CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE is often reluctant to give up their own territory to the feds. Local LE like to hang onto the 'hold back' evidence rather than handing it over to the RCMP in Orillia. For me, this is pure and simple ego garbage!

I wish we knew if Orangeville, Mono and Hamilton LE did in fact give over all their evidence to the guys in Orillia.

I still believe these three are the works of one perp. Why hasn't at least one of the three cases been solved yet?

And LE really did mess things up in Audrey's case by spending so much time and energy on DLS.

What a crying shame.....

I completely agree roseofsharon - if LE can't solve a case, ask the public for more help. Pretty easy, and free of charge.

Canadian4 - a short while back I posted an opinion given by LE to Jon Wells. JW shared that opinion in an e-mail and allowed me to pass it on, which was, Hamilton Police figure they now have to build a case to prove DLS is not guilty along with a case that someone else is guilty.

Canadian4 - a short while back I posted an opinion given by LE to Jon Wells. JW shared that opinion in an e-mail and allowed me to pass it on, which was, Hamilton Police figure they now have to build a case to prove DLS is not guilty along with a case that someone else is guilty.

:what:OK, so Woodland - am I correct in thinking from your post here that LE must now have TWO CASES going in Audrey's murder?
-one for DLS
-one for whomever is guilty

Wouldn't that presume that LE knows who the guilty person is? Or, do they first have to prove that DLS is not guilty before going on to prove that someone else IS guilty?

What a mess........:what:

LE seems to be taking the stance they will need to have 2 cases - the one for DLS would likely be insisted upon by the Crown Attorney as a defense lawyer will undoubtedly point back to DLS. Who knows where they are now with a second case.

Agreed it is a mess.

In the unsolved murder of AG, sadly there is no family putting pressure on LE to solve this case. If there was family, I believe we would be reading a lot more in the newspapers regarding where this case stands to date.

It's hard to believe, that shortly before AG was murdered, the only fact we know to be true, is that AG took her dogs to the vet.

If the block of time between the visit to the vet and home could be filled in, it would probably help tremendously in solving this case. Those unknown steps before arriving home, I think, are crucial.

IMO, I still think the following to be true .... known to AG, young, close, daring, arrogant, and diabolical. The public persona is no doubt, quite different.

Just MOO

True, Audrey has no family to fight for her now. But, I would like to think/hope that her dear friends would put the pressure on LE.

What about her friend (whose name now escapes me!) who was the exectrix? What about her dear friend PK? Surely there would be someone to fight for justice for Audrey now.

:moo:

OT, but posting here in response to Woodland's interest in this nifty gadget...
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/231197.pdf
"The detector was constructed with off-the-shelf components to minimize costs and has a twelve sensor array platform designed to detect the major classes of chemical compounds found relevant in human decomposition. It is self contained, portable and built for field use. Both visual and auditory cues are provided to the operator. A data port allows the operator to store data, if desired. Total cost per unit is estimated at $1,000 - $1,500/ unit. Batteries, if fully charged, will last up to six hours of constant use. While not as sensitive as a mass spectrometer, the LABRADOR (in the field in less than 60 seconds) has been shown to provide qualitative data comparable to what is seen with gas chromatography-mass spectrometry headspace analysis with collected field soil samples."

Feb. 2012
http://blogs.knoxnews.com/munger/2012/02/ornl-licenses-tech-for-sniffin.html

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/702345--hamilton-senior-targeted-in-home-invasion
Nicole O'Reilly
Tue Apr 10 2012

Hamilton senior targeted in home invasion

"Hamilton police say a 72-year-old woman was targeted by two young men who forced their way into her Victoria Avenue North home and robbed her of prescription narcotics.

Police will not say what type of drug was stolen, but “don’t believe it was a random act,” said Sergeant Terri-Lynn Collings".

"The suspects are both described as white men, between 17 and 18-years old. The first suspect had short black hair, was clean shaven and wore a grey hoodie. The second suspect had a medium build, weighed around 170 pounds, had red or orange spiked hair, was clean shaven and wore an orange hoodie."

Quoted from dotr's post above:

"The suspects are both described as white men, between 17 and 18-years old. The first suspect had short black hair, was clean shaven and wore a grey hoodie. The second suspect had a medium build, weighed around 170 pounds, had red or orange spiked hair, was clean shaven and wore an orange hoodie."

Doesn't this sound like the police descriptions/images we were given in the Mono attack? I somehow recall the red hair. And wasn't someone wearing a hoodie seen walking along AG's road?

Hmm...........

Only problem is - AG's killer didn't seem to be a drug-seeker. But, still........

I was thinking about the red hair too, that- and the possibility someone assumed AG had serious painkillers for her arthritis and wanted them.

To my mind, and reading through these pages, PK seems to know alot about Audrey.
Example what she had in her home, no prescription drugs, etc. Yet he often claimed that he sat on the sofa just outside of the kitchen, or talked to her on the bench. He gave the impression initially, that he seldom was in her home, and if so, never got past the sofa just outside of the kitchen.
He has alot of discrepancies in what he says.
Perhaps he felt more comfortable talking about her as time went on, and gave out more information - withholding it initially.
Good questions re: her garden. He was referred to as the Handiman, by Audrey's neighbours, so I assume that it was Audrey who referred to him as being a Handiman to them.
I agree with you that Audrey was not a reclusive. She had friends, albeit a small group, but so do many other Seniors in this world. She drove her car, she played golf, she went for coffee, she went to gardening shops, to the vets, to her bank, etc.etc. Hardly reclusive. A private person yes, but reclusive?
She was a clutterer, and was shy of having anyone in because of it. That was according to her brother in law, and that makes sense to me.
Something is just not adding up.

To my mind, and reading through these pages, PK seems to know alot about Audrey.Perhaps the key word here is "seems"?
Example what she had in her home, no prescription drugs, etc. Yet he often claimed that he sat on the sofa just outside of the kitchen, or talked to her on the bench. He gave the impression initially, that he seldom was in her home, and if so, never got past the sofa just outside of the kitchen.
He has alot of discrepancies in what he says.How do we know that any of what he said is true?
Perhaps he felt more comfortable talking about her as time went on, and gave out more information - withholding it initially.
Good questions re: her garden. He was referred to as the Handiman, by Audrey's neighbours, so I assume that it was Audrey who referred to him as being a Handiman to them. MY biggest problem with this is that I don't e-mail my 'handyman'. They come here, they do their work, I pay them and they leave. I'm having trouble understanding why a woman would e-mail a handyman!!
I agree with you that Audrey was not a reclusive. She had friends, albeit a small group, but so do many other Seniors in this world. She drove her car, she played golf, she went for coffee, she went to gardening shops, to the vets, to her bank, etc.etc. Hardly reclusive. A private person yes, but reclusive?
She was a clutterer, and was shy of having anyone in because of it. That was according to her brother in law, and that makes sense to me.
Something is just not adding up.Totally agree!

Comments are contained within the quoted part.

DNA would not hold up, if I recall he was asked by Emergency Response to go back in, and check for a respons, which he did. Now if the killer, acutally left dna, there would be a mix.
Just asking,.

DW

If there was a sexual component as reported at the time of the murder, I don't see how DNA found associated with that area (if any) would be mixed with checking for a pulse, breathing etc.

How does a lab know a mix has occurred? Would a mixed sample produce a profile that would never be matched to anyone?

I was reading last night that in any gruesome killing, the killer always leaves trace evidence no matter how careful he is about cleaning the scene.

However, as was pointed out, PK was (apparently!) asked by 911 to go back to the body to make certain Audrey was really dead.

Two points:
1. Do we believe that 911 really asked PK to go back to the scene? (It'll be on the 911 tapes.)

2. What kinds of DNA does LE have from the scene and from Audrey's home? And does this DNA automatically leave PK in the clear?

And one more thing just crossed my mind about PK - is he 'automatically' exonerated regarding his DNA because he says he had been inside AG's home and he said he had access to AG's garage via the code?

How do we/LE know for certain that all of this is true? PK did have 'inconsistancies' in his polygraph. We/LE are probably certain that PK was indeed AG's 'handyman'. But really - how can we/LE be certain of anything else he's said?

LE will have PK's computer(s) so they will be able to check out these 2,000 e-mails shared with Bary, as PK has stated. Unless, PK was able to scramble his/another computer whilst communicating with AG.

Something is off here and I'm desperately hoping that LE can see it, too. And then, I hope that LE will dig deeper into AG's case.

----------
ETA: And what do we/LE know about the young and close man who was/will be married soon. Who is the wedding photographer for the wedding? Is PK attending? Are any of the K family attending?

So many questions linger..........

Being an outsider of Websleuth, and following this thread as a Guest (only because I am interested in crime, I find it amazing that PK would even think of looking at Websleuth or any other similar site, regarding AG murder. What would be his reason to do so - unless he was a previous reader. It somehow was very imprortant to him to come to your site, and make himself available to answer your questions (which were very intelligent questions, by the way).
As an outsider, I felt that he went on this site, to control the path of conversation.
JMO. --- and then he left when the questions were becoming even more pointed.
Perhaps he was just generally upset of being a suspect in the first place (in all fairness to him), but why go to this site and check up on what is being said here.

Being an outsider of Websleuth, and following this thread as a Guest (only because I am interested in crime, I find it amazing that PK would even think of looking at Websleuth or any other similar site, regarding AG murder. What would be his reason to do so - unless he was a previous reader. It somehow was very imprortant to him to come to your site, and make himself available to answer your questions (which were very intelligent questions, by the way).
As an outsider, I felt that he went on this site, to control the path of conversation.
JMO. --- and then he left when the questions were becoming even more pointed.
Perhaps he was just generally upset of being a suspect in the first place (in all fairness to him), but why go to this site and check up on what is being said here.

This is a very good question. Here are my own additions to your post:

1. Why would a suspect want to come here?

2. Why would he be (seemingly) willing to give so much info here?

3. Was anything he posted here true?:what:

4. Why did he leave so abruptly?

5. Is he still a suspect today?

6. Has he been in touch with LE recently?

7. Is he assisting LE in trying to catch AG's killer?

8. Was the cake at Christmas really that important to AG?

9. Was he more than a 'handyman'?

Too many questions here. It's very confusing.

BTW: You are now posting here at WS, so dreamwatcher I'd like to say "Welcome. You are no longer an outsider!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member