AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google "vapor arrest". It is also associated with LE busting following someone for reeking of mj.

If arrested with no weed found, that would be a case of "internal possession" here. Fun, huh?

Our DUIs here in AZ read basically under the influence of alcohol, drugs or vapors... meaning huffing, smoking ANYthing (bath salts, incense, etc)... it's just a blanket charge for under the influence. All lumped together on the records being discussed here (again... LOL).
LOL, yes, aaaagaaain. lol, oh well. No way for anybody to go back and read all of the threads w/o spending days doing it.

LE has repeatedly been quoted as saying they have info but it is too "sensitive" to share at this time...

Cluciano63 TY. I would interpret it to mean something connected to narcotics. Probably not small time.... Just MOO I think of sensitive in connection with serious drug and/or gang investigations. I have most often heard of a "sensitive investigation " in terms of informants, dealers etc. It is JMO... Have no idea how it would be involved with this case though... MOO

Well, no matter what the exact criminal offense was, we can agree that uncle/cousin was charged with getting high in some way while driving. And getting three DUI's is very bothersome. imo.

I know a lot of wonderful people who made the awful mistake of getting a DUI. [ I was a bartender for many years] And the vast majority of them immediately realized the seriousness of the crime and cleaned up their act. You can still go out and party, but you need to take a cab or public transpo or walk or havea trusted sober driver.

But to get three DUIs in one year means, imo, that you have ZERO self control.

I so agree with you. The local media needs to speak with this family as they are family to the neighborhood. The media knows their community etc.

The Today Show is a morning show, of which, some folks are getting ready for work and don't watch the show.

I personally prefer that the family meet with the local media first.

(Just thought of Baby Irwin family who went Nationally and snubbed the local media.)

I think the Lisa case was a bit different with that wacko guy from NYC and the mystery benefactor leading the circus. We haven't seen anything like that with Isa's parents.

Isa's parents need to get as large an audience as they can. I hope they can give a Spanish version too.

KVOA 4 just showed good shots of the family today. Clear, close video. Looked like the dad brought out a grocery plastic bag, brownish/tan color with something in it. Not big though. The officer had what looked like a plastic covered item. Visqueen type plastic. They should have it up hopefully later. They did cut off the brother's arrival, just saw his legs getting out of the vehicle. Said Dad was there about an hour, mom 45 minutes. Nothing about how long the son was there, I don't think. I'll post it if I find it online to watch.

I am getting confused. So the police had something in the police trunk and they went to the trunk and wrapped it in a towel?

Is Jane showing video of them coming out of the home?

imo

That's what I heard them say. I'm going to watch the repeat of the show, if I can stay awake that long.

They didn't mention the towel or the comforter on the 6 o'clock news, but I did see footage of something that looked like a towel in Sergio's hand.

Guess I'm staying up super late tonight....

Vapor is also a way to smoke pot. Instead of inhaling/exhaling smoke, you inhale/exhale vapor.

I am beginning to sway in the direction that JM is really a cousin to Isa and not an uncle.

My son is dating a woman, whose daughter wrote "my cousin's cousin is missing." JM & his brother would be my son's girlfriend's daughter's cousin. (phew)

Somehow I have to find out the connection of cousins without being nosey! UGH!!!

BBM

Whatever was wrapped in the towel could have been bagged and tagged as evidence from the search warrant. But it would seem odd not to just put it in a bag to keep it from being seen.

If that was the case then why wrap it in a towel?

If it was evidence already collected they would never take it out of the evidence room and open it some place else. That is just asking for trouble.

They would just ask them to come down to the station and they could show them the evidence if it has been sealed in a clear plastic bag.

I dont even think whatever it was .........is evidence.

Google "vapor arrest". It is also associated with LE busting following someone for reeking of mj.

My first thought was vaporized weed. Not sure the status of medical marijuana in AZ, but in places where it's legal, "vaping" is a more popular method. Supposedly less harmful to the lungs than inhaling burning matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see Becky has updated her facebook. Cute pic of Isa!

KVOA 4 just showed good shots of the family today. Clear, close video. Looked like the dad brought out a grocery plastic bag, brownish/tan color with something in it. Not big though. The officer had what looked like a plastic covered item. Visqueen type plastic. They should have it up hopefully later. They did cut off the brother's arrival, just saw his legs getting out of the vehicle. Said Dad was there about an hour, mom 45 minutes. Nothing about how long the son was there, I don't think. I'll post it if I find it online to watch.

Oh so the daddy brought out the bag and gave it to LE? I can see why they didnt put the son's face on tv.......he is only 14 years old. I am glad to see they had that much decency.

I did read an article just now that LE said it was just to further their investigation and that makes sense since these are the people in the home when Isa went missing. That makes me think the Uncle was staying close by but not with the Celis or it seems they would have asked him to come back to the home too.

Imo, it is just like they did Mark Lunsford and his parents for weeks before Jessie was found and Couey arrested. They may even return for more follow up questions in the future. And other family members in child missing cases said they met with LE several times.

They do need to come back if they have new questions they havent thought about asking before.........that shows they are continuing their investigation like they should be.

IMO

The tape I saw showed the brother walking in to the garage. Looked like he unarmed the security system or something. He had on a white t shirt and jeans. I even saw his face for a minute. jmo

My local news in Phoenix said that the father Sergio? will be singing a song or Opera at a weekend event scheduled for Isa's disappearance somewhere in Tucson. Perhaps in Church?

Cluciano63 TY. I would interpret it to mean something connected to narcotics. Probably not small time.... Just MOO I think of sensitive in connection with serious drug and/or gang investigations. I have most often heard of a "sensitive investigation " in terms of informants, dealers etc. It is JMO... Have no idea how it would be involved with this case though... MOO

i agree...and though i can't find the link (channel 9 coverage from april 25th), the reporter said that after the initial K-9 search (cadaver and scent-sniffers), "bloodhounds from the department of corrections" were brought in. now...obviously they're trained in sniffing out...er...blood...and animals. but DOC dogs are trained in a specific specialty. drugs.

never embraced the drug theory until i saw that. it's on youtube.

that and a comment halfway down on this site (i'm pretty sure we can't post comments?) about Isa not being in school that day.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-tucson-girl-isabel-celis-surveillance-videos-hold/story?id=16210060

i don't believe 'uncle-brother-cousin' was the perp here. then again i still think that young man in the video said 'party'...not 'park'. ;)

No it was two different items. One dad had & then the one the officer had. I described what I saw & will rewatch it when posted again. One dad had, one the officer had.

PATTY anything new in the last hour, I had an errand to run, did NG have anything of interest?

If the Today Show thing is true, it rubs me wrong. Not that it makes them guilty, or anything, and I am glad they will be speaking to someone finally (Hopefully!)...but it just seems weird to me to bypass the local media and go straight to the Today Show.

I am actualy very glad to hear this. I thought if they spoke out again it should be done on GMA or The Today show. These people know how to conduct an interview and have a lot of class when they do it, imo.

They are not the Nancy Grace and JVM type of interviewers.

They will get much more media coverage if they go on a national tv show that is watch by millions than they would if it was just with a local reporter. These shows are even shown in Mexico.

IMO

slightly off topic..but not really

I still don't like " a family member tucked her in at 11 ", and I don't remember exactly WHERE that came from, but my opinion is, if it was a parent it would have been "her mom tucked her in" or "her dad tucked her in". Honestly, just having another relative tuck a 6 year old girl in is hinky to me (maybe a grandmother would be okay...) I have been with my now-husband since my daughters were 4 and 6 (preteens now) and I can never think of a time that he tucked them in. If I had a male cousin or uncle here and he wanted to tuck my daughter in, RED FLAG... a six year old can brush their teeth, tell everyone good night, and put themselves to bed fine. A super sleepy or sick or immature six year old might like a 15 minute story time and tuck in by mommy, that is normal, but even when my daughters go to their own DAD's house, he doesn't tuck them in, and their stepmom is the one who wakes them in the morning when they stay over for a weekend.
I know there are awesome stepdads and uncles and cousins and brothers out there, and I am not trying to offend them, but MO is that any male who seeks out alone in the bedroom time with a female child should at least raise some suspicion.
OF course we don't know if the uncle put her to bed, or who did, I am just sayin.

Next, the father-uncle theories due to the "two male voices" at "6 30".... if the uncle (on the MOMS SIDE) somehow purposely or accidently hurt Isa, why in the world would the dad help him stage a cover-up? that does not fit at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea