TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize that it's very hilly. That's apparent in the google earth maps, but it's not really possible to demonstrate the terrain using google earth. I thought the maps might help you identify where Karen was found, which was some distance from the cemetery. Karen was found about 100 yards from the Tornado Memorial Cross near the road that goes to the cemetery.

I did post this one earlier ... which shows the terrain as well.

swiftpossiblelocation.jpg

Yes I know and thanks Otto. I have followed all photos here all along as well as the ones in our paper. I also could see the area where she was found from the road Saturday when we were by there...there was still crime scene tape and some objects at the point where her body was...I assume they were cherubs or markers of some sort. As I said we did not stop just drove by.

ETA: I have been in this area many times in my life just not so much recently. Of course never taking into consideration that one day I would see it all anew for such a sad reason.

Thanks Otto and Nana for the maps, earth views, and travel dialog!

From the maps and earht views that Otto has provided, I had thought the various different locations to be further apart, than the impression I go reading Nana's road trip accounts.

So putting them all together (maps, earthviews, and actual travel narratives) is most helpful, and thanks to you folks for this.

Haven't been on here very much lately because of college finals...... I'm finally finished with college, but I think of Karen's case often and her family and for justice to be served!!!!

I think we're all waiting, has there been any release from the sheriff recently? Like this week??

It still looked very dead to me MagnoliaMom....as I said I hope to go back and take my time including even going down into the cemetery itself...don't want to go where she was found I just want to see the entrance and outlying areas. I just have to believe that the perp has to know this area like the back of his or her hand. To even think of disposing a body there just gives me chills. I can't believe the perp is a woman because of the carrying of her body,etc. I feel it is someone fairly strong. But I guess if you are cruel enough to murder someone you can manage a feat of body disposal fairly easily. God I hope I never know.

Thank you for taking the time to make this journey - the information is invaluable for someone as myself who is totally unfamiliar with the area. The information regarding the proximity of the homes is also very interesting as I had envisioned them being fairly far apart. Now it appears almost impossible for her to have been kidnapped and assaulted at the side of the road without anyone hearing anything. Therefore, my first thoughts of someone staging the car are even more firm.....

MOO

Based on the sheriff saying " investigators feel the results will be helpful in their homicide investigation"
http://www.stategazette.com/story/1827595.html

Only saying "helpful" does not sound too positive IMO, so I think we're in for a long wait....

The lack of information is definitely leading my beliefs even more toward her husband; otherwise one would assume there would be foreign DNA/fingerprints/other evidence on her remains or vehicle. Most stranger perpetrators can't completely remove evidence.......

MOO

Still here waiting for justice for Karen.

There were a few articles this weekend that said nothing new, nothing we have not already heard. Karen's death not linked to any other disappearances. :sigh: To me, this indicates a personal crime, someone she knew. I wish that this person would save her kids and her family the additional grief of a trial. I honestly wish that someone would grow a conscience and do the right thing for once.

:rose: Remembering Karen :rose:

:rose: Here for Karen :rose:

In reviewing old articles, a few paragraphs from March 20 stood out a bit:
http://www.stategazette.com/story/1827595.html

Box noted the four and one-half month-long investigation has produced numerous items requiring analysis and they are still waiting on a few more results to come back.

"This has been an investigation which has developed a lot of evidence that required lab work," said Box. "We have received lab results from much of the evidence submitted, but are still awaiting DNA processing and results of additional evidence that has been sent to the TBI Crime Lab."

Box said each piece of evidence they have collected has yielded valuable information as they build their case.

I sincerely hope that they have a POI and that they are watching him carefully. I also hope that they are just trying to insure a conviction, but they cannot wait too long. Sometimes other bad things happen if LE waits too long to insure a conviction rather than just getting the bad guy off the street. Sometimes, if LE arrests the bad guy, there may be a witness that comes forward. Said witness may have been scared of the bad guy when he was out free, but may come forward once he is locked up. I am sincerely trying to be supportive of LE, but I admit whole-heartedly that I am impatient by nature when it comes to justice. I just want to get the criminals locked up and prevent any future victims!

My prayers are with Karen's mom, sister, and kids as they continue to deal with this tragedy every day.

Posted today by Sheriff Box via FB:

Sheriff Jeff Box Thanks for your recent comments, concerns and prayers. This case is still ongoing, I missed posting the March 20th State Gazette press release article, I will post it also. Due that investigation currently ongoing, we can only make limited statements until the case is resolved. We do not have any information in our file that would indicate that anyone else would be in any danger from any suspect in this case, if we did it would be continously releasing the information to the public. We are aware there are many unanswered questions in the public, that will remain unanswered all lab work is completed and an arrest is made, the public is pool that a jury will be picked from when an indictment is obtained. Our office will maintain the integrity of the investigation until a sucessful prosecution in this case is achieved and are not and will not be part of any internet blogs or internet gossip columns that exploit the victim or her friends or her loves ones. Thanks Again
3 hours a

Posted today by Sheriff Box via FB:

Sheriff Jeff Box Thanks for your recent comments, concerns and prayers. This case is still ongoing, I missed posting the March 20th State Gazette press release article, I will post it also. Due that investigation currently ongoing, we can only make limited statements until the case is resolved. We do not have any information in our file that would indicate that anyone else would be in any danger from any suspect in this case, if we did it would be continously releasing the information to the public. We are aware there are many unanswered questions in the public, that will remain unanswered all lab work is completed and an arrest is made, the public is pool that a jury will be picked from when an indictment is obtained. Our office will maintain the integrity of the investigation until a sucessful prosecution in this case is achieved and are not and will not be part of any internet blogs or internet gossip columns that exploit the victim or her friends or her loves ones. Thanks Again
3 hours a

BBM I am just bothered by that. Someone killed KS. They have that in the file. They were definitely a danger to her. I just don't know how they can be so confident that "any suspect" might not be a danger to someone else or even themselves. Can we really ever know that about someone? This person may not have had a history of violence or murders prior to the night they killed KS but since that night they do have a history of at least one act of homicide. It is not like they got mad and keyed someone's car. How can they have this much faith in this person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member