TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehn. I finally got my sister to get her UT-Arlington alumni account activated so I could try and look for LEKR's graduation info. Unlike the university where I went, the UTA site (as far as I can tell) makes you pay to become a member of the association in order to access any past student info. An alumni directory costs upwards of $89.95. :what:

So...I got nothing.

Ehn. I finally got my sister to get her UT-Arlington alumni account activated so I could try and look for LEKR's graduation info. Unlike the university where I went, the UTA site (as far as I can tell) makes you pay to become a member of the association in order to access any past student info. An alumni directory costs upwards of $89.95. :what:

So...I got nothing.

Thanks for trying! :)

We can't let her stay 'unknown'. She was special to somebody! Regardless of how her life ended, she meant a lot!

JMHO

And in a few years her kid is going to be hugely curious about her origins.

And if she's been reported missing under her original identity, her missing person's record is cluttering up the system, and making it harder to make real matches. Every match contributes to making other matches easier.

Weird weird weird weird weird... I was just on my Pinterest account and saw "LK and 17 others repinned your pin" (exact same spelling). I know it's a common name but I was just thinking about her, had just posted in her thread.

I agree, it makes me sad to think of her remaining unidentified. Alone in death as in life. I can't imagine how hopeless she felt at the end, knowing that her only family was about to be ripped from her. Knowing that she had no one to turn to.

Also agree that her daughter deserves to know her origins, her heritage. Who her mom really was, if she has family out there somewhere.

So...I got nothing.

I wonder if the graduation info is a hard copy in the library? Maybe some local WS member could mosey on down there some weekend and take a look. Since we know what year she graduated, it shouldn't be too hard. Although I am not sure what extra info we might gain.

Has anyone mentioned Jennifer Wictor?
Wictor-Jennifer.jpg

Snipped:
Wictor was last seen in Tempe on March 10, 1988 at 23.00.
Wictor's car was then found abandoned on Interstate 10 at about mile post marker 62 just west of Phoenix, Arizona on March 11, 1988 in the morning. Wictor's whereabouts are unknown.
Someone mentioned the possibility of a nose job...Maybe?

I keep hitting on Jennifer Wictor as well, until I remember the year. I need to start making a spreadsheet or something because I keep looking at the same people, over and over.

Someone got 1987 in Texas because of SS, right?

I keep hitting on Jennifer Wictor as well, until I remember the year. I need to start making a spreadsheet or something because I keep looking at the same people, over and over.

Someone got 1987 in Texas because of SS, right?

Came to Dallas 1987 was from Obit. I think someone found ss# gotten in 1988 Texas.

HTH

I wonder if the graduation info is a hard copy in the library? Maybe some local WS member could mosey on down there some weekend and take a look. Since we know what year she graduated, it shouldn't be too hard. Although I am not sure what extra info we might gain.

I was just kind of thinking that if she really *did* graduate from UTA when she said she did, there might be some other elements of truth here (ie, came from AZ, other timeline stuff). If not, then the untruths probably run even deeper.

This is what I am basing my 'lookouts' on:

b: 1960-1970 (based on Namus info and - upper end, she had a child in 2008)

Eyes listed as 'hazel' - this could cover pretty much anything but blue/gray

Height - she is listed as 70" (5'10") and is obviously taller than most based on pictures we have seen (may be closer to 6')

Per obit - lived in Scottsdale (not sure if true but all we have to go on) and was in Texas 1987/1988

Obviously, hair color could have changed, she could have had plastic surgery etc., but she can't change her eyes from blue to hazel (without contacts which ME would have noted). She can't change her height. ME lists NO birthmarks, tattoos etc. - Tattoos can be removed (and I assume, some birthmarks) but it seems an unlikely thing to do.

JMO, HTH etc.

Thanks, mikkismom- that is helpful to see what the parameters are.

Today, I stumbled across a missing person that I hadn't before.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/349dfmb.html
Lori Lee Berens
Missing since January 1985 from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'0; 225 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark brown hair; brown eyes.

Sorry, don't know how to post the pic. Her face shape isn't the same, but if you imagine her losing about 75 lbs or so, that could make her face shape less round. Also remember that you need to add 20 years or so to it.
I think the height, hair color and eye color is a good match. Also she left home after a fight with her family.
A main stumbling block would be the probability that she traveled from Canada all the way down to AZ (to steal ID) and to Texas, then proceeded to have a "normal" life from there without contacting her family.

Thanks, mikkismom- that is helpful to see what the parameters are.

Today, I stumbled across a missing person that I hadn't before.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/349dfmb.html
Lori Lee Berens
Missing since January 1985 from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'0; 225 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark brown hair; brown eyes.

Sorry, don't know how to post the pic. Her face shape isn't the same, but if you imagine her losing about 75 lbs or so, that could make her face shape less round. Also remember that you need to add 20 years or so to it.
I think the height, hair color and eye color is a good match. Also she left home after a fight with her family.
A main stumbling block would be the probability that she traveled from Canada all the way down to AZ (to steal ID) and to Texas, then proceeded to have a "normal" life from there without contacting her family.

LLBerens.jpg
Actually you only need to add a few years, because the main pic we have of LEKR was taken in 1990. This one's a little clearer.
Lori%20Lee%20Berens.JPG

It's possible. It's amazing how different a face can look after weight loss.

I think the pic date is wrong, I can't imagine a picture from 1990 being THAT clear. I'm thinking it was a more recent ID picture.

Respectfully snipped

There weren't a lot of details about the family dispute that caused Lore to leave home. She might have felt her life was in danger and she might have contacted her mother or another member to let her know she was alive.

It would be interesting to see if any of her family members think this could be her. I think its a good possibility.

Maybe the family dispute is how her nose was broken...............

LLBerens.jpg
Actually you only need to add a few years, because the main pic we have of LEKR was taken in 1990. This one's a little clearer.
Lori%20Lee%20Berens.JPG

It's possible. It's amazing how different a face can look after weight loss.

If this is our mystery woman it makes sense. She came into the US illegally and assumed an identity in order to be a US citizen. Possibly the family dispute was much more than a simple dispute and she feared her family would find her.

When her husband was threatening to take their child he might have known about the deception and used it against her or she feared he would find out and use it against her. Possibly, he threatened to contact her family.

He might be keeping quiet to keep himself out of trouble.

Has anyone mentioned Jennifer Wictor?
Wictor-Jennifer.jpg

Snipped:
Someone mentioned the possibility of a nose job...Maybe?

Timeline and circumstances match exactly great and JW is listed as 5'10", the same as LEKR.

I can see some resemblance but subjectively, it somehow looks wrong ... would love to see if the faces match up, even with a nose job. The face shapes look kind of right but in the wrong proportions.

The ID photo looks wrong for 1990 - it's too clear, the style seems very conservative but also more recent, and she appears to be 30+ then. JW actually looks more like some of the later photos of LEKR than she does the ID photo, IMO.

Is there any more we can find out about comparing these two cases?

RE: the photo that was supposedly taken in 1990... that must be a mistake, because in a 2010 pic of her, she looks almost exactly the same as in the "1990" pic.

Here's a side by side of the "1990" pic and the 2010 pic.

Attachments

• LEKR 1990 2010.jpg
    LEKR 1990 2010.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 134
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics