Deceased/Not Found NY - Etan Patz, 6, New York, 25 May 1979 #1 *P. Hernandez guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has always been a haunting and never-forgotten case here in downtown NYC (I am just ten blocks away) and there is tremendous hope for the family, finally. The street is blocked off and will be for 2-3 days, we just heard - which could mean that some sort of human remains or traces may already have been discovered there. May the Patz family finally have some measure of peace.

Where are the other threads?
I commented on this case perhaps two years ago. But now there not here.
Where are those other threads with comments please.

I want to see if that is the building the man was standing in that morning.

I am sorry, I am not being rude. I am just absolutely frustrated at this moment.

I hope that Etan comes home soon. (I didn't find another thread either in tag search)

:+:MrTT:+: I found this:

http://topics.nytimes.com/topics/reference/timestopics/people/p/etan_patz/index.html

Updated: April 19, 2012

Mr. Ramos had been an acquaintance of a woman who worked for the Patzes as a baby sitter and in May 1979, he lived in a tenement on the Lower East Side, about a mile from the family

In April 2012, investigators from the F.B.I. began digging in the basement of a building in Soho in a renewed search for evidence. The building, at 127 Prince Street near Wooster Street, is half a block from where Etan lived and along the route he was to have traveled when he disappeared.

"The city medical examiner was also on scene to help determine whether any findings are human remains."

Wow - this must be a pretty credible tip they're acting on....

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Etan-Patz-Case-SoHo-Search-FBI-NYPD-148088675.html

From link above... also map at link...

Authorities recently got an alert from a cadaver dog they brought into the 13-by-62 basement at 127B Prince Street, about 200 feet from the building where Patz lived.

Law enforcement sources say they have evidence to suggest Patz had been in the basement before.

auote...
In April 2012, investigators from the F.B.I. began digging in the basement of a building in Soho in a renewed search for evidence. The building, at 127 Prince Street near Wooster Street, is half a block from where Etan lived and along the route he was to have traveled when he disappeared...end of quote.

I believe without looking, that is the one where the man was that day that called to him, if i remember correctly. It was right by the bus stop that morning, as he turned the corner.

Thank-you for posting those links..

127 Prince Street near Wooster Street,........Yes, I believe that is the building.

Officials are searching the basement of a building on Prince Street that is connected to a handyman who had contact with Patz just before he disappeared, according to a law enforcement official...........Thats the man!

I've read they got a cadaver dog hit in this basement a couple of weeks ago. I think they'll get something---finally!

200 Feet! That's so close to his home. I really hope they find his remains. Prayers for his family at this time.

If this is already posted on thread please forgive, lot's of articles popping up now and very quickly on google news.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...pd-seek-new-clues-in-1979-missing-child-case/

snipped:

Investigators will also be taking down dry wall, possibly a brick wall, excavating the concrete floor and sifting through it

Reports say handyman, who worked in the building where police are searching, knew Patz and occasionally gave him $1 to help him do some work. Around the time of Patz's disappearance, that handyman put down a new concrete floor in the basement of the building. That floor has allegedly never been broken up until now.

I can hear news coverage on TV in livingroom covering Etan but I am not sure what channel it is on the TV.

That is the building i believe. he turned the corner if i remember correctly. And the guy was there in the door way, and entice him to come closer with candy or toys something, but i think it was candy. when he got close enough he grab his arm and took him inside and no one noticed. NOT the suspect all these years, but another guy, if that is whom they are referring to as the handyman.......TEAR IT APART...I think he is in there.
image640x480.jpg

I watched HLN coverage (that was the channel that was covering it earlier) and don't take this as a quote but I am pretty sure I heard that this is the same basement that had the art studio and the area where people gathered to have sex as well.

(People that have followed this case will know what I'm talking about) Just sharing what I am pretty sure I heard.

Oh man, to think that there is a possibility that Etan was there the whole time :( so close to home. :sigh: Bless his Mom and Dad's hearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid