TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8281/24/

Cynthia Lorie Perry, perhaps? Her date last known alive is: is June 17, 1985. Which would put it 1 month, day, and year ahead of LR claimed DOB. CLP is listed as 66 inches when she was 17, which, I'd think would give her a little more time to grow.

Her 'circumstances' are disappearing from the home where she 'had been living', so at 17 she wasn't living with her family...

The pic on namus is at a weird angle though, so it's hard to tell.

Judy Ann Gary went missing from Louisiana in 1986. She was married with one child. LE didn't take a missing persons report because they labeled her "a wild child". She was 19 at the time. She is not in Namus. The Doe Network has no information on her height, weight, hair color, eye color. So all I have are pictures and they aren't the best.

170_1.jpg
170_2.jpg

http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=170
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1537dfla.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8281/24/

Cynthia Lorie Perry, perhaps? Her date last known alive is: is June 17, 1985. Which would put it 1 month, day, and year ahead of LR claimed DOB. CLP is listed as 66 inches when she was 17, which, I'd think would give her a little more time to grow.

Her 'circumstances' are disappearing from the home where she 'had been living', so at 17 she wasn't living with her family...

The pic on namus is at a weird angle though, so it's hard to tell.

Most people have reached their adult height by 17, I would think. She would have had to have grown 4 inches to reach a height of 70".

Also, North Carolinian's have VERY STRONG accents. I don't know how they compare to that area in Texas though...

ah, ok. Hadn't thought about accents. Although, I did know a girl in grammar school who forced her self to develop an accent over a small amount of time. If you really needed to, do you think it would be possible to mask it, or learn to speak different so it wasn't so noticeable?

I'd also like to say that when I was 10 years old (yes, 10) I was 5 foot 9 inches tall. Freakish giant alert! I had my growth spurt early, and there are people who don't grow till way later than normal.

I did Google, and I found her on the doenetwork.
http://doenetwork.org/cases/491dfnc.html
On there, her middle name is Lorraine. Also says brown eyes, instead of hazel. Plus the picture is not loading!
She wasn't living with her mother at the time, so how does anyone really know she wasn't taller already?

Interesting, buffetoflies. The Doe Network profile also refers to her as "Lori" in the Circumstances of Disappearances. Hmmm.

I think it would be pretty rare for a female to grow 4 inches after the age of 17--- but it could be a reporting error or she could be a rare exception. Are there better pictures of this person?

Has Christina Lee Byers been considered? I can't remember.
clbyers.jpg

DOB: 10/22/65
LKA: 10/20/1998
5'11"
Brown/Auburn hair
Blue eyes

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

I just started reading this thread today, not exactly sure how I missed it in the first place... This is a very strange case.

I wonder if the truth was coming out about her real identity or in fact that she stole someone else's identity and it was starting to unravel.

As mentioned in other posts, in LR's obituary, it is only the husband's family that is listed as who she is survived by. Did her husband know the truth to who she really was or did she live her life with him as a lie?

Has Christina Lee Byers been considered? I can't remember.
clbyers.jpg

DOB: 10/22/65
LKA: 10/20/1998
5'11"
Brown/Auburn hair
Blue eyes

Christina was LKA in 1998. LKR had assumed her identity 10 years prior. The eye color was off too.

hope you all find this to be relevant.

I have been reading various articles (msm but i didn't save the links, sorry) today on ssn fraud. Apparently, these various sources claim that there are millions of cases of duplicate ssns being used at the same time. Last year there were cases where a ssn was used by 15 different people. The gov knows this is a big deal, but are dealing with such a huge amount of info and such a huge amount of cases---they do what they can, but it sounds like many cases fall through the cracks.

Coincidentally, on the cbs (iirc) evening news, they spoke about ssn identity theft tonight. The interviewee was stating that the irs and ssa only are able to check a fraction of the duplicate cases because they are so backlogged.

So, it sounds to me that it is really possible to get away with using someone else's ssn for quite awhile and even when both people file taxes. I have to say that i am surprised.

Also, another thing i discovered: There are a lot of cases of people living under an assumed identity. In recent history, too. I thought this case was pretty rare- but i guess it happens pretty often...this forum makes me feel very naive sometimes.

mine was used back in 2001, i just found out last year ,because i was looking for something, i also found out i have 2 ss#, and never has the irs sent a thing about the income that it was used to earn

DNA not in NAMUS yet - that would probably help. Only Rule out listed is Parley Pate - looking at PP info - to me it was not even close! Ht/Wt for LR is 'estimated' - though in pictures, she is obviously tall. No tattoos/scars listed. Maybe our sleuthing has gotten us closer (1987 date, July 1969 bd etc.). Once again, in this day and age, this should be easy to figure out. :banghead:

Sorry for the grammar. I'm just excited that we seem to be going in the right direction!

moo

sloane777777 said:
just saying are we ABSOULUTY sure she killed herself? is that what the ME said ? were there any questions.....

No, we aren't absolutely sure. That's what the NAMUS profile says, but the woman we think it is (assumed names) family is very affluent in the community, so they could have overroad people and had it wrote down like that.

No, we aren't absolutely sure. That's what the NAMUS profile says, but the woman we think it is (assumed names) family is very affluent in the community, so they could have overroad people and had it wrote down like that.

IDK- I guess anything is possible, but I highly doubt the family would be able to pull something off like that. Longview isn't a tiny town- it has 80,000 people in it, which means likely there is at least a few dozen police officers. If you include the area around Longview, it doubles the population and the LE (probably). So you would have to quiet a lot of LE who would have shown up on the scene including anyone who initially found her. And unless the family was used to covering up murders, I am not sure they would have their wits about them and their wallets open fast enough to keep people quiet before word was spread. JMO

Also I would imagine there being some signs of a struggle- she was tall and strong looking, so that would be harder to explain away.

And lastly- motive-. If we want to explore the fact that she might have been murdered....who did it? If hubby's family was going to cover it up it would point to him being the murderer. They were already getting a divorce (instigated by him, IIRC) and if he knew of her deception he could have gotten full custody of the child. So I don't see a real strong motive. So he would have to have been a murderer (rare) AND his family would have to have been willing to cover it up (probably also rare).

so in my usual longwinded way, I think it probably was a suicide.
All JMO.

I do to, deca. She had a good 'motive' for doing it. The divorce filing I found a few days ago, with the citation (possibly for custody of the daughter) 4 days prior to the suicide. Her husband had a large family who would support him supporting the toddler, while she had absolutely nothing, a fake past and all that.

We can't let her stay 'unknown'. She was special to somebody! Regardless of how her life ended, she meant a lot!

JMHO

I have to say, this case has really opened my eyes to the difficulties of finding an "unknown". There are hundreds of possibilities what with the reporting errors, unreported persons, runaways, bad pictures, etc. I really wish we had more to go on.
I wonder what info the SS investigators have unearthed? I would imagine that they interviewed the husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value