17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pit bull named Big Boi began menacing George and Shellie Zimmerman in the fall of 2009.

The first time the dog ran free and cornered Shellie in their gated community in Sanford, Florida, George called the owner to complain.

The second time, Big Boi frightened his mother-in-law's dog. Zimmerman called Seminole County Animal Services and bought pepper spray.

The third time he saw the dog on the loose, he called again. An officer came to the house, county records show.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-vandalism-just-shooting.html#ixzz1tAZFJxP7

Sooooo.... George Zimmerman wasn't angry that a mad dog threatened his family and the irresponsible owners did nothing?

Concerned Papa I have a question that I asked yesterday and unless I've missed it so far I have no answer. This is what I ask:

I was watching the video of the night of the shooting, the one with what looked like Trayvon's body under a yellow blanket/tarp. The video then went to the newsman interviewing the witness known as John. John said it all happened right behind his unit and he watched out the window. Then Trayvon's father with his girlfriend are shown coming to this exact spot. My question is where this witness John lives in comparison with the 2 female witness'es who have said that the shooting was behind their unit? Also, it appeared to me that John lives in the end unit, closer to where the sidewalk forms a T. Is this the sidewalk that GZ was on while talking to the dispatcher?Please someone help me out with this because its driving me crazy. TIA

Do you have a map marking both locations (that of John's unit/apt and that of the 2 girls-can't remember the names)?

I did find verification that GZ was licensed as an insurance agent in Florida:
Name of Licensee: ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE MICHAEL
License #: E007947
Business Location: ALTAMONTE SPRINGS,FLORIDA
Types and Classes of Valid Licenses
Type Original: GENERAL LINES (PROP & CAS)(0220)
Issue Date: 11/10/2004
Qualifying Appointment: NO
http://www.myfloridacfo.com/Data/AAR_ALIS1/index.htm

I don't seem that he had a business name for an insurance company, though I did find a George Michael Zimmerman who had a pressure wash company with a fictitious name in Lake Mary beginning in 2008 and still active. http://www.sunbiz.org/search.html

I don't think he could be an underwriter without a license. I'm not sure about being a 'fraud investigator' or whatever they called it.

IMO, JMO, etc.

Okay, I know I haven't been vetted by Websleuths as an expert on the subject, but I am declaring myself one! I was an insurance agent in Florida for 19 years, I held the same license as GZ. What the above tells me is that he took the exam for his license, but he was never appointed by an insurance company. In Florida, you don't actually have a license unless you are appointed by a company. (Agents can represent numerous companies as an independent agent or just one, such as State Farm or Allstate). You cannot work in an insurance office without being licensed, unless you have no customer contact (you could answer phones and pass it along to a licensed employee). If you were handling claims of any kind, that is a completely different license.

What does that really mean? I don't know!! Maybe he was working with an Allstate Agent, but was not licensed by Allstate for whatever reason, in which case it was not legit (if he had customer contact).

We have read in various accounts (linked on this thread) that he was working with an uncle or a black friend or his Godfather.

As I have said before, Allstate Insurance offices don't fail. I personally know two Allstate Agents in Florida and they are very, very successful. I worked for a State Farm agent at one time, the Agents were all tremendously successful, State Farm made sure of that. And, yes, State Farm did license me as his employee.

George, IMO, has tried many, many jobs and from what I have gleaned from the short work history, he has not done very well at any of them. He was (reportedly) brought up in a very strict Catholic household, perhaps he has a problem with authority?? Something is not right. IMHO, MOO, and all the rest.

LOL, I didn’t see this little jewel until this morning.

Soooo……these calculations are saying that 3 statements, each containing a hypothetical 50% chance of being correct, when combined, would only account for a 12.5% chance of being correct as a whole?

Might better rethink those “calculations”.

Since percentage is a ratio of the number of units of the part to 100 units of the whole, to correctly arrive at the percentage of a combined whole for elements containing different percentage quantities of common parts, each like part’s percentage of the whole prior to being combined should be ADDED, not multiplied, then divided by the number of times for occurrence.

For example; If you have 3 bags containing 100 marbles each, 50 of which are blue in color, and you combine 3 of these bags into a box, anyway you analyze or calculate it 150, or 50% not 12.5%, of the 300 marbles in this combined bag box are still blue.

This scenario of if a dozen perceived speculations, EACH containing a 75% chance of being correct, were to form one WS member’s comment, the comment as a whole would STILL have the same 75% chance of being correct, not the ridiculous assertion of 3.1%

Okay, this is why I hated math. lol

If he was a successful mortgage broker he made good money when the real estate was good.
But as we all know, that market crashed big time.

I work in real estate and can tell you, plenty of people in the real estate field have suffered greatly.

Any word on the hearing to unseal the records that was supposed to take place this morning?

LOL, I didn’t see this little jewel until this morning.

Soooo……these calculations are saying that 3 statements, each containing a hypothetical 50% chance of being correct, when combined, would only account for a 12.5% chance of being correct as a whole?

Might better rethink those “calculations”.

Since percentage is a ratio of the number of units of the part to 100 units of the whole, to correctly arrive at the percentage of a combined whole for elements containing different percentage quantities of common parts, each like part’s percentage of the whole prior to being combined should be ADDED, not multiplied, then divided by the number of times for occurrence.

For example; If you have 3 bags containing 100 marbles each, 50 of which are blue in color, and you combine 3 of these bags into a box, anyway you analyze or calculate it 150, or 50% not 12.5%, of the 300 marbles in this combined bag box are still blue.

This scenario of if a dozen perceived speculations, EACH containing a 75% chance of being correct, were to form one WS member’s comment, the comment as a whole would STILL have the same 75% chance of being correct, not the ridiculous assertion of 3.1%
:D :blowkiss:

If a train left Chicago going 75 mph at 3:30 PM....... :ufo:

If he was a successful mortgage broker he made good money when the real estate was good.
But as we all know, that market crashed big time.

I work in real estate and can tell you, plenty of people in the real estate field have suffered greatly.

The article is pretty non-committal imo about whether he was a success in the mortgage business. It could be he was just trying it out for a bit and it didn't work out too well. (That's what I get from "bounced from job to job" and filing for unemployment benefits at times but I could be wrong.)

Zimmerman had bounced from job to job for a couple of years, working at a car dealership and a mortgage company.

At times, according to testimony from Shellie at a bond hearing for Zimmerman last week, the couple filed for unemployment benefits.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-vandalism-just-shooting.html#ixzz1tAbie7rh

Was he in the real estate business?

His last job was as an independent contractor for a company that examined mortgage records on defaulted loans, trying to find information that will allow them to sue someone (false info on applications, etc.). The company is in Maitland, they employ hundreds of independent contractors (apparently including Joe Oliver as well as GZ at one time). He was not a Mortgage Broker, nor was he in Real Estate, and this job was after the Real Estate Business went bad (which is why there are so many defaulted loans). The company takes the records from Mortgage Companies and does this on their behalf, presumably taking a percentage of the recovery, sort of like a collection agency. I have to think that GZ would get a piece of that percentage when he was successful (?). Details were from about a zillion threads back, sorry I can't provide links at this time!!

It's a Reuters article, not really a Daily Mail article.
Reuters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well see, this is one of those things the Daily Mail does. The article is a Daily Mail article written not by a person, but by "Reuters Reporter". You can click on it to find out "all about the author" and headlines like this come up:

The horrifying fate of prostitutes forced to take steroids in order to look 'healthier' for their clients.

This is another article that someone called "Reuters Reporter" wrote. They do it to give themselves more credibility than they actually have.

A list of "Reuters Reporter"s articles are here - they are all Daily Mail.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Reuters+Reporter

My Opinion, Commentary, etc about the business of "News."
I think the owners of major media are playing a horrible game. To keep up their revenues they run with negative stories and then after the story either builds or dies down they go with the opposite side. They do this over and over again to keep the story alive. It is IMO, that today's media has nothing to do with ferreting out actual facts or truth. It is simply about making money and getting the most ratings.

Many people have just gotten so sick of it that they don't even watch or read the "news" anymore. IMO, that has led to people choosing to be unawares of the goings-on in their communities, nation and the world. That, IMO, is a dangerous thing.
Now see, as I posted in another thread here, I know that all news has a slant/bias be it right-wing or left, so I take it with a grain of salt and don't rely on any one source of information. I get my news from several sources- a good one is Google News which is generated from many sources...

But unless they can prove 2nd degree murder I wouldn't think statements (true or false) would convict/aquit.

There has to be evidence right? They can charge him with telling lies to LE (like ICA) but not 2nd degree murder without evidence to back it up.

Just My Opinion

I don't think Ms. Corey is a SA that brings charges she doesn't think she has very good evidence to support, from what we've read about her in previous articles. She has a tough and aggressive reputation, as do her investigators and prosecutors.

As far as the actual evidence, Mr. Gilbreath clearly said that the statements
(5 of them) that GZ has given to LE are NOT backed by the EVIDENCE they have. I believe that the lies of GZ have been identified AS lies due to the conflicts they have with the actual evidence gathered, even by SPD, since Mr. Serino went out on a limb and made an affidavit that stated this and recommended GZ be charged with manslaughter.

Then when the SA got the case and put all the evidence together from SPD and what they also gathered from other sources as stated in the Probable Cause Affidavit, she determined to upgrade the charge to 2nd degree murder. If she can't convince a jury of this, or if GZ gets off on the SYG stupid laws, so be it. But I'm personally convinced that she and her office and prosecutors are going into this hearing/trial believing they have enough evidence to prove that charge.

Well see, this is one of those things the Daily Mail does. The article is a Daily Mail article written not by a person, but by "Reuters Reporter". You can click on it to find out "all about the author" and headlines like this come up:

The horrifying fate of prostitutes forced to take steroids in order to look 'healthier' for their clients.

This is another article that someone called "Reuters Reporter" wrote. They do it to give themselves more credibility than they actually have.

A list of "Reuters Reporter"s articles are here - they are all Daily Mail.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Reuters+Reporter
Wow. Great sleuthing! Thanks.

Seems they didn't have a problem reporting any and everything else so why not the threats they had received?

~jmo~

Ooooh, you make a good point! They run to the media at every turn but can't find the time to report death threats, etc.? I would be scared of some of the sickos out there, and would definitely report for the safety of everyone. Maybe they did get death threats. So, what is the purpose for not reporting to anyone but the media and the court at the bond hearing?

Most of the TH's have been pretty cautious in how they try to forecast. A good majority of them, no matter if they defense lawyers or former prosecutors, have agree that this is going to be a tough case to prosecute as a 2nd degree murder charge.
And yet... that good majority has not seen all the evidence. I have faith in this prosecutor that she knows what she's doing!

I didn't realize until relistening to the bond hearing today that Zimmerman's wife, when asked about the donations on the website, stated that she had not been with her husband since he has been in hiding. This was in relation to the prosecutor asking her about Zimmerman's brother who supposedly ran the website and her "mistruth" (IMO) about not knowing how much money had been donated.

ETA discussion about this starts at 25:46

http://www.wral.com/news/video/11004815/#/vid11004815

How can you say she lied about not seeing him angry in 5 years? I don't get that.

The only way you can say she lied about that is if you were present when he was mad in her presence.

I documented a more concrete lie for you...

He was angry when the person showed up to cater an event? When the landlord tried to collect money (I might be off on the timeline of that one)... Wouldn't he be angry that a pitbull kept following him, or whatever that situation was? We know he was angry about the burglars and the a&&holes getting away. FT said he had "fed up" issues. The wife didn't see any of that?

She saw him angry, it was a stupid lie that she didn't even have to tell. We know that men get angry and doing so doesn't mean they are evil, violent people.

He had a very troubled relationship before he got married, to the point of injunctions being filed. He groped that woman and told her he could because she was "his woman." That says a lot about him...Are we supposed to believe that this tiger changed his stripes? I sure as heck don't!

JMO MOO IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member