Legal Arguments - What went on behind Closed Doors?

And to think, that sick SOB had the nerve to wear purple on the most difficult day of testimony.
Wonder if we'll ever hear about his past- you know, the past he regrets and wishes he could change. If he didn't feel remorse about what he did to Tori then what did he do that was so awful he felt the need to write about it on facebook?????

Are there any unsolved rape/murder cases involving the victim being choked to death that should be looked into a little more closely??

If something goes wrong and he gets away with this, I'm making it my mission to find that damned car seat myself.

I'm so glad to see everyone on the same page here. What happened to all the posters who were so sure MTR was innocent?

"being a sleeze ball does not make me ahh ah what I am being accused of" Even he can not even verbalize what it is he is.

P.S. Hi craziladi :)

At one time I thought his FB comment was related to his drug run that day, but now I really do think it was because he was going to live his sick fantasy. It is even sick that he would even want to post that comment on FB. MOO

He's a pedophile, TLM was the innocent dupe.

I think they are both just as rotten as the other. TLM is nowhere near and anything but an innocent dupe in any of this JMO . MOO is she knew why she was taking Tori, and it makes her a sexual predator in my eyes as much as him. To me they are equals in every sense.

Unfortunately those posters that did not feel there was enough evidence were working off the same evidence the jury has! We all need to pray that they are coming to the right decisions, even though not privy to these latest details.

His Mother should get herself down to wherever they are holding this piece of crap and tell him to change his plea to guilty if he can !!

His mother should have taken him down to the river and drowned him when she had the chance, 31 odd years ago.

That's something the old folks where I come from would say when someone turned out to be a 'bad apple' - rural Canada folk wisdom, we're not as nice as people think! It seemed a bit harsh at the time, but now I'm thinking the old folks were on to something. Or maybe I'm becoming one of the old folks.

Disclaimer - I'm venting. This has been a difficult day.

Indeed.

When the Jurors do find this information out, how will they NOT feel misled?

But how will they not feel misled, these jurors who are now deliberating the fate of Michael Rafferty, not knowing he had a hungry interest in child *advertiser censored* and necrophilia, did extensive Internet searches on "underage rape" and downloaded a disturbing movie that featured an "angelic blonde" kidnapping victim who looked just like Tori Stafford?

http://m.torontosun.com/2012/05/10/rafferty-jury-didnt-hear-the-worst-of-it

Okay I am back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Salem I am sorry that I didnt think before I spoke and I said things I shouldn't have. During the last three days I was yelling out loud that there has to be more that is why Derstine didnt put him on the stand... So Salem and everyone I want to say to you all I am sorry I may have made comments that were not appropriate for this site and if I can say anything............LESSON LEARNED!!! It was tough reading and not being able to thank people.. there were so many good posts such as sillybilly. I am sorry for you loses and I cant imagine how that feels and I appreciate you being here.

I have to say I expected something to come out but not what they found on the lap top I was not expecting at all.

Yes I knew there were mothers out there that said something wasnt right with Rafferty and their children, that I sensed and that is why I was on the fence about the sexual assault and now.... I am saying 100% on all 3 charges but I am not certain the jury will. I am so saddened that this happened and that these things were not allowed to be brought up but I do think the crown has a very very very solid case. These jurors are going to be soooo angry when they found out what wasnt allowed once they reach a verdict. I feel bad for them its not right. Once you seize a car with a warrant you get it all why the heck do you have to get 2 warrants

I went through many tears in the last couple of hours and I really hope Justice is served. If this guy gets anything less than 1st degree murder I think I will not be able to stop the flow of tears falling.

Thank you for all those ladies/men that left me messages seeing if I was okay. You guys are awesome. I couldn't have survived this without your messages. you guys are just awesome and I am so happy I am back before the verdict is being read.... I swear he better go down or I seriously am not going to be okay.

I cant believe this creep existed. So sad for all of those mothers that have children and that he made those comments too, and the women that he raped.

I just cant believe what they have said. He is a true Paul Bernardo wannabee.

OMG.

There is no end to the despicable acts.

But among his episodes of Young and Restless, Rafferty left a computer record of frighteningly unhealthy appetites the jury would never know. He liked to visit ogrish.com, a web site with gruesome photos of terrible injuries and death. He Google searched "children for sale"; and looked for images of "naked girl hanged" and "girl beat up."

Between Jan. 25 and April 7, 2009, he was doing Internet searches on "underage rape" and "real underage rape pictures" as well as "necrophilia videos" and "epileptic naked attack" and "real gang rape."

Using the file-sharing LimeWire software, he had downloaded nine movies depicting child *advertiser censored*. One was downloaded just a month before the abduction. It was called, "rape lolita real snuff."

http://m.torontosun.com/2012/05/10/rafferty-jury-didnt-hear-the-worst-of-it

Unfortunately those posters that did not feel there was enough evidence were working off the same evidence the jury has! We all need to pray that they are coming to the right decisions, even though not privy to these latest details.

ITA agree and I don't think it is the time to try and single out those who were not on the same page as the majority. If someone wants to say, hey maybe i was wrong or if I had only known what is being reported now, etc. as i have already done, then that's great and I would hope it can be done in a friendly and respectful environment. JMO

i believe it was Tahorn. MOO

With the evidence presented I believed he was duped, I couldn't understand how that could happen ... A dare, WTF a child was raped and killed over a dare.

However now I know I was wrong, so very very wrong ... like others I know to be honest reasonable people who also believed there was doubt ... How could we be so wrong. I couldn't understand why no laptop, nothing the women said made him out like a predator, nothing but TLM word ... I couldn't understand why the case wasn't presented in it's whole...now I know why.

I pray that none of the jury felt the way I did a few hours ago ... I went to church, for the first time in years and prayed for them to find him guilty...prayed that RS was able to find peace.

I am completely devastated this evidence was presented ... It is a travesty.

Child *advertiser censored* should be exempt from such laws, and allowed, no matter what, as evidence. Period.
Children need to be protected, and if this guy gets off on some stupid technicality... 'upsetting' doesn't begin to describe how I feel about that

they sur do, and that's what Tori's law should be about, I hope something will come to a head that changes it so that critical evidence can not be withheld

With the evidence presented I believed he was duped, I couldn't understand how that could happen ... A dare, WTF a child was raped and killed over a dare.

However now I know I was wrong, so very very wrong ... like others I know to be honest reasonable people who also believed there was doubt ... How could we be so wrong. I couldn't understand why no laptop, nothing the women said made home out like a predator, nothing but TLM word ... I couldn't understand why the case wasn't presented in it's whole...now I know way.

I pray that none of the jury felt the way I did a few hours ago ... I went to church, for the first time in years and prayed for them to find him guilty...prayed that RS was able to find peace.

BBM I could not understand that either, and i thought maybe because there was nothing on it that would incriminate him. I kept thinking surely they would have found something to do with child *advertiser censored* on his PCs but when nothing was presented, ....

I can think of 2 cases off the top of my head where the perp watched child *advertiser censored* right before the crime. I can't believe the warrants got messed up! In a case of such proportions and all the time they needed, how could they have not dotted every I and crossed every T!!!!

I am sorry you search a car with a warrant you should be allowed to search whatever there is in that car especially if the information is about child *advertiser censored*. This is where Canada is behind in the times. Pedophiles should have no rights!!

I was one of those people that believed he was duped. I just hope that the jury was able to see more then I did. I prayed that the did ... After watching the video I hope they saw the smugness ... Dear god, I know we don't talk often but we need you know ... Please help VS find her justice ... Please protect our child ... Please god we need you now.

During Det. Smyth's interrogation in part 6 he tells MR he's heard MR has a seven year old daughter, nieces, nephews and MR replies to all..."guess you'll find out". Woah very telling. Moo

However now I know I was wrong, so very very wrong ... like others I know to be honest reasonable people who also believed there was doubt ... How could we be so wrong. I couldn't understand why no laptop, nothing the women said made home out like a predator, nothing but TLM word ... I couldn't understand why the case wasn't presented in it's whole...now I know way.

Interesting how people rationalize things or view the same evidence so differently. (And I sincerely mean no disrespect by that). For me, it was the TOTAL LACK of any info about the computer and the lack of anything whatsoever being said about his character and sexual preferences that made me realize there was a lot the defense was fighting VERY HARD to keep out. There were too many legal arguments during the ex-girlfriends' testimonies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back