Thank you so much.

Marlene: I really appreciate you guys keeping- you know, because it shows that you are supporting our efforts as well. I'd really like to thank the media for that.

You know someone also brought up the twitter post about LA between her and a friend of hers days before she disappeared. And how that friend has not twittered since that day either,
I am throwing .this out here for you all to think about. Put yourself in Sierra shoes for a minute .15 years old had a great plan to go away for a few days to LA sneak away so to speak with no one knowing. All of the sudden that Saturdayin California at least you find out everyone and their brother is looking for you.
Than all of the sudden the FBI is brought in.i know if I was 15 I would be scared to death right now. Afraid of what will happen to me if I show up. Now remember I am thinking as a 15 year old not as an adult. My great idea has gone kaboom and now I can see my way out.

Just my random thoughts and I really hope this is what is happening right now.

Maybe that is why mom was saying " I know you are strong and can find your way back?"

Many of her original posts were literally her own words. The last original one said something like, "I want drugs, k bye" and back in July (yes, I read through a lot of posts) she had a Summer Bucket List where most of the things was getting wasted, "staying high for 12 hours straight", going to raves, hosting a rave, ect, ect.

While many of her tweets on Twitter were song lyrics, her tumblr was alot of generic photos and her own words. Oh and on Tumblr she kept ranting about a certain girl at school that she hates. She wouldn't mention her name but kept going on about how she wishes the girl is reading her post right now. She made a few posts spread throughout the months regarding this girl or other girls she hated at school.

I think people are discounting her Tumblr page way too much before actually reading through it so no one is paying attention to it. But there is a lot of things in there about her frame of mind and her situation.

Another tid-bit from her Tumblr, she broke someone's heart recently so there was a boyfriend.

Even with all of that, it doesn't seem to me that she is that out of the norm for 15 yr olds in suburban California. Raves are a big thing with 14 and 15 yr olds, and it doesn't mean they are all drug addicts. My kids went to raves when they were younger. Neither of them are any worse for wear. And even that comment, " I want drugs, k bye" ---does not mean she was into hard drugs in any way.

I agree that it is important to see what she was writing about and how she was feeling. But I don't believe she was a hardcore druggie or was way into sex or even hated her mom. I think she was a normal, little bit edgy, precocious kid.

It is interesting about the boyfriend info. One of her supposedly good friends said she never had one. I found that hard to believe since she was so into fashion and looking good and was so pretty and smart and social. I knew there had to be some boys around there somewhere.

Also, I think she had a huge wall up to protect herself. The move and the divorce and her dad's becoming an RSO must have all put a heavy strain on her. I bet she was very defensive when she settled in MH> So much of that stuff about the other mean girl was probably her trying to fit in and defend herself. And I bet there were rumors about her dad's past swirling around her. You cannot hide stuff like that just by changing up schools.

When was the LA talk?

Sarx there was twitter chatter between Sierra and a friend and seeing each other in LA .in on this thread somewhere.it struck me strange how the other person has stop her twittering

I wanna say March 10th or 12th?
I'll look.

Even her comments about 'feeling so alone'' and emotional things like that. Lot sand lots of teens talk that way on their tumbers and twitter accounts. Teen angst and all that. I don't see her as being that extremely troubled. I see some issues and some need for counseling and support, sure. But I don't see a suicidal teen or see someone that wanted to run away forever. imoo

I thought this was significant considering the timing.
I was surprised when we talked about this it didn't get
any traction before.

There was so much going on earlier I think it was just overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ari76