17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is that a matter of belief when there are phone records and where has it been stated that she just remembered it after three weeks?

I find articles and post links to articles. I don't write them

He said , he was walking back to his car. Do we really know how far he was from his car when he said that? He was running for a bit.

He said he got out to check the street address. That would still mean he should be in the street, not behind the houses.

I find articles and post links to articles. I don't write them

I know that and it wasn't directed at you. I quoted you because you brought his statement up.

picture.php

I love this picture! But it makes me so sad.

He probably can't use SYG if he initiated the conflict. But he could still use self-defense, as long he had no way to retreat.

Saying TM may have been scared because GZ looked like a white skinhead is racial profiling.

Not all light skinned males with shaved heads are skinheads anymore than all black teens in hoodies are thugs.

Just wanted to point that out.

LOL, bald runs in my family. I was only looking at it from the perspective of a 17 year old black scared teenager. Who knows , if GZ would have been black, the whole tragedy would not have happened either.
Everybody when they meet somebody for the first time, does some profiling in their mind based on many appearance factors.

LOL, bald runs in my family. I was only looking at it from the perspective of a 17 year old black scared teenager. Who knows , if GZ would have been black, the whole tragedy would not have happened either.
Everybody when they meet somebody for the first time, does some profiling in their mind based on many appearance factors.

Rotterdam,

Racial profiling is racial profiling. It makes no difference who is profiling who.

In your post you said "more scary than a regular white dude" and "white skinhead".

Both are profiling. No matter how many bald people are in your family.

That portion of your post contained racial profiling. 100%

And yet, you didn't deny that it was stated as fact that Trayvon had punched GZ and slammed his head into the concrete...

But isn't that GZ's story? Like it or not, GZ's statement is evidence. We are all free to decide if he's telling the truth or not, but it's not rumor (unless his statement has been misreported). What's so hard, for me, about this case is that there's just no way of knowing exactly what happened and whether GZ had reasonable cause for an SYG or self defense claim.

IMO, I don't think it's reasonable to shoot and kill an unarmed teenager even if he's punched you or thrown you to the ground. But I have had my head pounded into a tile floor and, for me, it was very frightening. The sound your head makes as it gets slammed again and again, and the fear that your skull is going to break apart at any second. So I can understand the fear part but I'm still torn as to whether fear is reasonable cause or over reaction. Personally, I lean toward over reaction. But it sounds like Florida law is more lenient than I am.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

:maddening:
“I find it very strange with the publicity involved . . . that all of a sudden, after three weeks, someone would remember that they were on the phone

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/spike_you_twit_Xgh7Ibaug2NSncZJqGUQdN#ixzz1qVBXmdCl

Well, all I can say, he is a loving father trying to protect his son. Too emotionally involved and not necessary accurate.

As to Tray's girlfriend. It could have been a very traumatic experience after she found out Tray was killed, so not really three weeks later . Folks tend to remember traumatic experiences better. Did not they say, she ended up in the hospital because she was so upset.
If you are old enough , you probably remember what you were doing when JFK was shot.

So true. When I saw GZ's mug shot, I thought "scary dude!" But when I see him in his shirt and tie photo, I think he looks like a nice guy. It's been my experience that we're all guilty, to some degree, of often judging a book by its cover.

I'm only on page 8. I'm trying to catch up.

Is it possible that Trayvon broke his nose in his fall after being shot? It spun him around and he fell on his hands, broke his nose. :(

So true. When I saw GZ's mug shot, I thought "scary dude!" But when I see him in his shirt and tie photo, I think he looks like a nice guy. It's been my experience that we're all guilty, to some degree, of often judging a book by its cover.

But most of the outrage in this case has been racial profiling.

There have been marches against racial profiling, congress meetings about racial profiling, celebrities wearing hoodies to combat racial profiling.... The list goes on and on.

Can't have it both ways.

It can't be said that it would be ok to profile GZ. It just doesn't make sense.

I'm only on page 8. I'm trying to catch up.

Is it possible that Trayvon broke his nose in his fall after being shot? It spun him around and he fell on his hands, broke his nose. :(

I don't think he had a broke nose. Only 1 person has said that.

I think she misspoke.

Well, Trayvon had no bruises on his knuckles, so he didn't throw a first punch, or any, nor slam his head into the concrete... We now know that!

That is possible too.
But not every time one throws a punch do his knuckles get bruised.
Not sure any one looked at TM's knuckles...why would they?

That is possible too.
But not every time one throws a punch do his knuckles get bruised.
Not sure any one looked at TM's knuckles...why would they?

The funeral director said there was no bruising on TM's knuckles.

I've been reading up on bruising right after death and the fact that sometimes bruises fade within 2 hours after death.

But I think the lack of bruises on TM's knuckles proves anything.

But that's JMO.

IMHO... Do we have an arrest yet? IMHO.. IT'S TIME... An arrest and charges filed against George Zimmerman is way over due.....JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab