Deceased/Not Found NY - Etan Patz, 6, New York, 25 May 1979 #1 *P. Hernandez guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't, either. I am sorry to say this, but I think the most likely thing to have happened is that he raped and killed Etan and then threw him in the garbage. I believe the garbage from NYC was taken out to sea. The perp knows the body will never be found.

I so feel for Etan's parents, they deserve to know the truth.

Just watched the special and a cellie said more than likely he put him in a furnace in the apt. building that the perp lived in. Sorry to write that.

Just watched the special and a cellie said more than likely he put him in a furnace in the apt. building that the perp lived in. Sorry to write that.

Yeah, I made my comment before I watched the show. How sad. Yes, he is probably long gone, but if the perp would just come out and tell the truth at least the Patzes would know for sure.

I just finished Lisa's new book on Etan - recommend anyone interested in this case to get a copy. I have my doubts that Ramos killed Etan.

It would be a very big coincidence if Ramos wasn't the killer:
1) Ramos is a sex offender against children with a provable record of interest in boys that age.
2) He was "dating" the woman hired to walk Etan and the neighbor kids home during a 6-week bus strike.
3) Etan disappeared during a two-block walk to the school bus stop--on the first day he was allowed to walk to the bus by himself.

Hello,

I'm the author of the recently released "AFTER ETAN: The Missing Child Case That Held America Captive" (Grand Central, May 2009). This is the first book ever in thirty years on the case. I'm a former "60 Minutes" producer - I did all the longform television coverage on the Patz case, including the only interview ever with Jose Ramos, the man found responsible for Etan's death.

To finally tell this story, I had complete access and authorization from the very private Patz family, the investigators, and almost everyone else who covered the case. I can finally tell about how the Patz family endured a parent's worst nightmare, then the crazies and the psychics and the hate mail (!); the prosecutor who escaped near death and pursued his suspect out of jurisdiction to finally lock him away…for a DIFFERENT child molestation; the undercover operation behind prison walls where the serial pedophile finally spilled his guts - twists and turns that took the whole thirty years to unravel. It's one of the greatest detective thriller's I've ever heard, and it's all true. AND it's still going on.

As Ernie Allen, the head of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, told me, it’s also an important story, about the birth of a movement. PLUS a mobilized public opinion could keep the bad guy behind bars – after more than two decades in prison, he's getting out in three years. As the book explains, he's never been criminally charged for this, even though a civil judge found him responsible for Etan's death. That could change this fallo with a new New York DA, and one of the candidates, a tough woman named Leslie Crocker Snyder, wants to take the case on.

This book lays out the evidence, and the case, for the first time. Read the book and you can make up your mind for yourself, but it will answer so many questions I see on this forum and that people have been asking me throughout the 20 years I've covered this case.

see http://afteretan.com for more info or go to http://tinyurl.com/dzvslc to buy the book on Amazon.

Thanks for your attention to this important case,

Lisa R. Cohen

Hello,

I'm the author of the recently released "AFTER ETAN: The Missing Child Case That Held America Captive" (Grand Central, May 2009). This is the first book ever in thirty years on the case. I'm a former "60 Minutes" producer - I did all the longform television coverage on the Patz case, including the only interview ever with Jose Ramos, the man found responsible for Etan's death. I also adapted the book for the New York Magazine article that is cited on this thread.

To finally tell this story, I had complete access and authorization from the very private Patz family, the investigators, and almost everyone else who covered the case. I can finally tell about how the Patz family endured a parent's worst nightmare, then the crazies and the psychics and the hate mail (!); the prosecutor who escaped near death and pursued his suspect out of jurisdiction to finally lock him away…for a DIFFERENT child molestation; the undercover operation behind prison walls where the serial pedophile finally spilled his guts - twists and turns that took the whole thirty years to unravel. It's one of the greatest detective thriller's I've ever heard, and it's all true. AND it's still going on.

As Ernie Allen, the head of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, told me, it’s also an important story, about the birth of a movement. PLUS a mobilized public opinion could keep the bad guy behind bars – after more than two decades in prison, he's getting out in three years. As the book explains, he's never been criminally charged for this, even though a civil judge found him responsible for Etan's death. That could change this fall with a new New York DA, and one of the candidates, a tough woman named Leslie Crocker Snyder, wants to take the case on.

This book lays out the evidence, and the case, for the first time. Read the book and you can make up your mind for yourself, but it will answer so many questions I see on this forum and that people have been asking me throughout the 20 years I've covered this case.

see http://afteretan.com for more info or go to http://tinyurl.com/dzvslc to buy the book on Amazon.

Lisa R. Cohen

I'm going to purchase a copy myself. I'll revisit this thread once I have read it.

Hello,

I'm the author of the recently released "AFTER ETAN: The Missing Child Case That Held America Captive" (Grand Central, May 2009). This is the first book ever in thirty years on the case. I'm a former "60 Minutes" producer - I did all the longform television coverage on the Patz case, including the only interview ever with Jose Ramos, the man found responsible for Etan's death. I also adapted the book for the New York Magazine article that is cited on this thread.

As Ernie Allen, the head of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, told me, it’s also an important story, about the birth of a movement. PLUS a mobilized public opinion could keep the bad guy behind bars – after more than two decades in prison, he's getting out in three years. As the book explains, he's never been criminally charged for this, even though a civil judge found him responsible for Etan's death. That could change this fall with a new New York DA, and one of the candidates, a tough woman named Leslie Crocker Snyder, wants to take the case on.

Lisa R. Cohen

i do hope you come back from time to time........to see if anyone has asked any questions not covered in the book?
I will wait to ask, until after i read it myself.........but i must admit, it is tempting to ask now, before reading.......but i will wait........
and welcome again.

ITS going to be about a week, before i can purchase your book....
so in case you come back before then, i want to ask a question now...
If it is in the book just say so, and ill wait until i get it to read about it...

on the day, he became missing, that morning, when he turned the corner, a right hand turn i believe, to get to the bus stop.........those buildings, on his right between the corner and the bus stop, were any of those buildings vacant at the time.........i have not seen a photo, around the corner that shows if any buildings were there, but if they were, was any of them vacant...........i am wondering if perhaps after he turned the corner and approached the bus stop, that perhaps someone standing just inside or outside one of these vacant buildings at the time, called out to him, and having known this person from somewhere, perhaps he went to the voice that called out to him, and he was taken back inside one of this vacant buildings, if there was one there at the time in 79?

As Ernie Allen, the head of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, told me, [After Etan is] also an important story, about the birth of a movement. PLUS a mobilized public opinion could keep the bad guy behind bars – after more than two decades in prison, he's getting out in three years. As the book explains, he's never been criminally charged for this, even though a civil judge found him responsible for Etan's death. That could change this fallo with a new New York DA, and one of the candidates, a tough woman named Leslie Crocker Snyder, wants to take the case on.

Lisa,

Thanks so much for posting on WS regarding both Etan's murder and your book. I read the book as soon as it came out and finished convinced that Ramos is Etan's killer. Stuart GraBois is a most impressive man, and although prosecutors can become fixated on the wrong suspect, the story as you present it makes a powerful argument, and one that should be heard by a jury. As you say, the book also serves to lay out the circumstances that led to the whole movement to expedite searches for missing children, use national resources in those searches, and keep even long-missing children in the public eye. In that sense, WS itself is a response to what happened to Etan and the tenacity of the people who have searched for him and his abductor.

It's a wonderful book.

I have just finished reading "AFTER ETAN" and it is THE definitive work on this tragic case. I recommend it to anyone interested in learning about Etan, his disappearance, and how it often takes just a few dedicated individuals to breath new life into a stalled investigation. Brava Lisa!

Hello,

Lisa R. Cohen

I have just finished reading "AFTER ETAN" and it is THE definitive work on this tragic case. I recommend it to anyone interested in learning about Etan, his disappearance, and how it often takes just a few dedicated individuals to breath new life into a stalled investigation. Brava Lisa!

Hello...
I cant afford the book right now.
would you be so kind as to read post number 10 when you have a chance, and check the book to see if it answered my question above..
i really appreciate it if you can sometime, and i thank you in advance for your answer.

Too bad we cant waterboard this guy..........we might be able to get this case solved! It wouldnt kill him and it might just make him talk.

Find it here:

http://afteretan.com/From_the_Patz_family.pdf

OR read it here:

On May 25, 1979 my 6 year-old cousin, Etan Patz, disappeared from the streets of New York. Even after thirty years, people remember this case quite well. Etan was walking two short blocks to his school bus stop for the first time and he was never seen again. Jose Antonio Ramos, a sexual predator, is believed to be responsible for molesting, killing and disposing of Etan’s body.

Here’s the scariest part - If nothing is done and my cousin’s case does not make it to a Grand Jury, Ramos will be released from prison in 2012.

In 2004 a civil judge found Ramos responsible for Etan’s death yet the current Manhattan DA refuses to bring the case to trial. Jose Ramos, a serial pedophile, is currently incarcerated in a Pennsylvania prison for sexually molesting another young boy. But, he will have served out his sentence in three short years and he will be back on the streets to harm countless other children. The thought of this monster getting out of prison should frighten everyone but if you live in Manhattan you can help stop Ramos – for good.

The current 90 year old Manhattan DA, Robert Morgenthau, has been in office for 35 years and to this day refuses to bring this case to trial despite substantial evidence and a civil trial showing Ramos responsible for Etan’s death. Morgenthau has decided not to seek re-election this year and retire.

There are three candidates hoping to succeed him. Judge Leslie Crocker Snyder, Cyrus Vance Jr. and Richard Aborn.

My family is trying to reach out to those of you in Manhattan to please consider voting for Judge Leslie Crocker Snyder for Manhattan DA. Leslie Crocker Snyder is the only candidate for DA who has pledged to put the Patz case before a Grand Jury, the first necessary step needed to obtain an indictment against Jose Ramos which could lead to a trial and conviction.

Our only objective is to save another family from enduring the pain and anguish our family has lived with for over 30 years. If you live in Manhattan are of legal age to vote, and a registered Democrat, please vote for Judge Leslie Crocker Snyder. If you are outside of New York, please reach out to others, to get the word out.

If you are unfamiliar with this case, please see http://afteretan.com or read the book “AFTER ETAN: The Missing Child Case That Held America Captive,” by former “60 Minutes" producer, Lisa R. Cohen. It’s the first book ever written about the case in thirty years. It finally lays out a full picture of the compelling evidence against Jose Ramos, evidence never before heard in public.

If you have any doubts about his guilt, read this book and you will see that when you put all the pieces together, he is irrefutably the villain who kidnapped and killed my cousin Etan. There were also interviews done on "20/20" and "60 Minutes" that will help you understand how important it is to keep this predator off our streets.

Thank you for your time.

The Family of Etan Patz

Attachments

• Open Letter From the Patz Family.pdf
    49.8 KB · Views: 2
Lisa, your book was truly an eye-opener...I had never realised Ramos was suspected of as many abuses as your book detailed. He should NEVER be released. I plan on writing the DA's office, and informing my friends about Judge Snyder...this case cannot be forgotten and Morgenthau's treatment of it has been shameful and disrespectful for years.

Thank you for posting this and for writing "After Etan"

...and thank you for your vigilance as well. Spread the word.

Jose Ramos has a long history and I've met some of his past victims and/or their families. The damage he has done is immeasurable, and as far as I can tell from my conversations with him and with those who've spent time with him, he has no sense that he did anything wrong. He has always seen himself as the real victim.

Lisa

DA Reopens Infamous Abduction Case
Vance Takes New Look at 1979 Disappearance of 6-Year-Old SoHo Boy Etan Patz; Case Gained International Attention
MAY 26, 2010

NY-AG004_PATS3_DV_20100525172455.jpg

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance has officially reopened the investigation into the disappearance of 6-year-old Etan Patz, the blond-haired, blue-eyed boy who left his SoHo loft 31 years ago Tuesday and never returned.

"I said I would look into it, and I am looking into it," Mr. Vance said of a case that made headlines around the world and spurred the creation of National Missing Children's Day on May 25 each year.

Mr. Vance, who took office on New Year's Day after Robert Morgenthau retired after 35 years, has directed his prosecutors to take a fresh look at a case that has haunted New York for decades. Mr. Morgenthau long argued there was insufficient evidence to proceed in the case. Aides to Mr. Vance said a decision has yet to be made on whether to empanel a grand jury.

snip

"I'm very pleased to hear that he's publicly stating that he's willing to reopen the case and do some investigation—this is a big change from the previous administration under Mr. Morgenthau," Mr. Patz said. "To them it was closed. It was done and over with. Here, the new district attorney is willing to start fresh and look over the evidence."

snip

"We lost a nice little boy, probably somebody with a great future," Mr. Patz, 68 years old, said. "I'll tell you this—what made him so nice is probably what got him killed. Outgoing. Friendly. Trusting."

"He was a nice kid," he said, "and that's what worked against him."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703341904575267070222203334.html?mod=WSJ_WSJ_US_News_5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels