17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM...

The problem with profiling based upon the color of one's skin/gender is that it subjects innocent people to unwarranted suspicion and accusations. No matter what percentage of black males living in Sanford, FL can be considered criminal, there is an additional percentage who cannot be considered criminal. And it is a violation of the civil rights of all of these people to make an assumption that is not based on evidence, as opposed to statistical assumptions.

As always...Just My Opinion

We are profiling potential terrorists all day long.
We can’t live with eyes wide shut.
:moo:

It doesn't, because following is not illegal. Nowhere in the law does it say that if you follow someone, you can not use stand your ground defense.

GZ was harassing Trayvon IMO which is illegal. Pls note that the stalking law does not say repeatedly harassing , just repeatedly following.

Florida Law:
"Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows or harasses another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083."
http://www.esia.net/State_Stalking_Laws.htm

If the majority of KNOWN burgularies are by Black youngsters...and the other are undetermined (could be Black or not) ...that means that ALL known burgularies were by Black young men. Maybe some or all of the others are too.

But what GZ Had to go on...was all SOLVED cases were Black youngsters. ALL SOLVED CASES> 100%. Therefore it's not profiling. It's factual common sense to watch an stranger in that demographic.

We are profiling potential terrorists all day long.
We can’t live with eyes wide shut.
:moo:
That's done by real LE at airports, not everyday citizens on the street!

Basically, not much has been new on this case. We must wait for a proper investigation which is underway now.
I personally come on here to lend my support for FAIR LEGAL OUTCOME.
Yes Trayvon’s parents deserve an answer.
BUT – I am very saddened :( by the witch hunt, or hangings without justice. And HAVE to put in my two cents and hopefully people will ask themselves HOW do I know this is true???
It is despicable in my opinion that some are judge and jury. There is definitely a 2 minute pause where we do not know a thing.

May I ask why you keep referring to hangings? That seems odd.

GZ was harassing Trayvon IMO which is illegal. Pls note that the stalking law does not say repeatedly harassing , just repeatedly following.

Florida Law:
"Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows or harasses another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083."
http://www.esia.net/State_Stalking_Laws.htm

Doesn't repeatedly apply to both follows and harasses? By the way how did he harass Trayvon? Based on his story all he did is ask him a question.
If I ask you a question is that harassment?

If the majority of KNOWN burgularies are by Black youngsters...and the other are undetermined (could be Black or not) ...that means that ALL known burgularies were by Black young men. Maybe some or all of the others are too.

But what GZ Had to go on...was all SOLVED cases were Black youngsters. ALL SOLVED CASES> 100%. Therefore it's not profiling. It's factual common sense to watch an stranger in that demographic.

So if in my area all burglaries have been committed by white people (which is actually likely), then it's fine for a black man to follow all white people in the dark, right?

And it would shed light on why GZ might have profiled TM. Because of the crime stats he knows for his neighborhood.
Although it's disgusting the profiling he did, I can somewhat understand it in his mind. Where he took it too far, is his actions beyond calling 911. I am Neighborhood Watch for my block. I do NOT patrol, and I do NOT carry, nor own a gun. I think also based on his racial profiling and his racial slurs, that George Zimmerman was a trigger-happy vigilante gunning to get a black man that night, IMO!!!
George Zimmerman had no knowledge of TM's background-good or bad that night, TM wasn't armed, and wasn't casing houses!!! He killed him simply because he was black! For that I need justice. We wouldn't let a black person kill a white person and not arrest them, this is racism!

And his statement to GZ, "Okay, we do NOT need you to do that!" was the ONLY emphatic and forcefull thing he said during the entire exchange. There was no doubt what he meant. It was not a "Wow, thanks, what a nice gift, you shouldn't have!" it was "Knock that crap off now."

This is just so obvious. I've given up arguing the point. Some people are just hellbent on defending the killer GZ, even if it means criticizing LE.

May I point out that it is outrageous to call GZ a "murderer" when we have only rumor and second hand reports. There are NO CHARGES yet...so GZ is not even accused of being a murderer. Not one legal affadavit has been filed, we have read no witness statements. We are going on a media that has proven on several occasions already to have PICKED A SIDE. That is NOT evdence. That is a biased media driving a story.

There is no evdence that GZ was racially motivated. He my well have loved his Black neighbors but hated the crime that affected all of them. WE DO NOT KNOW. The media has perpetrated HOAXES before and then sailed on to ruin more lives. Then, AS I KNOW WELL... THEY SLINK AWAY!

Doesn't repeatedly apply to both follows and harasses? By the way how did he harass Trayvon? Based on his story all he did is ask him a question.
If I ask you a question is that harassment?

GZ had his opportunity to ask Trayvon a question when Trayvon walked up to his car but GZ remained silent and spooked Tray. IMO, the continued following became harassment after that silent confrontation.

My two cents, statisticians cannot reliably predict anything from a sample of 8 cases. The larger the sample the more accurate the numbers will be. The point of statistics is to generalize results to the larger population. I have never seen a reliable study that included 8 variables.

JMO MOO IMO

So if in my area all burglaries have been committed by white people (which is actually likely), then it's fine for a black man to follow all white people in the dark, right?

Yes it is. And God bless him for giving volunteer time trying to keep your neghborhood safe. Thugs are available in all skin hues. The Gangsta mentalty is as white as Black.

So yes...he should follow the demographics!and any strangers that fit it!

Sure. If they are just following and not doing anything illegal. But the burglaries were by young black males. So I think it would not require anyone to follow ALL white people,just those that fit the profile.

When I used to work in retail, we profiled 'young white girls' in groups. They were often caught stealing make up and jewelry.

May I point out that it is outrageous to call GZ a "murderer" when we have only rumor and second hand reports. There are NO CHARGES yet...so GZ is not even accused of being a murderer. Not one legal affadavit has been filed, we have read no witness statements. We are going on a media that has proven on several occasions already to have PICKED A SIDE. That is NOT evdence. That is a biased media driving a story.

There is no evdence that GZ was racially motivated. He my well have loved his Black neighbors but hated the crime that affected all of them. WE DO NOT KNOW. The media has perpetrated HOAXES before and then sailed on to ruin more lives. Then, AS I KNOW WELL... THEY SLINK AWAY!
Totally disagree with you, I believe George showed premeditation in his 911 call, and we know he used racial slurs- even his own brother admitted that! I think GZ will be arrested and charged with murder following the Grand Jury investigation!

GZ had his opportunity to ask Trayvon a question when Trayvon walked up to his car but GZ remained silent and spooked Tray. IMO, the continued following became harassment after that silent confrontation.

That's fiction. None of us know what happened or what the witnesses said.

And his statement to GZ, "Okay, we do NOT need you to do that!" was the ONLY emphatic and forcefull thing he said during the entire exchange. There was no doubt what he meant. It was not a "Wow, thanks, what a nice gift, you shouldn't have!" it was "Knock that crap off now."

BBM
Subject to interpretation.
I read it as it is said. WE DO NOT NEED you to do it that means they are not asking for this service at all.
It does not mean that it is not legal or that they can even begin to tell him what to do.

Yes it is. And God bless him for giving volunteer time trying to keep your neghborhood safe. Thugs are available in all skin hues. The Gangsta mentalty is as white as Black.

So yes...he should follow the demographics!and any strangers that fit it!

The problem is that following the "usual suspects" won't always work. Those 4 burglaries could very well have been committed by white people.

My two cents, statisticians cannot reliably predict anything from a sample of 8 cases. The larger the sample the more accurate the numbers will be. The point of statistics is to generalize results to the larger population. I have never seen a reliable study that included 8 variables.

JMO MOO IMO

If you are talking about a very small apartment complex then you do not need a large sample at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallasgrl