Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #7 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, if thats normal, then I guess its normal. I just think if it were me, i'd offer a huge reward (because its unlikely you'll have to pay the reward and ifyou did, it would be WELL worth it.) Even if I didn't have that amount of money, i'd offer the reward, and worry about coming up with the money later. Just my opinion though.

I know what you mean about the temptation. However...

I don't know about California law but I do know that in at least a few states, that would be committing a big, fat felony fraud. In the two states I am familiar with, reward monies offered have to go into an escrow account with the conditions spelled out for disbursement and you can only offer a maximum of the money that is sitting in the account.

I lurk, rarely post, but have a question....when the purse and books were found, would the search dogs have been taken to that location? Would they have looked for Sierra's scent trail there? I imagine, if the dogs didn't alert in that location, then it's unlikely that Sierra was responsible for hiding the bag and books and was likely never there, with or without an abductor.

BY time they were found I think the scent would have been gone. It was a few days at least after she was reported missing.

I lurk, rarely post, but have a question....when the purse and books were found, would the search dogs have been taken to that location? Would they have looked for Sierra's scent trail there? I imagine, if the dogs didn't alert in that location, then it's unlikely that Sierra was responsible for hiding the bag and books and was likely never there, with or without an abductor.

Yes, they would have taken scent detection dogs there. I seem to recall a picture of two dogs and handlers in the area near where the purse was found.

From what I can see the tweet was sent at 6.29am but Twitter changes the time when you look at it so you see what time it was sent in your time zone as if I view her account it says tweet was at 1.29pm.

Yes this absolutely correct ..here's the quick timeline of Sierra's last communications:

6:00am-- last seen by mom
6:29am-- last tweet sent from laptop
6:31am-- last post to tumblr sent from laptop
7:11am-- last text sent from Droid cell phone(NO PICTURE WAS SENT FROM PHONE ..PIC IS TOTALLY SEPARATE FROM TEXT ON PHONE.. PIC IS FROM LAPTOP)

Oh and foxymona
welcome2.gif

Yes, they would have taken scent detection dogs there. I seem to recall a picture of two dogs and handlers in the area near where the purse was found.

Yes, sarx said this would have been done. I think it's called drop-trailing, but sarx will correct me if I'm wrong!

........or why wouldn't he just them leave them with (forgive me) her body after the assault IF she was assaulted----I don't know about that bag,it is really hard to figure how this finding fits into this case. Watch us find out it was left there by Sierra , on purpose days before for some other reason, and has nothing to do with her disappearance:waitasec:

Maybe it was a message. To me it says she was abducted and abused. A way of terrifying her family and neighborhood.

JMHO

Yes this absolutely correct ..here's the quick timeline of Sierra's last communications:

6:00am-- last seen by mom
6:29am-- last tweet sent from laptop
6:31am-- last post to tumblr sent from laptop
7:11am-- last text sent from Droid cell phone(NO PICTURE WAS SENT FROM PHONE ..PIC IS TOTALLY SEPARATE FROM TEXT ON PHONE.. PIC IS FROM LAPTOP)

Oh and foxymona
welcome2.gif

So for all we know the perp was the one who sent the text via cell phone proir to chucking it out the window...

What were the tweet and tumbler post again?? The pic of her in that sweater??

BY time they were found I think the scent would have been gone. It was a few days at least after she was reported missing.

Oriah or sarx should really address this but here I am...

As I recall, Sierra disappeared around 7:15 am Friday morning and the purse was found on Sunday. I don't know what time it was found on Sunday, so let's say 6 pm (towards the end of a day of searching).

That would mean the track could be anywhere up to 58 hours old (assuming that if the purse were deliberately placed, it would have to have been done a minimum of 45 minutes before it was found or there would also have been a suspect seen in the area).

The weather was relatively cool, there had been rain during that time and there is vegetation in the area. Plus, the building looked either abandoned or disused; probably not much foot traffic directly adjacent to it.

My guess is that if Sierra had walked up to the location where the purse was found, it would be a very detectable track.

I could be wrong. But I sure wouldn't have hesitated to take a dog out there.

Did we ever find out when the boyfriend left the house? It would be nice to nail down the timeline even more. Like, if he left at 7am we would know she was fine at that point.

I wish her mom or dad could elaborate on this. Why isn't LE holding up the poster and describing that jersey? It would be easy to identify if found. I don't know how I missed this before.

Sharks Jersey. Black, grey, turquoise logo. There is a logo on back of it with the name, STONEHOUSE and the number 16.

I wonder if Sierra had it printed and the name means something to her...or was it borrowed from a friend with that name. Heck, I don't know anything anymore.

When i looked up stonehouse i get stonehouse building supplies.
Could this be a company rick bought from?
maybe they sponsored a team?
could it be ricks Jersey?

http://stonehousebuildingproducts.com/

I still go with the perp threw the bag. Getting rid of the evidence.

I feel this way due to other missing people's cases followed.
If it was to cause terror, maybe. If it was to just get rid of evidence,
I'm not sure.
I do not think she got rid of the bag though.

Goz

Did we ever find out when the boyfriend left the house? It would be nice to nail down the timeline even more. Like, if he left at 7am we would know she was fine at that point.

No, we don't know when he left that morning or when he got home that afternoon or evening.

Yes, it would be SOP to bring the dogs to the location(s) of anything potentially connected to her.

thanks for the answers about the dogs/purse, everyone. I, too, do not believe that Sierra intentionally dropped the bag and books in that location and I don't (at least 99% of me, doesn't) believe she is a runaway. I would hope that by NOT finding her scent in that area, it would lend strength to the abduction theory. I just can't figure out why the books/purse weren't just dumped in a trashcan....seems far less risky than pitching the stuff in a place you could be caught trespassing...then again, I'm not a criminal, nor do I think like one...I just find the purse location sort of like a 'staging', to get additional attention. What predator really wants MORE attention?

Yes, sarx said this would have been done. I think it's called drop-trailing, but sarx will correct me if I'm wrong!

LOL. You're close. Yes, it absolutely would have been done.
Drop trailing is a little more confusing. A lot of times drop trailing is used in car trails (if the dogs have been trained for it) because you don't want to wear the dog out on a long trail. Example... You have a 5 mile long road with no intersections for those first 5 miles. So, you start down your trail, establish a direction of travel, then you pop in a car, head down to 1/4 mile or so before the first intersection and start back up. There are lots of other uses, but it just gets confusing.

Here I go again with the throwing topic :)

Apologies if this has already been covered. I am trying to keep up!

It seems like the books would have fallen out of the bag while being thrown, epecially out of the drivers window.

It seems like it really was planted there. So did the person do it on their way out of the neighborhood or did they come back, I wonder. If they came back, it seems like they are definitely a local to know to hide the purse there.

Just a couple of thoughts....

LOL. You're close. Yes, it absolutely would have been done.
Drop trailing is a little more confusing. A lot of times drop trailing is used in car trails (if the dogs have been trained for it) because you don't want to wear the dog out on a long trail. Example... You have a 5 mile long road with no intersections for those first 5 miles. So, you start down your trail, establish a direction of travel, then you pop in a car, head down to 1/4 mile or so before the first intersection and start back up. There are lots of other uses, but it just gets confusing.

Thanks, sarx! I knew I'd heard you use that term somewhere. Still learning over here!

Thank you, again, for all your help finding the missing! You and Oriah really deserve huge thanks. I don't think a lot of members understand everything you two do "behind the scenes" so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value